Radio Shack — tv converter box
July 2008 purchased 2 Digital Stream converter boxes from Radio Shack. Was assured they were compatible with myTV an d cable company(RCN) which went totally digital at the end of Oct 08. They don't work and are useless. I called RCN in July and they advised me that RCN will not being going digital in my area 19074. I called the government and they assured me the boxes I purchased would be compatible only to find out RCN is proprietary and only their boxes will work. I had to pay for a tech to get these boxes working to no avail and had to buy an RCN Converter box. Radio Shack will give me back the money I paid for them, but not the coupons I used. Radio Shack said they did not distribute the coupons, therefore, they can't return them to me. In July RCN told me that they were not honoring the government coupons, but as of November, they are. This is totally unfair to the consumer to be misinformed by the government, my cable company(RCN), and Radio Shack. I have two useless converter boxes and no coupons since only two(2) per household. At this point, since I can return the boxes to Radio Shack, I need two additional coupons to make up for the RCN box I bought, and to get another RCN box for my second TV.
I thank you for the opportunity to present my complaint, and trust you will respond to me with a solution to my situation at your earliest convenience.
More Radio Shack Complaints & Reviews
- Radio Shack - wrongful firing!
- Radio Shack Replacement Service Plan - failure to replace insured headphones
- Radio Shack - insurance ploy
- Radio Shack - they don't give refunds on toys
- Radio Shack - the worst customer service
- RadioShack - unauthorized charges
- Radio Shack - poor customer service!
- RadioShack.com - god sake do not waste your money on expedited shipping
- Radio Shack - unprofessional & misinformed manager
- RadioShack - sexual harrassment taken lightly