American Home Mortgage Servicing Complaints & Reviews

American Home Mortgage Servicing Modification

I asked for help with my loan. I need to modify my loan. I cant understand them on the phone. They wont work with me at all. They just dont try to understand. I have always made my payments ont time. I would not call and ask for help if I didnt need it. I guess they want you to lose your property.

American Home Mortgage Servicing False Charges and Fees

I was charged for a late payment that was paid they then charged me for a optional product that was a home warrienty that was cancelled in 2008 and the warrenty company is now involved in a class action law suit themselves and are sending me a refund every
month. AHMSI has charged my account several hundred dollars in false late fees. they refuse to cooperate in any way. i can not reach anyone in the company who will tell me anything, I have spent several hours on the phone only to have someone who barely speaks english tell me they can't tell me who to talk to. AHMSI is the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to have business dealings with. Patricia T.

American Home Mortgage Servicing Mortgage Fraud

We were behind 3 months on our payments due to a job loss. We received a statement (which we only get 2-3 timws a year) which included the necessary fees to bring our mortgage current. We called AHMSI to verify the amount owed, and were told to send certified funds, which we sent a cashier's check in the amount of $6, 248.00 (the amount on the statement and also the amount told to us over the phone). the rep said to overnight the payment and call the next day to confirm. We called the next day with the confirmation number and were told that our payment was now $13, 000! Well, the rep says he didn't understand what the previous person had done to our account and was going to research it and call us back. After a week, we called and were told again that it was still being investigated. In the meantime, our check was returned to us with no explanation and stated that foreclosure proceedings were started. Still no call back, either. We have received no corrospondence from them and have no idea what is going on. I faxed a letter asking for documentation on what is owed, and received a letter from AHMSi stating that they cannot send us a statement because of the circumstances on the loan. This started in March of 2010 and it is now October and still can not get an answer. I sent them the cahsier's check again, and again, got returned with no explanation. I can not log into our account on the website because the link does not work. We have the money, but we are going to lose our house because they won't accept our payment or give us any information. Class action, anyone?

• Li
    Lisa Kronsnebel Nov 28, 2010

I am posting everywhere I can to warn people about USAA and their horrible treatment of customers (members) - USAA Mortgage is run by mexican immigrants, I am totally convinced of that!! Our VA Mortgage Processor, could not communicate well at all (and I think she cursed out my husband in Spanish) therefore, I will tell everyone I know AND the VA loan center about how Veterans and their families are treated.

I applied alnong with my husband for a VA Refinance a month ago. My husband is 100% disabked as a result if service in Afghanistan- a grenade exploded under him during a "sweep". He is a grunt, an infantryman and would die for his country- and he almost did!! Anyway, our VA Processor kept telling us he has to pay the 3.3% funding fee. Then, she changed her mind and said no he did not. She refused to accept any paperwork from the VA with his rating. This incompetant dumbass mexican lady put us through hell and back! It finally came to the point that our lock expired not once but twice on us. Had we gone through with the USAA refinance, we would have had another half a percent tacked on to our rate.

I am thinking that this malicious treatment has to be criminal or fraud. I find it hard to believe that a fortune 500 organization would be so "politically correct" in its hiring to reflect the large mexican american population in TX without regard to skill or merit. I understand that they have a consumer reporter on KENS 5 in SA. I have contacted him and they will be airing an expose on USAA Mortgage Services in early Feb 2011.

I want to vomit when I think of the bad people there.

• Un
    Unknown76887678 Aug 23, 2011

Love the comment thanks

• Un
    Unknown76887678 Aug 23, 2011

Nice comment

American Home Mortgage Servicing money scam

Don't listen to one ###ing thing these people have to say.
The most un-organized company I have ever dealt with.
Get a lawyer, have him/her draw up a certified letter, with copies of bank statements or what ever you need to send to show you are in the right. Send it "certified" to the Texas home office and tell them to go legally ### themselves and give them 7 days to respond. They won't. It's a money scam.

I have current late fees that were falsified by them (and I have all my bank statements to prove it) on my account that are over two years old. They still call every month to collect but they have never reported anything to the credit bureaus. hmmm?!??!?

If you get called, ask for someone that speaks English and when you get that person tell them to suck your ###, go ### themselves, their mom is a whore and I ###ed her last night . . . whatever . . . just to piss that person off.

I used to get upset about it, now I treat them like the piece of ### they are.

Taliban Nazi ###s!!!

money scam

Steve Apr 04, 2010

You have to find "The Department of Corportations" to file a complaint.

American Home Mortgage Servicing Misapplication of prepayment of principal

I sent in $10, 000 additional with my monthly payment and clearly indicated on the form that it was for prepayment of principal. They applied it first to the next three principal and interest payments, then the remaining half to principal. They have done this before, and there are many complaints on these online forums about this company. I encourage everyone to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (easy online form), their state Attorney General, and their State consumer protection agency. With sufficient volume of complaints the governments will take action.

• Mo
    mortgagee Feb 15, 2010

How did you rectify this? This has happened to me 4 times already...

• Mo
    mortgagee Feb 15, 2010

How did you recitify the misapplication of the additional principle payment. this has happened to me every time send additional payments.

Steve Apr 04, 2010

You have to find "The Department of Corportations" to file a complaint. Even if the license had been pulled they are still protected under "The lender mortgage protection Act" You must file a complaint.

AnconaMgt Aug 09, 2011

As well in my case AHMSI took a payment in Nov. 2011 and for some unknow reason added a 2nd. Not complain, but they not removed one payment but two, when they found the error and replaced the fund, it was credited to Prin, with a small portion of the payment put into a holding fund to which they claim the Nov. payment was not made. AHMSI is now reporting the past 6 months of payments as not recieved and/or late to which they dont even know what to list it as. As I write this a copy of all payment documents are on the way to FDIC. If you also have had an issues with this bank get a hold of Consumer Complains.

American Home Mortgage Servicing horrible, illegal customer service

This company is totally bogus, the customer calls get routed to INDIA, they lie, mislead, provide false account info, the website does not work properly and does not allow a customer to make online payments. I have to spend 40 minutes on the phone, trying to get answers to my complaints and they never respond. I've sent certified mail and they never respond. They took too much escrow upfront, which is against the law, and they are being sued by several states attorney generals for the escrow issue. The lawyers are no help either, at Goldbeck, McCafferty and McKeever.

• Gm
    gmn Nov 01, 2009

Beware!
    I refinanced home after I paid my summer property taxes in 2006. AHMSI, sent me a projected escrow analysis stating they had paid the same taxes I paid and then increased my mortgage by the so-called shortage. While trying to get this resolved, I kept making the increased payments. Then fell behind on my payments and requested they apply the monies sitting in escrow, which were at least three times the amount of annual property taxes.
    Now, home has been sold at Sheriff sale, they would not honor a short sale and we are getting evicted next week! This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They are very deceitful! Where are our watch dogs when you need them? This company needs to be taken down and sued. Please contact me for any class action lawsuit.

• Th
    THE1WHOGOTITRIGHT Nov 24, 2009

BOB YOU ARE AN ###. THIS COMPANY IS A HUGE SCAM AND THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPL LOSING THEIR HOMES. CONTACT THE FTC. MAKE A COMPLAINT AND THEN FOLLOW WHAT THEY SAY TO THE T... GOOD LUCK.

mary lou sanchez Mar 07, 2011

AHMSI has been a night-mare I have been trying to get a loan modification since May 2010. Every time I call they ask for something different. They sent me 3 application saying they never recieve one I sent. Once they only ask for documents didn't say anything about application and ask me to send money over a period of 3 month, after sending money for 2 months I get letter sending my money back via money gram. When I called to find out what happen they rudely told me they never ask for money and it wasn't enough anyway. Sending money and the amont was there idea. Each month I would confirm money recieved, every time I talk to them they would remind me of money I needed to send. In Feburary they said once again they were mailing an application to complete. Oh! also they told me on several occation that any action on my property would be on hold util 04/2011. I confirm the date of the hold when they said I needed a new application AGAIN. I recieve application Feb 20, 2011, my house went up for aution Feb 22, 2011.
    I call AHMSI and they said that they hadn't talk to me since 08/2010. They said it was to late. I told them I had proof I had been communication with them I also have last application with date on it.I was put on hold for about 30 min. I hung up call back and they keep hanging up on me. During my experiance with them I have never got same answere once they told me they didn't have away to find out what happen during my last conversation because of where they were located. ALL THEY DID WAS CLOWN ME. But I'm not done yet. Next I'm contacting my Legislator and cc Obamah office they souldn't be able to get away with putting families in the street.

American Home Mortgage Servicing Simultanious Loan Mod/Foreclosure

AHMSI approved our loan mod, even though we made our agreed upon payments they foreclosed. I wrote to them but did not get a timely response. The house sold at auction and we were asked to move which we did. AHMSI rescinded the foreclosure but did not tell us. We learned about this via a collection call and AHMSI is expecting us to bring the loan current and pay all of the late fees and penalties. That means we have to come up with 10 months of payments even though we had to pay rent elsewhere. We are still in Limbo.

• Md
    Mdurbin Nov 02, 2009

American Home Mortgage Nightmare, and still going on.
    This is part of a letter I sent to them, andThe Texas Attorney general;
    “I need who ever is in charge of re-analyzing my Account to really take a look at it, and see what has happened these last few weeks!! AHMSI has had a pre-recorded call coming to my cell phone sometimes 3 times a day. And every time it’s says I have not made my April 2009 payment, and I owe $963.05 that is past due. And many times I get hooked up to someone from AHMSI, that does not know anything, and I have explained it to them at least 5 times, and they don’t get it (and of course they never even sound American from this American Company). Nothing they say has ever made any sense.
    First of all as I explain to them that I have already paid my normal Mortgage payment of $555.58 March, 31, 2009 which was for April. And I always pay my own taxes, and insurance. This I have explained about 5 times, and twice I have faxed in my insurance policy showing them it was paid. I have also entered my up to date insurance information on their web site. Anyway as you can see, and I can not even tell you all the figures the others from this company tried to come up with, and why they thought I owed all that. I now understand why many say the loan companies have ruined this country. Try to understand I have been hassled by this company for no reason.”

They raised my mortgage payment from $555.58 to $963.05, (that’s $407 extra a month) and I can not afford that, so I have been behind on my payments. I have still been paying, but can not pay $963 every month. So they act like they will help me get an affordable payment plan. If I would just sent in all the paper work they want, and I have a least 3 times.

• Po
    pookie bear Jan 23, 2010

where are the regulators in all this mess. I have had problems with them for over one year. I am currently on a trial payment that is 2487 a month. No one would help me understand what I am paying for.

WHY CAN'T OBAMA PUT AN END TO ALL THIS MADNESS.

• Mi
    Missy Oct 26, 2010

email him at the White House and maybe he will. Don't think he doesn't read his emails because he answers over a hundred emails, letters and phone calls everyday. I enjoy sending him emails to let him know what us little folks think...you should too, you help pay for him!

Angela Sessoms Feb 25, 2011

Dear President Obama
    Don't want to send a long mail, because you are so busy running the country and doing a very fine job at it. I just want you to know that this company is really a scam. If you could just get someone to look into it, i believe you will find that this company is no. 1 at violating all kinds of federal laws practices and have ripped people off in the billions. They have taken our money as well as our homes. Just take a moment, if you can spare, and you will find that millions of people will thank you for it. Sincerely, Mrs. Sessoms

• Fe
    felecia lea Apr 20, 2011

i agree that they are ripping off homeowners

American Home Mortgage Servicing they are trying to rip me off and foreclosure

Here is my story and why I’m asking for help:

In 11/2006 we had falling behind on our payments due to my husband changing jobs. He is a deputy Sheriff for Riverside County and went from in the jail out to the streets, but before doing this there was 16 weeks of training that no over time or extra days to pick up could be done. We had tried to talk to Option One but for a long time we had to speak to people that we could not understand and had to fight with them to get to talk to a supervisor, but finally we did get a supervisor and the only thing that they could work with us was a payment plan. Our payment went from $1550.00 to $2098.00 (now if making a $1550.00 payment was hard how can they think we could afford a $2098.00 payment).So to keep our house we signed the new contract. We made the payment every month even thru the holidays when money was very tight and our kids had to have a very very small Christmas.
In 11/2007 we made our last payment of the payment plan, when Option One called us and told us that sometime in the middle of our payment plan that our interest rate had gone up, and now that we owed $10, 000.00 or they were going to foreclose on our home again. When we asked what that was for they say that even though we was in a signed contract that said that our payment was $2098.00 a month that the interest rate had gone up but that because of the contract they still only charged us the $2098.00, but that the extra amount of payment that was not paid due to the payment agreement was just adding up behind the contract. So we tried everything we could to get out from under Option One but no one would touch our loan because Option One had reported us late the whole time we were in the payment plan which jacked our credit up. So we did a loan Mod with them and our payment were $2098.00 and was to start on 02/2008 and that we had to make the payment to them thru Western Union Quick Cash (which was $12.99 fee every month). And that there was a 3 month no payments at the start of this new loan mod, ( to help get us ready for the new loan, is what the company told us).
From 02/2008 thru 06/2008 we made our payment to them for the amount of $2098.00, In fact in February we made 2 payments, by mistake so when I called them about the second payment they said yes they caught that and that it was applied for the March payment because they could not refund the extra payment, I said that was find and they said ok, so don’t make March payment just start making payments again in April, but in June they rejected our payment saying that we had not made a payment to them since 02/2008. But when you go online to their web site it showed our payment, we have every one of our receipt showing that we had made our payment. When we showed them our receipts they then came back saying that our payment had gone up due to impounds for the taxes and insurance, but the $2098.00 was suppose to include the taxes but the insurance we have paid for and still pay for separate. They then said that our payments went into a special account not into our account, but when I said then give back our money and we will put toward a new place to live they said they couldn’t do that because then that would be saying that we had been able to live in the house for free all of those months, but I said but that’s what you are saying, so give back my money. Now when we call they are saying that we owe them $10, 000.00 in attorney fees for the foreclosure that should not even happen. They told us that we must agree to pay them $15, 000.00 or our home is to go to auction.
So I started talking to Option One about this problem and, in 06/2008 Option one was sold to American Home Loan Services that told me that they were so sorry that there was problems that to bear with them that when they bought this company they had picked up a lot of problem accounts that they are trying to fix and they put my account on hold. But then in 10/2008 without any other notice we had a guy show up at our house with the notice of foreclosure sale date for 11/2008.
I was able to get this postpone and started talking to a Cheryl in the foreclose department I faxed over 28 pages of receipts and info to them 7 times. Every month from 11/2008 thru now they have reported us 120 days late our credit even though we were not. And even thru the 3 months that we were not suppose to make a payment the reported us late. Our loan is still on hold we still get getting the same answers as always (still looking into it). Now we were told on 02/13/09 by Cheryl at Option One/ American home loans that the office in Irvine CA is closing for good as of April 15, 2009 and that a new office will be opening up in FL. / and also one in Texas, so if we don't get this taken care of soon, someone else will have their hands in our file and it could get even more screwed up.
Also now it’s time to file taxes and they only reported that we paid $4700.00 in interest when in 2007 we paid $17, 800, And we never received a year end statement for our taxes, when I talked Option One/American Home Loans and spoke to Cheryl about this she said that I should have received a year end statement for $4700.00 and that she would reorder a new one for me, but that was 2 weeks ago and still I have not received anything from them.
In the beginning of 02/2009 Cheryl told us that after all the research into our loan that she had done, that she had found that we were right, that we should never had been put on the foreclosure list, but when she opened our account on her computer it still showed our account to be in the foreclosure list and that our account was still on hold. It also showed that it was pending a loan mod for the full amount we owed plus the $15, 0000.00 for attorney fees that they say we owe for the foreclosure, but no one from Option One/ American Home Loans ever contacted us about a loan mod. She then also said that we should not agree to a loan mod that included the $15, 000.00 amount due to the fact that this was Option One/American Home Loan’s mistake and should never have happen.(she said that if we do agree to this amount then we were saying yes that we didn’t make or payments).
In April 2009, They sent us a loan mod that had all kinds of wrong info on it, when we questioned it they couldn’t answer some of the questions. 2 months later they sent us another loan mod with the same thing on it but now they added more amounts so now are payment went high, they want to do a loan mod for 350, 000.00 when my house right now is around 240, 000.00 and our payment will take one whole pay check and a little under a half of the other pay check .and they gave us only 5 days to look at docs and sign them or they will put on house up on auction.

Steve Apr 04, 2010

You have to find "The Department of Corportations" to file a complaint.

• De
    DebbiO Jan 15, 2013

My house was foreclosed on by them with the same type of treatment. We need a class action suit againt this type of business!!!

American Home Mortgage Servicing — Loan Modification

If any one thinks what they read about AHMS on this website is crazy-it is all true. Our servicing was sold...

American Home Mortgage Servicing — Class Action Lawsuit Anyone?

I think they should have a Class Action Lawsuit filed against them for these deceptive practices, fraudulent...

American Home Mortgage Servicing — Loan Modification and Escrow Shortage

We entered into a loan modification agreement with AHMSI in December 2008. They added $14, 000+ to the...

American Home Mortgage Servicing — Fraud and cheating

Our October 1st mortgage payment was returned to our credit union citing that they were unable to locate the...

American Home Mortgage Servicing — Fraudulent activity

In 2017, American Home mortgage Servicing, Inc. contacted us to say they would be handling our mortgage...