Pure Medical SpaI went to my appt, and they were closed

After paying in full ($1500.00) for six laser hair removal treatments, I showed up for my second appointment with Pure Med Spa Laser Hair Removal in the Redondo Beach Galleria only to find they were closed and the telephone disconnected. The mall information desk said the mall managers were try to find out what was happening as well. I came accross this web site while trying to find the coroprate office's number. If anyone out there can help me please contact me [protected]@yahoo.com
I want my money back!!!

nonamesplease Apr 20, 2010

I just called to confirm my laser hair removal appointment for tomorrow (which they normally call me) and the phone number was disconnected. A employee there had told me the same thing... to try and get all of my treatments done before May because she hadn't been paid in weeks and had her rumors of bankruptcy. The problem was, with LHR, you can only go every six weeks and vein treatment, only every few months. So I am SOL!!! If anyone hears anything new or any advice, please let me know! [email protected] Thanks!

anonymousss Apr 12, 2010

Hi everyone, I know what happened. I talked to someone who works there (I don't want to say who) and they said the company was being bought out by someone else and in transition, the company decided to stop paying its employees so they finally stopped showing up after several weeks of not being paid. It's the owners' fault, not the employees. I have been going there for over 2 years with wonderful results and the people have been great to me. The takeover should be happening very soon but I don't know what will happen with the locations. I also have about 4 appointments left that I have paid for but the employee said the new company plans on honoring people's packages that they have paid for. Let's hope this happens. This is all the info I have, and I probably am not even supposed to know that much, which is why I am withholding my name and the people who I got info from. Hope this helps everyone...

• Mi
    MISTY SCHLEGEL Apr 09, 2010

I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING. HERE IS MY E MAIL: [email protected] I WILL BE STARTING LOCALLY IN THE PORTLAND AREA. BACPOO, THANKS FOR THE INFO. MANY OF US WERE BURNED AND I AM ****** OFF ENOUGH TO TRY TO GET THE MEDIA INVOLVED.

• Bc
    BCPerez Apr 06, 2010

Hi, I am having similar problems. I have given this people about $5000, and I am not half way through treatment yet. I have called all of the Pure Med Spa locations in Northern CA and finally one answered (all the others are closing down). The one that I was able to go through had a nice manager, and considering that these people seem to be going out of business, it was amazing that she was trying to help me. I guess she knew that I realized that this wasn't her fault and she helped me out. She told me that their store will probably be closing in 4 weeks, and that will be the end of the Northern CA stores. I would suggest that you contact some consumerwatch in your area. Here is a link: http://cbs5.com/consumer/Contact.ConsumerWatch.2.564110.html There is an 800 number that you can call and volunteers that know about these cases will give you advice. They work M-F from 11am to 1pm. I think that if enough of us complain, they (the CBS5 t.v.) will go after them and expose them on television. Not good rep, but we gotta do what we gotta do to get our money back. Here is my email if I may help you in some other way: [email protected]

• Fl
    flor Apr 05, 2010

You are not the only one. I went there today for my appointment and they were closed again. They've been re-scheduling me from time to time and I am getting frustrated about this. Because I paid them since Feb 24 for usd300.00 and up to now no service has never been done for me. And you're so right, the phone was disconnected and no I've been researching for anyone that I can contact and I came across to your message. I cannot believe this place. I am really dissapointed and wasting my time going back and forth, waiting for them to open but no outcome. I cannot believe it. I also want my money as well. What do you think what we should do?
    Contct me at [email protected] so we can share our problem so we can solve this.
    Looking forward to your e-mail as well.