Menu

complaints

Cariloha Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
7 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Cariloha at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Cariloha has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Cariloha. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Cariloha complaints 7

Sort by:

Newest Cariloha complaints

K
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cariloha Deceptiv busines practises and poor customer service

Deceptiv busines practises and poor customer service. - They listed a product for $359.00 on their corporate website. - I purchased the product with a 50% off promo code. -The product packaging once delivered had a price of $299.00 -I emailed them to inquire. -I emailed them a week later to inquire. -I emailed them a gain another week later. -About a month later, I got a form email that had nothing to do with my request for reimbursement or refund. Only a promo code so I could be conned by them again. -I understand their entire business model is based upon deception. Misrepresenting their product. However, when they misrepresent the price without disclosure, it goes from legally acceptable puffery, to a violation of several consumer protection laws. -I understand why this company has an F from the ComplaintsBoard.com.

S

Cariloha I ordered 2 white bath sheets from Cariloha, LLC on 11/26

I ordered 2 white bath sheets from Cariloha, LLC on 11/26. However, when my order arrived, it was the wrong one. I reached out to the company and explained the situation, and they provided me with a *** and a prepaid return label. I sent back the incorrect items and received an email on 12/27 informing me that my bath sheets would be shipped. But when I received the package, there was only 1 bath sheet inside. I called the company and spoke to ***, explaining the issue. He assured me that he would send out the missing bath sheet the following day. However, I didn't receive anything, so on 1/19/22, I emailed them again, attaching all my documentation and requesting my bath sheet once more. *** promptly responded via email, promising to provide me with a tracking number and ship my product the next day. Yet, despite waiting patiently, I still haven't received anything. Frustrated, I sent a final email on 2/2/22, urgently requesting my bath sheet. Unfortunately, as of today, I have yet to receive it. All I want is my bath sheet.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cariloha I bought towels and sheets from Cariloha, LLC in 2017 because they offered a lifetime warranty

I bought towels and sheets from Cariloha, LLC in 2017 because they offered a lifetime warranty. Recently, I tried to exchange the sheets because they kept peeling and the stitching was coming undone. The overall quality was really bad. But when I asked about the warranty, they rudely told me that it didn't exist. This was surprising because I had successfully exchanged items before due to their poor quality. They suggested I wait for a sale if I wanted a replacement. Seriously? I gave them the original receipt and I have emails discussing the issues. They never informed me about any changes to the warranty, and I wouldn't have bought the sheets if there wasn't a warranty, especially considering the previous problems and now it's happening again with a different pair. I'm really disappointed with their false promises. I wouldn't have made such a big investment if they had been honest during my initial purchase.

Is Cariloha legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Cariloha as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Cariloha stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Cariloha should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Cariloha earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Cariloha achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Cariloha. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Cariloha has claimed the domain name for cariloha.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Cariloha.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Cariloha website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Cariloha.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Cariloha and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Cariloha.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Cariloha has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 7 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Cariloha protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Cariloha. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
J

Cariloha I bought 4 Carilhoa face masks on November 28

I bought 4 Carilhoa face masks on November 28. It took until December 4 for the company to actually place the order and send the confirmation. There is an $8.40 shipping charge for 2-day USPS shipping. At the time, there was no other shipping option available. Finally, on December 8th, the order was sent off. It then went to Denver on December 12th and Kansas on December 13th, where it sat until December 17th. I wrote to Carilhoa and asked where my order was and if they could refund the shipping because it had been nearly 4 weeks. On December 20, I received a very rude email back from Megan, saying "here is your tracking number." That's it. That's customer service from Carilhoa. I emailed back saying I wanted a refund or they should ship via FedEx. Megan replied, saying it is listed all over their website that they are not giving refunds. Nowhere on this site does it say that they are not giving refunds! Simply put, shipping is slow. This is customer service at Carilhoa. It is an order that should have been here if the company would have shipped correctly. They knew there were issues with USPS but are now using it as an excuse for poor customer service. Not refunding is just taking advantage of consumers during COVID.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cariloha I bought a set of Resort Bamboo Bed Sheets and Resort Bamboo Pillowcase Set (both Graphite color) from Cariloha on Jan 24, 2017

I bought a set of Resort Bamboo Bed Sheets and Resort Bamboo Pillowcase Set (both Graphite color) from Cariloha on Jan 24, 2017. The order number was ***, and I paid $424.50. These sheets came with Cariloha's Lifetime Warranty, which covers lifetime replacement of sheets that develop tearing, fraying, ripping, or holes in the course of normal use and care. My fitted sheet from the Resort Bamboo Bed Sheets set developed fraying, tearing, and holes/ripping at seams since I bought them in 2017. I contacted Cariloha customer support on Dec 28, 2021. They offered to replace my fitted sheet with a fitted sheet from their Resort Bamboo Bed Sheet set. However, the fitted sheets from the Resort Bamboo Bed Sheet set have undergone a change in depth/dimensions since 2017 (I know this, because I also own a newer set). The new fitted sheet is much shallower than my 2017 fitted sheet - to the tune of three inches (I have attached a photo with the two sheets and a ruler as proof). The new fitted sheet will not fit on my mattress, and is not equivalent to my 2017 fitted sheet. The Customer Support agent has not responded since my reply on Jan 5, 2022, when I told them that the replacement fitted sheet they were offering was three inches shorter and would not work. My interpretation of the lack of a response is that they no longer make a fitted sheet with the same dimensions as the one I bought in 2017. I would accept a replacement fitted sheet with the same depth as my current frayed one. If they cannot supply an equivalent replacement fitted sheet, I am looking for a full refund.

I
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cariloha Order #*** I ordered sheets from Cariloha and unfortunately, they arrived damaged

Order #*** I ordered sheets from Cariloha and unfortunately, they arrived damaged. I reached out to them via email on 4/24/22 and finally received a response on 5/3/22. They asked me to send pictures of the tags on the sheets, even though I had already sent pictures of the damaged spots. I promptly sent them the requested tag pictures. On Sunday, I sent another email seeking further instructions, but all I received was an automated reply offering a discount on my next purchase. I just want the option to exchange or return the sheets. It's worth mentioning that I ordered the sheets on April 7th and didn't receive them until 4/23.

Order #*** Classic Bamboo Bed Sheet Set Classic Bed Sheet Set CH0000397 Color: Beach Linen, Size: Queen $189.00 USD Qty: 1 $189.00 USD Subtotal: $189.00 USD Coupon Code (aloha): -$94.50 USD Shipping: $11.45 USD Tax: $7.42 USD Grand Total: $113.37 USD

From: Cariloha Service Date: May 3, 2022 at 10:53:49 AM EDT To: *** Subject: Re: Order *** Hi ***, Thank you so much for contacting us about your order. I'm really sorry about the issue you're facing with the sheets. I'd be happy to assist you with an exchange so we can send you a new set. Please send pictures of the front and back of the tag on the sheets. Once I receive this information, I'll provide you with the next steps and we'll send out a new set for you. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know! Best wishes, Kylee

I included the original pictures I sent, as well as the tag pictures they requested and I sent on 5/3. I'm requesting an exchange or return.

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cariloha We've been loyal customers of Cariloha for a while now and have bought loads of bamboo sheets, bath towels, clothes, and even a mattress pad

We've been loyal customers of Cariloha for a while now and have bought loads of bamboo sheets, bath towels, clothes, and even a mattress pad. We've made purchases both in person while on vacation in Jamaica and Cozumel, as well as online. There are two main reasons why we keep coming back: the quality of their products and the lifetime warranty.

Between November and September , I bought a total of five sheet sets, on top of the sets we regularly purchased for ourselves, as wedding gifts, and for Christmas presents. However, our experience with the blush sheets we ordered on September 1 was quite eye-opening. That's when we discovered that the lifetime warranty was no longer valid and the quality of their sheets had significantly declined.

One of the pillowcases didn't fit our pillow properly, and the fitted sheet didn't cover the entire depth of our mattress, causing it to slip off the bed. However, the other pillowcase and the flat sheet were just fine. After numerous emails, I finally received a response from Megan. I explained the situation and mentioned that we had multiple sets of these sheets and took great care in washing them - separate wash, cold water, gentle cycle, no fabric softener, and delicate drying.

Megan informed me that the material was supposedly preshrunk, so shrinkage shouldn't have been the issue. She asked me to take pictures of the pillowcases, which I did. Then she requested measurements, which I also provided. Megan then replied that their quality department concluded that shrinkage wasn't covered by the warranty. However, they did offer a 10% discount on replacement pillowcases, even though the fabric was supposedly preshrunk. Keep in mind, these sheets cost $250 and they didn't shrink. We have eight other sets from Cariloha, and they're all perfect. The color of the towels did fade in some spots, but that wasn't a big deal. However, these sheets were clearly defective, and considering the price we paid, we believe we should be entitled to a replacement.

Overview of Cariloha customer experience

Cariloha, the online retailer at cariloha.com, has been plagued with numerous consumer complaints. Customers have expressed their dissatisfaction with various aspects of the company, highlighting several negative points. One major issue is the poor quality of products offered by Cariloha. Many buyers have reported receiving subpar items that quickly deteriorate or fail to meet their expectations. Additionally, there have been numerous complaints about the company's customer service. Customers claim that Cariloha's support team is unresponsive, unhelpful, and fails to address their concerns adequately. Another common grievance is the shipping and delivery process. Numerous customers have experienced delays in receiving their orders, leading to frustration and disappointment. Furthermore, Cariloha's return and refund policy has been a source of frustration for many consumers. Customers have reported difficulties in obtaining refunds or exchanges for defective or unsatisfactory products. Overall, Cariloha's track record of poor product quality, unsatisfactory customer service, delayed shipping, and problematic return policy raises concerns for potential buyers.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Cariloha contacts