Menu

complaints

PureTalk Complaints Summary

16 Resolved
5 Unresolved
Our verdict: You can expect a very good level of service from PureTalk. To navigate their system effectively, thoroughly understand their service scope. Check online forums and review sites for others' experiences. When contacting customer service, clear and concise communication can help resolve your issues faster.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for PureTalk has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of PureTalk. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

PureTalk complaints 21

Sort by:

Newest PureTalk complaints

5:12 am EDT

PureTalk Unauthorized credit card charges

On October 27, 2023, my 12 year old daughter ordered a Sim card standard overnight through FedEx under my name Chrystal Bazzarone to my address 134 Morris St. Gray LA 70359. The tracking number is [protected]. It has never been open. I have never opened the FedEx package, so as you can see you don’t have to be so rude. It also took three days for standard overnight from the 27th to the 30th Monday to receive it from FedEx so if I had ordered it and it wasn’t My child. I probably would have returned it as well and gotten a refund.

Claimed loss: $5.00 SIM card with standard overnight Fed ex that cost $15.99. It was shipped on October 27 standard overnight. I did not receive it until October 30 at 8 PM.

Desired outcome: I would like an apology and a refund plus taxes that were included in FedEx. A refund for the amount of $21.00 plus tax and we will call it even.

N
1:03 am EDT

PureTalk Oneplus nord phone

Purchased a Oneplus Nord phone from Puretalk in December 2022 for my husband who requires hotspot to take payments for our business at various locations. Since we got the phone, hotspot has never worked, and as of today, we have contacted tech support several times to resolve the hotspot issue with no resolution, which tech support has told me has been well documented. Since I have been paying the highest phone plan, I contacted Puretalk today, and was told by a very nice customer service rep that her supervisor would not be able to give me a credit for the non-working service plan because they only guarantee Apple phones for hotspot, there was nothing I could do. I would either have to purchase a new phone under my contract or deal with the phone as is. I have had it with Puretalk, and would not recommend them to anyone I know, particularly customers of mine.

Claimed loss: see above

Desired outcome: Another phone that functions correctly

11:12 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

8/23/2023 I spoke w/PURE TALK. Decided after agent discussion that I would order a promotional cell phone (SAMSUNG A23 5G) and $35/mo. unlimited talk/text/data cell plan. I was assured NO charges would be made to my CREDIT CARD until service was established with the NEW phone they would be sending. NO contract was ever sent to me via email as promised, my...

Is PureTalk legit?

Our verdict: PureTalk has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores PureTalk's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of PureTalk can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

PureTalk earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: PureTalk achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

By resolving 76% of 21 negative reviews, PureTalk is demonstrating its dedication to customer satisfaction and effectively addressing customer issues. While there may still be some practical problems that need to be addressed, such as long wait times or unhelpful responses.

PureTalk has claimed the domain name for puretalkusa.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Puretalkusa.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows PureTalk website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Puretalkusa.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Several positive reviews for PureTalk have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

Puretalkusa.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

Puretalkusa.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from PureTalk.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• PureTalk protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
8:03 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

PureTalk Puretalk stole my phone number

Long story short... Puretalk will not release my phone number to my new carrier. I have attempted three times to have my account activated so that my new carrier can retrieve my phone number with no avail. After 31 days of no telephone service I was FINALLY able to speak to customer service. I informed the woman of my situation of not being able to use the telephone service that I had paid for. I told her that I had two requests from Puretalk:

#1 I needed my account number and pin to change carriers.

#2 Request a refund for the entire months charges for one day of non dervice.

She submitted a request for refund. I was unable to get a hold of any customer service representatives during the end of my first month. Finally on day two of my second month I was able to speak with customer service. I was charged for the entire second month despite numerous emails, tech support calls that resulted in zero fixes.

She gave me the pin and account number and then deactivated my account. To my dismay the number can not be transfered when the account is inactive. The woman did this deliberatly. After three more calls to puretalk and one with the porting department my account is still inactive and they will not release my phone number. I sent a lengthy email to custmer service (after wasting approximatly four hours of being on hold) and still no answer.

They knowingly and willingly locked my account to prevent me from saving my phone number. Four attempts, speaking with people who tell me the account is not deactivated and zero requests from my new carrier to obtain number have been submitted. A blatant lie! I can log into my account and read in bold red lettering "account deactivated". As far as I can tell they are deliberatly doing this. This should be a routine action, very simple. Yet I have been repeatedly lied to and denied my request. The only way that I know to get my account reactivated is to purchase more service but I can not make any changes to my account because it is inactive. Absolute garbage service! I have been robbed of 120$ for non working service, robbed of many hours of my time trying to contact and resolve issues only to have my phone number stolen from me. Good thing that number is not connected to any other services like banking. Just kidding! They have totally screwed me and by the complaint reports that I have read online I am not alone. This company should be investigated and prosecuted for fraud. They can not or will not do what their service claims. This company is activley and knowinly engaging in theft and fraud.

Desired outcome: I want my telephone number back. I want my account activated long enough for my new carrier to retrive the number. I do not want to sit on hold for an average of 45 minutes only to be blatantly lied to.

11:19 am EDT

PureTalk Customer service scamming

I contacted Puretalk for an upgrade phone today, wanted an Apple Pro 14. Spoke with a nice lady. Went through all the process, gave her my CC info, but it was declined due to suspicious activity. Called my bank and they uplifted the block. Called back to Puretalk and spoke with customer agent. He asked many common questions, address, phone number, etc. Then I listened to a recorded line asking me the same, I guess to confirm. Then he told me to hold on that he would give me confirmation number which he didn’t. Instead he asked me to read my routing numbers from my checking account. I questioned why I’m paying with a credit card. Then he hung up. I called back and spoke to a familiar voice that I heard earlier that morning and asked to cancel my order, she said there is no order to cancel. I explained what occurred and she said Puretalk never asks for routing numbers, and I should never give it out. But one employee did, and I believe without a doubt he is a scammer. It was a horrible experience for me. I’ve been a dedicated customer for years with Puretalk. So shocked of the behavior of this employee. Susan Merrill

Desired outcome: Don’t know at this time.

PureTalk has left an official reply on this complaint.

PureTalk I called PureTalk to transfer 3 phones from *** PureTalk salesman informed me that *** 9+ is not compatable with their system

I called PureTalk to transfer 3 phones from *** PureTalk salesman informed me that *** 9+ is not compatable with their system. I would need newer phone. With *** on the phone I purchased IPhone 11 with auto pay, month plan $ 65.00month I paid up front $ ***, should I cancel or change my mind the phone could be returned for a full refund with in 14 days. Should I cancel after grace *** I would be responsible for remainder of balance for Iphone 11. I agreed to terms; Iphone and 3 sim cards received. I placed the first sim card into my sons ***, worked with in the hour. I placed the second sim card in my daughters ***, never worked. I activated my Iphone. The follow day I received a message alerting me that the Pixels would be deactivited related to the 3G being obsolete. I called Pure talk and discussed the fact the Pixel was updated and uses the 5G service. I was told I would need to purchase 2 new phones. It was at this point I visited my local *** store and discussed my concerns related to the 3G and Pixel phones. I was informed that the Pixel are compatable with 5G network and dont need upgraded. I left the *** store and notified Pure Talk that I would be cancelling their service. *** request the phone numbers, exported and I returned to *** with my old *** 9+. The following day: called Pure Talk from the Fed ex store asked for the return address and policy/protocols related to the Iphone11. I did as directed and returned the phone with in *** any way. I received an alert from Fed Ex notifing of delivery from Pure Talk . Called Pure talk and demanded a refund and proof of damage. Pure talk doesnt take photos of damage for proof. I will not be taking delievery of phone. I have proof phone not damaged and I want my refund $249 + 65+55= $369.00. I received refund for one phone line $55.00. Consumer Fraud.

Read full review of PureTalk and 2 comments

2 comments
M. Connelly
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was on auto pay on a monthly basis for my phone bill. It deducted *** out on the 7th of August. I switched carriers on the 17th. I canceled my service with them and asked for a prorated refund. Since I paid for an entire months service and only used a weeks worth of coverage its only right for the company to refund the remaining amount.. They refused and said we dont give refunds. Its plain theft. I tried to ask for billing to talk to them and they said I was unable to. Pure Talk is a crooked business in my honest opinion.

K. Kunde
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i called pure talk on 08/05/2022 and asked for their service they took my credit card info and sent a sim card as i am handicapped i could not install the card and set up my phone i called again and cancelled i found out that they were charging my card even though i did not have service they refused to refund the money i asked for a supervisor; they said no one was available but someone would call me back no one ever called

C
PureTalk has left an official reply on this complaint.

PureTalk My prior service provider failed totally in customer service

My prior service provider failed totally in customer service. I decided to try *** after hearing on talkradio how easy it would be, and the low price. I submitted my IMEI number on PT's website, was confirmed to be compatible. Called PT and bought a new simcard. Installed the sim. Called PT for activation, Friday, 5/11/22. PT activated the account. Was told it would take *** minutes to become active. I waited til Monday, the 14th, to give it plenty of time to activate. On Monday, texting worked, but calling a number did not work, dialed and immediately "call ended". Over the last few weeks I have been been in touch with Customer Support. Calling from my *** cellphone as my cellphone does not work. I was told I had to load updates over WI-FI. No mention of that when I called to activate.I spent 17 hours loading updates and installing them (lots of updates and "fair" WI-FI at my apartment complex). Tried calling many times, same thing- "Call ended" immediately after dialing. Still have texting tho.Tried everything CS suggested. After telling me the problen is my phone *** has not responded to my emails.Called CS yesterday, the 16th. Said I would buy a new phone from PT and it had better work immediately upon delivery. I chose a phone, deeply discounted, from the website. However, I was told that is only for new customers. Instead of $50 I had to pay $249 for that phone as I am now a customer. (No mention on the webpage that the price is for new customers only.)I objected, stating I have not had calling service from day one, I am not really a customer yet. Too bad (words to that effect).The CS person put me on hold to check on something. I had verified with her my sis-in-law's number so she could call me back if needed. The hold ended after a coupla' minutes and the call ended. It's been 24 hours, no callback.What I would like is the phone I selected, at the $50 price, and continue the plan I selected.

J. Kuhic
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On Saturday August 27, I ordered a new phone and service with PureTalk. I did so based on a sponsor referral. I had really wanted to try the service. During my purchase I also paid for overnight service, which was an uncharge. The phone didn't ship for two days because they do not tell you it takes that long to process an order. I would have ignored this but I had a broken phone and we needed it right away. The phone that arrived was supposed to be brand new but would not charge or turn on. I had to have 5 calls with customer service and tech support before they send a label to return the phone. they were then supposed to send me a new phone. A day later I had not heard from them. I reached back out and then they informed me they would not send a new phone until they received and inspected the old one. I was not told this by customer service but luckily I sent it quickly. Even still a rep told me it would likely take *** days before they would even looked at the returned phone and until all that was processed they will not send out a new one. I am looking at likely two weeks of paying for service and no phone. *** has been atrocious. Almost no one has showed any type of care, understanding and most of all urgency to get this resolved. All I get is comments saying they will make notes but no one does anything to resolve this. I realize companies have processes but you have to work harder than this if you are in the customer service business. I have been uncharged for overnight, which I did not receive. I have also now been paying for service I do not have. When I brought this up to customer service again I was told they would make notes but no credits have been issued to this point.

T
T
T. Streich
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Started the process of porting my cell phone numbers from Pure Talk to *** 4/20/2022. Pure Talk had problems during the process. The problems delayed the actual porting two days later to 4/22/2022. Since 4/22/2022 was the first day of the billing cycle, I got charged for the billing period 4/22 - 5/22 ($93.20). After waiting for a refund and never receiving it, I called Pure Talk in June. The representative stated he saw where I started the process two days prior to the billing cycle and told me I would be receiving a credit. After waiting again for the credit to post and not receiving it, I called several times in August and was told they could not provide a refund even though I was told I was getting one by the representative in June.

V. Kunde
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I oredered a replacement phone from them , afer 4 hours of tech support trying to set it up, they told me to put it back in the box and send it back for a refund. I sent it back the very next day , I called them on 8/25 to see where my refund was since i was told on the 18th it was being processed , it was not processed and I am still waiting for my $250 to be refunded, i checked again and nothing. I am sick to death of companies pulling money out 2 seconds after a transaction but it takes forever to get your money back. I had to buy a phone so I have 500 tied up into phones because they want to take their time or because someone forgot to do their job. I want my money back...3 days should be the limit. Its not my fault their phone was faulty and their tech agents said it was bad to send back. I feel like I am being punished here.

K. Shields
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On Monday evening 8/29/2022, I enrolled in the wireless service offered by pure talk Account # ***. This order #*** included 2 sim cards and a new apple 13 phone. This included 2 day shipping that I paid $10 for. The first month has been charged to my account. I have yet to receive an email that the phone or sim cards have shipped. I have called CS the past 2 days asking why they haven't moved. The answer is always the same they will ship them right out. I don't know if I should continue to wait or go to another carrier and cancel my order, now. If the package was moving I would understand more. 5 days and it's still at the wear house, I just feel like this company is a fraud and a scam and CS is sugar coating me until they hook me good. If I don't have what was promised I would like to go to another company. The last two days of not knowing what is going on just makes me feel like I'm being taken advantage of. This is why people are losing their faith in American businesses.

PureTalk I purchased a phone and service through Pure Talk *** on 8/18

I purchased a phone and service through Pure Talk *** on 8/18. The service was unlimited data. The last month I have not been able to access data. I have called in more times than I can remember, and been on hold each time, first with customer service, then technical support. Each time with technical support, I was disconnected prior to resolving issue. They sent me a new sim card, and it didn't resolve the issue. I tried the new sim card both on my PureTalk phone, as well as another old iphone. It didn't work on either phone. I spent hours with puretalk technical support, when disconnected each time, they never returned my call. When I called back in, they said that they HAD to ask for our number, but they didn't have time to call back if disconnected. The contract was for two years, and after one month, nothing worked except the ability to make phone call. Navigation didn't work, texts didn't work. They reported issues with towers. I logged a ticket (***). They were unable to resolve the issue. They created another ticket (***), to refund me the price of the phone, which I had to pay yesterday (10/26), in order to get my phone number ported out to a vendor that WOULD work. They charged me for the phone ($370.06) yesterday. The phone that only worked for one month. They also charged me on October 24th $56.08, for a service that didn't work. I'm asking for a full refund of my 1) Phone cost of $370.06, and 2) the monthly cost of $56.08 since PureTalk was unable to provide what they contracted with me to provide, and I exhausted all avenues with them. They say that they will send me a mailing label to return the phone, and then I will receive the refund for the price of the phone, plus the monthly charge. Since I've spent hours on the phone with them, and have not yet received my refund, I'm asking for help to make sure that this is resolved to my satisfaction, since they couldn't honor the contract I need full refund.

E. Deckow
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Puretalk explained my 4g device would no longer work and I had buy a new phone. I did buy a new phone for $750. They also said I needed to upgrade my somcard. The phone had issues making calls and texting once the simcard was changed. They continued for a month. They issues a new simcard once again. Still the same issues persisted. They told me it had tk be my device and I needed to contact *** Instead I went with service from *** on the same device. Wow! Service works and so does the phone. I requested to have 2 months refunded back. They said they would submit a request. They came back said they would do a month $35. I said no for all the trouble and having to switch and now being stuck with a $750 phone to pay for I was not accepting that as I got the phone through puretalk to stay with them. The brush off attitude and theft of my money for service I could not use is unacceptable. I'm no longer a customer so they basically have told me to bug off.

M. Prohaska
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I called Pure talk cell service to get a new *** plan. I have impeccable credit with a 800 score and was refused to purchase the iPhone and the gentlemen I was speaking to didn't know whey they refused me the phone.I'm not very happy giving out mu SS and credit info and then denied the credit!

E. Reichel
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I asked for my service to be increased to provide a HOTSPOT when I moved, and was charged the increased rate but the HOTSPOT was not able to be activated. There was a lot of difficulty and stress around this, including the insistence that I agreed I would not be able to ask for the first month of service to be cancelled and refunded. BUT I NEVER RECEIVED THE INCREASED LEVEL OF SERVICE! Multiple attempts to resolve issues wound *** in further upset and nobody with authority to restore my former level of service ever communicated with me. Then I received notice that they withdrew payment of $55 for a new month of imaginary HOTSPOT services instead of putting me back to my $20 original plan like I requested repeatedly. When I call, I am told that I can be put on a less expensive plan but I cannot be put back to my previous rate-- so this botched attempt at boosting my service was turned into an excuse to permanently charge me $25/month instead of $20 (unless I get another person to add a line to my account, then I get my former regular fee returned-- which is extortion). Also, they will keep the excess funds they never should have withdrawn if I leave their company because their policy is to just "credit my account" and not refund me-- which strikes me as outright criminal! I said repeatedly on different days that I will report them for conning me into a forced higher rate and they apparently do not care, so the years of having me as a customer are apparently meaningless. I am beyond outraged. Their poor customer service people have to explain these criminal policies with apologies and sympathy, but the managers have taken ZERO responsibility for handling my case-- and I HAVE BEEN ROBBED!

A. Rolfson
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I opened a plan with pureTalk back in July 2023 and leased an iPhone 13 with them as well along with my plan. Ive been paying 64 dollars a month for both, but this past week in August 25 2023 my phone was blacklisted and they arent sure why. Ive called multiple times to try and get answers but no one can seem to help me. They wont let me send the phone back and cancel the plan either. Nor will they give me a refund even though Im paying for a service Im not able to use. I cant make calls, use the internet , or anything unless Im on Wi-Fi . I called apple as well to see if they could see if there was something wrong specifically with the phone and they said the phone was fine. It seemed the issue was in puretalk end. But they wont let me cancel my plan ! Without paying in full for the phone I cant even use. I even offered to just keep paying for the phone but not the service plan. Please help

PureTalk has left an official reply on this complaint.

PureTalk On, or about, February 6th I contacted Pure Talk regarding providing cell service for two of my three devices (two cell phones and one tablet)

On, or about, February 6th I contacted Pure Talk regarding providing cell service for two of my three devices (two cell phones and one tablet). One cell phone belongs to my wife who rarely uses it. The tablet is mine and I only use the cellular feature when I can't get a wifi connection. I have been with *** for many years, but their plans are expensive because they only provide unlimited talk, text and data.That being said, I signed up for unlimited talk and text and 2GB's of data for her phone and a data plan for my tablet. Later in the first month I received a message from Pure Talk that we had used up our 2GB's of data and asked if I wanted to buy more. I chose not to because (1) it was close to the end of the billing cycle and (2), I assumed they would simply *** me for the overage or shut off the data portion until the next billing cycle.I was taking my wife to the airport to fly to *** for a funeral. On the way she attempted to make a call, but her phone was locked. I tried to determine the problem and finally decided that Pure Talk had shut down the phone (when we got home my tablet was also shut down). We had to cancel the flight (Delta charges $150.00 for cancelations). My wife has been on chemotherapy for five years and I could not let her travel with no means of communication.I have tried since March 7th to reach Pure Talk to close my account. I went back to ***. I have emailed them and I have tried calling multiple times. On three occasions I got through, but spent a total of two hours on hold. I simply want my account closed and be rid of Pure Talk. They do not allow an account to be closed on their website. It has to be by telephone. The problem is, I can't get through and they don't respond to emails. I want the $20.00 for the additional 4 GB's credited and no other charged against my card. The $150.00 fee to Delta would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

A. Ledner
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have had this phone *** for over 4 years. I knew in Feb. 2022 that the old phones would no longer work. So I calledthe company and told the lady that I needed a new phone that would work on this new 5G. She picked out the phone because i Didnt know which would work. That was in Nov or Dec of 2021. At the end of Feb the phone stopped. Itried to call them several times. It would take from one to two hours to get a operator. When i finally got one on the phone and told them my problem they would transfer me over to there tech support. Then the phone would get disconnected. I tried this for several days and never was able to get any help. I thought that the call was disconected by accident but I believe that they done this on purpose. So I finally had enough. I went to anouther phone *** They charged me 21. 67 for March and April so I want this money back.Also I want the *** they charged me for the phone that did not work.It was a *** Model TA-***. I have sent them several letters and they wont even reply . So I hope you can help me with this

A. Adams
Alpena, US

On 7-21-22 attempted to purchase 2 phones from Pure Talk on website. Entered info and selected to have payment through Afirm, not card added for account. When order submitted the card was charged and never went to Afirm. Contacted CS immediately and order canceled. Was told refund would be in 3-5 business days. CS also explained process for Afirm. On 7-24-22 attempted to purchase phones again using instructions given. Card was again charged for phones not Afirm. Contacted CS and had order canceled again. Phones NEVER shipped. Orders canceled within 30 minutes of submission. At 6 business days from first order, no refund. Called CS and was told it was *** business days. On 8-10-22 called CS again, was told nothing CS could do and request for a supervisor to call was made. Supervisor NEVER called back. At 16 days (8-12-22) called CS and was told Warehouse did refunds and they were "backed up" for refunds. This is over $3200.00 I have been struggling to get back for phones that were never packaged, let alone shipped. I was also told the refund was still pending and the refund order was "expedited". Was also told I could call back in a few days to see if anything had been done to fix the issue.

D
D
D. Hermann
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

In My Or June this year my wife and I decided to trnsfer from *** for our cellular phone use to Pure Talk because *** costs were going up do to 5G upgrades. Pure Talk was less expensive. We purchashed 2 cell phomes from Pure Talk. After receiving them we could not for some reason get the new phones activated. I trie for over 2 weeks and after the frustrations of being transferred from one so called expert to the next and having to go over each time the same problem with no results we mailed the phones back to Pure Talk Waited for our refunds finally a refund of $84.+ was credited to our account but not the more expensive one of $300.++ each time I called the answer was we haven't had time to look at and check this other phone. They woul NEVER call me back to tell me anything. Finally they requested me give them the Pin # to open it. I did than nothing 2 more times I called and they said the Pin # was incorrect. I asked if it was incorrect how did you open up the first one since I only use the same Pin # ? They answered they didn't know but that they couldn't open the phone so it was returned to me, the phone not my $$$. Their last comment was the problem to open is "nowt ours it's now yours". What am I supposed to do with a phone I won't use. Pure Talk keeps talking about their great *** yet they leave us holding the bag. When you call the same 5 questions are asked then no Pin # no $$$. They don't even have a n email address so you can tell your problem to someone else then their script reading *** people.

S. Jast
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Feb 20, 2022 we ordered and paid $117.31 x 2 for 2 new phones ($234.62) plus shipping ($27.68) a monthly fee $86.26 x 4 months Feb - May ($345.04) for 2 *** G20 128GB Glacier phones that did not work from day one out of the box. We tried to be patient an give them a chance. This company does not have any online support - you need to call *** and wait on hold for 2 or 3 hours or more for each phone call only to be transferred to someone else who cannot help and finally get yet another phone *** to call and wait on hold another 2 plus hours another day. You cannot reach them ever and then we sent the phones back and forth to *** in FL in April because the phone could not make nor receive calls (*** says its Puretalk - Puretalk says its ***) and neither cared we didn't have phones that worked and we incurred another $80 expense for a prepaid phone until we go the phone back which still didn't work - either way on June 2, 2022 we decided we had enough and went to another carrier and then we were told we broke our contract and had to pay an additional $95.40 x 2 ($190.80) . We only agreed to the initial credit and to sign up for the 2 years because of the radio commercial endorsements - which we now find are a joke. We would like to be reimbursed for our expenses since we in good faith paid for products that never worked from day one - what is the point of having a cell phone if you cannot make nor receive any calls? We would like a refund of $878.14 plus the cost to cover the hours we spend on hold borrowing a friend's phone that we will never get back to resolve this. It took 4 hours at least a week x 16 weeks x $15 an hour ($960) for a grand total $1,838.14.

W
PureTalk has left an official reply on this complaint.

PureTalk Pure talk has put me into an absolutely terrible situation

Pure talk has put me into an absolutely terrible situation. I am a 65 year old disabled man with some serious health issues that I have to deal with. Right now I have been waiting on a call from my vascular surgeon and my neurological surgeon however they can't get through to me and I can't call out. They tell me to dial 611 on my phone but again that is useless considering I can't call out. I have literally no way of contacting them by phone but I did try to get a hold of them today as I went up to my local sheriff's office and explain my situation. They were very kind and allowed me to use one of their phones. Well after an hour and 15 minutes later and still on hold I didn't feel like I could hold up one of their phones any longer. They ended up finding an email address for me and sent an email to peer talk. Pure talk did email me back and let me know that the situation has been rectified. Well this was a lie because at this time I can still not call out or receive any phone calls. I am disabled and on a very fixed income so at this point in time I cannot switch carriers but you better believe come the first of the month I will no longer be a pure talk customer. This is totally unacceptable.I have edited my review after seeing what your response was. This was an email that I received on Friday...Queue: PT-SocialMedia Owner: Nobody Requestors: xxxxxx Status: resolved According to our records, your request has been resolved or further information is need at this time. If you have any further questions or concerns, please respond to this message or dial 611 from your phone...So I immediately emailed you back stating that my issue is not been resolved and you need to do this as soon as possible. Since then I've sent five other emails in response to your original email which included my pure talk phone number. Yet I still sit here without phone service and no way to get a hold of you except returning your emails that have been completely ignored.

R

PureTalk On 3-19-22 I ported over 2 lines of service from another carrier

On 3-19-22 I ported over 2 lines of service from another carrier. I also purchased (outright) two phones. While trying to decide on a phone for one of the lines, the sales lady told me to pick what I thought and if I didnt like it, they have a 14 day risk free trial. After a couple days, it was obvious the phone wasnt going to work for me (thought I wanted a smaller phone but now I cant see the txt very well). I wanted to change to a different phone (at more expense to me). I called and after 3 hrs and 52 minutes it was obvious the person I spoke to couldnt or wouldnt help. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told we had to issue an escalation ticket. Then I was told the supervisor would have to approve the ticket first. Ok, ticket issued and I was told someone would call me back in 48hrs. After 5 days no call. I phoned back on Tuesday 3-29-22 and was told by a rep (very nice and helpful) that a supervisor would for sure call me bf they left for the day. Again no call. I called again today 3-31-22 and after I just went through the hole thing with yet again another rep, they hung up on me. I believe this is intentional and malicious. I think I am getting the run a round so they do not have to honor there 14 day phone trail. I even tried the online resolution form but it also doesnt work (by design I assume). I dont want anything free, I dont want to cancel, I just want what I was sold at the time I signed up. Im willing to pay more for another phone and wait until they get my current phone inspected bf crediting me back. But, I am not willing to lose money or be stuck with a phone I dont want when they use a 14 day trail as a sales tool. I let them know immediately when I knew the phone was an issue (2 or 3 days after I got it) now they have given me the run a round until Im down to a day or two left. And kept me on the phone for almost 4 hrs after I asked if they could just call me back. Please help me contact someone that can help. Thanks

PureTalk has left an official reply on this complaint.

PureTalk In December, I switched our family wireless phone service from *** to Pure Talk

In December, I switched our family wireless phone service from *** to Pure Talk. Unknown to us, Pure Talk never fully ported over my wife's number she has had in her possession for 20 years. This failure to fully port over the number resulted in split service, meaning that she was only able to receive calls from iPhone users and unable to receive calls and texts from Android users and calls from landline users. Failure to complete this full port resulted in her being unable to communicate with family and friends. This failure also resulted in missing calls from businesses, doctors, and pharmacies trying to contact her to assist her in her daily life and also in providing her with her insulin and other life-dependent insulin pump supplies, since these pharmacies were calling her on her own number that did not work, unknown to my wife. Numerous lengthy calls to Pure Talks customer service and IT department have taken place in our attempt to solve the issue. Every time we called Pure Talk for help, we always received the run-around, having to start at the beginning with every person who works at Pure Talk, with no one ever really wanting to fix the issue. Resetting all kinds of functions, even completely resetting my wifes phone did not work. Despite nothing working, Pure Talk never offered or tried to come up with a solution. Just phone calls that would end with either a dropped call or an unsatisfactory end, with my wifes phone still not fully working. Frustrated and fed up, we decided to switch carriers in June 2022, then come to find out that my wifes number could not be switched to a new carrier because the number was never fully Pure Talks number the entire time. We were informed that the company that has possession of my wifes number is ***, but upon calling *** they stated that they do not have possession of the number. Somehow, during our time with Pure Talk, my wifes number was given over to the carrier named Jitterbug.

PureTalk has left an official reply on this complaint.

PureTalk My wife and I made a personal decision to change our cell phone provider

My wife and I made a personal decision to change our cell phone provider. After reading an ad in the *** magazine we decided to try Pure Talk ***. We called Pure Talk, spoke to representative and he assured us after reviewing their cell phone coverage area map that we would have cell service at our home and beyond in our area. So we decided to start an account with them for two phone numbers, one for me, one for my wife and we purchased a new cell phone from them as well. We charged it to our Mastercard on July 30, 2022 for the amount of $328.68, and have since paid that bill off to Mastercard on 8-22-22.We received the new phone around 10 days later, immediately set everything up and *** and behold we didn't have any cell service at our house location, even after they assured us we were in a coverage area. So that begs the question, what good is a cell service that doesn't from your home? Were not going to drive to the nearest high hill and hope it works there, so we immediately decided to cancel their service. They gave us a 30 trial period to cancel them and get a full refund of our money spent. They gave us a 15 day time frame to return the cell phone. We did both well within the time frame. We wiped the phone clean, reset all the settings and placed it back in the original box with everything that came with it.We called them several times asking for a refund of our money. They said there was a lag time on the cell phone of 10 working days, they only canceled one phone line even after being told several times on the phone and in writing that we wanted everything stopped and our money refunded ASAP. After several calls and a letter they finally refunded $30.26 on 8-15-22.and $254.39 on 8-24-22. That still leaves us $44.03 short of being fully refunded and putting this to bed. We want the remainder of our purchase ($44.02) refunded to us as a matter of ethical principal! We called them again about this and we just get the same old run around - frustrating!

PureTalk has left an official reply on this complaint.

PureTalk I called pure talk *** on 4/11/2022 and spoke with rep for over an hr and purchased 2 phones outright, aSIM card (for existing phone) and paid

I called pure talk *** on 4/11/2022 and spoke with rep for over an hr and purchased 2 phones outright, aSIM card (for existing phone) and paid for service for 3 lines.They arriveda few days later and I arranged for the 3 ppl I purchased the phones/lines for to meet up to activate them together .The instructions said 3step easy activation process. We tried activating the phones but after putting in Sim#s no plans came up so we were instructed to choose plans for each sim and pay upfront for those.was not going to do that. 3 people were a bit disappointed but I called and explained the issue and was on hold for awhile and asked a bunch of Qs then I was informed that 3 more *** would be sent out and would arrive within a week.The 3 ppl waiting forphone service again were getting a bit impatient. *** arrived , same exact issue. i called pure talk , waited on hold for awhile was asked a ton of questions, the rep sounded perplexed transferred me to tech support who asked for the issue, asked questions, informed me that they were not the ones to activate phones and ended up transferring me back to rep who promptly turned around and sent me back to tech support and,upon discovering I was the one spoken to earlier transferred me back without saying another word,few hours had elapsed and last person I was spoke w/informed me that they were closing soon and that 3 more *** were being sent out. I asked if she could assure me that the new *** would be connected to the phones I purchased and the plans I paid for and if she could overnight them.she said yes they would work but no overnighting them, they should arrive by Fri. It was Sunday.3rd batch never arrived.3 weeks had gone by by this point. Fourth exchange, same deal, new *** being sent out.They didnt work.I called a few times for supervisor. I finally caught one, explained issue and asked to cancel and refund.She said she would refund for service.Never received it. Ive called for another mgr every day for wks.no luck!

R
PureTalk has left an official reply on this complaint.

PureTalk Pure Talk makes promises that they don't keep!

Pure Talk makes promises that they don't keep! I discovered PureTalk on the *** radio show, and it sounded too good to be true. But that is precisely what it is!Pure Talk offers the same coverage as other carriers but only a fraction of the price.I dealt with Sprint in the past, and they lied about how much my monthly *** was. So, when I found out it was $60.00, I saw red! Due to 3g networks becoming phased out and nearly defunct, many cell phones have become obsolete. Pure Talk offers "unlocked" 5g cell phones on their website. Since my Galaxy Note 9 was one of the victims, I had no other choice but to purchase an "unlocked, 5g" cell phone. So I was convinced to buy one. Unfortunately, I didn't have much choice, and I expected crucial phone calls from my CPA.I purchased the "One Plus" "Nord 100," and I have had nothing but trouble with it ever since I bought it after removing the cellophane from the box that it came in. I couldn't make a phone call from a grocery store 10 minutes from my house! When I went outside and took my puppy for a walk, less than 40 feet away from my door, my connection to the internet and *** was no longer accessible. When I tried to use the phone, I got an error message saying that the mobile network wasn't available.Through the process of elimination of contacting "Netgear," Xfinity/Comcast," and "One Plus" and using my g/f's iPhone, I discovered that the culprit was the "One Plus" "Nord 100" that is defective. So I did some troubleshooting with "One Plus" and have determined that the "Nord 100" is defective!They told me to contact the company where I purchased the 'Nord 100" from Pure Talk. So, on April 21, 2022, I reached "Pure Talk" and spoke to a manager named "***."He said that I would have 14 days to return the "Nord 100" and even sent me an email (attached) with the *** # *** posted on the outside of the box and stringent guidelines about security options turned off or they wouldn't accept it. Lies,...

PureTalk has left an official reply on this complaint.

PureTalk Visual Voicemail: It is ethically unacceptable to have call Pure Talk and be on hold for 2 hours only to reach a smug, black racists female not

Visual Voicemail: It is ethically unacceptable to have call Pure Talk and be on hold for 2 hours only to reach a smug, black racists female not the slightest bit interested in providing Pure Talk customer service to a paying white male customer. I waited in an annoying *** holding "JAIL" tank for 2 hours listening to garbage about 3g network which has nothing to do with why I called. After I finally got through I asked if I could provide my phone number because I have bee arbitrarily hung up on by Pure Talk in the past. It is also, not uncommon to have to explain and communicate the problem with some service representative who will let you expend considerable energy going over the problem for 10 minutes and then just say. "Oh, let me transfer you to technical support." Then, as was the case today, I reached a racists black female who refused to take my phone number in the event she wanted to just hang up on me since I am a white male. She even said that if we lose connection, that the calling demand is so high that she would not be able to call back. I bet she wouldn't treat a fellow black that way. Anyhow, all this s*** around wasting time, dealing with Pure Talk racists and all they had to do was turn on a visual voicemail feature at Pure talk. This can't be done at the user level. The reason for the call was to be able to see the number of phone, voicemail messages in the cue. This could not be achieved unless someone at Pure Talk was willing to do their job and select the radio button only in their Pure Talk software. In my case, I had to figure out what had to be done, negotiate with a racists black female, and then hope she would select the radio button without hanging up on me. It tool well over two hours to achieve this and Pure Talk should of selected the visual voicemail button from the get go when the voice mail service was purchased from them. What other services are racists, hard-to-reach- Pure Talk ambassadors depriving me of?

PureTalk has left an official reply on this complaint.

PureTalk I purchased 2 phones, both *** 5.4's, one for my wife and one for myself on 9/24

I purchased 2 phones, both *** 5.4's, one for my wife and one for myself on 9/24. We received the phones on 9/30 and set everything up. The phone purchased for me had issues right away. I thought initially it may just be to poor service, but over time I realized it was an issue with the phone and specifically, the microphone. When on a call, the person on the other side could not hear me even though I could hear them. I contacted the "help-desk" on 10/12, within the 14 window for having a phone replaced, and received a response from ***. She advised I call in to speak to one of PureTalk's "very capable" representatives. The first representative advised I clean the microphone with a Q-tip, restart it, and it should be fine. She didn't even ask what kind of phone I had. Obviously, that was horrible advice. I responded to *** on my open ticket, # ***, and didn't receive a response for a week. I emailed again and was again told to call in to one of the "very capable" representatives. This time I called in and spoke to A. Church, who assured me they would replace the phone after technical support deemed it defective. She transferred me to *** who tried calling me on the problem cell phone but couldn't hear me. For some reason I was transferred to ***, who was incredibly rude and after spending 30 minutes on hold more than once, she created a ticket, # ***, and said someone would call me within 72 hours. No one did. I called in today and spoke to 3 people, Sessly?, ***, and ***. *** said the ticket *** created contained no info. Not my name, not my phone make and model... nothing. She deemed the phone defective and transferred me back to customer service where I spoke with Shianne? who informed me that I was outside the return window and nothing could be done even though I first contacted the help desk on 10/12, 12 days after receiving the phone. She claims I needed to call in to customer service, not email them.

Z

PureTalk 2/2 ordered service

2/2 ordered service. Phone ended up being not compatible. Called for refund 2/16. Had additional charges made and To-Date - no refund. I was formerly using Straightalk phone service and decided to try Puretalk. I ordered the service on 2/2 by phone for $25.18 and was charged on my Sam's Club bill with auto pay. When I asked if my Android phone was compatible, I was told my phone WOULD BE compatible with their service. They sent me the chip to transfer the service. I tried to connect the phone and found out it was NOT compatible. I actually had to live without a phone for a number of days while trying to hook up the service and was unsuccessful. When I called Puretalk at XXX-XXX-XXXX about the difficulty I was having, they investigated and found that my phone was actually NOT compatible and I was told a refund was due me and it would manually be sent. I wanted it refunded back to my Sam's Club card, but was told they do not do refunds that way. They also could not give me back my original phone number (XXX-XXX-XXXX) and I had to sign up again with Straighttalk and get a new number (XXX-XXX-XXXX). I never received the refund and was billed on autopay on my Sam's Club bill on 3/15 for $21.98. While waiting for resolution for previous calls, I was billed AGAIN on 4/15 for $21.97. I called on 4/16 and spoke with Tracy who said she disconnected the auto pay and would file a ticket for a complete refund. I never received that refund either. I called AGAIN on 5/26. We were in the process of moving and I was highly stressed at the time I spoke with Gardenia. She said refunds were NOT guaranteed. REALLY! I literally had a melt down and could not believe I was paying for a service I could not use. She said it would be reviewed and gave me a ticket #XXXXXXX. She said no other tickets for this complaint were on file even though she had ALL my previous calls and complaints on file. She said I would get a call shortly and I have NOT yet received one. Thankfully, I was NOT billed on my June statement. Still, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY CALLBACK TO-DATE nor have I received any refund. I want a COMPLETE refund. It was NOT my fault the woman I talked to when ordering the service was incorrect when she said my phone was compatible and it was NOT. I have NEVER had to pay for a service I wasn't using before. By my accounting, the total due me is $69.13. Please help me get it back. Thank you, *** R. *** @ XXX-XXX-XXXX / (new address) *** NH XXXXX.

PureTalk has left an official reply on this complaint.

PureTalk Was looking to exchange newly purchased phone

Was looking to exchange newly purchased phone. Then denied exchange after being told that I would be able to exchange phone. Account number XXXXXXXXXXX. Ticket number XXXXXXX. After receiving 2 newly purchased phones. My wife Tara called Pure Talk to see if I would be able to exchange 1 of the 2 new phones we bought. I wanted to exchange the I phone xr I purchased in blue for the same model in white. My wife was told over the phone that we could exchange it and the white I phone would also be at the same price. (on promotion $250 off). To exchange we would have ship the blue phone back, then order the white I phone for the discounted price. I called later in the day (10/1) after we shipped the blue I phone back to Pure Talk. I was told by another associate in customer service I couldn't order the white I phone until they received the original which could take at least two weeks, but I would be notified by email then. After 2 weeks I did not get notified but noticed the credit to the account of the card I paid with. So I called Pure Talk to order the white I phone xr at the same price I bought the original blue one. On 10/16 I was told that the information I had was wrong information. She would not able to sell me the phone at the promotional price, I could only buy it full price. After over a 40 minute call mostly being on hold. I was told a supervisor would call me. I did not receive a call from one. The following week my wife calls and speaks with an associate by the name of Raven, and she as well after being on hold for extended amounts of time was told that they had to get help from their I T department to help remedy the situation. Their last call was 10/23 and my wife was told a supervisor will call her Monday 10/26 (assuming with a resolution). Neither my wife or myself have spoken to anyone from Pure Talk since. Its now November 1st and what seems like a nightmare situation has been going on for over a month now with no resolution. This has been worst interaction I have ever had with any company. This process has been extremely frustrating and seems as if no one is willing to help. The long waits and customer service not offering any resolution without help from a supervisor you cant talk to and do not get a call back from. This has been very frustrating and I don't think a company should be able to tell you that you can do something, then later say that it was wrong information and not do anything to correct it. Its not my fault we were told incorrectly. If I was told I couldn't exchange the original phone in the first place I would have kept it. Not returned it and paid for shipping out of my pocket. To wind up with no new phone. This process has been long and annoying. These are terrible business practices and the treatment and lack of follow through by this company creates such a poor experience for the customer. I shouldn't have to speak with so many people and have to hold for hours over the course of all of our calls to have a issue resolved because of their error.

G
PureTalk has left an official reply on this complaint.

PureTalk I am trying to get PureTalk to get a local number for my son's cell phone, since the number provided is long distance from my land line

I am trying to get PureTalk to get a local number for my son's cell phone, since the number provided is long distance from my land line. Account #XXXXXXXXXXXX I decided to activate my son's phone for the first time with PureTalk before switching the rest of the family to PureTalk. I entered my WA ZIP code but was assigned an OR number, so it is long distance for me to call his number. I figured PureTalk would be a cut above Tracfone, who had switched an OR number to a WA number for me in the past. So I called PureTalk to get the number changed to one that is local to us. I first asked 1) why they would charge me the $10 fee when they were the ones that assigned the number out of my area as well as 2) why they would not want to waive it in order when the potential of the rest my family's phone business with PureTalk is at stake. I cannot reall whether got an answer on a waiver because it was overshadowed when I was told that there was no way to guarantee a number local to me. I asked if I could just enter a different ZIP code, but she seemd to have no idea about that. To be clear, 1) she was very nice about the whole thing, and 2) I made a point of telling her that none of this was her fault; it is something faulty in the system design. After talking to her supervisor, though, she was clear on one thing: if we request a number change, the area code and prefix would again be randomly selected. That would be fine, so long as they are local to me, but she and her supervisor seemed to be unaware how to even recommend a ZIP code to use. The solution to this breakdown in customer service is quite simple: someone in PureTalk support should have taken enough interest in how their own system works to be able to recommend a ZIP code for me to enter that would allocate a number that is local to my land line. But since they could not do that, I did half the work for them in the last hour and eventually found a tool listing all prefixes local to me here: https://localcallingguide.com/lprefix.php?exch=XXXXXX&dir=. We have gotten other recent cell phone numbers allocated in XXX-XXX-, a combination which is on that list. While I understand that PureTalk cannot simply ask for a specific number or even area code/prefix combination, they explicitly told me it is a consequence of the ZIP code entered. How hard can it be for PureTalk to query their own database to correlate ZIP codes entered with auto-assigned phone numbers? In fact, why is such a tool not already available to PureTalk support staff as part of their ERP? Probably more importantly, why is PureTalk willing to write off five or six potential more phones being moved to their service for lack of curiosity about or willingness to solve this problem? This is not a formal complaint regarding the wrong area code on the first round, since that is almost certainly defined by AT&T. Certainly, PureTalk could have done better by ensuring that their database at least points to the right state. But I cannot understand why there is a big black hole regarding how to use their own system to figure this out when I, as an ignorant consumer, was able to do half the job for them in an hour. In the end, the service seems reasonably good in our area and the price is fair, so I will not drop PureTalk service for my son's line over this. But Puretalk could win both my future recommendation to others and the rest of the family's business if they can demonstrate that they are interested and willing enough to do what should be a small amount of research within their own system: figure out what ZIP code will generate only numbers local to me and step through the process of allocating a new phone number using that ZIP code. And I would recommend that their in-house ERP developers develop a tool that can do this easily in the future.

Overview of PureTalk customer experience

PureTalk has been the subject of numerous consumer complaints, with customers reporting poor customer service, billing issues, and unreliable coverage. Customers have reported difficulty contacting customer service representatives and long wait times. Many have also reported unexpected charges on their bills and difficulty resolving billing disputes. Additionally, some customers have complained about dropped calls and poor signal quality. Overall, these issues have led to a negative reputation for PureTalk among consumers.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

PureTalk contacts