Proflowers / Freeshipping.comscam

A

Click on the link to see the full complaint

Caroline Mar 09, 2010

Hello,
    My name is Caroline and I am the Special Programs Associate here at ProFlowers. I would like to sincerely apologize for any confusion you experienced regarding our partner program. I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns, assist you with anything I can and receive any additional feedback to improve our service. Please contact me directly to discuss, my phone number is [protected]. I would like to assist you in any way that I can.

• Br
    brad david Mar 09, 2010

i ordered flowers for valentines day and got charged 82.33 a month later because i clicked on the free shipping . DONT DO IT THERE IS NOTHING FREE ABOUT IT... so i called my back to despuit the trans action what the hell is wrong with people trying to make a easy dollar ... well your not getting mine...all your doing is making a bad name for the website thanks

• Je
    Jenne Mar 08, 2010

My boyfriend ordered flowers from these people for Valentine's Day. They left the flowers outside in the below freezing weather, so they were not blooming. It took them a week to bloom. My boyfriend complained and got a refund. We then started getting things delivered to the house. Jewelry, Jupiter Jack, and now membership in two different saver clubs. After calling the bank we find out that all of them are affiliated with Tele Brands. DO NOT order or have anything to do with these people.

• Jd
    jdickson9918 Mar 08, 2010

This is not just with proflowers.com, its coming up with other sites as well. I'm not necessarily sure that proflowers is to blame, but whoever is running freeshipping.com is definitely scamming people. I actually just came across site after completing an order from computergeeks.com, but I decided to do some research. One should always be leery when a website asks for a credit card.

jon milo Mar 05, 2010

I was charged a fee that I did not authorize. It's a scam to trick you into thinking that you'll get a refund on the shipping and handling.

• Rm
    R. Murek Mar 04, 2010

Pro Flowers and this Free Shipping is nothing more than a scam!

• Sh
    shc4life580 Mar 03, 2010

If you autpmatically got signed up through proflowers, its probably because you clicked a link in your confirmationm e-mail that says "Congratulations Free Shipping Rebate!" If you notice where the link sends you, it sends you to the freeshipping website but it has your order id attatched to it. If you registered with proflowers.com and placed an order then they probably stored your CC info which is tied to???? thats right your previous order and order id. by clicking the link, its like a virtual way of saying "yea I want the rebate, sign me up", sicne they already have your info its not that hard. While i do agree that it's a grimey way of doing things, they arent nearly the only company doing it. I read through multiple times, and every time I order from proflowers I consider signing up, but I cant see paying a fee to get money back. so freeshipping.com gets a thumbs down and hopefully a kick in the balls. As for proflowers, on two separate occasions (i once ordered 20 white iris, only to receive 19 white and 1 blue, after emailing, they reshipped 20 more white iris absolutely free) and another time the flowers arrived in less than healty shape. once again an email and they reshipped a new bouquet free. Plus each time they sent a email with a coupon code for %20 off for their mistake. Thumnbs up on proflowers.com

• La
    LarryJay Mar 02, 2010

I noticed a charge for Easy Saver in the amount of $14.95. I did a sort of my account to discover four of them, each of the second of the month and in the same amount. There was an 800 number. I googled that number and came up with your site. I have joined and find the site useful.

I called the 800 number and they explained it was an online savings program on many types of merchandise. I advised them that I have used ProFlowers, however I never will again. I do not recall ever signing up for such a scam. At any rate, the Chargers should be credited to my account within 7 to 10 days. I am demanding an e-mail stating as much.

• Da
    Danny T Feb 18, 2010

I orderd 2 dozen flowers for my daughter from ProFlowers to be deliverd before Valentines Day. The delivered 1 dozen. I wrote cust service, they said they would redo the order, no charge. I paid for the impact of 2 dozen, their redoing the order, it'll be late, marginally OK. 4 days later they sent her 1 dozen, only completing my original order. They didn't redo it. I didn't get what I paid for. I wrote them again expressing that they shouldn't claim they will redo the order when all they are going to do is complete the order. They wrote back:

Thank you for contacting ProFlowers. Please accept our apologies for the disappointment with the incorrect bouquet being sent. For that is not typical of our service and this is a very rare occurrence.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies.

Best Regards,

So much for their "100% satisfaction guarantee"
    It happened twsice on the same order!!!
    I'll never use them again and would suggest you don't either.

• Ju
    Judith Mayachoc Feb 16, 2010

I was hooked on FreeShipping too. It is possibly legal but very misleading. They don't tell you what you have to do for the refund, which is provide a lot of documentation and snail mail it to them. Also if you are busy it is easy to not notice their charges. I'm very disappointed in ProFlowers and another company I have trusted in the past and perhaps they will make it right so I won't mention them yet. Unless you order a lot on line and like to spend time filling out forms and copying and snailmailing stuff and then waiting for the refund DONT sign up for it. The staff member on the phone that immediately offered to cancel it was not very polite when I pointed out that the company was getting nearly 50 bucks of mine without doing anything for me. That is only if they actually send me the prorated refund. More later.

• Ju
    Julie A Ward Feb 13, 2010

I also ordered flowers from ProFlowers. When the $15 coupon popped up, I thought, lets see what this is about. Now I get my bank statement and there is the $14.95 charged. I order ofter from ProFlowers and thought that this was just a way of them saying Thank You for my order and take a discount on the next order.

I have tried the phone and cannot get through. I will keep trying and if to no avail, I will change my card, and per reading from what a gentlemen said, that will take care of the problem.

I will never order again from ProFlowers. How dare they do this to their loyal followers.

Julie Ward

• Gr
    grow_a_pair Feb 05, 2010

Wow...I heard an ad on the radio for Proflowers.com and it sounded like a great deal. I went to the web site to check on it and it is a great deal. I was curious about the shipping costs and guess what? Another deal for free shipping from someone else called Freeshipping.com. But how is that possible, someone has to pay for it and why is this third party getting involved. So, BEFORE I placed my order, I wanted to find out who Freeshipping.com was and how they made their money. This blog was one of my findings. All of you people who think this is a scam are idiots. The only people who really got scammed here are those that may have been signed up automatically, but it sounds like most people chose to sign-up. So to Proflowers.com I say, “Great deal but shipping is a bit high so no thank you.” To Freeshipping.com and say, “I don't order enough online to realize a great enough savings to justify the fees.” To you lemmings that are complaining here, pull your heads out of your butt. If you don't pay attention to what you sign-up for, you deserve to have your money taken. To those of you that may have truly been swindled, and not those who made a purchase through Proflowers, I hope you get your money back.

christopherrobbins Feb 05, 2010

Shame on ProFlowers. They should be shut down. As the saying goes, "Fool me once..."

jasincincinnati Jan 25, 2010

Do not order from ProFlowers! They gave my credit card info to Easy Saver and we were automatically enrolled in a program and charged $14.95 for months. This must be a very regular occurence as when I called Easy Saver they immediatly said all money will be repaid and apologized for the misunderstanding. Misunderstanding nothing! Total scam.
    I never gave ProFlowers permission to give my credit card number to anyone so they are the real culprit here.
    Net, those charges with unknown vendors are suspect and don't assume it is a legit charge. And DON'T ORDER FROM PROFLOWERS!

• St
    Stevejohnson Jan 18, 2010

I have just discovered that this company has been withdrawing $14.95 from my account since giving them Debit card details when I purchased flowers last year

MadFlowerBuyer Jan 17, 2010

Just like many others on this site, we ordered flowers from Proflowers.com and apparently "signed up" for a $14.95/mo "rewards program" without knowledge of consent. I just noticed it on my credit card after accruing >$360 of charges over two years. It is a joint account, and I assumed it was some sort of wife expense. I strongly advise not using Proflowers.com.

• Up
    Upset at Scam in Indiana Jan 11, 2010

I too have been scammed by Freeshipping.com through Proflowers. I think of myself as a smart person who reads the fine print but obviously either missed it or, like many have been lead down the scam path. Not only did I never get my rebate from NOTfreeshipping.com, but had a monthly charge of $11.95 added to my credit card account. I called and they said they never received my compliance letter, which I have documented as sending, so they could not send my rebate. They did however, at my request, take me off of the membership and will refund next months charge. I will NOT be buying any more flowers from Proflower as I think they must be getting some kind of kick back from freeshipping. Buyers Beware.
    Upset at Scam in Indiana!

• I purchased flowers from proflowers.com and somehow ended up getting billed monthly for $14.95, which was unwanted and unauthorized. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM PROFLOWERS.COM AS THEY ARE AFFILIATED WITH EASY SAVER.

ca256 Dec 07, 2009

If you're numb enough to type in your personal information and provide your credit card information without reading what your signing up for, then maybe you deserved to be scammed!

It tells you several times that you're going to be paying for it. I used it once, received the rebate I was promised, and remembered to cancel within the trial period they offer. Not that difficult.

• Nz
    NZFilmProf Dec 07, 2009

Thanks to your site here for helping me realize I had been scammed by ProFlowers! I emailed them demanding a refund. Got an apologetic email back but NO REFUND. They DID tell me to write another email address ([email protected]) asking for a refund (hey! I ALREADY asked for one!). Of course, I wrote the 2nd email (and also asked my credit card company to refund their charges, just in case...). I'm sure I'll eventually get back my money, however, do you even THINK I will use ProFlowers ever again??? Hahahaha! PS Agree, "Vinnie", "Breanna"...and probably everyone posting here in favour of ProFlowers, are simply ProFlowers "plants". (Plants...get it?)

• Tc
    tc from Jersey City, NJ Dec 06, 2009

I'm grateful I saw the Google prompt. When I started typing freeshipping.com in the search box, the heading 'freeshipping.com scam' appeared. Thank you. I had a bad feeling about these guys. I bought flowers for a friend and was told the flowers were beautiful but who knows - my friend is polite. The shipping was high but I thought it would be okay because the FreeShipping.com rebate would defray some of the cost. Ha Ha Ha. I have already spent way too much time filling out forms, copying them, and mailing them to FreeShipping.com. Their website said the ProFlowers.com claim was "Submitted." I waited and waited and kept checking with the bank. No rebate. Nothing. I finally decided to cancel my so-called membership for fear of being charged the $80 and when I went to finalize the cancellation there was a question something like, "Are you sure you want to cancel your membership? We can't credit your account if you cancel." So I changed my mind. Then today I decided it wasn't worth the risk of forgetting to cancel so I typed the name in Google and saw the word scam. When I went to cancel my membership this time, there was a different question, like "are you sure you want to cancel? Click here for a Free Gift! It was tough but I ignored the words 'free gift' and clicked on YES I want to cancel my membership. Then there was another page that said my credit card will not be used, etc., and then I clicked on SUBMIT. Then they wanted to know why and how much I liked their service! I told them. They had everything from me they needed to credit my account with a shipping rebate and they didn't do it. I asked them, "What are you waiting for?"

• Re
    ReginaS Dec 03, 2009

I can only add to this list. My daughter's boyfriend ordered flowers to be delivered to my daughter on their anniversary. He lives in Germany. She is visiting in Utah. He just called me because there was a charge of EUR1.30 on his credit card and his bank was suspecting fraudulent activity. He had also received an email from ProFlowers stating his credit card had been declined. I called ProFlowers and spoke to "Minder". At first she claimed no knowledge of the EUR1.30 charge origin but the relented when I kept probing. She tried to explain the Easy Saver action and offered to call to have the "membership" cancelled. After I hung up I checked for Easy Saver Rewards on line and found these pages. I called ProFlowers back to express my outrage. I am surprised no one has been able to stop this company's practices after all these complaint. Please call the Better Business Bureau or file a complaint on line.

• Pf
    pfindly Nov 10, 2009

November 10, 2009 and they are still at it. ProFlowers knows what's going on and they are doing nothing to stop this. Don't buy from ProFlowers.

Freeshipping.com with ProFlowers will trick you as part of the standard transaction to enroll you into an Auto Pay program that is "Free". First, you have no idea you enrolled. Second, the responsibility is your to close your account. If you don't, they'll debit your checking account monthly. They take a hard stance when you call FREESHIPPING to dispute the charges. Fight back and send a letter to ProFlowers.

Don't buy from ProFlowers and fight Freeshipping.com.

• Ro
    rodzilla1969 Oct 09, 2009

I ordered flowers online last June form this company, and was then offered a $15-off coupon towards my next purchase. I realized today (10/09) that they have been erroneously billing my account ever since for various amounts from $2 to $15, and have also been the result of a couple of over-draft fees, costing me a total, so far, of $130.00. I urge anyone thinking of using this company's various services to think long and hard about it. I would even visit their site and make sure you're familiar with all of their on-line companies so that you don't get hit with a bunch of false charges that can completely wreck your account!

• Ji
    JimInAZ Sep 03, 2009

I find it suspicious that the "click for details" link and the "BBBonline" link on their site bring up blank screens and an error page. However, I checked the real BBB Online site and found that freeshipping.com has an A+ rating. Here's the profile from

Name: Clarus Marketing Group, LLC
    Principal: Mr. Vincent Villano, Managing Director
    Customer Contact: Mr. Vincent Villano, Managing Director - [protected]
    Entity: Limited Liability Company
    Incorporated: April 2001, CT
    Type of Business: Buying Clubs & Group Purchasing Service, Internet Shopping, Mailing Services
    BBB Accreditation: Clarus Marketing Group, LLC is a BBB Accredited business.
    Additional DBA Names: MovieTicketDiscounts.com
    FreeShipping.com
    InternetInsidersClub.com
    Insiders-Club.com
    CMG Free Shipping

• Ee
    eeemogg Aug 31, 2009

My husband ordered flowers for me on www.proflowers.com and today I noticed charges being deducted from my bank account (unauthorized). The debit said something like ... "EASY SAVER" for $14.95 both in July and August. I actually did a search for that dollar amount when I discovered more than one charge.

Anyway, I called [protected], got a woman named 'Donna' on the phone, managed to keep my composure and so did she. She was extremely pleasant and kind and was more than willing to drop all charges, refund my money back into my account, and said it'd take anywhere from 7-10 business days.

As mad as I am that my husband was tricked into not reading the fine print and just clicking to wrap up ordering me flowers because he was scammed, it's nice to know that if you do call these ppl, that they will be pleasant if you are pleasant to them. AND, I called first thing in the morning - as soon as they open at 9AM, so maybe that helped a bit too.

Unfortunately, as beautiful as the flowers are from www.proflowers.com, NEVER AGAIN!

• Ta
    Tall Drink Aug 17, 2009

Offer details:
    Freeshipping.com website

Start your FREE 30 day trial with our compliments. If you decide not to continue your Insiders Club membership, simply log on to cancel during your trial. Otherwise, we'll automatically extend Insiders Club benefits for a full year for just $6.99 a month, billed annually, and renew them each year upon expiration at the then-current fee, billed to your first available registered credit card. Your credit card will not be charged during your free trial period.

You are always protected by our Money Back Guarantee! If you are ever dissatisfied during your trial or thereafter, simply sign in to cancel your benefits and you’ll receive a pro-rata refund of the annual fee, no questions asked.

This information was on a sidebar that had nothing to do with the actual CASH BACK OFFER. Again, this is yet another method "THEY" employ to relieve each of us of as much of OUR money that "THEY" can. It was just$10 dollars for me and $83.88 for them multiplied by however many consumers they fleeced. The companies that we purchase from are apparently in on it and receive kick backs.

• Jl
    jlp259 Aug 17, 2009

I have also ordered flowers from proflowers, and while it did not charge me for free shipping, the flowers never made it to my boyfriend, and I had to get the better business bureau involved and 3 months to get my money back. It's a scam.

• Ta
    Tall Drink Aug 17, 2009

I have not been TRICKED by www.freeshipping.com. I was lured to their website with the following information on my invoice from HERBSPRO stating:

*****NOTICE******
    This order qualifies for $10.00 CASH-BACK!
    After going to the www.CLAIMYOUR REBATE.COM and typing in HERBSPRO it took me to a application to be completed for my Cash rebate that would be MAILED to me.
    They were asking for name, address, city etc., password with security question to be filled in. The choices were Mother';s maiden name or your city of birth. Which are questions that the majority of us select for personal information. Then, they wanted information for at least one credit card. Without the password, security question and cc information they would not process my $10.00 cash back request.
    I called the store I purchased from and was given the # for freeshipping.com and was told that they needed the cc information to charge their "membership fee". I proceeded to tell her how much I thought of their underhanded, cheating, terrorist kind of ways that they do business. Then I called the company that I did business with and told them that if they didn't take that "COME ON" offer off of their invoices and quit directing sheep to the slaughter I would never purchase from them again. Even though they have the best deal in town. When does a bargain cease to be a bargain? We must wake up.
    The person that gave her testimonial certainly sounds like she is one of them.
    This is my first time to blog on anything but I was just @[email protected]*%'d off.

• Ss
    SSG Becker Aug 15, 2009

Well, it looks as if I am not the only person that "Easy Saver" has ripped off. I am a Soldier Stationed in Afghanistan on my 3rd tour of duty. Typically I haven't been able to check my Email or Credit Card statements do to the fact that I'm out in the freaken mountains all of the time. However, I recently pulled up my credit card statement and low and behold there are more than 6 months of charges for $14.95, WTF is all I have to say! Pro Flowers has lost another customer! What a scam. You try to do something nice for your loved ones and you get screwed over in the process. Wow, what am I fighting for again? Can someone tell me? What happened to honest American people and businesses?

• De
    denise.zan Aug 06, 2009

I just got charged too, The same amount. I'm trying my best to close this website.Im contacting BBB, Geotrust, and I will also send some info to the biggest newspapers in USA. if anyone can join me, just let me your email here. I really wanna see this website closed and they paying what they deserve to the american society. we can't stop here, or it will be happening to other people forever.
    thanks
    Denise
    [email protected]

• Sc
    Scott123321 Jul 28, 2009

BTW, here are their numbers from my Credit Card Statement.

Easy Saver 800.355.837
    Freeshipping.com 866.326.0584

• Sc
    Scott123321 Jul 28, 2009

I have never been charged anything to my credit card that i did not explicitly buy until now with Easy Saver and Freeshipping.com. I have made numerous purchases online and every time another affiliate offer came up I actually had to confirm a purchase and enter in my credit card. With these two companies, it seems all they need is your email and zip to charge you. The worst thing about this is, ProFlowers is sharing our credit card info to these companies.

• As
    asea32 Jul 24, 2009

Your posts helped me avoid this scam. Thank you. Definitely one since they do not tell you anything about costs but will take your personal information first.

Caroline Jul 21, 2009

My name is Caroline and I am the Special Programs Associate here at ProFlowers. I would like to sincerely apologize for any confusion that you may have had with our partner programs. I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns with you as well as any feedback you may have about the program. Please feel free to contact me directly, my phone number is [protected] and my email is [email protected] I look forward to speaking with you.

• Ru
    RUEffingKidding Jul 19, 2009

Just don't use pro flowes. They're going to get more money out of you one way or another.
    I'm a teacher who ordered flowers for a guest instructor who came for free because we don't have any money. During checkout, I was prompted by the proflowers to click a link for more information on free shipping. I clicked and read. When I saw that you had to pay to get the rebate I decided against the unfree free shipping and paid the regular price. What I didn't know was that proflowers had automatically enrolled me in a program called "freeshipping.com" when I clicked the button claiming more information. A while later 9.97 was debited from my account without permission. And when I called to get my money back, all they could repeat over and over like a parraot was, "we don't give refunds." I told them to erase every bit of info they had about me because if they ever found themselves in my account again, I would bring down their ceiling. They assured me they would. I called back a few days later because they emailed me and turns out they still didn't erase my information. It's ON!

ChiTownMom Jul 18, 2009

I am thrilled that I happened upon this blog before I "jumped" at the offer freeshipping.com presented me. It was within an e-mail for a book order from half.com. For a detailed person, like myself, who is skeptical and not racing for time, it seemed too good to be true. Not everyone is in that position. After reading the posts above, I am inclined to side with those who have been taken advantage of. Companies that do not deliver what was promised (do they?) and/or mislead customers are predators. The "you should know better" argument does not excuse a company from practicing basic customer service. For example, a pickpocket thief is guilty whether they knock someone down and steal their purse or if they give a light bump and gently take your wallet. BOTH are wrong and it's not fair to blame the victim for walking in the park. We could all be more careful, but I believe the finger and attention needs to be focused on the scamming solicitors and the companies they associate with... like half.com.

• Re
    REALLYcomputersavvy Jul 15, 2009

Uhhhh...here's a thought...how about when this ad for freeshipping.com pops up on your screen, DON'T ENTER YOUR INFORMATION INTO A WEBSITE THAT SAYS "FREE"!!! I studied this form when I followed a link from wickedcoolstuff.com, and It CLEARLY says in THREE (count 'em, THREE) different places you will be billed a fee of $6.99 a month annually which adds up to----oh, look at that---$83.88! You people should be kicking yourselves for your own stupidity. Scam...yeah. The only scam being committed is when you folks call these people and demand your money back after providing an electronic signature agreeing to pay. This country is paranoid...and dense.

• Sb
    sb09 Jul 07, 2009

I am a victim of this company's deceptive practices as well. I contacted Easy Savers at [protected] and simply told them I wanted the account cancelled and all previous charges refunded to me. The lady I spoke with didn't give me any resistance which I was very suprised about and said the refund should be reflected on my account in 7 - 10 days. She did ask me what dates the charges were made which I had already written down so I gave her each date I was charged which totalled up to be $76.70.

This all started because I ordered flowers from proflowers.com for my wife for valentines day. The email reciept I recieved for confirmation of my order had a link on it to claim a "gift". When I clicked on the link it was a cupon for $15 off my next proflowers purchase. It's been too long for me to remember if I actually entered in my email and zip code to get the cupon or not but I still have the email and looking at it now the parameters in the url for the gift link contain the order number, my email address, and my zip code...so proflowers is passing all that info on to encore marketing (easy savers) when you click that link. Apparenly once you accept the cupon they also forward all of your account info as well so that Easy Savers can convieniantly set up your account for you...how thoughtful of them! Evidently somewhere in all the fine print it actually does state that by accepting the cupon you get enrolled in their service and will be charged a monthly fee until you cancel it but it is definately done in a very deceptive manner. If you are going to charge for a service it should be clearly stated and there should be some sort of confirmation so that you know you are going to be charged. I for one will never do buisness with proflowers again because of this mess.

• Ga
    GammonSusan Jun 22, 2009

Yup... glad we read all this blogging! I had ordered flowers from ProFlowers (have done so many times)... the famous $1.95 fee showed up from Easy Saver (what the heck)? I am very computer savvy - I do not click where I should not or sign-up for online offerings. Yet - a stupid $1.95 charge -- not mine!

However, our credit card company was very aware of Easy Saver... they logged the incident and will refund our money. I've now (calm as I can) called Easy Saver... and they will 'take me out of their program & cancel our membership'... what the heck is that you ask???

Well, when I ordered flowers for my Aunt, I qualified for DISCOUNTED shipping with ProFlowers on my next order ... such a deal. However, you must enter your email address to receive the DISCOUNT COUPON BY EMAIL ... once you enter your email address - Easy Saver automatically grabs it & YOU get their program too. WHAT --- yup - big scam with ProFlowers... right into their program for reduced travel, hotel coupons & whatever else. And, if you do not cancel in 30-days... you guessed it - your credit card will be charged $14.95 per month for the rest of your life.

Don't want it - never needed it, didn't sign up for it & now I won't be using my discount coupon for ProFlowers... 'cause I'm very disappointed they would SCAM their clients! Hope this helps the next person who finds the Easy Saver charge that doesn't belong to them on their credit card also.