ABN Amro Credit Card Complaints & Reviews

ABN Amro Credit CardINTEREST CHARGED AGAINST PAYMENT MADE

Subject- Interest charged on the payment already made by terming it as delayed payment

My name is Ashish Gandhi.
I was issued following two credit cards during 2008 by ABN AMRO BANK.
1) [protected]
2) [protected]
I had made only one transaction and outstanding of the card was made in time during 2008. After this I never used this credit card.
I was never intimated about delay of payment and interest charges during 2008 to 2011. I had shifted my house in 2009 within surat city where I was staying during this period.
However after three years later I had started receiving call that I have to settle Interest amount of Rs.4115/- for transaction amount of Rs.1200/- or so which was paid by me within due date. M/s Royal bank of Scotland credit card section has started to negotiate that they are willing to settle within Rs.1100/- payment and in case if I do not pay them they have threatened me that they will spoil by CIBIL record. Royal Scotland credit card followers has threatened me that you are a small entity and Bank of such repute can twist your arm being large financial institute.
I was shocked by the such calls and I was principally not agreed for charges made against me by ballooning interest amount on such a meagre transaction made by me.
CIBIL report shows me in defaulter list. CIBIL has unilateral way of operation where they do not check transaction fact and operate only based on feedback of large financial entity.
I seek your help and guidance in this matter and improve my CIBIL record.
my email address is [protected]@yahoo.com

Ashish Gandhi
[protected]

ABN Amro Credit CardHarassing Call by Collection Agents

I had a very bad experience with ABN Amro Credit Card Collection Agents. I was supposed to pay for a card a sum of Rs.11, 000. There was a call from the collection agent on a sunday saying that i need to pay the cash on the same day. Since it was a Sunday i cud not withdraw the cash and I told them that the next day morning the payment will be made. But for the next 2 hours i kept getting calls from the collection agent threatening, insulting and using bad words for the same. I would like to know if I can get redressal for the same and if so whom should be approached.

ABN Amro Credit CardInappropriate Debit Charges

Dear Sir,

With due respect, i am inviting your kind attention on irregularities i found in my credit card statement last two three months,
i am having credit card of ABN AMRO freedom Credit card.

I have noticed after making payment on time my card debited with late fee of Rs.600/- every month and now this limit is crossed and my account is debited with Rs.4000/- ( as premier Club Charges) i dont know what is this. why they doing for so little amount they are damaging their world level repuatation for sake merely few thousands.

so i am here inviting kind attention of higher to give me clarification of statment and save their repuation of several decades and serveral billions which they are loosing merely in thousands.

My Contact No. [protected]/[protected]

Please let me contact or give contact detail so i raise voice to highter authorities level.

yours truly

Vasudev Rohra

Mayur Vaghasiya Nov 10, 2008

Dear sir
    My name is Mayur M. Vaghasiya
    my credit card no -5425051311509771

befor some month one scheme was activated on my credit card without ask me, that was Jet-set scheme

i was many times complain about this but yet on this date i am charged by bank Rs.5000 and some extra charges

so please let me know what should i do now? yet my account not credited by that amounts.

coz all of this i had stop to payment from now

let me know on thise mail address

Mayur M. Vaghasiya
    mayurvagha[email protected]

ABN Amro Credit Cardforcly activated some scheme of rs-4000 without my permission

im regular custmer of abn amro credit card and the payments are regular of mine.my account has been charged for the scheme of show card without my permesion, when i got so many call from marketing for the same scheme of Rs-4000, i had strictly said no every time when the marketing persons called me.but they had ask me about my personal information & i had given it for verification purpose but they miss used it and activated that scheme, without my permission, and also i had complaint this to custcare and ask to show me the recording of the call done by the executive but they cant able to show me the same and not able to attend me for the same.so plz do some action about it.

Chowdary Apr 29, 2008

The same thing is currently happening to me. Even I received number of calls saying some Premiere Club facility (@4000+) for which I always said no.
    But my latest statement reflected that this amount is charged, so I called the customer care & said I never opted for thism offer. He has forwarded the call (said to concerned department); and the new call attendee also checked the details and said this will be reverted in next statemnt and I also checked with him/her that I dont have to pay this amount. Thus I paid the rest of the amount which I am due tp pay.
    After 2 days, now somebody called me from a Delhi number saying I payed less amount, I asked what is the less amount, he said, it is less amount than the minimum due amount. I clarified I paid full and the rest amount is not to be paid by me, which will be reverted in next statement, he handed the phone to his senior, who simply started saying all non-sense like you should pay, otherwise next statement cannot /will not be generated. Further he satrted talking bad (dhimaak hai...) because of which I just disconnected the call.
    I called the customer care to check about the details, the customer service associate said currently system is not working, so cannot see any details, and could not help now and call latter.

I think this is really very serious issue, needs to be properly addressed by the bank people.

ABN Amro Credit CardRude behavior of executive!

Rude Behaviour of executive on phone (Calling from phone no [protected]) A female Caller called me from ABN AMRO BILL Collection for collecting my last month due(due Date 7th December 2007) . Her words were like I will some people to collect payment & tell your Family member how you have used ABN AMRO Credit Card. She also told me that bank don't give anything in writing & they only want money. Bank don't know how ever you make this payment. I told her clearly that this month I have some financial problem so I won't be able to make payment this month but I told her that in next month i ll pay total amt due with the late fee amount but She told either your beg or borrow from any one but bank want there money back.

But after seeing such type of response from you employee. I decided to cancel the card and also told all my friend to Immediately deactivate there ABN AMRO Credit Card.

jaishankar Jan 08, 2008

i have a abn credit card. i have used my card for 49,000. And i have not received any statement for the same but was charged overdue, late payment and lot more. Called them to launch complint for the same 3 times. they said the problem will be solved. but still not receiving the statement. Dis satisfied a lot. gonna cancel the card.

• Ra
    Ranjitsingh Bhandari Jul 26, 2008

My statement AC no: AAB
    Card no:7777777772251004
    My statement of date 08/07/08 you added a late fees of Rs:700 of 2 months i Request you to plese REVERSE/RETURN my late fees. I have called in call/phone service 3-4 Times complaint.no:080711800362 please solve my PROBLEM AS EARLY AS U CAN, THANK YOU.

ABN Amro Credit CardAbuse!

I have an ABN AMRO credit card for more than 4 years. Frankly saying, I am not a proper payment maker. Every month only minimum payments. Sometimes once in two months. The bank's collection dept staff calls and they inform me the minimum payment amount. Last month a staff called and he asked me to pay the amount the same day. I was not able to pay the money the same day. The same person telephoned my mother back home in India and started abusing in very bad language. He started blackmailing her and spoken in very manner. After that I took the bank staff details and planning to complaint to higher authorities.

I hope this complaint will open to all who reads this letter, especially who deals with ABN AMRO Bank in UAE.

ABN Amro Credit Card — Harrasing calls from collection agency of a paid card

I had a Credit Card from ABN AMRO with a maximum limit of 15k issued in 2004. The card expired in 2006 March...

ABN Amro Credit CardWrong statement transaction!

I have made a transaction at PLANET FASHION CHENNAI MAH, in Chennai to purchase clothes for about Rs. 1,999.00 ( One Thousand Nine Hundred and Ninety Nine Only ). However, the online bank transactions are showing this one as a 19,999.00 ( Nineteen Thousand Nine Hundred Ninety Nine Only ). Therefore, it is really annoying to show this kind of mistakes either from the Bank or Outlet. Does any body faced this kind of situations. We should strongly protest against this kind of mal practices, which causes annoying thing to the card holders.

ABN Amro Credit CardUndue charges against my credit card

These is regarding the unnecessary charges forced on my credit card account. I got this credit card in 2006 made some purchase of amount near 9000. I was not sent the credit card statement around 8 months but statement with the late payment and finance charges keep increasing and their collection department collect it from me on monthly basis like this...

=1200
=900
=950
=2500 (big Payment from my side deposite in Bank)
=6000 (big Payment from my side deposite in Bank)
=1100
=850
=600
=650
Total=14750

I called up customer care and told them that I have paid more than my principal amount and they assured me that this amount would be reverted in next month's statement. I paid the amount other than extra charges but next month they again added extra charges over the extra charges in previous month. I again called up customer care and they again told me that by next month charges will be reverted back. The same thing kept on going and in July, 2007 I applied for the cancellation and wrote the email to card service no satisfactory reply received from their side even they asked me to deposit INR 12500 more amount and after that they will cancel my card.

I talked to a Manager in credit card department but she talked very rudely saying that I have to pay the amount . I don't know what should I do now. They have almost trapped me. When I asked to give any office address where I can talk to any senior person, she declined straight forward saying that it has to be done through phone only. I just don't know what to do.

Please someone do tell me any way out from this problem... I am attaching here the same e - mail i received from their department.

"Dear Mr. Upadhyay ,
We refer to your email dated July 25 , 2007.

We have reviewed your case and would like to inform you that there is an outstanding balance of Rs.12,225.41 which is payable by you post which your credit card will be closed. Request you to clear your dues immediately to avoid further charges.

You may quote the mentioned reference number:0000000, in case you need any further clarification on your query.

Please feel free to write back to us for any further clarifications that you have in this regard or call our 24-hour Bank by Phone service in your city and our executive will be glad to assist you.

Assuring you of our best services.

Yours sincerely,
Cardservices

mahendra Nov 18, 2007

Lodge an FIR at local police station. Also buy a copy of Insight magazine from the news stand and correspond with them with proper documents. They are very efficient.

My experience with ABN AMRO CREDIT CARD & ABN AMRO BANK is much worse. I continue to document it on my blog.

• sir, i am using abn card for past 3 years.before 2months they upgraded to abnamro one and charging me rs 4000.after complaining by phone they reversed only 1000 rs.balance rs3000 i have to pay.kindly arrange to reverse the same.my card no 5415382401656145 valid thru 07/08.thanks.

• Ra
    ravi kumar Mar 01, 2008

sir
    i got an ABN amro freedom card. I made a transaction of nearly Rs 30,000 in Nov 2006. As per then existing offers, I converted the total amount in to equal monthly installements with nominal processing charges. I opted for 6 EMIs and expected the total transaction clears by May-June 2007. After paying 6 instalments , I received a statement showing to pay on more EMI. After contacting the customer care, they could not (according to their version, but in fact they did not try )retrieve the paid transactions on their end. The statements are contineuosly coming with added service charges, penalties ......I decided to deal the issue till the end.....but not to pay a single paise as per the statement. I checekd their web site and put mails to the concerned giving the details. I stopped using the card till the query settle down. Many times i got calls from them (they claim the call is from ABN but i understood they are franchise to the bank )to pay immediatly the outstandings. But everytime, I patiently repeated the whole story with every one who called me....U really wonder If i tell the month in which i get a mail from them saying not to pay any thing....Its JAN 2008. I clearly mentioned them I use the card only if they settle the issue...
    Even after receiving mail from them also... i got a statement with latefee and service charges.....I mailed them that once if i recieve a statement showing the ZERO outstanding, I will start using the card....I got sms alert from them saying that all the charges are reversed, i am yet to receive the latest statement......
    I strongly feel that Once we know and have evidences about our financial transactions, we should not worry about the figures they show in the statements but be patient and fight with them till we get the problem solved...
    They will increase the penalty etc etc just to make the customer more worried and take a hasty decision.....
    so .... just patient and get ur queries solved......
    good luck.....

shajahan sulthan Nov 29, 2008

callme;9994977660

• Na
    Nagendra kumar singh Jun 08, 2009

sir, i am using abn card for past 2 years.ABN Amro card give offer of Loan on my card so i have taken loan rs 20000 for one year.my instalment is 1892 monthly, but in statment showing 3400 approx on every month, i have call to custumer care & e-mail, but they are not resilving this provlem, kindly arrange to reverse the same.my card no 5415382330372236.thanks.

Chattopadhyay Jun 10, 2009

The RBI has an Ombudsman program - you can try lodging your complaints there. Visit http://bankingombudsman.rbi.org.in

ABN AMRO credit card division is totally rogue - don't let them get away.