Having problems with Renault?

+44 192 389 5000 (United Kingdom)
+64 92 816 611 (New Zealand)
+32 23 347 611 (Belgium and Luxemburg)
+45 80 889 400 (Denmark)
+49 223 2730 (Germany)
+353 605 5500 (Ireland)
+39 641 561 (Italy)
+31 203 549 333 (Netherlands)
+48 225 411 000 (Poland And Baltic Countries)
+351 218 361 000 (Portugal)
+41 447 770 200 (Switzerland)
+852 29 273 538 (Hong Kong)
+966 114 790 550 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 64 713 313 (Singapore)
+27 116 077 300 (South Africa)
+82 23 707 500 (South Korea)
+84 904 695 069 (Vietnam)
+54 147 782 000 (Argentina)
13-15 quai Le Gallo
Boulogne-Billancourt
France - 92513

Complaints & Reviews

car duster h2

I am unhappy with Renault! It is the first time owning a Renault and it has been with me for 3 months and I am regretting the buy..

I bought my duster H2 on Nov.2019 and then after one month I discovered that I have been deceived by Renault Egypt as I received a brand new car with missing accessories, a car has cost me a fortune to get and you take no responsibility on your customer satisfaction.

After a month of the purchase I figured out that my car is not the last edition of 2019 and it's missing a front armrest and a storage unit and the passenger seat, I referred back to the call centre and They told me that I had to visit the nearset showroom so I did but with no benefits .. I submitted a complain through their call centre and the responsible salesman. It's have been 40 days with no logical reply or care.

My whole experience with
Renault was disappointing and shocking

[Resolved] poor maintenance service at renault egypt agent

Dear renault france This is an official complaint in renault egypt, Since I purchased the car in january...

Renault

[Resolved] lack of customer care and feedback on reported issues

E-mail sent 09th January 2019.

Dear Renault Customer Care

RE: Vehicle Registration No: CPX 367 NC
VIN NO:VF1HSRC9555905572

I hereby wish to convey my utter disappointment in my current Renault Duster - to date 18 months old with 17 800 km on the clock .

I previously owned 2 x Sandero Stepways (newly purchased from your Kimberley branch) and would consider myself an ambassador of your brand, but only until I took ownership of this particular (new) Renault Duster from your Knysna Branch in June / July 2017.
The vehicle / model came highly recommended since I live in a remote area in the Northern Cape (Tswalu Kalahari Reserve, located 480 km from the nearest Renault dealership in Kimberley) for which a slightly more all-terrain vehicle is required to handle the odd distances of gravel roads I need to travel. However since purchasing the vehicle I have experienced an incredibly frustrating 18 months, incurring considerable costs, stress and inconvenience due to continued technical/mechanical faults and breakdowns which to date have not yet been resolved.

I attach previous e-mails for reference purposes. I would hereby urge you to please investigate these matters - not only regarding the defective vehicle which I believe I was sold but also around the registration surprises I experienced.

If not for my benefit - I think it may be in your best interest to be aware of the way your dealers / dealerships are treating your "valued customers". With this being said, I can only commend the 2 members of the team at the Kimberley branch - Madelein Lubbe and Johan Swanepoel - who have been unsurpassed in their support, going out of their way to assist me through all the issues and frustrations experienced. They have tried their best - but after the 10th visit to the workshop we can all agree that the vehicle I received is not up to standard or what one expects when purchasing a new vehicle. And the lack of interest and concern by Renault SA is alarming, to say the least.

To summarise:
From the day of purchase (as mentioned in the mails) the idling of the vehicle was irregular and fuel consumption disturbingly high with loss of power whilst driving. I did not expect to have to gear down to 4th and switch off the aircon to pass a vehicle at 120 km per hour - not with this model. In September 2017 (2 months after purchase) the throttle control body was replaced and reprogrammed. Since then the car has been back to the service agent on numerous occasions as the problem persisted. Again I urge you to call up the records on exactly how many times I had to visit Johan for this reoccurring issue. May I again remind you that I live 5 hours away from Kimberley and have limited time to travel the distance for these extended periods of time to fix a brand-new vehicle.

On the service agent's recommendation, I altered my festive season plans so the car could be checked in for another thorough inspection to see if the problem could be resolved. The vehicle was checked in for 2 days on 27th and 28th Dec 2018. It was indicated that the injectors may be dirty and not functioning correctly. During the course of the service the question was raised if the injectors cannot be replaced immediately. The answer of the service agent was that they first need to follow procedure by cleaning the injectors. If the problem persisted, then only would the injectors be replaced. The cleaning was done and we were positive that the issues experienced had been resolved, only to find that after a 80km drive engine lights began flashing, and with no means of getting the vehicle back to Kimberley it had to be towed in on Saturday the 29th Dec 2018.

The vehicle spent the following week at the Renault Service Centre in Kimberley and after many discussions they finally agreed to replace two of the injectors, not due to any significant dirt or fault on my part, but because the injectors were faulty from the start, thus under guarantee. Once again alternative arrangements regarding work, leave and accommodation had to be made because I did not feel comfortable driving the distance with an unreliable vehicle - once again incurring costs and inconvenience on my behalf.

The excitement to receive my newly repaired vehicle on 04 January 2019 was short lived as the error codes again presented themselves on a 40 km drive out of Kimberley. The service agent arranged for my vehicle to be collected and swopped for a Nissan Micra as a courtesy car, which is greatly appreciated - but in all honestly not suitable for the terrain where I reside. Thus the courtesy vehicle is not in use and I had to inconvenience family members to borrow a suitable vehicle for my return to work which could not be delayed- once again incurring costs and inconvenience on my behalf.

As I am sending this mail, my vehicle is still in the Kimberley workshop - with no idea of what is wrong or when I will have my vehicle returned to me. Although the car is under warranty the problem is not being resolved. This situation is undeniably unacceptable. Quite frankly the vehicle is a "DUD" for the lack of a better word. Being in the service industry myself, I would have expected Renault head office to contact me when they noticed the frequency of the visits for this particular vehicle to offer some sort of solution for my dilemma. If this was any other new product purchased, on grounds of the consumer act, a replacement product or refund would be in discussion by now.

In conclusion, this is my 5th new vehicle, my 3rd Renault and I have never experienced issues with any of my other vehicles like I have with this particular Duster. I live a fair distance away from the nearest towns or dealerships, I almost always travel alone as a single female, and therefore invest in new vehicles which I trust will be reliable, safe and trustworthy.

I would like to afford you the opportunity to revert and look forward to resolve on this matter. However, I will gladly seek legal advice going forward should this be required. I hope you can understand my disappointment and frustration in this regard and look forward to your feedback soonest.

Should you wish to discuss telephonically, you are welcome to contact me on [protected] during office hours or on [protected] after hours, but would prefer a written reply.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Jeanine Engelbrecht
[protected]@hotmail.com

• Renault's response · Jan 27, 2019

Dear Customer (Jeanine Engelbrecht),

We’ll surely forward this to the concerned country head. They will get in touch with you to assist you further in this regard.

• Renault's response · May 08, 2019

Dear Customer (Darwinmon),

• Da
    Darwinmon May 07, 2019

I agree and have same issues with renault south Africa. No one cares

renault kwid 1.0 expression

Bought a Renault Kwid brand new in 2018. First workshop visit 7938 kms for radio not working and rattles. That were fixed and radio replaced. Some rattles still there. No the Kwid has been in the worshop 5 times to have the same issue sorted. It started with a warning light on the dashboard indicating the Accelarator Module is faulty. That part has been replaced 3 times already and the fourth time the replaced the Brake light switch. Lucky number 5, the car is at the moment at Renault Princess Crossing to have it replaced again. I logged a complaint with Renault SA but no reply. I am furious, will drive that car through their showroom floor Gave Wesbank already instruction to cancell the deal.

bad service after sale

Honorable Président / Président de Renault - France Salutations, J'ai l'honneur de vous présenter ma plainte...

renault kwid 2018

I have bought a Renault kwid in March 2018, was told to bring in the car for service when it reached 15...

service

Hi, I bought a Renault Clio car in the UK that was previously registered in Australia in August 2018. I...

disastrous service

I drive a Renault Clio 2 (2005) with mileage below 60, 000 Km. Absolute mint condition. Serviced each year by...

renault logan 2018

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to you to raise an issue about: Cars

The issue that I have experienced was: i bought renault logan 2018 on March 31, 2018 and once i drove it, it began to toss (sling) to the right direction, I went to the 1000 km maintenance and report this issue and NOTHING MAINTAINED, taking into consideration that this issue caused a damage in the front right side of the car while taking U-turn. Now i went 2 times to the maintenance centers and report the issue which it seemed to be in the body of the car(Chassis) and they didn't confess it and they argued a lot with me and telling me that was due to unbalanced roads and other non logic reasons.
i complained to the workshop manager(he tried to drive the car and noticed the issue) and the maintenance manager and they didn't confess it either. please take an action as i begin to lose confidence for the brand and i wouldn't recommend it for others.

It occurred on: 1/04/2018

it seems that the issue is in the body of the car (Chassis) because the maintenance center have done all what can be done concerning adjusting the angles of the car. Not enough info is provided in the center. and if it is the case, the car has to be replaced with another one

I look forward to your prompt response on this matter. As recommended by Trading Standards, I would like to keep a complete record of my case, so please reply back via this email account (hussein.[protected]@gmail.com) and please consider the issue is urgent.

Yours faithfully,

Mona Hussein

The dealership Abou Rawash & Obour maintenance centers

[Resolved] parts service

Ordered with renault centurion a cover for a mirror. Deposited R1000 rands as requested by Mr moyo who was assisting. He confirmed that they did receive the money they will order the part so that the mirror will be fixed. On the same day I. Ll b bringing my car for service. Only to find out that the cover won't be helpful the damage is too much. They say I need the whole mirror which cost R8000 . I said to them then can I get my refund. The answer was what must they do with the cover. I should take it cos theres no refunds. I was told by a manager. Then he said I should call him after 2 days cos the guy who was helping me his not working on that particular day. They speak to him they will see what they will do cos there's too much paper work to be done
And is a process. After two days I call them managed to get hold of the guy who was helping me with ordering. He emailed me some forms wanted my bank details and my I'd copy . I did email to them. The following day I call to check if they did receive my documents. The answer was yes they are processing. Is been a month now I. M still struggling to get my 1 grand. I loved renault cars but afterthe service I received recently I have second thoughts. I.M the one one who is phoning them using my airtime .emailing asking how far are they with the process. But they say the dealer principal himself he said I must come and collect the cover . My only worry is what must I do with it. I went to them for help not this now I
M stressing seeking for help from another dealer. Please intervene.
Yours w.msiza
fy25vf gp

• Renault's response · Dec 09, 2018

Dear Nokwazi Kadjar,

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] no response about gasoline consumption for pick up oroch

I bought a Renault Oroch, 2019 in August 2018, I decided to buy it because a performance in gasoline consumption showed in sales information catalogue here in Mexico. The performance showed is 19.1 km/liter in highway but reallly it has only 11.8 km/liter, I did differents try out with 3 kind of gasoline, 5 different gas station and in 2 kind of highway and results were almost the same.
I was calling to Renault Mexico several times, I sent many e mail and a did not have any answer from customer service.
Last week I went to PROFECO, is a Goverment dependence that helps customer with supplier. Just to help me with this complaint because, the car is not having performance required .
Please

My name is Luis David Pedraza Torres, from San Luis Potosi Mexico.

• Renault's response · Dec 09, 2018

Dear Customer (David1973),

sales service

I am so tired of trying to get anything out of Renault SA. They allow their dealers to do as they please with...

[Resolved] bad service faulty engine

My renault was in for the 30000 km service on the 11-10-2018 and i had to return it to the dealer where it...

inability to repair vehicle correctly.

I bought a Renault Megan break 2007. 24-ds-13 on the 4 of October this year at Renault Ansiao Silva e santos Portugal for €5, 995.
The car went to Renault pombal for a week's revision. It returned with no air con and broken vents. We drove the car for 3 days when the entire engine failed. 5 weeks it spent in the garage and the engine sent to france and returned with a faulty clutch and the bonnet hanging off. Took it back in for repair and now has the same issues with the clutch and no air con for the 3rd time. This will be the 4th time the car has had to go into this garage. My partner lost his job due to having to constantly have the car in the garage, the Sat nav was stolen from my glove box during the last repair of which no-one will admit fault. Due to Renaults failure to fix my car my partner and I have lost thousands of euros not to mention emotional stress of which I had to be hospitalized.
I have no confidence in this garage they have not completed the correct training as the receptionist revealed to us. The owners have been rude, unhelpful and now we are expected to pay €2000 to pombal rent a car that Renault paid for and rented on our behalf. We had an accident which was not our fault and have a police report to support that. I am extremely angry and unsatisfied with Renault and should nothing be done our next step is to take Renault to court. I hope you can help avoid this happening and would appreciate a prompt response.
Hollie Topping

inability to repair vehicle correctly.

Renault

[Resolved] renault south africa

Good day. I am driving a 2017 4x4 kadjar. I've been waiting for a long time now for parts on my suspension...

Johannesburg Cars, Parts & Vehicles

[Resolved] renault parts

I was in an accident on 23 September in Welkom when someone drove into my Kadjar (4 months od).

My car has been standing at OFS Smart Repair since 25 September 2018

They are unable to complete the repair on my vehicle as they are waiting for a part from France.

This part should have been in South Africa on the 29th October, but I was advised on 29 October that the part will only now arrive on 21 November, nearly a month later
Today is 26 November and still no part has arrived for my vehicle. I could only lease a vehicle for a month which would not have been a problem, but now I have to return my vehicle on Thursday and will be without a vehicle until goodness knows how long.

I have been driving a Renault for 20 years and this is the worst service ever.
How in these modern times can it take 2 months to bring in a part from France.
I am going on leave in a months time and the current trend of me receiving my vehicle in time to go on leave is going to leave me with a serious problem.

I would like to know what Renault is going to do to ensure that I have a repaired vehicle in time. As it is I am stuck without a vehicle at the end of the week and I need to now arrange lifts in order to get to my work.

This is totally unacceptable

• Renault's response · Nov 26, 2018

Dear Customer (SelmaNell),

We'll surely forward this to the concerned country head. They will get in touch with you to assist you further in this regard.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] renault duster south africa

I complained about the brand Renault and nothing was resolved. This is pathetic service from Renault South...

[Resolved] service at renault centurion

Good day I just want to use the opportunity to explain my experience with Renault. First of all, me and my...

[Resolved] renault pinetown

Good day,

Almost a month ago I sent an email to Renault Pinetown outlining the issues and concerns that I have had and have had no response...I have been very ill so have not had a chance to go in myself to address this. Below please find the email:

-----Original Message-----
From: Marijke de Bruin [mailto:[protected]@gmail.com]
Sent: 24 October 2018 09:11 AM
To: [protected]@multifranchise.co.za
Subject: Renault Stepway- Marijke de Bruin

Good morning Merchia,

Thank you for all your correspondence and trying to help me with all issues regarding this vehicle. I do however feel that Renault is refusing to change the battery is unacceptable. And their reasoning isn't legitimate as when my car was stolen within minutes of the car stopping (traced by my tracker and iPhone) it was found by the SAPS. The Constables inspected the car and they said there was no sign of any tampering with the car, the guy simply drove it parked it and left, probably to see if it had a tracking device which was active. He wasn't running around with an original spare battery to plan to steal my car just to take the battery...that is just ridiculous. It was an opportunistic event and no damage was done to the car. Also the battery that is in the car is an original Renault battery and not a random battery. The only other people who had my car was the company Indigo sent my car out to have the rear silencer replaced and the guys who did my smash and grab and Renault Pinetown. So either the exchange of battery happened there OR the battery wasn't changed originally as stated. Those papers (pre-sale service) are just written word but the results on the car overall show otherwise. Renault has been unreliable and the service unacceptable.

I insist on the battery being changed because I believe that the COR and the 101 check was not done properly, which I had mentioned several times both to Jayen (my sales person) and David (used cars manager). I also have still not received copies of the COR and 101 check papers from Jayne which I once again requested several times and from early days of having the car. Even after David directly requested Jayen to send the documentation he still didn't. This is unacceptable. The reason I know that all these checks weren't don't properly is because of all the faults that have come up with the car from the start. Firstly I know for a fact that without an emergency triangle a COR can't be passed. Jayen didn't even know where I would find it in the car. There were also several items which were meant to be seen to before I received the car like the fastening of the loose front drivers seat which Jayen on the day of collection lied about saying it was seen to and should be better...there was no difference. The car's ceiling was filthy and had clearly not been seen to (and still does not look great), there were chips of paint on the car that needed to be seen to which he then rushed back and forth to quickly have seen to...and still there are chips that I haven't had time to bring the car back again. I am actually really upset in the condition of the car and the price was then asked for it. Physically the car was not well looked after but these things I hadn't really known or noticed when I first test drove the car, these are things the sales person should pay attention to and be honest about. I am actually disgusted in his service. He should have made the effort to inspect the car himself before allowing his client to take the car but I guess he feels that once papers are signed he's ‘off the hook'. I have wasted so much time waiting at Renault Pinetown to have things seen to which should have been done before I received my car and I am rightful very angry. If the car wasn't ready then I should have been informed and the company had the car for more than enough time in order to have everything seen to. I am patient but this is just disgusting service.

When I had booked to bring the car in to have the rear silencer replaced I was left waiting and then had to take my car to Indigo myself and sit and wait there...unacceptable. I was meant to be dropped off and collected later but once again this was not arranged properly by Jayen. I in fact took the car to Super Quick in Kloof the week before because even though I had brought the car back to Renault and said the fuel consumption is way too high and that I wasn't sure that the car is meant to make such a low rumbling sound when driving...they weren't sure! So it just shows again that the car has not been inspected properly. The car also had its 60 000km service done so surely a good inspection of the car should have been done and a test drive to ensure that everything is up to par?! I had to go to someone else to confirm for me that the car is not in the condition it should be and that the rear silencer needed to be replaced.

Everything was rushed which was very disappointing because this is a vehicle I am investing in for the safety of my family. All that needed to happen was for Renault to actually live up to its reputation of being ‘reliable' and committed to their clients. Just because I bought a second hand car does not make me a less important client. Please also note that I work for myself and that with all these extra hours of running around, emailing and waiting I constantly loose business and income, do you really think that is fair?

It has not only been the items mentioned above that have caused me to be upset but also the brakes. On inspection of the car when I brought it back because the brakes were squeaking I was told there is still 70/65% on the brakes then not even a month later when I brought it back again I was informed that there is only 35% left and I need to have them replace?! How is that even possible? Then I brought it back again because the fuel consumption was still a problem and I was then informed there is still more than enough left of the brakes...up to 60% so there are clearly people in your workshop who don't know what they are doing. So if you are expecting me to trust you as a company clearly you can see there is nothing left. I am not happy with your service and with the car I had trusted would be of Renault standard.

Hence why I am coming to you to say that the battery needs to be replaced by you. As there is clear evidence of bad workmanship and reliability in your dealership. I had fully entrusted my needs with your staff and have been let down and over looked and ignored and I will not put up with this. I want a reliable car for my family that is worth the money I am spending...why is it that you cannot deliver?

I would like to come in and talk to whomever I need to in order to find a solution. I refused to continue like this. I await an urgent response.

Regards,

[protected]

AND

Hello again Merchia,

I realized this afternoon that there were some other issues which I had not mentioned in my previous email. On collection of the car there was no service manual or car manual or radio manual in the car and only after requesting those several times did I only get a car manual from Jayen. I am still to see proof of service history and receive a radio manual. If I had had a radio manual it would have saved me one trip to Renault and all the questions and queries regarding what was going on with the radio. I would still like to see proof of service and what was done in each service and would appreciate a manual for the radio to ensure I have what I need. These are simple things which the car should have had before being handed over to me, so once again unacceptable service.

Regards,

Marijke de Bruin

As you have read above I have had a horrible and very disappointing experience with the car...I am really disappointed in the condition of the car and I fact feel very hard done by. I no longer wish to have this car and would rather have invested in something slightly newer had I known this was going to happen. I am presently sitting at 10l per 100km which is ridiculous. I happened to meet two ladies who have the same car as I do and their fuel consumption is about 5.6 and 5.6 and I do more longer distance than they do. I've also noticed that areas in the car which I had pointed out with little dents are now cracking in the paint and some starting to rust! This needs urgent attention. I am livid about how bad the service is and have even considered as an absolute last resort was to stop paying installments and have the car taken back as I cannot keep living like this. I deserve better! But of coarse I'm just not that way inclined so I am trying every other possible avenue.

Please response promptly as I need this all to be sorted out immediately. I cannot keep wasting time and money like this. I would appreciate your assistance.

Kind regards,

Renault Head Office
Johannesburg
19 November 2018
Complaint;
Renault Kwid : HDJ185FS : Vin no. MEEBBA00000565454: Engine no. B4DA404E107972 : Outomatic.
This letter is an official complaint to the above vehicle that was bought, brand new from your Vanderbijlpark branch at the end of March 2018. The kilometre reading as I am writing this letter is 9556.
During the period May 2018 to 13 November 2018 this vehicle broke down 3 times with the same problem.
A short history that we have experienced with the new Kwid in a short space of 5 months.
As I am currently in Australia on vacation I don't have dates with me but the information can be confirmed with Vanderbijlpark and the latest breakdown with Bryanston branch, which had to fix it for the 3rd time.
We used to live in Parys Freestate and had a small business in Town, and stayed around 3 km from work and used the Kwid to get to work and back. I do have a second car ( Amarok).
1. The first incident we had with the car was that the automatic gearbox refused to go into gear and ‘'Jonny's towing'' came and fetched the car. While they were busy putting the car on the tow truck, the driver noticed that there was fluid leaking underneath the car. It was later said that the water pump broke and was replaced, but the main problem was the gearbox. Apparently the computer system had to be re-programed.
2. The second time I was busy working at my residents and I was working in the garage. I moved the Kwid and parked it outside while busy in the garage. After about 3 hours I wanted to go to the shop and found the same problem that the Kwid's automatic gear system again failed to engage into gear. Again we sat with a problem and could not use the vehicle. After numerous phone calls the workshop manager came to our house and had to re-program the complete system of the Kwid again. We were told at this time that the car must be used more frequently.
3. We left for Australia on 7 October 2018 and because we were told to use the car ‘'more'' I left the car with my daughter that rep's for a living. On 9 November 2018 she send me a message to say that the Kwid ‘'AGAIN'' refused to engage into gear.Again after numerous phone calls your Bryanston branch collected the car from Santon City where my daughter got stuck with the same problem.
On 14 November 2018 she went and collected the Kwid and was told that the computer programing had to be re-installed again.
We bought this car with a 5 year warrantee, and the feeling that I get from the first incident is that we are being made out to be the guilty party in this matter. I was stuck without transport and I asked for a lone car but was told ‘'no''. The second time was the same scenario and again the questions were asked in a funny manner.
With us being in Australia I had to phone strange people to assist my daughter from Santon back to Alberton as no courtesy was shown to take her to where she needed to be.
My Questions is the following:
1. How many times is this still going to happen that the computer system will shut down and must be re-programed, as I can see that this problem is not going to improve?
2. The manner we were treated was just that of, ‘'I got your money and we don't care about your problems''. Is this the general after sales service as I am concerned that other clients are going to experience the same?
3. I work long distance and must leave my wife at home, with a ‘'Brand new'' car that will continuously breakdown and never have peace of mind.
Something needs to be done to this matter as I will take this further if I don't get any answers. At this moment I am really not happy to keep this car and would suggest that you look into this to swop the car with a manual.
Please let me know of your importance in this matter.

Renier De Beer
[protected] (In Australia until 14 December 2018)

• Renault's response · Nov 20, 2018

Dear Renier De Beer,

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices