BuyDiscountCigarettes.com Complaints & Reviews

BuyDiscountCigarettes.comUnauthorized charges

I have been purchasing cigarettes online from buydiscountcigarettes.com since Feb. 2008. Normally they ship by priority mail within one to 2 business days of taking the payment and always responded promptly to email inquiries, or were easy to reach by phone.

Now they have taken $84.67 on November 1, 2008 and have not yet shipped the order. No live person answers the phone anymore. There is a recording that says they will respond to email within 48 hours, but they do not. You can leave a voice mail, but nobody returns the call.

Good business gone bad.

• Ro
    Rodriguez Jan 04, 2009

Purchased two cartons of cigarettes on Oct 13. It's now Dec. 3 and I've not received the cigarettes. Have e-mailed them about it without response. They list a telephone number but it is continuously 'busy.'

I think this is a fraudulent website. Do not do business with them.

BuyDiscountCigarettes.comDebited account, sent no product

Had dealt with company for many years, my last order never arrived, however they did debit my account for $75.87. My order was place on Nov. 9, 2008 and cancelled on November 19, 2008 due to non-delivery of order. I have still not received a refund. It is now Jan. 2, 2009. I have called the (888) number and talked to at least 12 different people.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!

• Be
    Bettyblueeyes Sep 28, 2009

I have been a custumer of Buy discount cigs for 2 years now. I stuck with them during the change over or whatever was goin on. It took me a month to get me cigs.. But i did end up getting them.since feb i havent had a problem getting through to them or with too long of shipping times.. They have been great and they actually called me and offered me extra discounts. None of my other compainies in the past as ever done that. No one has complained about them since jan... I wonder why...
    -One loyal Custy

BuyDiscountCigarettes.comFRAUD

When this company was owned by the Native Americans they conducted their business ethically. You ordered your cigarettes, they took their money and your cigarettes was DELIVERED. Since they've sold their business to the white man, it's been nothing but FRAUD -they take your money and DO NOT DELIVER. Unless you have money to lose, DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. I was a customer for 5 years. Call your bank, fill out an affidavit and get your money back if they stole from you like they tried to steal from me.

• Du
    duane isaacs Oct 16, 2008

Misery apparently has company. I suggest everyone submit a claim to their bank for undelivered items paid via eCheck. Too bad, because the company was dead reliable for the 4 preceding years I bought cigs from them.

• Th
    Therese Kyker Oct 17, 2008

I am having the same problem. They have debited my account but cant get ahold of them and they will not answer e-mails. Does anyone know how we can get our money back. I have been using this company for over 2 years.

• Sc
    Scott Oct 17, 2008

DO NOT ORDER CIGARETTES FROM THESE CROOKS

This website must have gone out of the business of delivering cigarettes, but they still collect your money for nothing in return. I ordered from them on 10/10/08, and although they processed my online check, they have not sent any product. Also, I have tried (in vain) to contact them by email and by phone... haven't gotten a response yet. This is wire fraud and I intend to contact my State Attorney General, I advise anyone else who gets "burned" to do the same.

• Jg
    JG Blaze Oct 24, 2008

They took $422. out of my Bank without sending me my order. Ordered on 9/30/2008 and bank removal. never sent order.
    JG

• Ga
    Gary Nov 24, 2008

Good luck getting anything from them, no phone calls are answered and definitly no email requests are returned. I did find that all accounts were lost, stolen, something. Nobody is able to logon to the website as far as I know. I went in and set up and account with the same name and it worked. This would mean that all the account I have been using for years has been wiped out. I suspect that my banking information is out there with people that should not have it. Please submit your complaints tohttp://www.fbi.gov/majcases/fraud/internetschemes.htm. They were a wonderful company for years for me, don't know or care what happened to them but they need to be reported and prosicuted.

• Te
    Texan Dec 05, 2008

RUN, DO NOT WALK, RUUUUUNNNNNN!!! TO YOUR BANK AND FILE A FRAUD COMPLAINT!!!

I was hoping I was an isolated case of just very poor customer service, but obviously that is not the case. They nailed me for $175.00.

I placed my order on Nov. 8, the funds cleared my account on Nov. 12. As of Nov. 21 I still had not received the order. I teleponed the company. Miraculously, someone answered the phone the first time I called. She told me there had been a delay and that the order would be shipped in another week or two, maybe. I politely canceled the order. I inquired when my money would be refunded. I was told it would be returned to my account within 3-5 days. I even gave them time for delay over the holiday, but as of Nov. 28 still no refund. I've called four more times since then. Auto redial and a few hours of doing nothing but hitting it repeatedly is the only way to get past the busy signal. Dec 4 they told me it would be 2 to 3 WEEKS before the money would be refunded.

I filed a fraud complaint with my bank today. I had to close my account and open a new one. The bank will recover the money if they can, but it's not likely I suppose.

I also filed a complaint with the FTC. www.ftc.gov. They don't do anything but look for patterns and then maybe sic the DOJ on jerks like www.buydiscountcigarettes.com. I filed a complaint with the internet crime division of the FBI, also. And with the Attorney General Cyber Crime Task Force in my state of Texas and with the reciprocal AG office in the state of New York where Buy Discount Cigarettes is located. Because they use the United States Postal Service for delivery and distribution of the products they are defrauding people with, I also filed a complaint with the US Postal Inspector. Another agency that will likely have interest in this company is the BATF, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. http://www.atf.treas.gov/ They have been doing some investigations on these online tobacco companies so they might be interested in hearing about the thefts Buy Discount Cigarettes is engaged in

BuyDiscountCigarettes.comfraud/theft

I, too, have had a problem with this site. I did not authorize any other company to withdraw funds from my account and what has happened with Keystone is out & out theft. Because Native Americans are involved, a complaint should be filed with the US Attorney's Office as well as the Bureau of Indian Affairs.

• Ly
    lynn Dec 04, 2008

Ive only used the website for about 8 mos and the last 2-3 mos have been a nitemare. Its taking 3-4 times longer to receive products and haved called sometimes 10+ time per day, line is always busy. An order could not be completed and have yet to see my refund for 2 mos now. Have been considering calling the ATF alcohol tobacco and firearms federal gov., to complain and the federal banking dept. Hopefully they get there act together so it doesnt tarnish the good sites.

BuyDiscountCigarettes.comTerrible experience

I have been buying my cigarettes on line for some time ... from www.buydiscountcigarettes.com Website is off line now... and my account shows "disabled". There is No response to emails I have sent, requesting refund to my checking account for their double charge!

(This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it). Phone number gets busy signal. [protected]). HUNDREDS have been bilked out of their money! Other friends and relatives are reporting same situation... and NO response to their inquires.

We all suspect the company has gone out of business... and we're left holding the bag. NONE of us are able to contact this company or get any response!

• Je
    jeanette wasilowski Oct 23, 2008

my ach check cleared my bank on oct. 10th - priority
    mail was paid and 14 days later still have not received my order. whats the problem? AND WHY
    AREN'T THEY FIXING IT?????????

• Vi
    Vicki Scullawl Oct 24, 2008

All I want is a refund, taken from my bank the day after I ordered. Never again . Their has to be someway to make them be accountable.

joe fall Oct 26, 2008

i had the same problem, i ordered on oct.1 and was billed twice. i finally received my order on oct 24. i still have to clear up the double billing, they say things will be back to normal on the 3 of nov. i'll wait till then to call. their going from 14 to 20 phone lines so i should get through. we'll see.

• Lo
    Lord Sesshomaru Oct 27, 2008

I too, like most of the rest of you, ordered 2 cartons of Seneca cigarettes and had the money taken from my bank account on 10/10/08. I ordered this product in good faith, and in my opinion, the withdrawal of money from my account without any notice that the product was not in stock and without any e-mail contact to advise me of this situation can be summed up in only two words: Bad Business. NOW there is a Notice advising there will be no Seneca brand cigarettes until 11/03/08. I note, however, that at the time of my initial order there was NO such notice nor advisal, and I was not offered an alternate selection to satisf their debt, as I should have been. In summary, I can only see this company is using MY money in the interim, without paying me any interest nor dividends, nor as much as a Discount coupon off my next order. I can but say this once again: "BAD BUSINESS".

Lord Sesshomaru

John Parkin Nov 12, 2008

I had placed an order for 10 cartens. The took the money October 31. I have yet to get a response from them. Every time I call all I get is music. I had been a customer for almost 2 years and had always gotten order within 3 days. I can not get into account. The site is down I just tried calling 3:30 pm (cmt) no answer. All the other orders had been coming from New Mexico, now they say their coming out of NY. VERY BAD BUSINESS I have emailed various times no response

Jake Jacobson Nov 13, 2008

I too have been a customer for a few years. No complaint until now. I recieved an e-mail on 11/5 about part of my order (made 10/29) being out of stock. I have also ordered from bigindiantobacco.com - interestingly they have the same NY address that buydiscountcigarettes.com now lists on it's site. All e-mails to both sites returned with Mailer Daemon. I'm thinking that perhaps the companies merged, and they are in transition? If I wasn't a mostly broke nicotine addict - I wouldn't mind the wait as much... Still holding out hope that my order will arrive...

• We
    weld2 Nov 25, 2008

Complaint against BigIndianTobacco.com - 11/25/2008

I have tried this on two separate Computers, with two different Operating Systems and Hardware, with the same results, so there are no Computer issues involved, in my opinion.

1. Seemed very legitimate, and set up an Account on 11/18/2008, to have Shipments Charged by ACH from my Bank Account, on a 30-day recurring basis (Order #112173) which states "Expect to receive your order within 7 to 14 days, if your order is not received after 14 days please contact us", but so far they have not even acknowledged acceptance of the order, much less shipped it.
    2. Faxed a copy of their Form (with Bank Routing and Account Number), signed and dated, with a copy of my Driver's License (for age verification), and a copy of a Voided Check, to their FAX Number 1-888-374-5417, the FAX went through OK.
    3. The ACH, for $77.80, cleared my Bank on 11/19/2008 (the following day).
    4. Their Website however still indicates (as of 11/25/2008), one week after the ACH clearing my Bank, that the funds have not even cleared - as pertaining to my order, their Website states:
    4.1. Orders that have not shipped, order #112173, Priority, Approved waiting to be packed, On Hold waiting for Funds to clear.
    4.2. Emails sent to their Email Address ([email protected]) are not replied to (I have sent several).
    4.3. I even tried requesting an "Email my password" (I already know my password), just to check if I receive a reply, i.e. if they actually send an Email, and the Website replied "Check your Email - we have just sent you an Email with your password. Once you have your password click LOGIN" - however, that Email is never sentreceived, I have tried that several times too.
    4.4. They even have a "Live Call In available 24/7" Link, which doesn't work, however their Telephone Number (1-800-926-6202) does work all the time.
    4.5. They also have a Postal Mail Address "KASP, P.O. Box 365, Irving, N.Y. 14081" - I have not tried to send them letters yet.

I have Telephoned them several times - they are very polite and cooperative, however I receive (in my personal opinion) a "runaround":

1. First, when I stated that the funds have cleared my Bank, but your Website says you are still waiting for the funds to clear, I was told that although they went through my Bank, they have not gotten to their Bank yet.
    2. Then when I questioned them further about why does it take so long for an ACH to get to your Bank, it should be virtually instantaneous, then they changed their "excuse" and told me that they are waiting for the "Adult" verification.
    3. Then when I informed them that I sent the Verification to them by FAX on the 18th, and called back to verify that they had actually received it, and was told that they had received it, they just said that they would send a memo to that Department inquiring, and it should show up On Line shortly.

When these problems started initially happening I sent them an Email (one of the several ones that was never replied to) and the Customer Service person seemed surprised (or should I say “feigned” surprise) when I told her that, although they initially seemed very legitimate, but I was now beginning to think this might be a scam, however I would wait a bit longer to see what happens – this was on the 24th – now on the 25th with their Website still showing the same, I am filing a complaint.

BTW, in addition I have found almost an identical complaint to mine, about BuyDiscountCigarettes.com (on www.complaintsboard.com), which mentions that they list the same NY Address on their Website, that BigIndianTobacco.com lists on their Website – very suspicious (it also helps that I have complete dated Screen Captures of about everything on their Website, including my “Account” details, for evidence).

I am filing this complaint initially to the BBB and www.complaintsboard.com, (I've given up on calling BigIndianTobacco again, for the moment, and sending Emails is a useless endeavor) because I will no doubt receive the same BS runarounds, put offs, and excuses, however out of “fairness” I will give them a little more time, before I start filing complaints against them with the FTC, Consumer Affairs, the State District Attorneys, Law Enforcement, and any other Legal entity I can find to complain to, plus in addition contact my Bank to have any “recurring charges” from them denied because, even if they finally do fully acknowledge my “account”, with funds cleared, on their Website, I doubt that I will ever receive anything – there will just be more excuses and delays.

Regards,
    William Harvey

• Tr
    trying Dec 09, 2008

Bigindiantobacco has done the same to me. The 24/7 is just a call center in some other state. This whole ACH thing is a disaster thanks to the credit card companies. So angry I'll quit smoking, that will show someone!

Here's the WHOIS record (registered with a cell phone?):

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com) Domain Name: BIGINDIANTOBACCO.COM Created on: 20-Feb-05 Expires on: 20-Feb-11 Last Updated on: 12-Nov-08

Administrative Contact:
    Wholesale, Crazyhorse [email protected] PO Box 106 Gowanda, New York 14070 United States

Technical Contact:

BuyDiscountCigarettes.comFraud/Stealing from consumers

Don't buy anything from this website, I placed an order on 9/18/08 and they only shipped part of my order even though they charged me for the full order. They stole $113.97 from me. I have sent three emails to customer support and still no response even though they posted a message indicating a 48hr email response turnaround. The Toll-Free number for customer support has been off the hook, constantly ringing busy. They're crooks and that website should be shutdown.

• Ba
    Babette Oct 17, 2008

I to have been ordering from this company for years and began to have problem in Sept 08, may order was late they sent me another and I had 2 then because it finally showed up. This month money tight I only ordered 1 carton on 10/4/08 it still has not come todays date is 10/17/08.
    First kept getting recording about hours to call, now only busy signal and unable to go into web site it say's it does not reconize my e-mail address. I have called my bank and put in a report.
    When I check my bank information on the payment information it say's Keystone-cig, and nothing else.
    Maybe the company was being sold to another company and they are unaware of all of us ? Who knows, I just know I can not afford to buy regular priced cigs.

• Br
    Brenda Oct 20, 2008

Could anyone tell me where they have taken there businsess too? I am afraid to shop with just anyone, don't know where to turn.
    Brenda/ Arizona

• Na
    Nancy Oct 20, 2008

I have been ordering from them for years.. I called ANOTHER cigarette company and they told me they are all one (Yes, I got through, though I couldn't get through to buydiscountcigarettes.com) and she transferred me. They told me they are a NEW owner, are REALLY backlogged and she gave me a credit (which shows up now on the site) and told me they would ship my cigs that day or the next. According to my account they are STILL waiting to be packed! Yes, they deducted my monies a month ago. I need a good place to buy cigarettes, or where we can file a fraud complaint. This is disgusting!
    Today now I can't even get through to the 2nd # I DID get through to last Friday! What a RIP!

• De
    Dena/Oklahoma Oct 23, 2008

Buydiscountcigarettes is now owned by KSAP. The Hemi Group sold it in mid-September. I finally called the Jemez Tribal Office when I couldn't get any information from the web site, which is how I found out they had changed ownership. My e-check hadn't cleared my bank, fortunately, so I stopped payment on it and sent an e-mail cancelling the order on 10/8. The e-mail bounced, so I sent a written cancellation by snail mail on 10/9. The package finally arrived today (10/23) -- I refused it and marked it "cancelled." KSAP does NOT own all online cigarette companies. I ordered from Oklahoma Online and got my oder in good time, after allowing for the processing on a new account.

Mandee Oct 30, 2008

I have not been able to get through to them; they did not respond to my email and I have not received my order. My check cleared our bank in first half of October. I am going to contact my bank. I would contact the BBB but which one? I am really confused. Would it be the NY one?

• Ri
    Rich Nov 14, 2008

I'm happy to report that I eventually made contact with Customer Service. I was told a credit would be applied to my checking account in 5 working days. The credit was applied last evening. My advice, persistence does pay off, keep trying to make contact.

• Pa
    Patrick Nov 15, 2008

I also had been dealing with buydiscountcigarettes for years and had had good service. In October my order sat for 3 weeks without being shipped although they had charged my ACH checking. Four emails with no response and 3 phone calls that never connected. I received an email from them saying that they were increasing the size of their customer service department and that my order would be shipped within a week. It finally was shipped but was a substitute product and came from New York, not New Mexico.

I decided to give them a second chance and placed another small order on 11/10. The order status on the web site still shows "On hold waiting for funds to clear." (ACH payments only take a few minutes or hours to clear IF they are being processed.)

Email to them now bounces and there is no response to a phone call. Just hope it doesn't cost me too much to enter a stop payment with my bank.

As an alternative you might try www.allnativesmokeshop.com in Winnebago, NE.

• Ro
    Ron Conaway Dec 04, 2008

I know who I dealt with when I ordered from The Jemez Pueblo Reservation Cigarette Shop in New Mexico, under the name of www.buydiscountcigarettes.com.
    But then all the sudden the name of the contact was KSAP in New York.
    I can't find any information on KSAP. Try Google'ing KSAP and you get all kinds of things like radio stations, car dealerships, etc. but no holding company with a cigarette outlet as one of their branches.
    During business hours, their phone rings off the hook. After business hours you get a recording to call back during business hours. Send an e-mail and you get no response. Finally get through on the phone and you get recordings that tell you to leave a message and they will get back with you. No one has gotten back with me.
    I have happily shopped with www.buydiscountcigarettes.com for over a couple of years and always used money orders. In October if decided to give them a shot with direct withdrawl from my bank account. Ordered and waited. I noticed the change in contact information when I looked into my account a week into waiting for my order. A month later, still no shipment. My account showed the order approved and waiting to be packaged. I finaly got my order a month and a half later. It wasn't what I had ordered. A Note came with it telling us of a shortage in a few brands of cigarettes of which my order was not one. They were substituting a comparable brand. I got a cheaper brand. Still no answer to numerous phone calls and e-mails. A couple of weeks later I get an e-mail telling me they were sending me another order. I didn't place another order. I made sure much earlier that I unchecked the pay by auto-withdrawl in my account so they have no permission to receive money from me I don't send them myself. I very carefully watched my bank account and told them I had not ordered this next order and not to send it to me. No answer. A couple of weeks later, I received an e-mail that they have sent my next order. Oh and, if I hadn't placed this order, to contact them immediatly at the posted 1-888 number. Why, they won't answer. I try anyway and guess what. No Answer.
    Their Customer Service team posted a response here that they had improved service and added new phone lines and personell to assist customers. No Service is still no service.

BuyDiscountCigarettes.com — Do not do Business with this Company

BEWARE OF THIS BUSINESS! I have been ordering cigarettes from this company for almost a year now with no...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices