Renault — new car warranty
The car is fantastic, however Renault's "too bad" attitude to suddenly reducing then reinstating the length of a new car warranty is abysmal.
When I placed my purchase order for a new Megane RS vehicle (with deposit) on 16th March 2018, the factory warranty offered was 5 years.
When the new vehicle was finally delivered 7 months later in October 2018, I was informed the warranty had been reduced to the non-industry standard of 3 years.
And today I find out the warranty was bought back in line with the industry standard of 5 years, mere months after I took delivery (same build model)
Rather than simply say "we won't backdate" you should do the right thing and give the 5 year warranty I should have got in the first place.
Especially seeing that the warranty offered was 5 years when I ordered the new vehicle, in good faith.
Bad, knee jerk company decisions, that border on deception, should always be rectified.
More Renault Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Renault - I am tired of phoning renault, I do not have the energy anymore 
- Renault Megane (2) 2006 - 2007 - car defects
- Renault Latitude OEM Stereo Radio Car DVD Player GPS Navi Cav - 8070le - renault latitude oem stereo radio car dvd player gps navi cav-8070le
- Renault - window regulator switches 
- Renault - terrible service quality 
- Renault SA - wrong model financed and no responsibility taken
- Renault Clio 1. 2 Va Va Voom - faulty aoirbags and seatbelts.
- Renault Clio - 5 year old car engine blows after full services, only 60k mileage and no other issues
- [Resolved] Renault - renault's poor service car parts for kwid
- Renault Clio 1. 5 DCI - faulty motor