Regus Serviced Office And Spaceunethical and dishonest behaviour

A

I can only tell you my experience with Regus, unbelievably BAD. It is 2 months since my contract ended (I rented a desk and chair in a room of about 5 m x 5m with three other people), now they are trying to charge me $178 for cleaning and are going to take it from my bond money which was $700.00. I still have not received one cent of my bond money and each time I email I am either ignored or fobbed off and constantly told another three weeks.
Prior to this they tried to charge me their continuity fee of some $900 when I questioned it (as Regus never performed any service for me such as answering phones etc) they said bluntly 'didnt you read your terms and conditions' . When I did read the small print it was obvious the continuity fee did NOT apply to my situation. After much angst and many hours of writing emails they took the fee off and now I am disputing the restoration fee. I spoke with the Sydney office and they said that the restoration fee is not correct either as that was for clients who rented the whole office not a desk!!! Every employee of Regus that I have had to deal with has different responses, different charges! I am treated with contempt and have to fight to get a reply on anything. I am living in France and so it makes speaking to anyone even more difficult. Whenever I want to speak to someone they are 'out of the office'. The restoration fee dispute is not the reason I have not been refunded my bond money as they have shown me the figure of what they will refund me and in their eyes the restoration fee was never up for discussion, there have been many other mistakes made by the accounts dept in relation to telephone charges etc for calls that were never made as Inever had a phone etc but these are minor annoyances. The issue here is far greater and I believe that anyone contemplating using Regus office space should stay well away. From my experience Regus do NOT care about small business and they are dishonest and unethical in the way they themselves do business

RESOLVED

• Regus's response · Jun 06, 2011

Hi Amelia,
    I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. I would like to help you bring this to resolution. Please can you submit your details via our help page here: http://www.regus.com.au/en-au/Enquiries/Customer-Service-Enquiry/ and also state the code SMC00206.
    As I can see the one of the challenges for you has been contacting us in Australia, while you are based in France, I'll liaise with both our local teams in order that communication is easier.
    Best wishes,
    Chris Woods
    Regus

• Al
    alex3500 Nov 26, 2011

The worst service i have ever had, sales people lie over the phone

I firstly want to say that i am not the kind of person that writes reviews, i am a busy web designer and trainer and i have no time but i think it is amazing that a company can get away with sales people that lie to make sales, a customer service department that is the most unhelpful i have ever seen.

I teach graphic and web design, and i teach loads in London, i was using the royal festival hall but the Internet is not the best so i thought i would try and get a day office with regus. i saw someone at Trafalgar Square,

she meet me in a nice board room, showed me a 5 man office, and then told me that i could use the room how ever i wanted, including teaching 2 or 3 in there at a time. This was a compete lie as you can only have 1 guest at a time.

I left it for a wile, and then thought i could try it for a couple of months.

I spoke to someone on the phone who told me that i could have it for 3 months, so i could try it. this was another lie as i only found out after that the min term is 6 months with a 3 month notice. also i was never told that they take 2 months upfront.

I used it for about 1 month, it was terrible, most of the rooms were 1 man, its was always too cold in the rooms, they were mainly in the worst places. the place were so busy all the time with people walking past the rooms so u could not have the room open, no windows

when i tried to call customer service, i never got through, wasted hours on the phone to them. i finally got through on email to right department, told them what had happen, they still made me pay for 5 months alto i only used it for 1 month !!!.

it is the worst service i have ever had, to be lied to more than once, they stopped replying to my emails when i told them about there lying sales team. even tho i told them that had i have been told about the 6 months contract with a 3 month notice i would have never signed up.

I am going to take them to the small clams court after i make it my life's work to make sure that all there portal customers know how bad they are.

I would highly recommend avoiding them like the plague,

Alex from london

• Am
    amelia brown Jun 06, 2011

Dear Chris
    I am oustounded to hear from you. Only last Friday Angeline Cheong from the Sydney office PROMISED to email back to confirm she received my emails outlining my problems...and guess what...I have received no confirmation email. It is like every staff member of Regus ignores any concern a client has, it is rude, unprofessional and dishonest. I have no interest in anyone saying they are going to help me when clearly they had absolutely no intention. It would appear that Regus are determined to keep my bond money (which is ILLEGAL and I will be calling my family's lawyer tonight French time). My problem is NOT because I am in France, France has nothing to do with the fact they will not refund my bond and are charging $178 to clean a desk!!!
    I have had problems with communication with Regus when I was in Australia. Your head of Sales Mr Craige Marquart has ignored my concerns now since early April when I sent him an email outlining my problems, he failed to even respond even though I was told by the Sales Manager in Adelaide that he was the person to contact and he knew about my situation.
    I had to laugh when I saw your response to another disgruntled client ...'you reach out to clients to help them'...REALLY, how is then that I can get no email response even though I am promised one, cannot get anyone on the phone because they are constantly 'OUT OF THE OFFICE', I am more than sure if I owed Regus money I would have no problem getting hold of someone at Regus.
    By the way when I asked the Sydney office to speak to Cutomer Service they said there was no customer service. So what is it Chris that you intend to do exactly, I would be very interested to hear. I have noticed you have not tried to reach me personally to get more details from me or help me, so I can only summise that this is Regus's PR machine in action (damage control) I think they call it. I have no interest in spending another 3 hours copying, pasting, writing, forwarding all my emails and responses to the address you have given me. If you would like to help me then get Angeline Cheong to do what she promised me she would do and confirm she has received my emails and that Craig Marquart has also and that there has been something put into action to help me. It would have taken her 3 secs to send that email. She has even ignored another email I sent later stating how upset I was that she did not do what she said she would. It would appear all Regus staff have no concern for any of their clients.