Menu

complaints

Ultra Mobile Complaints Summary

15 Resolved
7 Unresolved
Our verdict: With a good resolution rate, Ultra Mobile generally handles customer issues well. However, it’s important to be proactive. Familiarize yourself with their processes and services. Reading through various customer experiences will provide valuable insights into how they handle complex issues.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Ultra Mobile has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Ultra Mobile. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Ultra Mobile complaints 22

Sort by:

Newest Ultra Mobile complaints

7:10 pm EST

Ultra Mobile Ultra Unlimited Data sim

Hi, I am Faraz my mobile number [protected],I came from London on 12th december. Bought the ultra sim for $60 as it says unlimted on the packet. But today i was in middle of Newyork suddenly I have got message saying that my internet has been finish but I bought unlimited. Also I have called the customer service they weren't helpful at all. I am pissed off because coming from uk I didnt expect this kind of customer service for Ultra mobile. I am going to attach my bank transaction also the sim packet. My email address is [protected]@gmail.com. I hope i get a resolution for it.

Claimed loss: $60

Desired outcome: Provide the Data or refund.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Ultra Mobile representatives only. If you are affiliated with Ultra Mobile, please claim your business to access these details.

5:38 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I renewed my plan by ultra mobile app on 11/2. It did not work. Called the call centre and was told that payment not received. Advised to try again through app. Tried. Failed. Got the remarks upon renewal as follows. "You don't have payment due at this moment". Means I was unable to repay. Thought of waiting some time may be my transaction is in Q. Now...

9:30 pm EDT

Ultra Mobile Prepaid mobile plane $19

I have recharge my ultra mobile prepaid plan on 08/14/2023 at 10:48AM through simple mobile , but my line was deducted and not recharged till now. I have file a complaint in simple mobile also. They resolved the issue by saying this: We confirmed that your payment was sent to Ultra Mobile. However, we have found that you have paid for incorrect plan. Your number, [protected] is under the Ultra $24 Monthly plan, but you have paid for $19 Monthly plan. That's why your plan is not active at the moment. Please contact Ultra Mobile customer service to change the plan to $19 Monthly plan. Your Ultra Mobile account has $19 on account balance.

Kindly return my money back or I will pay $5 more yo continue the service. Kindly resolve this issue

Thanks and regards

Is Ultra Mobile legit?

Our verdict: Ultra Mobile has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Ultra Mobile's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Ultra Mobile can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Ultra Mobile earns 97% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Ultra Mobile achives 97% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Ultra Mobile. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and email, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Ultra Mobile has received 2 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Ultra Mobile has claimed the domain name for ultramobile.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Ultramobile.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Ultra Mobile website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

We looked up Ultra Mobile and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Ultra Mobile protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Ultra Mobile. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
T
12:49 pm EDT

Ultra Mobile SIM Card Activation

Hi,

I purchased Ultra Mobile Sim Card through your website with Order Number UM135902. But subsequently, when I am trying to activate it(08/12/23), I am unable to do so. The information on the SIM card(file attached) clearly states the following:

SIM Code: 9FFF392EB93

Activate by date: 07/02/2024

The chat representative was of absolutely no help(he mentioned that I have to activate within 45 days). I have no idea where this 45 days is coming from since the SIM Card shows Activate by date: 07/02/2024. Please note that I already paid $ 120 for this service and now I am unable to activate it. The card activation date is what I have been tracking since I purchased this card.

I am looking for some resolution to assist with this issue.

Desired outcome: -Please activate sim card- Or Please refund

View 0 more photos
8:02 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ultra Mobile Broken payment system on Ultra Mobile, dishonest customer service, no accountability.

On July 17, 2023, I got a text message from Ultra Mobile, telling me that my play would expire July 20. I had $15 in my Ultra Mobile "wallet" but that wasn't enough to cover the cost of the "Walmart" monthly plan I was on. This text from Ultra Mobile (in June, after I added the initial $15 to the wallet) shows that balance:

============

Ultra Wallet Balance: $15.

INTL Call Credit: $0.

Renewal Balance: $0.

INTL Roaming: $0.

Your Ultra Walmart 3GB | 1 Month Ultra Plan expires on Jun 19, 2023 at 11:59 PM PT.

============

I received a separate text from Ultra. I've cut and paste it here:

============

Your Ultra Mobile Plan expires 7/20/2023 at 11:59 PM PT. Please make a payment of $4.88 plus applicable taxes and fees to maintain service. Renew at https://my.ultramobile.com/t/CV9PSsNVcoP-hm/recharge

============

So, even though they're explicitly telling me here that I can make a payment of "$4.88 plus applicable taxes and fees" and that doing so will allow me to "maintain service," I found that to be patently false. As soon as I try to actually make that payment, I'm informed that the minimum amount I can add to the wallet is $10 (actually $11.21 once they've added their "taxes and fees"). So, their email was effectively a bald-faced lie, which apparently, they routinely tell their customers.

So, now my wallet has a balance of $25. Since my monthly Walmart plan costs $21.52 (after taxes and fees), I am now allowed use my wallet balance to pay that $21.52 for my next month of service, which begins 7/20/2023. The transaction appears to complete without a hitch. The screen shows that the $21.52 was deducted from my wallet balance of $25. Then I get this text from Ultra Mobile:

============

$10 has been added to your Ultra Wallet. Add more 5G • 4G LTE Data or INTL Call Credit at https://my.ultra.me or text UPINTL or UPDATA to 6700.

$19.88 has been credited to your Renewal Balance. It will be automatically applied to your next monthly renewal on Jul 20, 2023.

============

Everything looked fine, but soon after all this, I see that my bank has just sent me a couple emails showing charges on my debit card from Ultra Mobile for ($21.52), along with the amount ($11.21) which I had just added to the wallet so that I could use it to pay for my plan.

So, obviously, something had gone wrong, or maybe it was intentional, I can only speculate, but basically, Ultra had asked me to make a small payment into my wallet, telling me I could then use my wallet funds to pay for my plan. Next, they tell me that they were lying to me, and that actually, they need $10 plus taxes and fees for the wallet. So I pay it. Next they tell me I can use those funds to pay for the plan, which I do. Next they (absolutely without my permission) charge my debit card for the plan payment.

Next I do the online chat thing with their customer service, and they lie to me by telling me that I cannot use my wallet funds to pay for a Walmart plan. I reply back that I was asked to make a payment into my wallet so that I could use my wallet to pay for my plan (see the text above, asking me to make a payment of $$4.88 into my wallet), and that I have the proof.

Next, I called the number provided by the chat person, and the person I spoke with told me that they were aware of a system problem which was charging people's cards, even though they had sufficient funds in their wallet, and they were applying those funds to pay for their plans. When I said that I needed that mistake to be corrected by cancelling the charge agains my debit card, or by getting a prompt refund, he told me that he could not refund the amount paid, because I had already used part of the plan. I told him that he was incorrect, given that the plan would begin on 7/20/2023 (two days from now). Later he repeated the claim that he could not refund the bogus charge because I had already used part of the plan. I had to tell him the same thing again, that he was wrong, since the payment was for the next monthly period, which had not even started.

What a mess! They have a broken system, (presuming that it is not actually a scam) which asks you to send them money, promising that it can be used to pay for your plan, but knowing full well, that their broken system will take your money (after lying to you) tell you that you can now use to use it to pay for your plan, act like it's doing exactly that, lie to you about the amount being taken from your wallet, then surreptitiously charge your bank account again for money you have already paid (into the wallet, to use to pay for you plan). They they will lie to you if you contact them to report what happened and get your money back. It's outrageous! They are dishonest before they take your money and after they have taken it. Liars on the front end as well as the back end.

Desired outcome: Give prompt refunds to those who have had funds stolen from their bank accounts. Prosecute the company for fraud, given the constant dishonesty and false statements flowing from the company.

View 0 more photos
KristKat13
Cambridge, US
Sep 02, 2023 12:50 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Helped someone with a phone and initial payment, and made sure to NOT SAVE my debit card info, because I would not be using this phone. 3 charges were made in the past 3 days for data on my debit card that was NEVER Authorized to be retained in that phones account. Customer service line is useless, calling me "Hey lady" and when I asked to be transferred to the US, that's not an option. Asked her to email a manager but the customer service call center doesn't use email. Told me to have my bank refund, but why? Ultra mobile retained my debit card information without permission and never even required the security code on the card for these data refills. TERRIBLE! Now I have to write an old fashioned letter and mail it to dispute. Tip top others: use a low balance prepaid card to avoid ultra mobile allowing anyone to make charges on your account.

I
4:18 pm EDT

Ultra Mobile Ultra mobile number is hacked by someone

I am with this phone company more than 4 years my phone was hacked by someone, I reported 100 no one never do nothing they switch my number to another name, now every time I call someone recorded me, because I am in worker compensation, someone keeps stealing everything I got, and used this phone number to hacked on my identity [protected]

Ultra Mobile has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ultra Mobile I ordered 2 SIM & service cards from ultra Mobile on 5/1 the funds cleared the 5/3

I ordered 2 SIM & service cards from ultra Mobile on 5/1 the funds cleared the 5/3. Before ordering I confirmed that the serial numbers to both of the phones were compatible. BUT once I received them I tried to set up each phone but after 3 hours with customer service I had no luck with either phone. So I sent emails two different times, because by phone its always a 45min wait to talk to somebody so after no reply to the emails I called again on June 1st and waited the the hour to speak with someone and was told that I would get my refund in 2 to 3 days once approved after a 10 day review because it had been 30 days since my inital order even though I did not get them for 8-10 days after the fact. So I waited and still I never heard anything back, so on June 17th I called AGAIN and after over an hour they said they couldn't find any refund request so it took 2.5 hrs for them to create ANOTHER request for a refund and AGAIN said it would be 2-3days for the refund and im still waiti

Read full review of Ultra Mobile and 3 comments

3 comments
D
D
D. Wiegand
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I paid for a 12 month subscription to ultra mobile it was just under $130. I bought it because there website said they serviced my area. Upon getting the sim card I tried to establish service and while doing so the customer service rep that I was working with said that ultra mobile had terrible service where I live at. I immediately asked to cancel the service and get a refund. They refused to issue the refund even though they lied about the service availability on the website and I never used the service.

A. Romaguera
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

August 30, 2022 Unauthorized charge.Someone used my card to make a payment, I dont even have Ultra Mobile. The charge was for a total of $20.63.

M. McDermott
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have endured countless days, accumulated hours, with Mint Mobile's rancid helpdesk. I was promised a free iphone 13pro & carrier service by one of its supervisors , *** id#***, on July 19th during a grueling 3 hours call standoff. He stated I would be compensated after I had received a new sim card. IT was the ONLY thing that calmed me down after spending weeks troubleshooting a phone that was known to be incompatible after speaking with the *** It took a full month before I finaly reached the technical department to address my service issues properly. They NEVER contacted me, I had to reach them via the chat after wasting days trying to have this addressed. The professionalism of this call center can't be compared. Their Complaintsboard.com rating of an "F" is - unprecedented.I undersand that UltraMobile Own MintMobile. My *** date is about to end and i have yet to have the capability to use this carrier.

Ultra Mobile Dear,I hereby request the reactivation of my line number ***

Dear,I hereby request the reactivation of my line number ***.In contact via Customer Support Chat, I was informed that for the second time my line was blocked due to suspected fraud (customer service chat record attached). Where the attendant *** informed me that It depends on the issue but we have reasons from the bank, for example if one charge was asked to be refunded with a chargeback request from your bank this can also be a reason since it can be under investigation. That is, either the dealer *** Batalha received my payment of $90.00 made via Zelle (proof attached), made the payment through the system and then requested a refund (reinforcing: as can be verified by the attached payment receipt).Therefore, the only way to unblock the line is to call ***, a contact number where no one answers. And after several attempts, for more than 15 minutes of waiting on the phone, the call simply ended. I cannot solve the problem.So I ask for support. Thank you!

Read full review of Ultra Mobile and 3 comments

3 comments
L. Abshire
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On 4/11/2022, I and my husband tried to transfer our mobile number from Ultra Mobile to Spectrum Mobile. My husband ported out his number smoothly from Ultra Mobile but, my one ***, account#: *** could not be transferred to Spectrum Mobile. My husband and me used the same address since we registered Ultra Mobile, however, Ultra Mobile refused to port out only my number to Spectrum Mobile due to zip code error. I tried both previous and current address. Even I called Ultra and made them sure to update my current address. But, I could not port out my number and they cannot explain why they have not released my number. While I kept trying to port out and failed to transfer my number, it passed the renewal date and I should renew my monthly payment on 4/14/2022 by $15. Still I cannot port out and my number is still tied up to Ultra Mobile. If I want to keep my number I have to use Ultra Mobile service. It is unfair and was unknown when I purchased this plan from Ultra Mobile. If I knew this port out service would be poor like this, I would not have used this plan from Ultra Mobile

B. Parisian
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have tried to port a number to Ultra Mobile. I have been trying since May 17, 2022. They charged me already for the Sim card and first month. The have not accepted the port from my old carrier which did release the number and do a manual override to make it happened. Ultra Mobile, then claimed they had problems porting the number, had to report it again, missed up because there is no pin number on the land line I am porting. Now they want me to pay for another month and still have not ported the number. When I ask for a supervisor they refuse to transfer me to anyone but a man who only speaks Chinese. I want a refund for my sim card buy and first month money. The Sim card number is ***, the phone number in question is ***. I also want an investigation into why they are holding up ports to there company and then trying to shake down the people for additional month when there was no service Via there company.

M. Reinger
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Recently I had a need to get my calling record from December to January 2022 from my service provider- Ultra Mobile. Instead of sending me the calling record like other phone companies do, Ultra Mobile asked me to go to law enforcement agencies and asked the law enforcement officers to call and get my calling record from them? What is going on with Ultra Mobile? They treated me like as if my phone has involved in any kind of unlawful activities. I feel my right has been violated. I just simply need to get my calling record.Thank you for helping me resolve this.

Ultra Mobile I am a client of UltraMobile for 7+ years

I am a client of UltraMobile for 7+ years.On May this year I have been outside *** and bought roaming credit for total of 70$. (20$+20$+20$+10$)Roaming credits enabling me to call to my family in *** and receive calls. (Not to confuse with Data)To my surprise all the money I payed vanished again and again from my account without me talking. or talking for few seconds)I am using the roaming for many years with the very same phone (very old), and this never happened to *** called to Ultramobile and asked for explanations. I asked from the associate to please check how many minutes I have called while I was abroad. He refuse. I opened my phone and calculated the seconds from the history. But he did not answer.I explained that I am using roaming for many years and it didn't happened. And again de did not answer.I begged, PLEASE explain. PLEASE check for your self and tell me how many minutes I talked. And he refused.Eventually, he disrespectfully shut the phone without warning.Please return me my 70$ you took from me.

A. Heidenreich
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On January 2nd I placed an order with ultra mobile which a rude angry representative then cancelled the next day without consent from me. The order was never sent and no refund given back to my account still to date. I have called countless times being lied to and run around with no progress made even the supervisors have lied to me. After 2.5 months and counting they still have my money and I have had no service or product from them which they know. I am done dealing with such people who are rude and always lying. I need help getting this company to give my money back and to not be able to do this to others. This is criminal behavior at this point and they have no rights to still have my money.

Ultra Mobile has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ultra Mobile FAKE REVIEWS AND ATROCIOUS SERVICE !

FAKE REVIEWS AND ATROCIOUS SERVICE ! AVOID ! I paid for 12 months of service from ultra mobile $144.69 with unlimited calling and text and 2 gig data and calls to 80 calls countries.Since getting the sim the data did not work, the calls kept dropping and the call quality was terrible so others could not hear me. After wasting several hours on phone with no help and no service and managers failing to call back repeatedly i asked for a refund. I spoke to someone two days ago who failed to process the refund and then spoke to DOROTHY supervisor who raised a ticket and informed she would call back to confirm refund. She never did and I wasted more time calling customer services who had no record of the refund. I want my $144.69 refunded immediately. Ultra mobile is not legitimate. Others beware - the company is dishonest and the service is terrible. Utlra mobile is the same company as Mint mobile and they are a scam. There are plenty of other honest companies out there. What a nightmare. They simply cannot be trusted.

E
E
E. Emard
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They charge me $73.98 Dec, 14 2020 as continue another same plan had used since Jan, I found out later that they lowered down my internet to no connection at all that I didnt experience before so I call Dec 29/30 to cancel the service if you cant improve. They first said to full refund but then later respond that I have to use another 6 months of this so called month to month plan. So I filed dispute with Chase on Jan 9th, till today Feb 5th Chase told me they cant do nothing until response from investigation from Ultramobile. How come they dont respond that my dispute almost filed a month ago ?

I
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ultra Mobile On 4/11/2022, I and my husband tried to transfer our mobile number from Ultra Mobile to Spectrum Mobile

Ultra Mobile has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ultra Mobile We have a phone service plan for a full year, and we paid a full 300 dollars

We have a phone service plan for a full year, and we paid a full 300 dollars. Our account got suspended and we couldn't receive a call and we couldn't call anyone. We called in and the agent said we exceeded our minutes and accused us of using our personal phone number for business. On the plan it said that we had unlimited talk and call time, but they put us on a limit. We were recommended by someone in the company to use this plan because of the unlimited minutes. We told the agent that this was a false advertisement, and he agreed. They didn't solve the problem and blamed it on the system. This happened more than once, and they keep blaming it on the system. We were recommended to this plan by an agent when this problem occurred with a different plan. If there is an emergency with my kids at school, I won't be able to receive the call. Are they responsible for the cause of it? What do we do? We just want to be able to use our phone, and be able to use it everyday. Its a simple request but the agents didn't solve it, and hung up our phone twice. If they don't let us be able to use our phone to call people, we want the refund of the amount we paid.

T
Ultra Mobile has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ultra Mobile On March 10th, 2022 I bought a sim pack from Ultra Mobile website for Order number UM113176, for a 3GB *** Kit 3-month-plan

On March 10th, 2022 I bought a sim pack from Ultra Mobile website for Order number UM113176, for a 3GB *** Kit 3-month-plan.For $74.04 including taxes.I contacted the merchant on March 16 to activate the *** and they explained that my phone was not compatible.There was no mention during the purchase on March 10th that there might be an issue with my phone. I used previous *** card from Ultra Mobile until December . After which I was traveling and discontinued service until march 14, 2022.It turns out Ultra Mobile updated their *** cards for 5G network. They didn't didn't disclose clearly on the purchase page to check for compatibilty prior to purchasing the ***, as it turns out my phone is not compatible with the new *** card package I purchased.When I called Ultra Mobile, they refused to resolve the problem by accepting me to return the *** card and get reimbursed for the purchase. Alternatively I asked that they transfer my plan (3-month package) to my previous ultra account (previous *** I was using until dec 2021) which they refused to do as well claiming it was not possible.I want to be reimbursed for my purchase and return the *** card I can not use.

C

Ultra Mobile I terminated the UltraMobile service after less than a month

I terminated the UltraMobile service after less than a month. I paid the first month service but they would not return the money I put in the Wallet which was to pay for subsequent monthly services. My number with UltraMobile was ***.UltraMobile created something called "Wallet" to *** consumer's money without informing them that the money will not be refundable. And this practice is probably only agreed and informed within their accounting department. Because after the representative gladly issued the credit on the Wallet back to me, the actual refund was denied by the accounting department. When they argue money in the Wallet are money already used to purchase service, they are abusing the usage of Wallet. Because money in the Wallet are used to pay subsequent monthly services which are not due yet. If they want to define Wallet differently, they should have warned consumers that money deposited into Wallet are not refundable. Then I am sure people will not freely deposit money when they do not need the money yet. There is no place in their term and condition that states money in Wallet is not refundable. https://www.ultramobile.com/mobile-plans-terms-conditions/

Ultra Mobile has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ultra Mobile On 11/9, a wireless service plan featuring 'buy 6 month get 6 month free' was purchased at $113.42

On 11/9, a wireless service plan featuring 'buy 6 month get 6 month free' was purchased at $113.42. On 12/2, the plan was activated. Before activation, ultra mobile website showed great coverage with my address and phone model. However often got "No service available". Had to reboot phone or reinsert SIM card to get service back. "No service available" got more frequently seen, contacted customer service on 2/1 (or 2/2), the agent told me my area did not have good coverage, and no fix for "No service available" issue. After confirmed with her that I could get refund for the remaining unused 4 months, she submitted refund request for me, and I started process to switch back to my old carrier. On 2/6, transferred back to my old carrier. Called in week later to check the refund status, the agent submitted the request again. On 2/28, called again, the agent told me the refund request was rejected due to passed 45 days deadline. Transferred to supervisor, same answer, though expressed sorry for my situation - online showed great coverage but in reality poor coverage, incorrect information on the refund provided by agent. So $113.42 was spent just for 2 months (with poor service) instead of 12 months. Thanks!

Ultra Mobile In July, I began a phone service plan with Mint Mobile

In July, I began a phone service plan with Mint Mobile. I came over with my own phone and was sent a new sim card. It did not work in my phone and I was sent two more. I was told to go into a service center used by Mint to ask for help. The rep said I should switch to Ultra. Ultra was the parent company and each time we called Mint, the recording would say, "You've reached Ultra Mobile." I paid for a year in advance in order to have a cheaper plan. I was given a new sim card at the store. The phone worked for local calls. However, from July to now, I have had nothing but problems with Ultra. I was told that I needed to buy a phone from Ultra which I did. However, after three different sim cards, I still do not have a CONSISTENT wireless service. I have called numerous times to inform Ultra that the brand new phone-1) Cuts off when traveling in my car, 2) Does not work in rural communities of Michigan, 3) Often will not allow for calls or texts-says "you are not on a registered network. 4) Does not allow for data use only works with WiFi. All that I ask is a refund of the remaining months of service. I have called Ultra almost daily since July to complain about the lack of service. They have basically said that they have my money now, they don't care about poor customer service and this is out and out fraud. I would like my money back for the months of December to June so that I may go to a reputable company that will have working phone service in the state of Michigan.

Ultra Mobile has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ultra Mobile I was a customer of *** for 8+ years !

I was a customer of *** for 8+ years ! Very recently, on December 28, I ported my number from Ultra to T-Mobile.I have had my auto-pay enrollments enabled for A LONG TIME which processes a 3-month auto-payment plan, and was set to renew on December 24. However, on December 22 - I already called Ultra to request my account number and port out PIN - and told their customer service to cancel auto-pay as I would be moving out of this service soon.That was not done, and on December 24th, the auto-pay kicked in and I got renewed for 3 more months of service. The payment was pending in my Credit Card, so I could not dispute it right-away. After porting my number (this was an instantaneous process), I was unable to access my Ultra Mobile account using my email / password (no idea why that should be barred) and customer support is un-willing to refund me even unused-credits or absolutely any money - for almost 86 days of unused service.They also said that they will escalate to Manager and that the Manager is busy and I would expect a call-back, but no call back was received. I even tried disputing this with my *** and the Ultra Mobile merchant has denied that as well. For being 8 years a customer ( my spouse is still a customer of *** ), I feel cheated and absolutely tormented by this poor customer support for a legitimate case. I have not only recommended Ultra Mobile to my friends, but also enrolled my wife into Ultra for a year now - all of this for facing a poor customer service who will not help out a legitimate reason.

Ultra Mobile has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ultra Mobile I had purchased and used 2 phone plans with Ultra Mobile since 2021 with no issues

I had purchased and used 2 phone plans with Ultra Mobile since 2021 with no issues. In January, I decided to switch phone providers (for work reasons), and I called customer support to terminate at least a couple weeks prior to the start of the next renewal cycle (note: there is no way to terminate and transfer a number without actually speaking to customer service). I called customer service to terminate my services, and I transferred one of the line to the other provider. I no longer need the second line number. The customer service person I spoked to told me the plans were canceled and it was a good process.On Feb 20, I was charged an additional $135.40, Apparently the customer service rep did not actually close the account, and the auto-pay was triggered on the line that I did not move. When I called customer support back, they said they could not do anything but that if I disputed the charge with the card company this would resolve the matter (This turned out to not be true and at that point customer service could have reversed the charge). *** is trying to overturn my dispute saying that had a contract right to charge me even after I was told by their service representative that the services were terminated. This is fraud and deceptive practices. They should have informed me if I need to go into their system and take more actions to completely terminate their services. Customer support was deceptive by telling me to dispute the charge even though they could have taken the charge off. Customer support is an international call center with no ability to speak to a higher level manager.

O
Ultra Mobile has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ultra Mobile Back in November I purchased the six month plan with six month free plan through Ultra Mobile

Back in November I purchased the six month plan with six month free plan through Ultra Mobile. It was my plan to see how this plan would work and I could then continue using the service. All was going fine until the six months were up at the end of May . As of June 1st my phone service was canceled and I have been calling the company since to get it turned back on. The first time I called on June 1st it was promised that my phone would be back on within 24-48 hours. Unfortunately that did not happen. Two days later I called again and was told the same thing. The third time I called and spoke with a supervisor who informed me that it would be taken care of within five to ten minutes. Unfortunately my service was still not turned back on. I called again on Friday, June 5th and was told again by a supervisor that within five to ten minutes it would be back on. Since this was a weekend I had to wait until Monday, the 8th to call again. I spoke with the company twice on this day (I was even told I would be given a $5 credit for all of the aggravation). The last supervisor actually disconnected my call at 9pm (the time that they leave for the evening). First thing this morning I called again but this time I was told that it would take 24-48 hours and I should never have been told it could be done right away. It should have been done right away since it was their error. It seems that everyone in the company is on different pages - each call cost me 30-45 minutes of hold time with different responses every time. I believe this company owes me a refund or my six months plus an additional 3-6 months for this unjustified interruption.

Ultra Mobile has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ultra Mobile Back in 2021, *** subscribed for *** services and 50GB mobile data plan with Ultra Mobile / UVNV

Back in 2021, *** subscribed for *** services and 50GB mobile data plan with Ultra Mobile / UVNV. Everything was working fine and nothing was to complain about.At some point plan was discontinued. And on February 26 2022 I decided to subscribe to similar plan with *** using my *** Debit card.(Confirmation is shown as 2022 40GB Plan)Om March 6 2022 my Internet Stopped working, 10GB Limit is Reached message displayed.(Screen shoot attached) And I upgraded to best plan they offered, 60GB of fast data. As I did, I have noticed a message popped, telling my *** Debit was charged $132.81. I found it unusual and went to check my bank statements.As I found out, my *** card was charged $132.81 on March 6 2022 and $505.02 back on February 26 2022. Ultramobile Website crafted in the way that it does not give you amount it will charge your bank. It was a total surprise as in the past, they charged me on monthly basis. (Bank statements and Ultra Mobile Order Ids are attached)Next day March 7th I've called Ultra Mobile *** asking to refund Order ID amount $505.02 and Order ID amount 132.81.Ultra Mobile customer service rep had explained: Nothing can be done about those order Ids.Same day March 7th I wrote a letter and mailed it to UVNV customer service asking for refund.(Copy of a Letter and Proof of delivery on March 9 2022 is attached.)On March 22nd 2022, when I reached limit of 20GB for the month on my data plan,I have transferred my phone number *** to another carrier.Next day March 23rd I've called UVNV again. They verified my info, explained that I will be getting refund, asked to verify my *** Debit first 6 digits and last 4 digits number. *** representative had explained, that it will take 48 Hrs to complete transaction.Today is March 31 2022 I didn't get refund. UVNV customer service unable to help.And I am asking to help me in this matter

Overview of Ultra Mobile customer experience

Ultra Mobile has been receiving numerous complaints from dissatisfied customers. Users have reported issues with their data plans wherein they are charged for services they did not subscribe to. Some faced problems with their international roaming services while in other countries. The customer service has been described as unhelpful and unresponsive. There are frequent reports of poor call quality and connectivity issues. The tone of a lot of complaints is that Ultra Mobile's service is sub-par and unreliable. Overall, if you are considering Ultra Mobile as your service provider, it is important to be aware of these issues before making a decision.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Ultra Mobile contacts