Rapid Plumbing Rooter ServiceOutrageous Thieving Prices

M

Have (2) 1/2" copper pipes that extend from outside hot water heater to washer hookups. Due to extreme cold both the hot and cold pipes burst causing 1" slits in the pipe. Called Rapid Plumbing at 11 a.m. or so, they arrived at 1 p.m. Not bad. Technician Oscar said what he could do would be to cut out the burst portions of pipe, replace with new and weld into place. It would take no more than 1 1/2 hours. HE QUOTED ME $1200.00. Told him absolutely no way, that was robbery. He said that was the price to cover gas, materials as copper pipe was very expensive, and the company. Again told him no way, the materials wouldn't cost more than $75 and asked him what he charged for the labor because $1200.00 was taking advantage. So a $300 job suddenly becomes $1200, nice. He said he didn't make the rules, the company did and they mark up everything by 300%. Then he said he could do $725, which I refused as well. Told him I wasn't prepared to pay more than $250. He called his "office" but everytime I approached to hear what he was saying he moved away. But I did hear him say that what I wanted to pay wouldn't even cover the cost of his materials. He came back saying the best he could do was $625. Again I reminded him the price was way off. The company was stealing people blind. He left. Later at Home Depot I purchased 15 feet of copper pipe, connectors, etc for $60. Tomorrow a plumber is coming to fix my pipes. And he is accepting what I want to pay. Never will I refer RAPID PLUMBING to anyone.

• Re
    Renee Rossi Mar 26, 2016

I agree that Rapid Plumbing pads their bill. They coated some pipes for me and charged over 15