quilted double roll northernrolls are now 1/4 shorted

My complaint is Shorter double rolls. I've been buying the quilted northern double roll for many years. I have no complaints until now. I always buy the big pack of 24 or more. Just yesterday, I purchased a packed of 24 double rolls of northern toilet paper from WALMART . I placed a roll on the dispenser and noticed it a quarter inch smaller then usual. The price has not decreased. The really makes me angry . Why are you doing this did you think people would'nt notice? I have the dispenser where the paint worn off from the previous rolls .This is so wrong. I feel cheated I did'nt expect this of toilet paper...