Menu

D
Author of the complaint
1:38 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am a pastor of a small church that works a full time job as well as receiving a housing allowance (tax free income) for my service to the church. I recently applied to refinance my current mortgage through a mortgage broker through your company. Your company representative assured the mortgage broker that based upon my income from both the church and other employment, assets and credit score (795) that I would have no problem getting approval, yet after submitting all the paperwork necessary your company refused to include the housing allowance (tax free income) as income even after I provided over a years worth of documents showing I receive the housing allowance (tax free income) from the church/bank statements showing that it gets deposited into my banking account as cash (check)/ church financial reports showing the church gives it to me as income and giving you employment verification. This process took almost 2 weeks from beginning to end and after supplying more then what was asked I was turned down by your company because you refused to include the housing allowance (tax free income) as income. I have owned 3 homes and I have refinanced those homes several times and I have never had anyone not include my housing allowance (tax free income) as income! I suggest that your organization become better educated on how this works for clergy. A housing allowance is a portion of a clergy's salary that they themselves (me) determines is exempt from personal income taxes-just because its called a housing allowance doesn't mean its not income. I am completely dissatisfied with your mortgage approval standards/knowledge and as a result I will be recommending my fellow clergy associates and my congregation to use other lenders who have a better understanding of their clients needs and income position.

Doug wagner