Having problems with Sorbet Group?

Sorbet Group Customer Service Contacts

+27 11 202 7940 (Support)
+27 21 434 3902 (Cape Town)
1-8th avenue, CNR Wessels Rd., Rivonia
Johannesburg
South Africa
Johannesburg Support Office
1-8th Avenue, CNR Wessels Rd, Rivonia

Cape Town Regional Office
Suite 102, The Regent, 19-33 Regent Road, Sea Point

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sorbet Group Customer Service. Initial Sorbet Group complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sorbet Group above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sorbet Group. Discuss the issues you have had with Sorbet Group and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Sorbet GroupCompact facial Cleanser

I bought this product from clicks in greenstone, charged it for the recommended 4 hours till the light switched off, while using it the first time it switched off every 30sec and I had to switch it back on to finish using it, was very frustrating but I thought it still got the job done!
The second time I used it, was the very next day again it switched off after 30 seconds and would not switch back on.
I charged it overnight and when I tried to used it again the following day it switched off again and would not switch back on! Surely the product should last longer than a few min in total before having to be recharged? Very dissatisfied in this product as I have not even been able to get 2 full face washes out of it.

Sorbet GroupService delivery

Arrived for my appointment to apply gel. Staff did not great and were very unfriendly and unprofessional. Masks worn below their noses and just appeared unkept. The staff dealing with me Bridgette, did not even know what I was there for. She did not know her Sorbet nail polish colours or that certain products had changed. I requested a colour, which I later found out had changed. Once completed I mentioned that it was farrow the colour I normally have. The staff woke up and left. Another staff came through and then notified me that certain colours had been changed. How was I to know this? I was charged the full price and looked at blankly when I stated I was not happy... will never go back to Sorbet

Sorbet GroupPedicure

Treatments at a Sorbet Salon leave one feeling anything but feeling spoiled and pampered. From therapists more interested in conversations with other therapists to paying attention to what they're doing, e.g filing skin on ankles instead of heels. Saying they need a medal for filing heels. Getting another therapist to give them a massage when doing a pedicure. Just an overall feeling of ‘doing you a favour' If a therapist does not understand that people are in a salon for a good treatment and to leave satisfied, they shouldn't be in the industry

Sorbet GroupPoor service, under qualified staff

On the 21 December 2020 I visited the Sorbet Branch Delcairn Kloof.After 35 mins I was attended to by the technician called Zee, unprofessional and definitely lacking skill.She filed my skin, didn't apologise and then began the acrylic application on my nails.The application was uneven, I questioned her about her method.
        She then muttered something, threw her visor on the floor and stormed off.
        I sat for 20 mins with one hand of incomplete acrylic paint on my nails.
        I was shocked, is this really Sorbet Salon??.
        I then asked for a Manager/ owner to seek some kind of assistance.
        The store has no manager.Owner not available.
        A technician called Cee eventually completed my nails.Thank you lady!!!
        Note to the Sorbet Group:This Sorbet brand is upmarket.You have ruined your reputation by giving Franchises to people who lack the skill, knowledge and professionalism. In a time of Covid pandemic there is no screens between the clients and technicians at the kloof Branch.The owner is not present.The salon is being run by a bunch of loud, unruly so called technicians.
        Sorbet is affiliated to Clicks, who is a partner on many rewards programmes.Clicks needs to rethink its partnership with Sorbet!!!.
        The Sorbet group needs to do some intensive house cleaning if it still wants to be a player in the beauty market.
        Zee from Kloof needs to be dismissed immediately.
        The Franchise needs to be taken away from the present owner as there are no contact number sfor the owner.

Dec 17, 2020

Sorbet Group — Owner of store and overall experience

Good Day, Please note that the complaint that I'm filing is with regard to the owner of the Sorbet...

Sorbet GroupService complaint

I receive a voucher for Sorbet in Dec 2019. Used it at the Town Square branch. My nail were almost filed away my fingers hurt afterwards and the nails lasted about 4 days.. thinking it was just that branch I had my nails done again at the branch in Randpark Ridge.. again paid nearly R800 for a terrible job.. filed a few times, so nails were thin.. the she did two tips and didn't event file them so they blend with my own nail.. none that of my nails were the same shape.. some had humps from the way the acrylic was done.. my nails started bending within three days.. was terribly done.. two broker and tore off my own nail too.. two weeks into it and I have no nails left.. even my own ones were torn off.. very disappointing for such an expensive service.. I don't have any photos but witnesses to the quality of it and people who also had theirs done and can confirm the bad job

Oct 19, 2020

Sorbet Group — Skin solutions body cream

I purchased the body cream and the body scrub on promotion at Wonderpark Sorbet.. I bought three of each.. I...

Sorbet GroupAcrylic overlay disaster

Good day - I am terribly unsatisfied with the results of the overlay I received on the recommendation of the nail technician. It has only been a week, all the nails have lifted at the bottom and 1 has already broken off. I expect better service from a company who guarantees perfection and quality nails. I have been going there for years and over the past two months it is the second time this has happened.

Sorbet GroupSorbet body butters

I purchased 4 50ml tubs of the sorbet body butter at Clicks MetLife Plaza, to my dismay the tubs were half filled, if not empty. Only one was filled as it should have been.I regularly buy the sorbet products shampoo, hair treatment, leave in conditioner etc. This is a total rip off and totally unacceptable.I am so disappointed.Sorbet you can do better than this.

Sorbet body butters

Sep 23, 2020

Sorbet Group — v&a waterfront

I am on holiday in CT after this long lockdown. I booked a full pedi and mini mani both with gelish at thi...

Sep 04, 2020

Sorbet Group — Canal walk upper level store

To whom it may concern. I'm not one who complains about services, I normally just let it pass. I got...

Sorbet GroupLong lasting nailpolish

I bought 5 bottles of nailpolish the long lasting expensive sorbet nail polish! And every single colour I use comes off the tips by evening, I wish I recorded earlier how I painted and waited for it to dry then I bathed my son the evening and the nail polish chipped off, whats long lasting about that and you not paying a little money for it.

I am beyond upset about this!

Sorbet GroupSorbet facial hair removal cream kit

As we are in lockdown I decided to try the sorbet facial hair removal cream kit.
                  And it was such a disappointment and terrible experience.
                  I have used facial cream removers before and I have followed the instructions and had the product on for the minimum amount of time and the product burnt my upper lip area and now I have a permanent scar. The protecting balm was used as per the instructions and still it burnt me so bad.
                  Cannot believe what must be in this product to cause such quick and severe damage.

Sorbet GroupMakeup service

Hi. I paid R350 for a full face of makeup at Sorbet Dunkeld. Although my makeup artist was a lovely woman, I was extremely dissatisfied with my makeup. I specified the look I wanted, even asking for alterations throughout the process as well as after, but I find that at a point like this, It is not a matter of opinion, it is tacky and unacceptable. I have gotten my nails done many times at Sorbet and have never been disappointed, so I realize this is likely not up to the standard that Sorbet always provides. Please contact me at catherine.north.[protected]@gmail.com for any further details or images. Thanks

Makeup service

Sorbet Groupacrylic and polygel nails

I am extremely disappointed that you can pay so much for acrylic and/ poly gel nails & within a week they start chipping or completely popping off.
                      I will never go back to Sorbet.
                      I have tried 3 different salons in the Northern suburbs of JHB over the past 6 weeks & the quality is exceptionally bad. Every time they offer to re-do my nails free of charge, but it never lasts past just one week & acrylic is supposed to stay on for at least 3 weeks!
                      Strangely enough I never experienced this problem at the Greenstone branches, but the salons in the Northern suburbs is not up to the same standards.

Feb 13, 2020

Sorbet Group — biosculpture nails and bad service for follow up

Two weeks ago, I went in for a set of biosculpture nails. I was pleased with the outcome, but the next week 3...

Jan 30, 2020

Sorbet — sorbet

I had a mini manicure at Sorbet Norwood last friday 24 January 2002. By the next morning three nails had...

Jan 20, 2020

Sorbet Group — tardiness

I don't understand why this Sorbet will take 8am appointments when none of the therapists are here...

Jan 15, 2020

Sorbet Group — unprofessional service; unsatisfactory quality of treatment

I have emailed the Parkhurst Sorbet branch, and received no response since. The following is the email sent...

Sorbet Groupsorbet dry bar mall of the south

I booked a pedicure for myself and my mum on the 3rd January 2020 at 4pm.
                        My mum and I were on time, we entered the Dry Bar and stood at cashier area for more than 5 minutes before we were acknowledged and greeted.
                        We were then shown to our chairs but before we sat down we were told to select our nail polish color first.
                        The lady (no name tag), started with my feet, no introduction either. She didn't soak my feet and started working on me. My mum waited another 5 Minutes before someone started with her.
                        We were not offered any drinks.
                        Our feet were only soaked after nails were cleaned and feet were filed. The massage didn't not even last 2 mins for each foot.
                        Work was substandard.
                        Because we aren't regulars none of the staff were friendly.