Proactiv SolutionAwful customer service and billing - its a trap!!!

C Review updated:

Proactiv is an awful company - it ranks as awfully bad as Comcast (worst service in the United States, look it up). I have used Proactiv for years starting as a teenager. When you are a teen, nothing sounds better than solving your esteem-crippling acne, especially when endorsed by young celebs at such a cheap price. Especially when you're desperate. I tried and after awhile and perfecting the science of when to use it, I was acne free. HOWEVER, I am also afraid of trying other products in case my acne flares up again. I am chained to this product.

THIS IS NOT THE HUGE ISSUE. THEY ARE A TRAP.

Every single transaction - and I do not exaggerate - has had bad consequences. An extra package I never ordered but had to pay my own money to send back, an extra billing that doesn't get refunded for six months, ignorant customer service representatives that argue you into not cancelling, other customer service representatives that answer the phone to let you know that they will call you back (and never do), mixing up your order in general, not sending things you've ordered...the list goes on. You can believe I am going to look into a better quality product that treats me like a customer and pays more attention to us than it does its marketing. Not enough endorsement from celebrities could get me to come back.

• B
      Jul 08, 2010
    Proactiv Solution - Terrible Customer Service
    Proactiv Solution
    Trenton
    New Jersey
    proactiv.com

Lying, cheating, thieves. They lie about their billing practices, send and bill you for products you didn't order, CONTINUE billing you after you've canceled, and refuse to refund you for their bogus products. Avoid doing business with these thieves at all costs.

• L
      Jan 04, 2011

Proactive sent me a kit that they charge $99.69. I had requested not to get kits and only recieve what I order. The person I talked to said to go ahead and get the next kit so that I could try out their products that were not so drying; I agreed. She gave me a date to call back on to discontinue further kits. I did but the representative said that the kit had already been sent out...I recieved it quite a bit later, so that information is questionable, but? Then I started an extremely rigorous semester of graduate school, and focused totally on that. My roomate opened the by mistake, and used one item which I will gladly pay for. The semester is over, and I would like to return the package, which is in perfect shape, minus the one item, but they say it is too late. I agree is is later than normal for a return, but graduate school is exceptional circumstances. In addition, I requested twice to never recieve automatic shipments, and I called back at the designated
    time to officially cancel this policy, but they said it was too late.

• G
      Apr 29, 2011
    Proactiv Solution - Charges Unauthorized
    Proactiv Solution

If you order the proactive solution online beware because they will offer you vitamins and whether you accept the offer or not you will begin recieving them along with the $33+ charges per month. Anyone smell a scam here!

• A
      May 03, 2011

I absolutely agree! A group of us bought their product, some of us were ok with it, but it overdried the skin for 3 of us. When we tried to cancel the order they said we just sent you a second box. The second box came with an invoice for $99.84 per person! Tried returning it with no luck. Now I am in a battle to cancel my next order which they say will ship in July (3 months from now)!!

• K
      Jul 23, 2011
    Proactiv Solution - Proactiv scamming its members
    proactiv.com

Do not order anything from proactiv. These guys scam its members by subscribing you to a plan and continue to charge your credit card 20$ every month. Lousy customer service. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THESE GUYS AGAIN.

• H
      Jul 23, 2011

it is no scam, they make it clear you are enrolled in automatic shipping and billing of the product...next time READ everything

• W
      Aug 15, 2012

Is there a way to get this practice STOPPED ?

• U
      Feb 02, 2015
    Proactiv Solution - Unethical billing service
    Proactive solution/Guthy Renker
    proactiv.com

Unethical billing practice and billing without authorization. This company is a fraud.