Raintree Vacation Clubspecial asssessment fee

A Review updated:

In 7/09 I received an invoice for a special assessment fee. My contract does not include a provision for a special asssessment fee.

On 7/12/09 I contacted the number provided on the invoice, which put me in touch with an RCI customer service representative who could not answer any pertinent question. An email was sent at that time to RVC disputing the fee on my behalf. Six days later, I have not heard back from an RVC representative.

I kept calling and eventually received a RVC contact name (Sharon at [protected]. Needless to say, Sharon does not pick up her phone and does not return calls. I call her continuously for fun at this point.

I also was told by one RCI representative that RVC Member Services in Mexico City was resolving issues, so I called there several times. I had the same experience three times. I asked about special fee and whether or not Mexican members were being charged. I received no answers and was put on hold and transferred to U.S. RCI phone number each time.

• M
      Jun 23, 2009

Please go to the following forum for lots of discussion on this Raintree Special Assessment Extortion attempt:

• J
      Jun 26, 2009

We have compiled a list in excess of 100 members that are communicating and strategizing with a goal of contacting the attorney general in multiple states, especially Texas and AG Andrew Cuomo in New York. If you want to be a part of the combined effort, please send your email address to [protected]@aol.com.

The longest and most thorough thread of complaints and comments is at https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/raintree-c210535.html?sort=datea&page=13. The title of this complaint is “Trying to charge a ‘Special Assessment.’"

For the convenience of the authorities who might want to read members postings and for future reference, it seems it would be best to accumulate all comments under the above thread. There are already 13 pages on the thread.

Thank you.

• B
      Mar 07, 2010

Maybe all owners should just not pay or stop paying the assessment fees, this will get them to respond!!