Readers Digest — sweepstakes fraud
I received a letter allegedly from Readers Digest Ref: # RDT57-R988, addressed at 1125 16th Ave. Roosevelt, NY. 11575 Phone [protected]. It had my correct name on this ‘official looking’ sweepstakes letter saying I won $265, 069.00. I also received a check in the amount of $3, 780.50 from Bristol West Insurance Company, the check appears to be real in every way that I can tell. I was instructed to call the above number when I spoke to a male Mark Covila & a female named Erika Cohn who stated I must activate my claim by depositing this check in my bank account. I am a retired police officer so I called Readers Digest first who stated that I did not win their sweepstakes & that they think this is a fraud. I called Mark Covilla back & asked him what’s was going on but he just got nervous & hung up. A search of the Internet reveals that Mark Covilla has been dong check fraud in the mail for some time now & there are other victims of this crime.
More Readers Digest Complaints & Reviews
- Reader's Digest - Office of the Prize Award Administrator
- Readers Digest / Pepsi Co. - prize money
- Readers Digest - 3 free gifts
- Readers Digest www. Rd. Ca / Nikon - fooling us
- Reader's Digest - www.besthealthmag.ca/wii
- Readers Digest Book Processing Center - THEY KEEP SENDING ME BOOKS THAT I HAVE NOT ORDERED
- Readers Digest - 1,000,000 fraud
- Reader's Digest - No my legal name and only give me emai account and let me pay their money
- Readers Digest - Unsolicited goods!
- Reader's Digest - Unsolicited VPP & Recipt of unordered book on 15-02-2010