Complaints & Reviews

shotty procedure

i don't even know if anyone is still reading these posts because as i can see, many of these complaints have been posted a year or more ago. anyways, i almost cried reading these posts because until today, this is the first time i am seeing such a long list of people that have been dealing with the problems that i have been dealing with for the past 2 years. one of the posts that i just read was about mesotherapy and the outcome that this individual had, was the exact same result as i had. after receiving my first treatment of mesotherapy on my thighs 2 years ago, i too had lumps under my skin, following the endless months of terrible bruising and swelling and i too still have bruise-like patches left behind that i can't get rid of (2 years later). i have paid close to 10, 000 of my own money that of course i cannot afford to try to get rid of the left over product and lumps that the meso procedure left behind under my skin. it was suggested to me to begin doing vela-shape because the heat from the laser would help break down the lumps. true, it has helped, not fully though, and i should hope that it would have finally helped for 10, 000 dollars. needless to say, i have talked to at least 15 different people from doctors and nurses to management at pure med spa (because of the huge turn around of staff) and i have gone to see a dermotologist as well as visiting one of dr. mulhuland's facilities here in toronto (who is the creator of the meso-therapy concoction used on my thighs) which ironically enough was discontinued about a week after it was given to me. if that doesn't say something about the credibility of a product when it is discontinued after a week after being treated with it, then i don't even know what to say about it. anyways, i have had a very long journey, trying to find someone who will help or listen to me and help me resolve this problem once and for all. what i have written doesn't even begin to outline the journey i have had, the countless crying episodes i have endoured nor the countless phone calls and meetings i have had, to seek some kind of help with this matter. needless to say that i have contemplated taking my situation to small claims court but i do not have any paper work as my file is still at puremed spa and until i can retrieve all my information i.e pictures, forms etc. i don't know what can be done? does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about attempting my own "small claims court" venture...i cannot afford to pay out any more money so i don't even know if any further action will be possible. but, if anyone has any suggestions at all, i am all ears. big hugs to everyone dealing with all the ###!!

• Th
    thaliakirch Apr 28, 2010

Try to get a class action suit. There are enough people from this posting alone. you can find an attorney who will take the case on a contingency (they will take a portion of the settlement in exchange for representation). Call around. YOU HAVE A CASE, if you take it to court, with the others, you will win some money, which you all deserve. So sad you had to go through all that. Dont give up!

• Ns
    Nstone Jan 29, 2011

I can't believe Im reading these. I have been dealing with the same thing from mesotherapy at pure med spa!! I spoke with so many odctors, so many attorneys and never got any answers. I would love to hear an update on your story! I have also done lipomassage, velashape, etc!

Please let me know!!

• Su
    sueconken Jan 29, 2011

anyone from toronto that has issues with pure med spa there pls email me

• Ta
    Tasha123 Aug 12, 2014

Well, they now go by the name of New You Spa - worse than ever!

Not paying employees

I am a recent former employee of Pure and I want to warn any prospective client of the dangers of investing your money with them. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT prepay for ANY services with them. Not even a Groupon. They are one step from filing for bankruptcy, AGAIN. I very much enjoyed working there, my manager was/is a fantastic person, and I enjoyed my work a lot. However, Pure is a big company, nationwide and into Canada, and it is being run into the ground by its corporate big wigs. The last paycheck I received was a month late, and they still owe me two more (a month late as well). The paycheck before that came on Christmas Eve (also late), but when many employees went to cash them, the funds were not available. I am new to Pure, but apparently this has all been par for the course for some time. The result of all of this is that staff is leaving in droves, so most centers do not have the technicians to even do the services they will sell you. You will buy your package and then be given the run around as to when you can come in for the service. They will try to send you to other locations that are not at all convenient for you to get to. They will even sell you services that you cannot get at that location because they don't have the equipment there. In fact more locations are losing equipment because it is being repod by the manufacturers for nonpayment. All I'm saying is buyer beware. Pure is going down and they do not care about their clients. The staff that is left, and it's managers are at the mercy of a bigger corporate beast that is desperately trying to claw its way out of financial ruin and the only thing it cares about is getting cash in the door. A lot of the people that work there are honest (like my former manager) and will not sell you snake oil, but not all of them.This is a warning from someone who knows better. I hope this post will save at least one person from wasting their money on this financially and morally bankrupt company.

• Gi
    Gingerbread Man Jan 25, 2010

I am also sad to say I was a Pure Med Spa employee. The company is the worst to work for or be treated at. The esth. and RN's I worked with were highly qualified but working for a company that pushed them and threatened them daily if they did not sell sell sell. Most staff members gave up caring about the clients they were treating because the company doesn't care about them.
    I feel horrible for the staff members still working for this company. They have not been paid in over a month and checks have been continually 1-2 weeks late since the beginning of 09. Some of the staff I have spoken to say they have contacted labor boards with no response from Pure corp offices and most are worried about leaving and not being able to find new jobs in this horrible ecomony.

Its so sad to see good people in a bad situation. If I could provide any advice for staff members still working for this failing company is to get out and get as far away from Pure as you can. You do not want your name going down in flames with them. While continuing to work there knowing what that company is doing, when they are caught you will be too.

• Ba
    Banana Bread Jan 26, 2010

I too was a previous employee. I can honestly say this company will screw you in any way that they can! They do not care about the quality of treatments (because none of the lasers work and all machines are outdated and old), all they want is your $. After they get your money, they do not care about you! If you are thinking of working here, please read all reviews about PURE medspa featuring Britesmile. These ppl are big time scammers!

• He
    heidismith.smith Jan 27, 2010

I agree with the above. I too am still an employee here at now Brite Smile Brite Skin. They do push us to sell sell sell. and I don't because I feel it would be misleading to the client, not knowing for sure how long this company will stay afloat. I am in the process of getting a class action suite for the clients as well as employees against said company. Please contact me at [email protected] .. the more we can get together on this the better chance we have to save our industry from such a bad reputation.

• Ex
    exxemp Feb 09, 2010

I am an ex employee in Chicago and we are all dealing with the same thing. I have not been paid in a month. In fact our whole clinic is shut down right now because everyone walked. Even the regional quit. All of us at my clinic went to the DoL numerous times. I have no clue when the checks are coming. Some of our equipment got sent back. Our rent was not paid. Our water threatened to be shut off. Our heat went out and they never paid to have it fixed. It's winter in Chicago! So I'm not expecting it any time soon. I have had some crappy jobs, but I have never worked for a company so corrupt!

MISTY SCHLEGEL Apr 09, 2010

I AGREE WITH EXXEMP. THE EMPLOYEES OF PURE MED SUFFERED TOO. THEY WERE ALWAYS NICE AND PROFESSIONAL WITH ME AND I HAVE SEEN MANY OF THEM COME AND GO OVER THE YEARS. I HAD A 'FEELING' SOMETHING WAS GOING DOWN WHEN PURE MED CHANGED THEIR NAME AND MOVED TO ANOTHER SHODDY LOCATION WITHOUT A BATHROOM OR EVEN A SINK IN THEIR TREATMENT ROOMS! I ONLY WISH I COULD FINISH OUT MY 12 MONTH PACKAGE I BOUGHT 6 MONTHS AGO.

• Be
    beachmichelle Apr 12, 2010

that's really awful. i just called to get the photo facial i paid for last october. i thought $550 was too much for a photo facial - but when i told the girl i only paid $300 the last time, she said she would honor that if i paid for two. so i guess i got a $600 photo facial back then but didn't know it. if i knew the company was going under - i would have gotten the other one the next month.

i was disappointed they didn't have half of the services they had before. seemed fishy now - looking back at it.

this bites.

Took my money and closed down

I am very dissapointed in PURE MED SPA, I paid 2, 700.00 dollars in Sacramento CA. I trusted the place...

Unprofessional and Unkowledgable Service

Michelle at Pure Med Spa just lost a customer for being repeatedly rude on the phone and now essentially hanging up on me when I asked to reschedule an appointment for an earlier time. One or two 'off' days are unstandable but three tells me Pure does not want my business so I am taking it elsewhere. I had been a customer of Lumity/Med Spas for several years until now but will never return nor recommend them to friends and colleagues. Try Blue Medi Spa in Sherman Oaks instead. They are a more professional, knowledgeable, friendly and upscale operation with a wider array of services and aren't located in a mall.

• Th
    The Honest Judge Apr 16, 2010

Botox and facial fillers can be done with wonderful results by anyone who is trained well and have extensive experience with injecting different parts of the face. I had my face injected by an RN and physican's assistant numerous times while living in Arizona. The result from both is very pleasing at a fraction of what other doctors charge.

Not all doctors charge an arm & leg for botox and facial fillers. I had to go see an ENT doctor for my GRED. Then I saw his prices for botox and facial fillers. He also offers dysport for $3.40 per unit. This is a product competing against botox. $7.50 per unit for botox and $350 per syring of juvaderm. He spent more than an hour doing my injections.
    ******************************************************************************************************************************

unethical business practices

This company is unethical and probably illegal. I understand no refund policies, but when salespeople recommend inappropriate products, and an MD isn't the one who sees you, and then you have adverse side effects ethical companies would stop treatment and refund (yes, I know that's a run on sentence).

Do not use this company. They will not refund for services not rendered...even if they caused or are aware of defective equipment, services or damage caused by their services. I am permanently scarred and have been shocked by their machines. They are terrible people and they work for a horrible company.

kaira Nov 01, 2009

I completely agree with you. All they do is rip people off. They dont care about their clients. You spend a bunch of money and most of the time the machines dont work. The Alderwood location is dirty and unsanitary. Their management defenitely need replaced or something. They dont open the place on time. their charts for clients are always missing, they dont have an actual doctor doing the injectables its an RN doing it. All they do is li lie lie. They always say they have promostions going on. They will sell one person a treatment package for $1200 and the next client they sell ir for $4000 same package and everything.

lip enhancement

WENT FOR A LIP ENHANCEMENT DURING A PROMOTION, SAID THE PERSON DOING MY LIPS DOES VICTORIA'S SECRET GIRLS LIPS, NORMALLY I WOULD ONLY NEED LESS THAN ONE SYRINGE AT ANOTHER PLACE..BUT SHE TOLD ME I NEEDED 2 OF THE PERLANE..I TRUSTED HER AND I HAVE BEEN DEFORMED, I DONT EVEN LOOK THE SAME, SO OVER-INJECTED, I BELIEVE THEY TRY TO SEEL PRODUCTS INSTRAD OF LOOKING AT THE CUSTOMER, THEY TELL ME BE GLAD IT IS ONLY TMEPORARY, MENTAL STRESS HAS BEEN AWFUL BECAUSE I LOOK SO BAD, AROUND MY MOUTH, STICKS WAY OUT, I AM SO EMBARRASSED AND REALIZE PEOPLE ARE EMBARRASSED FOR ME, CONSTANT COMPLAINTS TO SUPERVISORS..ALL IGNORED, WON'T DO ANYTHING, JUST PAY FOR ME TO GO TO A PLASTIC SURGEON AND HAVE THIS REMOVED, I CRY ALL THE TIME, HATE TO LOOK IN THE MIRROE, I WAS PRETTY NOW I LOOK LIKE A FREAK..BEWARE BEWARE, DON'T GO TO THEM, LET ME SAVE YOU THE HUMILITY...

• Em
    embarrassed Sep 04, 2009

don't go to them. liars and try to sell products that you dont need, will make you ugly

Laser Hair Removal

I went in to Pure med Spa for laser hair removal, because I done research on the pricing of other places and...

Liars and No Refunds for Products they Don't Have

Company sold me a gift certificate for a product they can no longer provide and have lied to me for over 2...

refund

I purchased a package from Pure Med Spa that includes three 1540 fractional laser treatments. I found out the following day that this laser was not safe and did not live up to its advertising hype which Pure Med Spa claims. I was also told by the owner and nurse of another spa that this laser would probably be taken off the market soon as a result of the above problems. Since I had not yet scheduled any appointments, I returned to Pure Med Spa within 24 hours and requested a refund. I was denied. I would like a refund, as I no longer feel confident in this company and feel my safety is paramount to their 'no return' policy. What can I do?

markwithers Jan 28, 2009

Denise:
    My wife and I are experiencing much the same thing with the Corte Madera location. We are now contemplating small claims court. Have you had any input or success in getting your refund. They owe us over $900. please write us at [email protected]

• Je
    Jennifer Smith Jan 28, 2009

I think we should file a Class Action Law Suit regarding NO REFUND policy. It seems there are enough of us to do this.

Please call me at 951-303-1378
    Jennifer Smith if your interested in finding an attorney.

• Ra
    Ramzy Jan 29, 2009

Yes, I too have tried to get a refund for months now but to no avail. Their customer service inbox is always full so I can't leave messages. I have sent emails, but have only received one reply to call the 1-800 number and that is the one where it is impossible to reach anyone.
    I paid thousands of dollars for treatments, some of which I have not begun because the treatments were not working for me. I also was burned at the underarms. I am no longer interested in completing the treatments and would like a refund. One of the managers told me that it wouldn't be a problem and later I found out that she was fired. I don't know what to do at this point because I don't want to lose my thousands of $.

• Bo
    BOB Jan 30, 2009

PURE MEDSPA IS BANKRUPT! CHECK OUT THIS LINK!

• Ga
    gail Feb 08, 2009

I too have invested thousands of dollars foolislhly perhaps with this outrageous company.
    please go to complaints.com for more info and file your compaints there too.
    please gather whatever other complaints you read about from elsewhere and lets sue this company and its owners!

• Mu
    Muy Apr 29, 2010

I just found out today that Pure Med Spa closed down. Days prior, I called the Valley Fair branch and the phone just kept ringing. I am so infuriated! I still have many treatments left that I already paid for. I want a refund!

Kathy B. Jul 16, 2010

Dear Pure Med-spa and/or Britesmile/Briteskin customer,

It has come to our attention that the company you have used for laser skin services is closing many (or all) of their facilities and appears to be going out of business. Unfortunately, when this happens, they often take the hard earned money that you have paid for services with them leaving the client without the services they paid for. We are not affiliated with Pure Med-spa or Britesmile/Briteskin in any way. However; we would like to help. While we cannot honor the contracts you have with Pure Med-spa and/or Britesmile/Briteskin or offer you any legal advise, we can offer you 25% discount on services in our office.

We are a small, family run business in San Jose, CA that has been open and in good standing for 14 years. While we do not offer as many services as the larger chain med-spas, we do offer LASER SKIN RESURFACING, LASER HAIR REMOVAL, IPL ACNE TREATMENTS, PHOTO-FACIAL REJUVENATION AND MASSAGE THERAPY. We pride ourselves in offering great customer service, no pressure sales tactics and honesty in every aspect of business. We have outstanding reviews and testimonials. Please check us out and see for yourself.

Here is a little of what you get with us:
    FREE no obligation consultation
    No high pressure sales tactics
    No Package pricing ( you pay as you go per visit)
    Regular pricing lower than the competition
    Honesty at every level
    Highest customer service anywhere
    Additional 25% off our regular LOW prices (if you can provide a receipt proving loss of money or services from another med-spa)

While this does not reimburse you for the money you have lost, we sincerely hope that it helps you afford to get the services you originally wanted. Please feel free to contact our office by phone or email if you have any questions. We will be happy to assist you in any of your aesthetic needs.

Sincerely, Dr. Kathy Bragg
    Owner and Operator of A Youthful Reflection
    www.AYouthfulReflection.com
    (408) 977-0975

Bad customer svc

This compnay is a fraud. They have gone through 8 managers in the last year alone. The managers will sell you packages and then the regional manager who is really stupid and unqualified (his name is JT) will take all the services awaya nd will refuse to refund anything. It is a company that loves to take your and are really sweet when they sell you bogus packages and then will refuse to treat you. The equipment will be constantly broken or you will be misbooked.

They performed a few treatments that were against my skin protocol and even then they will refuse to refund anything. Also, they have filed bankruptcy but are continuing to hard sell packages(those will be no good once they are out of business).

Bewar of this Med Spa!

• Ne
    Net Feb 08, 2010

I am very dissapointed also about PURE MED SPA, I paid 2, 700.00 dollars in Sacramento CA. I trusted the place because it was in Downtown plaza mall, the staff was real friendly while trying to sell the packet to me but it all turned around. They basicly discounted it like half the amount of what I paid. After 2 sessions. ( the 2nd session the laser machine over heated and they burned my face. I had red spots all over my neck but was told it was normal because I had long hair there and they couldnt cut it down dont know why. They told me to wait and book my appointment in about a month because of the damage they caused it needed to heal a little. Anyway, when I called they scheduled it for Oct 31st of 2008. On the 31st I get a phone call from the nurse that asks me to reschule because its halloween night and she would like to be with her children. I was sympathetic I told her not to worry and that I would call back and reschudle. After that, I called multiple times and I would either get a voicemail, busy signal or someone saying that they are too busy and they will call me back..well that never happend nobody ever called me back..someone has my 2700 dollars. Not too many people have 2700 hundred thats just laying around. I thought I used it for good cause but was wrong. I also called their corporate office and have a letter from them saying that they are unable to process my refund at this time. Whatever that means. I have all receipts to prove what I paid. If anyone knows any info please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks alot.

• Sh
    Shannon Boyce Feb 14, 2010

I am beyond myself with the run around that I and others have received. I have been with this company through four name changes: Nuvo, Illumity, Pure and now Brite Smile Brite Skin. All of these company's have filed bankruptcy and I feel strongly that this latest one will also follow suite. If they do file, any remaining services or money we have still vested in packages will be gone.
    I have personally been burnt with scars remaining, continually lied to. I have had my package changed by numerous employees with each their own opinion of what services I should really be receiving. In their benefit the package was changed to much less expensive services, but of course with no refund for the difference in price. I have two wonderful boys that I have to provide care for during my appointment time; which means I had to pay my babysitter for numerous appointments that I would show up for, but were not put on the books or they were running so late I could not wait. All of this stress, time and money out the window and I'm left with no posative results.
    The point is I could go on and on about my negative experience, but as I can see I am NOT alone.
    Please do not put any more money into the hands of this untrustworthy company.
    I live in Everett, WA and am looking to file for arbitration, so if their is anyone who is interested in chatting more about this and your individul experience please feel free to email me.
    I am really sorry to all of you that have also had a awful experience.

MISTY SCHLEGEL Apr 09, 2010

SWEET. I AM IN THE PORTLAND AREA. SEEMS LIKE QUITE A FEW OF US WERE TAKEN. [email protected] I GUESS IT IS TIME TO GO TO WORK. ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE?

Malpractice/Negligents 90% Facial Burned

I received a fractional laser treatment for age spot of around my face in April 2007 until my last visit in...

poor customer service

I just got done with a year of laser hair removal treatments at Pure Med Spa. I am incredibly unsatisfied...

Ripped me Off $1000.00

Ripp-Off paid for services and was not given treatment. After rescheduling me several times for an...

No refund policy

Beware, they will charge you $75.00 just to make an appointment and if you change your mind they will not give you a refund. Even if you give them plenty of notice, they said they are "unable" to process a refund in their store (funny, they can sure charge you plenty). After being sequestered in the managers office for 20 minutes while she spoke with the staff, my husband and I were told she would "look into" giving me a refund and get back to me. Luckily we were successful, and they finally credited me about a week later.

I think you're better off going to a "real" doctors office for procedures like this. Call around and ask questions, make sure the staff is well trained and stay away from "package deals". You don't know how your skin will react and you shouldn't have to pay for services you haven't received yet unless they are refundable.

None Jan 03, 2009

I agree totally. Iwas not so successful. The manager quit and noone wants to take responsibilty. I am sueing them now

KAC Feb 18, 2009

Wow! The 'unable to process refunds' is exactly what happened to me. I agreed to a brazilian laser package after being told it would cost me only $3, 000 vs the $5, 000. When I was charged the $5, 000 on my amx, I questioned the charge and the consultant doing my treatment started crying saying they would fire her for the mistake, that refund were impossible to process. I stupidly fell for this scam and agreed to add on underarms for the full price. The next time I came in, she no longer worked there. More than one year later, I have had only three brazilian treatments because of endlessly mischeduled appointments, the spa I went to being closed with NO notification to me, etc. When I tracked down the new Southcenter WA location, I scheduled an appointment -- eigh weeks out-- traveled four hours round trip and was told 'oh, sorry the doctor needs to see all new patients and he isn't at this location today' we will have to reschedule you. When I got upset their first response was to 'call security'. When the manager arrived she promised me a personal apology from the doctor, and a free facial. I got the free facial (that the consultant coughed all the way through) and the next week when I showed up for my doctor consult (another four hour round trip commute in) he was 45 minutes late, couldn't have cared less and asked me only FOUR questions that I could have answered over the phone the week before. He accepted no reponsibility whatsoever. He was a complete jerk. I guess that is why he is working for a scam instituion and not in private practice. And, no suprise -- the manager that assured me she would follow-up on my request for a refund was no longer with the company, just seven days later.

Further, I have asked for copies of my original file from the Silverdale, WA location with my notes on my chart, proof of my adjusted treatments and added on under arms experience and have been told they are 'lost'. I feel trapped and stupid. If there is any class action filed for fraud against this company I would like to be involved. It has been a disastrous experience.

MISTY SCHLEGEL Apr 09, 2010

I WONDER HOW THE LAWSUITS HAVE TURNED OUT AND IF ANYONE ELSE HAS TRIED? HMMMMM...

• Je
    Jean Fields Apr 26, 2010

I brought a VIP package for skin rejuvination at the cost of $5, 000 plus a prepay for botox for $1, 000. I received less than half my skin treatments and half of my botox. I went to my next appointment to find the doors locked and have not been able to contract anyone. I am going to try my credit card company but if anyone is starting a class action I would like to be part of the suit.

Jean Fields
    291 E. Susan Lane
    Union, WA 98592
    360-898-8069

My face was burned in a laser treatment

I received a fractional laser treatment (similar to Fraxel) of my lower face in February 2008, over three...

Beware of them

Beware of their "consultants". These are 20 something girls that really don't have proper knowledge to...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices