Complaints & Reviews

Regis Hair Salon — rude behavior and bad haircut

I took my one year old and six year old for a haircut and as tiffany johnson was clipping my onew year old...

Regis Hair Salon Vista Ridge Mall Lewisville, TX — haircut and color

I went in on march 5th to get my hair cut and highlights. I had a picture of my hair done as I like it and...

Regis Hair Salonnightmare

When I 1st walked in dept mall regis 2 stylist working, 1 was manager, the other did my hair. The manager finished a client and after she walked out the girl doing my hair said "good job", and the manager said "yeah right that looked like *", and laughed!! I shouldve left right there! I wanted partial blonde highlights just like the owners. She said she did the owners and she could do the same on mine. Ive been getting my hair highlighted for 14years and this woman did such a terrible job!! I wanted bleach blonde and she made them dark orange!! Saying next time I came in she could get them as light as I asked for! Ive never had to go a second time!!! The highlights arent spaced either, she took a layer of hair, bleached it without weaving through so the dark hair alternated. Point is 130 dollars later I walked out with dark orange messed up hair! I would never go here again or reccomendthis place to anyone. Very unprofessional and they dont know and dont care who's head they screw up. Im a single mom and going 4 times a year to get my hair done is a luxury, regis was a nightmare!

Regis — unfairly treated by supervisor and manager

I have been unfairly treated by supervisors and managers for several years. Everytime a new supervisor or...

Regis Salon — hair-terrible cut and col

After my stylist of 3 years at regis salon moved to ca. I attempted to find another. My husband had already...

Regis Hair Salonpoor customer service

I have taken my daughter (13) to regis hair salon (located within the lehigh valley mall in whitehall, pa) on many occasions to have her hair washed, conditioned, flat ironed, and sometimes trimmed. I have always been pleased with the service that we have received. This is why I felt it necessary to write about the horrible service that we received last weekend 12/19/09 by a stylist named "maya". This lady was very rude and confrontational when I asked her not to hold the flat iron for so long on the ends of my daughters hair. When I asked her about why my daughter had so much dandruff after maya washed and dried it, she said that it wasn't dandruff, it was dry scalp and that I "obviously" use the wrong conditioner. She said that she wasn't holding the iron too long on my daughters hair and argued with me about whether or not she has had a relaxer on her hair. Saying that she has had one when I know and told her that she didn't. I was upset at the poor customer service and concerned that she was burning my daughter's hair not to mention that the flat iron was 'smoking' hot. I finally told her that I was not interested in her finishing my daughter's hair, that I wanted to leave and was willing to pay even though the job wasn't finished. She then proceeded to charge me for an "up do" fee of $65.00. Claiming that my daughter's hair was long and that she spent an hour and a half working on it. I disputed the charge, never having to pay as much for a wash/condition/flat iron treatment.

After repeatedly asking her to call her manager (glen) who had left for the day, she finally called him and gave him her side of what happened. Rolling her eyes during this time in front of other customers who had gathered. After explainig to the manager on the phone my displeasure with the poor service received and then being over charged, he did not apologize. He told maya to charge me $35.00, which I payed. Upon leaving the store, maya told me in front of other customers to "choose another stylist".

Needless to say, both myself and my daughter were uncomfortable and very upset at the extremely rude employee as well as the poor handling of this situation by her manager, not apologizing to me the customer for the poor customer service and care received.

I have used this salon many times in the past but will never use it again and will be sure to tell all of my friends and family about how awful maya was in treating me, and how unconcerned the manager was that day.

• Tr
        Treah Feb 20, 2011

I would have felt uncomfortable as well. I don't know why those other customers did not walk out. It's ashame that the manager did not take the appropriate actions. TBH, sometimes they are the greedy one who is looking to find ways to charge more and will actually encourage their staff to be a [censor] about prices. Check out my story http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/chan039s-salon-c422681.html

Regis Hair Salondamaged my hair

I recently received service at the regis in cherryvale mall. Having family in the hairstyling business, and a mother who once managed a regis salon, I felt comfortable trying a new location. I knew exactly what to tell the stylist, so she would know what I wanted, and I would know exactly what to expect. Requesting highlights and lowlights, I made sure to tell her that I did not want bleach used, since my hair was already dry. She suggested a toner, so I asked not to have any ash-toned blonde knowing that ash deposits badly on my hair, and ends up turning the blonde pieces gray. During the service I realized that the stylist was moving quicker than usual, but resisted mentioning it as I figured she was just good at her job. It was close to closing time so I now realize that she was just in a rush to leave on a friday night.

After the process was done and she started to blow out my hair, she seemed to be inspecting it with a concerned face. She finished, ran some shining solution through, and asked me to meet her at the counter to pay. I quickly looked at my hair in the mirror and went for the desk. I paid and left. When I got home I washed and re-styled my hair because she put a bit too much shining solution in (not a big deal) plus, I usually like to style it myself. This is when I really wished that I had looked over my hair better in the salon, but the lights were dim and she seemed in a hurry. As I was blow drying, I inspected my ends. They were greenish-gray and the hair was broken off (breakage occurs due to over-processing), and she had used bleach mixed with an ash toner. I had asked her not to use both. On top of all that, the lowlights were spotty. This occurs when foils bleed onto each other or when not enough product is used. The lowlights were also dramatically darker in front than in the back. So to sum this up, my highlights are broken and greenish-gray at the ends, my lowlights are spotty, and the overall color of the lowlights is inconsistent. I honestly don't think it could have been any worse.

Finally, I went back to the salon and showed the girl who had done my hair, what I was unhappy with. She did not seem surprised that I was back. (i'm positive she knew that she had messed up). She suggested that we re-foil the whole thing. I declined in fear of further damaging my hair. What was more disappointing is that she said nothing about doing the re-foil for free. Free service is standard when mistakes are made and you are unhappy with the results. I ended up having to go somewhere else. I've since had a malibu treatment to correct the greenish-gray, but have to wait to color again since my hair is stressed from over-processing.

After 120 dollars for one really bad hair experience, it is safe to say that I will not be returning to this business.

Regis Salon — unprofessional people

The regis hair salon at the huntington mall has the most lazy, unfriendly stylists I have ever seen in a...

Regis Salons — ladies beware

On friday, april 7th, I went to regis hair salon in monroe, nc to get a relaxer put in my hair. I asked the...

Regis Hairbad service

I would have to say my experience at regis overall was good. However the management at southridge mall in greendale wi was horrible! Whats worse than getting your hair fryed? A sucky manager who cant seem to get past her own personal insecurities and takes it out on her staff. Im sure this was also fueled by the nasty, cold, bitter district manager chris. A person who would promote you just to demote you just before a hard earned bonus check.

I love what I do for a living but you couldnt pay me enouf to deal with these two miserable people...

Regis Salon — labor board

Im curently an employee of regis salon in the greenwood mall in bowling green kentucky. Every person that...

Regis Salonsracists

I recently visited the regis salon at the north park center mall in dallas, tx & was refused service because I am black. The manager offered a number of incredible excuses (such as 'the stylists are about to leave","the stylists are all booked"; all of which were obviously bogus) as to why I could not be serviced. I discourage anyone from patronizing a business that operates in this manner. If anyone else has had a similar experience, please email me as I would not be surprised if this is not a systemic problem at the regis salons.

Regis Salonsrefused to service me because i'm black.

I recently visited the Regis Salon at the North Park Center mall in Dallas, TX & was refused service because I am Black. The manager offered a number of incredible excuses (such as 'the stylists are about to leave","the stylists are all booked"; all of which were obviously bogus) as to why I could not be serviced. I discourage anyone from patronizing a business that operates in this manner. If anyone else has had a similar experience, please email me as I would not be suprised if this is not a systemic problem at the Regis Salons.

Regis — danger

Regis is a big money maker thats all they care about. Do you know they keep the staff of people that make...

Regis Salon — bad haircut

I went in to the salon needing a haircut. I had my picture (same one I take every time) because one of the...

Regis Salon — highlights gone bad

I recently walked into my local walmat and decided to get some blonde hightlights added to my already light...

Regis Salonridiculous

Regis salon in the st. Claire square mall is horrible! They are constantly chatting amongst themselves, not paying attention to what you want to do with your hair. There is one stylist there with really short hair whose name begins with an l (laurie, lindsey, something like that) who straight out does not know what she is doing. She would not listen to how I wanted my hair cut, screwed up my color, and was generally completely rude! (her breath smelled too, but that wasn't a deal breaker for me) I do not even know how she still has a job there. After messing my hair up, her manager sherri (I believe that was her name) defended her, telling me the stylist was 'stressed out'. Ridiculous!

• Mi
                  MISSFOON Dec 15, 2008

A couple of years ago, my husband bought me a gift certificate for RGIS hair salong for mother's day. Well, I went there and got a hair cut for $42. It was an average cut which I could have gotten at Great Clips for $12. Anyways, a in december, I had a ball to go to, so I wanted my hair cut. Again, I paid $42, and the lady didn't even listen to what I wanted. She did her own thing. She used a razor and hacked at my hair. I was suprised I had any hair left. Anyways, when I went to the ball, people were staring at my hair. One side looked like my 5 year old son cut it and the other side was longer. I never went back there again. Now, I just go to Great Clips because it doesn't pay to pay more for a hair cut.

Sadie Tull Oct 01, 2009

I agree totally. My hair that I have been growing out for over a year now is completely ruined because someone let a girl only two months out of cosmo school color my hair. The whole time I was asking questions about why they were doing certain processes and everyone acting like I was just being a pest. The girl ended up doing a whole highlight that was not needed. My hair is practically clear now. I went back twice to get this fixed each time I leave there looking worse. Tomorrow I am asking for my money back. It isn't even about the money really. I would gladly give them three times the amount that I paid if they would have told me as soon as I walked in the door that they were completely incompetent and that they would do nothing but destroy the health of my hair. My hair that was before very healthy for blonde hair now feels like wet spaghetti. There are pieces that are breaking off around my ears almost down to the scalp. I will never say anything but horrible things about this salon. I guess I should have known better than to go to Regis. But really I didn't know that they take practically students and let them run loose with no supervision. I have no doubt that I could have done less damage by coloring my hair myself with a kit from Wal-mart.

Regis Salons — don't go there

The Regis Hair Salon in Tulsa Ok. located inside the promenade mall, has some very unprofessional stylist...

Regis Salonchoppy haircut - horrible!!!

I had my hair done in aug 18, 2008 at regis 4750 north division
                Spokane, wa 99207. I brought a photo of the haircut I always get. I told the stylist to trim only 1 inch. I ended up with very choppy, not blended hair that was cut off over 2 inches! It looked like when a young child attempts to cut their own hair. I returned the next day requesting another stylist to fix it and she ended up trimming my hair even more to try to remove the "shelves" and trimmed my bangs - which I had never had before - uneven where one side was 3/4 an inch longer! I returned the next day, receiving a full refund and proceeded to fantastic sam's where they did fix it the best they could with what they had to work with.in the end my hair is over 3 inches shorter and I have short bangs! I had to purchase a new curling iron since my barrel was too large for my new only 3 - 7 inches of choppy layers. I have never had such a horrific haircut in my 30 years of professional stylists. As I am telling my story to other people, they have told me of their own bad experience with regis salons. While she was styling my hair some young man came in wanting a haircut. He specified to have lindsey but was told she did not have time for a walk-in. He insisted on her so they told him to come back at 4:15. My color, cut, style and waxing began at 2:00. She finished at 3:45. I suspect she hurried so she would have time to trim this handsome young man whom many of the stylists apparently knew. My family will never use regis again and I will tell my story to anyone willing to hear it. I have more faith in the abilities of a professional at great cuts, fantastic sam’s and the like than the unprofessional stylist your corporation employs.

• Mm
                    mmatthews1966 Apr 28, 2009

It sounds to me like you are upset because she tried to make time for a regular! And clearly you do not have a regular salon. If you walk in, and want your hair done at the moment, you would think you would expect to be second. As far as the faith comment. If you gat a bad haircut at Sam's, they would be the ones here in the fire!!

Regis Salonshorrible

I went to get a hair cut and highlight, and it’s horrible.

I wanted golden highlights and instead my highlights are blonde!!! I paid so much for full highlights and my front bangs don’t have any highlights on them.

First they were all friendly and when time for payment came the stylist was like oh I had to put in so many solutions so its going to be more. I mean you wasted my time, ruined my hair, and over charge me. Wow..

Please don’t ever visit regis at woodsfield mall in schaumburg il. They are horrible.

Charge more and give worst service.

• El
                      Elizabeth Jun 10, 2008

Have you contacted Regis Customer Service? There's not much they can do in the store.