Primericafraud and scam

I am so glad that former Primerica reps are speaking up to the real truth of what Primerica really does to people. I especially like what PFS Truth had to say in April 2008. My husband and I joined the business about 2 years ago and slowly rose up the ranks as Divisional Leaders. We were asked to speak at meetings to motivate new people to come into the business. We followed what our RVP told us to do to the letter. Everything was fine as long as we were making money.

We were told that if we were going to become RVP's then we should like Chargebacks. We were told to tell people that term was the best policy to have. We weren't allowed to sell any other product outside of what Primerica had. We were not allowed to advertise (our) business because head office wouldn't allow it. We were told, "we were in business for ourselves but not by ourselves."

None of what they said to us was true. We were not running our own business. All we were was a means for our upline to make more money for them. If you are a new person showing up for a business opportunity then you really don't know things until you hang around long enough. The person who invited you in the meeting doesn't tell you anything until you get to the office and they show you a film. They most of the time come across as being your friend. Inviting you to their house introducing you to their other family. Giving you supper etc...

This is done to let your guard down. You think to yourself if this person invites me to their home then maybe I should trust them. They act like your friend because they have an invested interest in you because of your warm market.

I'm not bashing Primerica people, rather stating the truth. We didn't leave Primerica because we weren't making money either. We had a better offer! An offer that would enable us to tell people the truth from the beginning. As things were revealed to us we couldn't continue working for an organization who deceives people. There are alot of others who are working with Primerica who really believe they are doing the right thing.

All I can say to the Primerica supporters is that if there is smoke then there is fire. Primerica is not the victim here and doesn't not need people like you to shout out others who think there is something wrong with Primerica's methodologies.

I wonder how many current Primerica reps have read their IBA Agreement??? So my advice would be to read your IBA Agreement before you shoot your mouths off to others saying that their negative. TELLING THE TRUTH IS NOT NEGATIVE!!!

Everything PSF Truth wrote is the Truth! I don't even know who this person is but I can tell that they know how Primerica doesn't business. By the way, CITI Group has not been in business for 30 years. Primerica has been formerly named A.L. Williams. So don't push the Citigroup stuff cause you all know that Citigroup is doing really terrible right now. Especially regarding the class action lawsuit against Citigroup for deceiving investors. Do your research people! As far as I can see anyone who disagrees with facts are just trying to be wrong and strong.

• Ne
    Nextaxpro E R Rocky Feb 21, 2020

My website is forthcoming! Meanwhile, I can file Amended federal and state ( where applicable ) income tax returns regarding your losses slaving for primerica regional vice-presidents and sales. representatives. You lost money and I can help you if some, or all of your losses occurred prior to April 15th of 2017.
    Thank you so much. I am Nextaxpro. I'm also a consultant.

• Br
    Brian Kolins Sep 29, 2018

Sad how anything positive gets downvoted.
    I worked at MetLife for 5 years, and had to tell many MANY people that the policies they thought would be there for their entire life, were expiring and they needed to add a 0 to their premium checks if they wanted to keep it in force.
    If you look up ANY insurance company, you will find negative reviews about them.
    Perhaps, instead of talking to people who haven't done research, you should instead look at companies like Forbes, Wall Street Journal, and several of Primerica's biggest investors, like Vanguard and Blackrock.
    I have a feeling they've done, just a little more research, then the people who got approached by a crappy agent, from a crappy office, and think the entire company is like that.
    You do know... every company has bad apples. You do know that Primerica, with over 100k agents, likely has more bad apples than companies with 5k-10k reps...
    Is Primerica perfect? No. Nothing is.
    Are there horrible issues at Primerica? Absolutely, every company has horrible issues.
    Is Primerica the worst out there? Well, Primerica paid all their 9/11 claims within 72 hours, while Prudential, MetLife, MassMutual, and the other "big" insurance companies, all dragged their feet because of their "act of war" exclusion, meaning anything they could define as an "act of war", including terrorism, means they don't have to pay.
    Primerica simply pays. Most people who get life insurance, that is the most important aspect.

But as a rep, I too agree the "wet noodle approach" to recruiting is horrible. I've talked to people who hated my company, because they were recruited and the office was horrible. After 5 minutes of talking to this person I knew they would not be a fit, and I would never have offered them the opportunity because I know they wouldn't like it. I do not like how some people just try and offer the opportunity to anyone, but that is how some do it.

But if you think Primerica is the worst... how much money did Primerica steal from the middle class? Compared to Wells Fargo? or Goldman Sachs?

Do a search for most million dollar earners. Yeah... scams are known for having huge numbers of very successful people...

MariaLopez MyOpinion May 01, 2018

If you want a refund for their fees, write to the BBB. They hate to see their ratings lowered or to have complaints. They will refund your money ASAP

PYRAMIDING-IT-IS-VERY-VERY-EVIL-ATT-NOW-ABOMINABLE

E r just perfect Nextaxpro Oct 22, 2016

This has been KNOCKED DOWN down by primerica volunteers working for the mob PIRATE VS. AMERICA CON ARTISTS who are DETERMINED to keep their downlines, recruits and the public DECEIVED!!! http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1475922/000119312509225601/ds1.htm.
    IRS, SEC, FBI, OCC, FBI TAKE NOTICE!! CON AMERICA APOLOGISTS ARE LIARS!! ALL LIARS know when they are lying! You cannot say "not affiliated with primerica" is stealing every new policyholder and every new rep. CON AMERICA has been doing this since 2006 or 2007!! There are NEW CONS being invented often by PIRATE VS. AMERICA. It is UNBELIEVABLE!! CON AMERICA has no shame!! They are even worse than a.l. williams. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DECEIVE the public with your false witness!! Exodus 20:16, Deuteronomy 5:20, Romans 13:9, et cetera^.
    I try to educate regarding the fraud of a.l. williams, which has continued with con America, AND, become much worse! Most here are liars, frauds who are SCARED TO DEATH that their downline and potential downline will be awakened!!! THAT is why PIRACY VS. AMERICA hires BRAINDEAD, IGNORANT VOLUNTEERS to prowl online and "rebut" truths about what CON AMERICA is doing to innocent souls. CON AMERICA has a foundation of deep deception. The mafia scheme is dependant upon DECEIVING souls by telling them to get "recruits". It works like amway-quixtar.

E r just perfect Nextaxpro Oct 22, 2016

My typographical error; my mistake; my apologies. price to take the exam was $80 with a. l. williams. was $104.50 with pirate vs. america. likely to be higher now. no refunds. you also pay an iba { independent business agreement } and, the rvps and svrps never, ever tell you this: you are docked $29.50 from your bank account every month. for the few who get their money that was stolen from them refunded, it takes months of very high pressure. they receive no interest when, after several months, they finally get their money refunded that was stolen from them without their permission!! there is also, believe it or not!! a "fee" of $25 for the use of their website!!! unless obola allows the united nations to assess a fee for internet access { unfortunately very likely soon }, no one will ever have to pay to access my educational websites. http://nextaxpro.wordpress.com http://twitter.com/nextaxpro

• Re
    Reviewer57548 Feb 16, 2016

Jessica Pawlowski
    [protected]
    7cvav is client number
    requesting $99.00 refund. No longer interested in this company. Have not even worked for them yet. Had personal issues with family to sort out.

• To
    Toolbelt Nov 08, 2015

Take a look at their 2009 SEC NY filing (available online) http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1475922/000119312509225601/ds1.htm.
    In it you will see policies sold, number of reps, number of recruits, etc etc. Doing some basic math, you will see that policies sold per rep, per year averages out to less than two. You will also see their emphasis on recruiting the "next generation" of reps, which is basically admitting to high turnover rates. You will also see their concern over MLM/pyramid/scam regulation possible changes would greatly affect their business model. That one document alone is enough to counter any and all pro-Primerica arguments put forth on the net about how good a "business opportunity" it really is. As a business entity, they're great...otherwise they fall extremely short!

• Wi
    William T. Bernal Dec 16, 2014

Predatory lending by CitiMortgage via Primerica which was a Citigroup branch but since the fall of our economy, Primerica was detached from Citi. Falsifying loan document, notarizations signatures and real value of our home.

• Sh
    Shanese porter Nov 07, 2013

I will like to canel my primerice iba reason I can't afford the payments every month Shanese porter

maria carafa Sep 26, 2013

i would like to cancel my primerica membership effective immediately (sept. 26, 2013). i already informed mr. john terez last month but i wonder why i am still being deducted $25.00 this month. my reason of cancelling is lost of income. my solution id# 3xjth. i hope you will understand. respectfully, maria carafa. email address is [email protected]

Thomas Van Dyk Jun 08, 2012

I work for Mass Mutual Financial Group and we are a top notch company. In the Fortune 500 magazine as one of the most admired company in 2012. What's great about my company is that we are a Mutual company, hence Mass Mutual. What that means is the policy holders own the company and dividends are paid directly to the policy holders not shareholder and policy holders like stock companies do. We have a history of paying dividends to our policy holders for the past 160 years, since they've been in business, which if you are a history buff, that's prior to the Civil War. I have a team of specialists, not ad visors, and if you are or were looking for concepts and strategies that will be what YOU want it to look like, I am the person you want to talk to. My theory is that what I do for my clients must be what's good for them and what I do for them it MUST be something I would do for my grandmother, parents, sister, extended family and my friends. If a financial services representative tells you "this is what's best for you" and not "do you think this fits in what your big picture looks like and if it's not I will go back to the drawing board for you" then run for the hills. What I also tell my clients is this, "There are 2 outcomes that come out of my meetings with my clients: 1. you or I will stand on either sides of the table and say look I appreciate your time but I don't think this partnership is going to work or on the other hand you can say I like what you've brought to the table and I want to build a nice working relationship together. Either way we will still shake hands and part as friends." I respect and cherish my relationships with my clients and want them to feel as comfortable as possible. I will love to sit down and discuss what we can do for each other. Call me at [protected] for a free consultation. - Tom

• Al
    A lynne Apr 20, 2012

I signed my IBA yesterday and had my debit card shut off today to stop payment, that's how long it took me to realize they were scamming me. The lady who introduced me to Primerica kept telling me the most important thing I focus on right now is to get 4 new recruits. But guess what? those 4 new recruits will be told the same thing I was told...and they'll try to recruit 4 people and so on. The most important thing everyone needs to know about the so-called business is that they DEPEND on you to recruit, and that you and all the recruits to come buy the insurance that YOU are supposed to be selling. Does that sound like a job, or excuse me, a "business opportunity" to you? Where you're trying to recruit everyone one you know and there dog? and then persuade them to buy what they are originally told they would be selling? I don't know why this "company" is still in business. And I more think people need to be aware of A.L. Williams and how they did "business". Primerica may have changed a few things, such as their sign up fee, but what they did before...they will do again. If they aren't already.

maluk Nov 04, 2011

Primerica is a pyramid scheme. It's not a a real job.

• Da
    Damyth Jul 01, 2011

The first thing people should look at is what a pyramid is. I'm sure everyone is thinking that there is a entity above all in the company and this person or group of people get rich off the hard work of others. My question to all those who subject themselves to the non-informative opinion based on the comments of others, have you actually looked at your company of employment, considering you have a job? Someone owns the company you work for, and often you don't even know who this person or group is/are. You show up to work your scheduled hours, while your employer sit somewhere and gets paid for your physical service. You can never become this person in the company and moreover, you are subjected to this person, and all of the people that are under this person. Sounds like a pyramid to me, but what do you think?

andrea donovan Jun 27, 2011

I dicided not to persu this job

James0706 Mar 18, 2011

I have been a Primerica client for over 5 years, and my father has been a client since 1979, when they were known as A.L. Williams. I have always felt that they have had a significant positive impact on my family. Recently, I was told that I should be wary of this company, that they are a “scam” and a “pyramid” scheme, and that I should do some research on this company on the internet. I decided to do so, and this is what I found.

There are some very favorable articles that have been published on this company lately.
    They have been featured on/in
    -The Wall Street Journal.
    -The London Times
    -Fox Business News
    -Jim Cramer’s Mad Money
    -Wikipedia
    -Google Finance, among others.

Here are some interesting facts I found on the company:

-Been in business since 1977
    -Regulated by the SEC, FINRA, and the Dept. of Insurance in every state they are in.
    -Maintains a positive rating with the Better Business Bureau
    -Rated A+ by AM’s best, an independent insurance rating company (similar to Consumer Reports)
    -Owned for 20 years by Citi, the largest corporation in the world.
    -Recently went public, April 1, 2010. Traded on the New York Stock Exchange
    -Warburg Pincus, a private investing firm, invested $240 Million into the IPO (Initial Public Offering)
    -Before Warburg Pincus invested, they spent over $9 Million investigating the company
    -The stock is up over 50% in the last 10 months, and has been called the “IPO of the year” by Jim Cramer and others.

Here are some links you can explore yourself:

www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:PRI

/link removed/

As a matter of fact, this is the only negative information I could find on this company:

-Blogs, such as the one here, posted by anonymous people, who do not have to post their credentials, their real name, or anything to show that they are telling the truth, or even know what they are talking about.

I’m sure there are some people in Primerica who are not on the up and up. They are a large company. However, with all the government agencies, consumer advocacy groups, media, and investors looking so closely at this company for the last 34 years, I’m sure that if they were a scam, pyramid, or into any kind of shady practices, someone would have found out and shut them down by now.

I’m glad that I had an agent over 5 years ago. The simple financial advise they give
    is going to make a difference of hundreds of thousands of dollars to my family over the next 30 years. When doing research, don’t look to the “gossip”, look to the facts.

PS: You may see this post on multiple sites, I don’t like to see any of the few good companies out there get bashed undeservingly.

• Ka
    kalellog Jan 25, 2011

These blogs are great! Quite entertaining. No need to make it more complicated than it is. Before I state my opinion, I am talking from an outside perspective - my only experience has been accompanying a friend of mine to a few of the "group-support" meetings or whatever they're called. It made me laugh and I was quick to tell my friend to pursue it if he wants...but it would probably not work for him. I give props to the RVP - very eloquent and collected, just wouldn't trust him a split second on the battle ground is all. Haha - now I'm not going to accuse PFS of any illegitimacies; by all accounts its practices are clean on paper. I would simply generlize the occupation as a "sales" job...and as we all know, not all types of personalities are meant for sales, no matter what the product or service. That's it; and to be a good sales person, you either really believe in what you're selling or you're good at lying. I think the title of selling 'financial services' sounds professional to some people - more so than selling tupperwares or jewelry; I think it's about the same level - but hey...just about everything these days are considered a 'profession', heh. My next comment is this (and yeah, this'll make a lot of emotions surface for sure), but my observation (with no research backing) is that the vast majority of "sales" occupations are not college graduates (no negative incinuations intended). Perhaps it's a title thing for me...not sure. Anyone can be a "financial" expert in PFS and that's b/c anyone can be a good sales person. For example, (yes, I'm about to glorify myself b/c everyone wants to talk about themselves and their experiences - hence the purpose of bloging)- I consider myself a 'financial' expert in a very broad sense b/c I have a Bachelor's in Finance and Accounting; MBA in Finance; MA in Economics; CPA; CFA; and an occupation that one can only get with such qualifications (oh, and I'm 24). So what's my point - hmmm...I guess I wasted all that time going to school and gaining experience and certification when I could have been a professional in financial services right after dropping ot of high school. Once again, not trying to say anything negative, I mean I have a friend who sales insurance and he is doing remarkably well. I'm just stressing the distinction that this seems to be very much a front-line sales job...wait, I'm sorry, a "referral" job (forgive the word-usage). Here's some broad advice: if you have a specific goal in your career, there are no 'shortcuts'...and yes, the word "specific" is different for everyone. Laterz.

• Gl
    glazo7 Jan 20, 2011

For the person who switched to West Coast Life, this is what you should expect:
    For those that are lucky to have a Primerica Insurance, this is what the families that we have helped think of us: http://insurance.freeadvice.com/reviews/138/survey/Primerica+Insurance/

• Ad
    Addendum Dec 19, 2010

Ok first and foremost I just go off the phone with a recruiter and he wouldn't tell me much but really wanted to get to to come down to their office, so I set up a time tomorrow, then proceeded to look into this by doing my own research. The fact is, as I began typing the word "Primerica" it was quickly auto-filled with the word "scam" which was immediately a red flag. I read what many, MANY people have had to say and it seems there is a PFS debate team watch all of these sites and trying to retort and discredit all the negativity floating out there on the internet. If a company is really honest and worth getting into, why would there be page after page of testimonies of people who have been basically shafted by this organization? Things happen for a reason. Personally, I can hear my heart telling me "don't do it"... Now, I have a friend I have known since high school that works in a similar company and he has tried getting me to do it. He has never been a very good friend simply because, despite the fact he has a charming personality and is fun to party with, he is an extremely selfish person and will only do something for someone if he can benefit from it in some way. I have met a few of the people he works with and I can say they are the same way. For a person to be able to sleep soundly at night doing this line of work they have to honestly have deluded themselves to the point that they do not feel like what they are doing is wrong. Greed does this to people; and our society no only feeds into it, it also propagates this behavior and encourages it. Now I already know there is someone with some witty retort to try to discredit me and tell me I am wrong, but honestly, if someone can't see past the fact that there is tons of websites with tons of people with negative testimonies swiftly followed by more testimonies of people saying that the complaints are wrong is just a cover up, than they probably deserve to get the shaft so they can learn their lesson.

Jessica_J Dec 04, 2010

Oh, and to dispell one last myth, since the Primerica reps throw this one out there a lot too... god, no, just because I said something bad about Primerica does NOT meant I am a competing agent participating in some make-believe subterfuge to try and hurt your image. Let's be realistic... no one needs to help you hurt your image. Check out the BBB, my friends. Thousands upon thousands of other people beat me to it.

Jessica_J Dec 04, 2010

Man, I got ever so lucky. ANOTHER one tried to get me! Third time in three weeks.These guys have been coming out of the woodwork to f*ck up my holiday season, seriously. This one is also a funny story. Well, I find them all funny just because of the things that come out of their mouthes, actually.

A guy approaches me, once again at lunch at work, tells me about a great new job he is hiring for (no, NOT an "opportunity" - "job" and "hiring" were repeatedly used). We discuss, but he is dodgy. Avoids details. Very good at being ambiguous, over general, and generally controlling the conversation. But, he's also too fidgety. Then, the guy tells me about the absolute loads of money he has made with his new company, and that he is doing so well he is now a manager looking to hire his own team. ("Hire" ha ha ha)... I tell him I'll think about it.

I begin to suspect I've snagged another Primerica rep. I work at one of the largest headhunting agencies (nationally and internationally), so I do understand sales, recruiting, proposals, and the straw-man "corporate-structuring-is-an-MLM-so-you're-stupid" arguments I am so tired of hearing. But these guys just keep coming out, with the SAME lines, all lies, and all blatantly against Primerica's own code of ethics. If I hear that "Oh, if you go to McDonalds and get one rude cashier, is it the company's fault" thing one more time, I'm going to lose it. Over-generalization, deflection. I've been approached by multitudes of Primerica reps (especially as of late), and I have yet to find a single one who is not a blatant, outright liar (before we even touch on how horribly misleading and coy they are). Most of them are also too uneducated to pull this act off without their uplines to change their diapers, too. I have many friends and family who have fallen prey to these people too, and once again, I have yet to hear a single story which is not a tale told with a grimace, some anger, and a chunk of humiliation.

So, I have a question for you Primerica reps out there: I'm sure one or two of you out there have genuine logical intelligence. Help me out on this. If you went to every McDonald's within a 50-mile radius, and at every single one, you got subpar food, terrible and rude service, and they overcharged you every time, WOULD YOU THINK THERE IS JUST MAYBE, PERHAPS, IN SOME WAY SOMETHING WRONG WITH MCDONALDS???? And if every person you knew (in real life, not the anonymous internet forums) that you trusted and respected had the same story, would you think twice about going back again? If you did, would you go in eventually expecting the same old sh*t waste of your time? DURHHH.

Anyways, I ask where he works, and it's always the same answer "a financial services company." I ask him what the specifics of the job are, what the job title is, and I get sketchy things like "helping others, " "earning a good living, " (yeah, I rolled my eyes too... oh, look, a cute little tree hugger trying to sell insurance, WTF)... and "well, it's, you know, financial services stuff, like in the financial sector, you know." (Well, if I didn't know before, sh*t, I DO NOW! Obviously, it's like, you know, like, some of that, like... financial stuff!)

The guy pauses again, telling me how amazing his company is, and how I'd be a perfect fit on the team, and how I'd soon earn an unlimited income. He claims he is making all this money and buying Christmas gifts for his family and filling his hot tub time machine with Benjamins and Franklins (okay, I exaggerated - there was no time machine).

I tell him I'll think about it. He says, "Oh, certainly, let me get you my card!" and pulls out a little yellow post it note pad, which is smeared with pencil lead, because he's already written his name and number on every post it and reassembled the thing! I had suspected it before, but that's when I knew he was Primerica. It's been a long while since someone claiming to make boatloads of cash did something so trashy. They should teach you guys about appearances. Buy a few business cards, they are cheap! Or for god's sakes, pretend to be out of them, and write it down at that time! ... "Oh, one more thing... you're a Primerica rep, aren't you?" ... "Oh, YEAH! How'd you know?" (excited voice) ... "NOT A CHANCE."

While we are here, let's discuss corporate hierarchy versus MLM. I'd personally like to work for an organization with defined business practices which are above reproach. You guys always tout your SEC record. Fine, all yours. I'm going to tout your BBB record (which is akin to the bubonic plague's love child with ebola). Gee, maybe that's a company-wide problem, not blaming McDonald's for one cashier. Tens of thousands of issues, multitudes of which were never resolved to the customer's satisfaction. Hmmmm... glad that's not a red flag for any of you people. I'm also glad the government has strict guidelines for your crappy, overpriced insurance. If only they had strict guidelines for all the liars out there deceiving people, disguised as Primerica reps who "want to help you" (oh, and PS, I need 10 names of family and friends, STAT!). I need to get a tape recorder, because every Primerica rep I've met in real life talks to me about a job, an interview, pay to be discussed at the interview, office assistants, various positions, upper management, etc. All a load of BS. You want a sales person/recruiter/marketer. NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS. You must find that resorting to lies and deceptions is a necessity (probably because Primerica Freakin Sucks!). It's funny how they literally never mention commission until they have you mid-interview with their uplines to try to coerce you!

I'm OK with the fact that people above me benefit from my labor in my job in corporate america. I earn my keep, without lies and deceit. And unlike you whiny Primerica grunts who say "Oh, anyone can do it and get to the top and make a million a year, unlike in corporate america" I CAN DO IT. You people always decry any PFSer as 'lazy' or 'stupid' or 'misinformed' etc... How asinine is it to assume you know I can't make it to the top in my position at my company? You're touting your abilities to climb the proverbial ladder while trying to knock me down a few pegs? Does that actually work on some people, the whole make-them-feel-less thing? That really disgusts me. Every Primerica rep that says that to me always makes my day. I get a good hearty, genuine laugh out of it. I worked from growing up on welfare to being a millionaire, by working very hard, with drive, and genuine intelligence. And, shoot, I haven't even graduated college yet! Man, I must be [censor]ed! I could never make it past medicrity, right? You people have to prey on the weak, and that's truly pathetic. Any time I say "This isn't for me, " I'm lazy. Any time I say "No, I am NOT interested in an MLM, " I'm stupid... don't you guys get seminars on POSITIVE selling practices at all? Seriously?

I'd be quite curious to hear someone with genuine replies to my statements. I have this felling, though, in the pit of my stomach, that it's going to be like trying to read some of the stuff the Mormon apologetics put out there (in other words, it will hurt and maim my brain cells).

So - to all of you considering, JUST SAY NO. Sometimes you work harder trying to not have to work than you would if you just sucked it up and got a real job. This is one of those things that's not for most, in my honest opinion!

Troy Jackson Dec 04, 2010

I had Primerica Life Insurance up until 3 days ago when my new policy came in the mail. It's with West Coast Life, 37% lower rates, with conversion and I didn't have to listen to some creep for 2 hours trying to recruit me while I bought it. I actually came on here 2 months ago researching Primerica when I found Eric Smith aka YourLifeSolution.com and switched over, no pyramid scheme and no over-priced bs, sign me up Mr Smith I said!

• Cr
    Craig M. Dec 04, 2010

Let me just say this. I've worked in finance for a long, long time with reputable companies. It's a shame to see what Primerica has done to some clients of mine. Can you make money selling financial services that are disguised to help people in this bad market while convincing them that they will make a lot of money doing the same? Of course. Is it ethical? No.

The devil is in the details. If you want information on financial services and "investment counseling", go see a reputable company... New York is full of them. Companies like Primerica should be outlawed much like they are in many other countries around the world. Their profits have never been higher while people suffer as a result.

Best to you all.

• In
    Ineedhelp Nov 30, 2010

Hi I have two Primerica Reps coming over tonight to bring back my monthly budget and a dinner that they invited us to Thursday night. When they were trying to explain to me how it is that they work, all I could think of was PYAMID. They gave me a sheet to list ten people that I care about, and an (IBA) application to fill out. I need advice on what to say to them before they come over tonight I don't want to be the next Primerica victim.

Jessica_J Nov 15, 2010

I just want to point something out, for you readers who are considering this. See http://www.primerica.com/public/primerica_disclosures.html.

Read carefully. Here’s a direct quote for you: “In the 12‑month period ending in December 2009, Primerica’s sales force consisted of approximately 100, 000 life‑licensed representatives, to whom the Company paid a total of $515, 691, 076 in compensation, an average of $5, 156 per licensed representative.”

So, averaged out, Primerica life insurance licensees make under $430 per month? Under $100 per week? For alienating how many relatives, friends, and complete strangers?

Be wary of opportunities that sound too good to be true. This may not be a scam in the legal sense and definition of the word, but that does not mean that it is not COMPLETELY deceptive. Personally, I got hooked by a Primerica guy named Alex. I went to one of their interviews - funny story. He stopped me near my work in downtown Phoenix, gave me his name and number, fed me the usual lines. He also told me that his financial services company was hiring everything from “office assistants to receptionists to marketers to upper management” – YES, THAT IS WHAT HE TOLD ME, VERBATIM. Ha ha, I was stupid enough to attend that free-for-all he alternately called a job fair, open house, career fair, interview, etc.

I dressed up in business attire as instructed (then was told how ridiculously over dressed I was when I got there, alongside many other left handed compliments and belittling snide remarks). I drove there. I wasted my time and my money, and definitely flushed a bit of self-respect and dignity for being STUPID enough to listen to someone like Alex and think "gee, maybe good things are coming for me after a rough patch, and right before Christmas too!" Why? Because the only thing that was true was that they were hiring marketers. Literally EVERYTHING else he told me was a bold-faced, blatant lie (which leads me to believe I would absolutely hate to see/hear what else they lie about when they pitch their over-priced "products" to you).

Primerica and their reps CONSTANTLY seem to [censored] and moan about how unfair it is that everyone debates online about whether or not they are a scam. Some of them seem to just parrot the same old responses, or they attack you like a 5 year old sqabbling over a bouncy ball. They constantly attack anyone who says anything against their piranha ways (using the same old dodgy phrases and ambiguous answers). So, here's a little advice from a girl with a real education and a real job, from a girl who can pay her bills without conning and deceiving people, a girl who can sleep at night, and rightfully so:

If you want people to stop wondering if your darling company is a scam, perhaps a good way to start would be with some form of trust or honesty (gosh, I wish I could have even gotten the [email protected]$$ed courtesy of a half-truth from my new bff-from-the-moment-he-spotted-me, Alex!). Many “associates” (or insert other lofty, worthless title here ______) use a highly deceptive approach that consists of downright lies, serious exaggerations, or if you’re extremely lucky (as in, you have a better shot at winning the lottery), half-truths at best to get you to come to their “open house” or “career fair” or “job interview" (or, once again, insert other worthless yet hope-inspiring buzzword here ________).

Primerica reps: I don’t appreciate people like you. I will absolutely never respect people like you. Perhaps at best, I will pity some of you for being brainwashed. But most of all, NEVER, EVER, IN A MILLION YEARS would I consider being associated with – let alone working with – people who blatantly lie to myself and many others, try to capitalize on a depressed economy and hard times, try to con, deceive, use, and take advantage of many honest, hard-working individuals, and people who show utter disrespect of my (or any other hard-working person's) time. You Primerica people call me ignorant for posting similar things as this... who is truly ignorant?

My time is worth approximately $25 per hour, or $1000 per week. Your time, on average, is worth UNDER $100 per week (as of 2009)! Be my guest, go ahead and waste your time, tell me what an idiot I am, tell me about all these golden opportunities and claims that you refuse to actually produce any form of proof of... but leave me and the other honest, hard-working people out of your lying schemes. Time is money, and I don't have time or money for anymore Primerica bull-oney.

Primerica, fix your multitude of lying "recruiters" and you stand a chance at repairing your image.

Please see the following web page for the Primerica Code of Ethics (of which I have yet to meet or hear of anyone that actually follows it): http://investors.primerica.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=233037&p=irol-govConduct

In summary, if they have lied to or deceived you, don't let it be in vain - report details by e-mailing [email protected] or calling the ethics hotlines... non-employees: [protected] or employees: [protected] .

Jessica
    Phoenix, AZ

• Ju
    judy_breed Oct 24, 2010

I just like to ask one question. If you think the company was not doing the right thing for their client, why did you continue working for them? I don't know about you, but if I am working for a company and the min I find out the lie to people I leave right a way.

• Tu
    Tusde Burrow Oct 22, 2010

In April of this year, Primerica came out from under the citigroup umbrella, finally. I was a client for 3 years before joining, and the company has helped me tremendously, when other companies are just wanting to screw me. With my base shop, we don't teach to sell products for the sake of selling, we teach how money works.

I am sorry for your experience. Do you blame Burger King for the mistakes of the drive thru staff at one Burger King? ...

Trent Lagoria Sep 17, 2010

it's not wrong, it's just more logical to get term insurance through a company like TERM4SALE.com or YOURLIFESOLUTION.com because they cost less and have better conversion options as opposed to Primerica's no-conversion garbage. Also other operations wont try to recruit you into their downline.

The difference between a real opportunity and this nonsense is that real opportunities typically want to limit who they bring in to it.

• St
    Stach Sep 16, 2010

How can getting people protected with term insurance, get them to become debt free and invest so they can be financially independent when they retire be WRONG????????

**Chio** Sep 01, 2010

I just starded primerica A week ago.. Everithing looks too good to be tue.. But is everithing good i mean They Invited Me to puerto rico...And well I am now in doubt rather than exited at reading alll this... WHO TO BELIEVE WHO TO BELIEVE??????HELP!!!

Trent Lagoria Aug 09, 2010

I absolutely rescent this company, I started a blog to help spread the word about them please post your complaints go here> primericacomplaints.blogspot.com

• Ji
    jimmypop Jun 22, 2010

You should get your money back. These are scoundrels. What ever happened to pre-screening and not putting a person through this. Not them!! They while try to hire a pig if that pig has a social insurance #.

• Se
    seubanks7 Apr 09, 2010

I just have to say something... I really really have to just put my two cents in... I can guarantee that half these ppl that posted comments are older than me... and some of these comments are outrageous... I don't get it sometimes... If the job isn't for you don't do it.. whats so hard about that.. If you don't feel comfortable spending 99 dollars to get an insurance license don't be an insurance salesman... If wasn't satisfied with how much money you made or getting other people to do it.. then go to another job where u feel it is comfortable to u where u are working hourly wages... see for yourself if you are a newbee to the company and are trying to find out information on it.. because thats what im doing and some of these people on here are just ridiculous and i haven't even started yet... if Primerica is a scam, so is Liberty national and all the other insurance companies... either or... when it comes to sales and commissioned based.. everyone will or at least most will think its a scam... I don't ever talk bad about a company... every company has its good and its bad... like cell phone companies and stores.. everything has a competitor... but i was just reading some of these and goodness im only 21 years old and people on here it just sucks to see older people, your elders talk worse than you... thas all... this just may not be a business for you...

The Knowledgeable One Mar 26, 2010

I have to think this person is not telling the truth. Here is a couple things wrong with his post.

Haha. This is great. I was at the bar the other night, absolutely smashed and some man started talking to me about this great way to invest my money. He explained to me some crazy math problem on a napkin. Then, asked me for my number to have his manager call me. I gave it to him. Give me a break, I was drunk.

If he was drunk, then how can he remember that it was a napkin, not a peice of paper or something. but then again the next set tells me a lot about him.
    ---------------

I guess the guy saw something in you. What it is I am nto sure but he wanted the person to at least feel they were not wasting their precious time with a loser.
    ---------------

I am curious what is a good 9 to 5 job? I mean all those people who are unemployed had those great 9 to 5 jobs. And most have one to three different degrees. And they are unemployed. But those that own a business, that has no over head, no true cost, unless you are a RVP, can only become unemployed by QUITTING. I guess you need to lose your job and find out that your degree is not really anything but a piece of paper.

----------

I am so glad that he is not my friend. I mean in this economy where everyone is looking to make money, he is willing to not talk about this opportunity. I mean where can I make 1000 to 3000 dollars extra a month, working 40 hours in a month. And it is legal. I eman if he was my friend and i found out, he would be off my Christmas Card list.
    ------------------

I asked her what the name of the company was and did a google search on Primerica. The 'SCAM' in all the results definately sent up a red flag. Luckily, I work in marketing so I could recognize her tactics. They must have a handbook, because the one website I visited nailed her speil exactly.

I curious can a same company go IPO? No it can't. Can a company that is making 500 million dollars in profit go IPO? Yes. Do they follow a game plan? Yes. He says he is in marketing, but if he had half a brain he would know all companies in sales and recruitment do it all the same. They look for people that might be good at what they do, not always in the same business but has some core abilities, and then make the pitch.

As for visiting a website, I agree they have not changed their tactics in 10 years. Not because they are bad, but because they work. Just like the Army recruiting does not show them having MRE's clean the latrine and camping in the desert, but showing them do the fun stuff. It works but then again the only people who hate it to work is those that have to compete against them across the kitchen table and lose. Did you know that Primerica is expected to bring in over 200 million dollars to Citi on on the IPO and considerably more when they sell the rest of their stocks? I bet you did not know that those who bought the stock in the company went on to become millionaires and retire early? But then this person sees it as a scam.

If the masses are doing one thing, to be rich do the Opposite.

Jocelyn Elizabeth Mar 25, 2010

She just called me a little while ago. She offered me a job. Told me how highly her associate spoke of me, which was hard to believe since I had drank about ten beers and almost fell out of my barstool during our conversation. I told her I was not interested. I am a college student and already have a well-paying 9-5. So, she tried digging for some of my friend's phone numbers to offer them a job. I told her that if they were interested, I would have them call her.

All I can say is, LAME.

The Knowledgeable One Mar 14, 2010

You are suing terms that are really out there and need to be addressed:

The Knowledgeable One:

Quote: I ahve to say this is happening a little more with the economy doing what it is, and how many people are out of work.

Response: I may be unemployed but I'm very careful about opportunities and who I might be potentially working for. Just because Primerica is exploiting this resource doesn't mean it's necessarily a good thing for any potential employee.

This explains you do not understand Primerica definitely. Primerica is not looking for employees, they are looking for people who want to make money. You might be saying employees want to make money too but their is a difference. Employees expect a check even if they do not work, do not contribute to company making money. Primerica is looking for people who want to get paid for working not for showing up. There is a big difference.

As for exploiting, how can they be exploiting making an offer? Are they using channels that are normal when you are looking for people? Yes. Are they recruiting people? Yes. Is this exploitation or wrong? NO. Unless you think ever company out there is wrong and the whole system of employment is wrong. Then you need to move to a country like Cuba where the communist rule.
    -------------

Quote: Well, in all your pre interveiws on the phone did they answer any questions, other than the position and the company name. When I interview people, I do nto tell them alot just that I have a position opened at my store, I do not tell them the position untuil I am thinking about hiring them.

Response:Well, here's a question for you: if a potential employer cannot even disclose what position they're hiring for how do they expect a potential employee to prepare for that interview? In my experience, anybody I've had initial contact with has been upfront about the job position I'd be interviewing for. From what you've said, I gather you either don't respect/trust potential hires very much or you're not very good at finding the right hires. Even staffing agencies have to disclose position titles when they match employer to employee so what you say doesn't make sense (except if you want to put potential hires at a disadvantage).

No, I do trust them, but if they are not interested enough to come in for an interview, especially when there is a glut of people fro me to pull on. I mean 12, 000 people show up for 300 positions. And that was just to fill out an application. How many will show up for an interview? But again this is not an employment arrangement, but an opportunity to make money. AS I read this more and more, You are have an employment mentality, which was great for the last economy when people are looking for employees only. Most are looking for more.
    As for staffing companies, they all do a preliminary interview, before they even tell you the positions they are looking at, to make sure you fit. I have had people that look great on paper but turned out have tattoos and 6 earings per ear, that would not be in the my best interest to hire. But I never told them the position since then they can't say I am being discriminatory. This is what my lawyers suggest.
    --------

Quote: I am curious why are you thinking they are hooking people in? You must ahve been reading the internet. They do not hook any one in, but they do offer opportunities to earn extra income.

Response: This is my initial impression from the phone call, not the thorough, internet research I conducted. However, the more and more stories I read the more I must say that things do not add up with this company. There are other stories out there that match my experience. Coincidence? I think not. You're either naive or willingly ignorant if you think that there are companies that don't employ strategies like what happened to me. I'm not looking for opportunities to earn "extra income" (which is what you'll also find with Mary Kay), I'm looking for a CAREER.

I am so glad you said that. Since you are looking for a career, you are looking to be an employee. Since many employees know how bad that can be, (Look at 12.5% unemployment, and this is only the people who are getting unemployment, not the true numbers.) please look for a career. You will be unemployed again at least 2 more times before you are unable to get a job since you have hit the 50 year old mark. At which time if you do not have any skills that are not able to be learned on the job, like certifications, you will have to work for companies that will not let you get a head, where you will get minimum wage and work just under the minimum hours so they do not ahve to offer you benefits.

Those that want to make extra income and get a business going, that they can do part time while learning the trade, and not jumping with both feet into an unknown depth of water, to make sure that you are a good fit for this position, then please stay on the same course you are on.

By the way those that are making 100.000 a year in Primerica will tell you they never expected to do this for their living, but found out that it was worth the work. And 100.000 dollars a year business is worth 175, 000 to 300, 000 a year job.
    --------------

Quote: If you are nto good in sales then I do nto think you will ever get anohter job. Everyone has a fear of the no, but when someone is looking for a job they are all sales people. They are selling themselves. How did you figured you not good at sales? I am sure you were not good at adminstrative stuff, until you got trained and taught. SO this line I am not good is sales is really a line.

Response: Excuse me? Who do you think you are to assert such a thing? I'm sorry, but not everybody is a "sales person" as you assert. I might be "selling" myself and my skills but not my gullibility. I very good at office administration for one very specific reason: experience. I'm not using any line because I'm pointing out that which I'm NOT good at, which is sales. The only reason I entertained the Primerica phone call at all was because I was looking for an admin job and that is all. Oh, and I know I'm not good at sales because I've tried it (Mary Kay) and discovered it wasn't for me.

If you are so good at getting a job, why do you not have one. If you are so good, you would have been picked up immediately, but you have not, so either you are not as good as you said you are or you in a feild that has a glut. Either way you are on the short end of the stick.

As for comparing Mary Kay selling to Primerica, let us go through the list again. Mary Kay does not teach you to sell. Every time My wife has an invite by them or one of our friends children ask to do visit for a make over. (I think this is what they say.) It is apparent to her, and me that they are not taught sales. I teach sales people, and they are not taught anything. Primerica is not anything like that, but Here are some examples:
    1. Licensing, Do you have to get licensed to Sell Mary Kay? No.
    2. Do you go through training and have a mentoring program where you watch and train on how to do the presentation, and learn how to answer questions? I am not sure but what I ahve seen no.
    3. Do they teach you how to overcome objections? Not really. My wife learned from me how to make them tell her why she should buy something. Every time they go home empty handed.
    4. What inventory does Primerica needs to buy? Every form is given to them. Every document they need is available. Most of the time it is free.
    5. Lastly, Is Mary Kay even have any Federal or any Government rules on who can join and what they can say? I think not. (Please don't use the the fact they are regulated because of the cosmetics, because that is about teh product not about the people, nor the training.)

So comparing Mary Kay to Primerica is like comparing Walmart to Mary Kay. Yes they both sell items and have inventories, but that is where the points diverge.
    -------------

Quote: As for the second part, So he does not answer all your questions on the phone. I guess you must think that you get that from every person who calls on your resume. If someone starts asking me questions, I tell them we will handle that in the interview process, do you still want the interview? I am not going to waste my time setting something up if the person is not willing to wait.

Response: Have you ever heard of informational interviewing? When you get a call from a potential employer and would like to ask some questions before the interview (such as job title, name of interviewer, location of interview)? I would actually like to know what I'm interviewing for and I don't think that's a lot to ask, especially from a person I don't know. Not having this information puts people at a disadvantage before the interview. This isn't a matter of waiting it's a matter of matching the right job with the right person. I'm an administrative assistant and former teacher, why would I interview for a job that doesn't match my skill set and waste that person's time? Are you kidding me? If this is the type of tactic you employ when interviewing people then I feel very sorry for your potential hires or the job was never that great to begin with.

First thing, Most of the People I give interviews to are happy to get an interview. Maybe you are getting tons of interviews, and no jobs and then you need to look at yourself. The average for me is for every 10 people that I look at, I give 2 interviews. And most of those are off Monster/Hot Jobs. If I am giving them an interview, they are not asking me why, but thank you. The reason why I do not give information is because they will talk themselves out of the interview, and the job. It is beneath me, it is not what I really want, I am not a sales person. Since I hire non sales people all the time and train them to be sales people, that is why I do not give out information. My best sales person was an office clerk, like you, but said in the interview I am not a sales person. She made 6 figures last year, working 40 hours a week, without ahving to be responsible for anyone else. And she is just one of the many success stories I have. Since you do not know about sales, it is hard to retrain someone on doing the rigth way, and I have learned that starting out with the clay first, is a lot easier that to try to redo a pot already finished.

I feel sorry for you, since you are shortening your lists of jobs. I do hope that you know that unemployment is not this thing you can be on for ever, and you will have to find a job soon.
    ----------------

Quote: That is what they call cold calling. People do it on resumes all the times when they want to find good people. Before the big layoffs, I had to do that all the time to find the good people since they are usually working.

Response: There's cold calling and then there's cold calling. The phone conversation I had with the Primerica representative felt more like a sales pitch than someone looking to match a job with a qualified, potential employee. Cold calls are more associated with sales. I know since I used to do cold calls when lining up ads for my high school year book. I've had potential employers call me regarding my resume and it never felt like they were pitching me a new "opportunity, " just a job for a qualified candidate.

No you are comparing cold calling for a product and cold calling for a position or opportunity. Selling a product is totally different that selling a job/position/opportunity.
    This is because selling a product is easy, it fits or it doesn't. An Xl large shirt fits or it doesn't. This opportunity is more dimensional than the way you think. Just like the person who looks good on paper is not a good fit, there is more questions and reasons not to give information out.
    ----------

Quote: First comparing Primerica to MaryKay is like comparing a bicycle to a car. Yes they are both modes of transportation, but they are not similar after that. Primerica has so many legal things you ahve to go through. You have to past test and get licensed. Mary Kay does not have do any of that. Also they do not train you at Mary Kay, anything like they train you at Primerica

Reponse: I disagree. Mary Kay started out as a friendly, casual encounter with an acquaintance in my neighborhood who invited me over to her house to look at some products. Then the sales pitch began. Yes, the choice was mine until I did more research and learned that this is how MLM companies work. Not only do they target the casual, unknowing consumer, but potential employee and that person's family. Yes, there is no licensing involved with Mary Kay but if you want to sell their products you must have an inventory which you must buy (with your own money). They make their money selling that inventory to unsuspecting, unknowing people and then when they come to their senses and sell that inventory back, they're out a couple 100 bucks. That's how Mary Kay makes their money. And, sure Mary Kay trains you... that's why they have meetings every month. I know, I was at one of those meetings so you're incorrect. I'm also hearing that there isn't much "training" at Primeric either.

Well if you do not like MLM then please do nto work for any company that you are not the boss and only worker. Because As I said they are all Multi Level. The only difference is that Primerica and Mary Kay both allow you to be the boss some day, if you work hard enough. I do not think any company you worked for were you ever close to being the next in line to be the boss. Also do you not tell your family you have a new job? ANd you tell them the company? And do you not tell them to use this company if you need their products? If not, that will explain why you are unemployed.

As for MaryKay yes you have to buy inventory with your own money, but then again all business buy inventory with their own businesses, except Primerica. They give you the forms you use. The companies they sell investments for gfive them the information to them for free. And you can make money at Primerica, if you work, not just show up.

As for training once a month, Wow!!! (Sarcrasm sorry) You must have mistaken me for saying training and not monthly meetings. Primerica has not only the monthly meeting you are talking about, but they have at least 2 training a week, plus one on one with your trainer, if you ask for it. (Most people who fail do not ask for the help!) At my Business, I have daily training meeting, along with training on new products and new items, and new ideas. These go on every week. So if you are comparing training at Mary Kay to Primerica, in a year Mary Kay has the same amount of training that Primerica has in a month. Also this is training on how to sell, not how to pass the test, that is seperate. Do you see the difference?
    ------------------------

Quote: Secondly, Primerica has the best reputation in the business. Look at their track record, 1 SEC complaint in 30 years. And that one they brought to SEC. 0% of their loans are these toxic ones everyone is hearing. 100% of the loans get the people out of debt faster. Showing Families how to retire with dignity, and not get taken advantage of. Selling the correct insurance all the time. The only thing you will ahve to worry about your reputation is am I tarnising Primerica's.

Ok Now you are sounding like an agent that lost a deal to a Primerican Agent. But I will treat you with more respect than they treat their clients.

As for CitiGroup, It is no longer called that but it is Called Citi. That is like saying since a doctors practice is bought out by a big Insurance Company and the Doctor is just like that company. It is not. Citi merged/bought Travelers group made it Part of CitiGroup. they are not protected by Citi. Matter of fact Primerica is the only part of Citi that is making money for them. They have been trying to sell them so they can get out of the mess that the rest of their groups did to them. They could not get what they are worth, so they are sellign them through an IPO. I know this might be above your head since you are not in sales and only have an employee mentality but this is a good thing for Primerica. This way they get to keep the money they have been giving to Citi's failing ventures for themselves.
    --------------

I am curious do you under the business opportunity they offer? It is not an employee position, but an opportunity to make money and own your own business. By the way the tax laws are designed for business owners and not employees.
    And if you wanted to work for Allstate, or state farms, would they be any different. Yes they make you get your license before you can make a commissions. You have to pay for your licenses and then they reimburse you after you get them. And the failure rate is not as low as you think, and the cost is over 1500 dollars.

As for the SEC, I know you do not have enough knowledge about them but they are not like the Transportation Department. They get part of the fines for finding errors. They are ever vigilant.
    -------------

Then you are not getting your positions at MACY's. Your job is to sell. That means to add accessories and other items. You asre not there to show thing to people but sell. If you think that is not being done and they keep people who help consumers then you will be fired when your numbers are not what they are supposed to be, usually under 90 days.
    --------------

Well Let us look at what Primerica sells and how it works:
    1. Life Insurance: They sell term insurance which is 2 to 12 times less expensive than what most agents sell. It is what dave Ramsey says to buy, along with Suzer Orman. They do not sell it as a lose leader where the company will call to get it switched but the only life insurance they sell.
    2. Loans: they show people how to save money on the total amount they are paying. They do not focus on interest rates but total cost. Which is better paying $100, 000 in interest over the loan or $200, 000? Is paying for 30 years better or 20? (To quote Dave Ramsey, shorter payments is always better. ) Is getting a loan that gets you out of debt in 20 years versus never, is that better.( Never would be those interest only loans, or those pesty credit cards that take 40 years to get out of debt if you are paying the minimums like most people are.)
    3. Investments: Please tell me what company will go to the persons house and do a 50 month education fund? None of the big mutual fund people, they will get penalized for the small account and malke no money on it. I know this since I ahd a small account for my granddaughter at UBS and when I transfer my major accounts, they told me to take this one since it was to small for them to keep. It would cost them money and time.
    Also who educates peopel on where to get 8 to 12% rate of returns? Not the banks nor the Credit Unions they keep you in savings accounts that get .1/4% (Yes that is less than 1%)

So please tell me who is going to help these people if not Primerica?

You mentioned a big word their counterintuitive. It has to do with intuition. and your whole post says it so well. A rich man once said this: If you want to be poor do what the intuitive people do, if you want to be rich do the opposite. You might want to look at that.
    ------------------------------

Well Since Primerica does what Dave Ramsey say to do, Buy Term and Invest the difference. Get out of debt faster not slower. And he does say to pay less interest than more. I am not sure where you are getting this information from, other than made from your intuitive side. I think this is the same side that says to look at interest rates not what you are paying total for the items. This is the magic trick they do with loans.

As for being part of them, Yes I ahve my money invested with a Primerican agent, they came to my house many years ago and showed me how to be able to get to retirement. They did not charge a fee for this, unlike all these advisors trying to get to me now.They redo this Map every year I ask for it, but since I own a business doing well I do not worry about it.

When they go public I will be buying shares, because it is a company that will be doing well for the next century.
    ---------------------------------

Quote: First Primerica does nto take advantage of anyone. Their products have been proven and agreed upon by Dave Ramsey and Suze Orman to be the right type of products. UInliek most of the Sales people in the Insurance business, selling cash value over term and mutual funds. This is happening in your Hispanic Community heavily. They are also attacked with these ARM loans that end up costing them their house.

You misunderstand.( That is a surprise!!!) If you have a home loan and credit card debts that are going to get paid off in 30 years, and you can combine them and get out of debt in 20 years, saving thousands of dollars in interest payments alone, Thus allowing you to invest more in your retirement and kids college, and cost less per month, Dave Ramsey agrees. He says to pay of your debt faster. That is how their refinancing works, but it not like most other refinancing works.

As for the comment of advisors, Let us see what they suggested for the last ten years, Do Adjustable rate mortgages and refinance every 2 to 5 years. Do not get a plan to get out of debt other than to use the house as a piggy bank. Worry about Interest rates, not total cost. So as for be self respecting, you need to see the first part of that word, self, because that is what they look out for first.
    -------------------------------------------

No Dave Made his mark selling his books. The only reason why I use him is that he says to get out of debt faster than slower. He also says to term insurance is the best life insurance. He does fall into the game of interest rates, but since interest rates can be a bad game to play. Which is better to pay 200, 000 for your house or 300, 000? Most people think 200, 000 and that is what Primerica shows people how to do. Since most people do not use the 15 year loan, Dave advice is not able to be used to compare to Primerica. (Actually if you combine the two, you will get out of debt faster and sasve even more money, but that is the advance course.)
    ----------------------

And I would not trust them either. That is why Primerica has been in the industry but been fitting the industry for the last 30 years. IF you did any research you would know this. It is the found tenet. They started with insurance companies, and beat them. then went in against the banks for the inability to not get a decent return on your money. Then they went after the banks and mortgage people to show them how to get out of debt faster, so they can see retirement at 60 or earlier, not 70 if ever.
    But it is apparent you have done no research on this company ever.
    --------------------

Wrong. Since you do not do research let me enlighten you. You can't sell any investment to an illegal alien. First the SEC, the departmetn you said let them skid by, will stop the trade. The state will stop you from selling insurance to them, and they can't do a loan with them. So you are wrong here again.

Secondly, the ones here legally are taken advantage because they are not educated. That is something that Primerica does with all their clients. They teach them about life insurance, so they do not buy the type with the investments. (Dave agrees with this) They are sold this type by all these other agents, but it will be imploding before they get to use it. They show them how to get out of debt faster which is good for people, or do you think having debt for life is good. (This is something banks and credit unions believe in. This is how they make their money.) They show them where to get 8 to 12% rate of return and not the 1/4 of a percent they get from the bank and credit unions.

Lastly, They are so regulated, it is not even funny. A coupel of years ago they were doing an investigation on my Life insurance, nothing bad just they had another agent complain that he took me away from him illegally. I complained about my past agent, not my Primerican agent. The SEC, state and federal loan departments, and insurance commissionaires.
    -----------------

Quote: They are not allowed to work with anyone that is here illegal since they require proper id. So they never take advantage of anyone.

Response: Hmmm... Again, how do you know this for sure? That's why there's an underground black market for fake id's and social security numbers. It's interesting that you're asserting that Primerica could never take advantage of anyone... do you have something like a quote from their "training" manual to back that up?

So you can know something, I am recruited ever so often. Especially when my agent, hears I am complaining about my own business. I asked some questions about false IDs since I got in trouble with one of my workers having one. He had training on it, about how the company found about this bad id, sent a copy of it around and then had training on what to look for it since it was becoming a problem. So yes they do ahve people who lie and cheat on their applications but they are caught and not allowed. This si what the company does, along with the federal and state authorities.

As for a training manual, it si done by the company and the federal and state. Since they handle it, they just warn the agents to keep an eye out for that. Remember with Primerica you are in business for your self, but not by yourself.
    ---------------------------

Quote: Since you bring up reputation. Primerica has a stellar one. Do you know their is a vetting process, that include they can turn you down. So you might not be able to work with them.

Since you are reading post from many agents who ahve tried to fight Primerica in the real world and lost time and time again, and anyone can post what they want anonymously, with no reason of being caught, I guess you are really being duped. I bet you believed the story about the woman finding a finger in her chili at Wendy's?

As for taking anyone, no they do have many qualifications, which I will not bore you with. but if you really inspected the company you would know this.
    -------------

Since I covered this before, I will keep it brief. IT is the same reason I rather not hire sales people, for my sales people. They like to start new. I consider my sales staff more of educators than sales, byut let me give you examples of what Primerica does:
    1. Term Insurance get 10 times the insurance for less money. Is that sales?
    2. Get 8 to 12% rate of return, versus 1/4%. Would that be sales?
    3. Get out of debt in 20 years and save thousands of dollars. Would that be sales?
    On these three points I see education not sales. Show me where I can do that.

The problem with sales people they think they know more than the person. They ahve to be untrained. Some expect the leads to come to them. Some expect to ahve lay downs all the time. This is the reason I like to start from scratch, and why I took this position after seeing how Primerica worked.
    --------------

Quote: As for comparing them to MaryKay, Primerica has no inventory to buy. They are not similar other than they have the same structure, but that structure is at every job. You have people making money off your work called managers, and then they have people making money off them all the way to CEO's and Presidents. So please do nto think that just bvecause you saw Mary Kay you understand Primerica. You no more understand Primerica, than you would understand how my office works.

First you missed the point again. All companies are Multilevel marketing, ion the sense when you join them they expect you to tell everyone that you know work for them and to bring in more business. This is why MACY brings in people to sell so they can get their friends in there. They do not hire a lot of 16 years old when they have 30 years old that can get their friends in.

Secondly, let me ask you a couple questions:
    Would you family get mad at you if you showed them a way to their money to make more money? I hope not.
    Would you family get mad at you for showing them how to get out of debt faster, and stay out of debt?
    Would you family get mad at you for showing them how to get more coverage for less money?

If they would then I can understand how you do not understand Primerica, and I feel for you. But most families would welcome the knowledge.
    -----------------

Again you are proving you ahve done no research. the company loses money for ever recruit. The recruit gets $1500 worth of licenses. This means the company needs to make that money back. This is not including all the cost to do the paperwork for the local agency. So if you join and do nothing which many people do since they think like an employee, the company loses money.

And what you are talking about is illegal.
    ----------

Since you are comparing selling cosmetics to selling finance, you are not looking at the same. The reason people get out is they see it is hard work to do this, and not like a job, or an employee mentality.

And listening to you I figure it would be better for you to go put in a couple more applications at the retail stores and not go on Monday.
    --------------

Your research has not given you anything. You think that Dave Ramsey does nto believe in refinancing to get out of debt faster, you were wrong there. As for the product, yes the prioduct is similar to what else it out there. Just like the clothes at Macy's is simlar to the ones at ROSS. But would you rather get Macy service?

The products are different since they are educating the people. Example ios the fact that most people look at interest rate and not total cost. That is the poor mans way. They look at a Credit union since it gives you .5% not .25% at a bank, and not 8 to 12%. Poor mans way. They show people to separate their insurabnce and their savings, so they get both not one or the other.

And yes the other companies sell Cash Value, Do you know what Dave Ramsey says about that? Not to buy it.
    They sell Adjustable rate mortgages, and .5% interest rates on their money. Do you know the cost of a 4% inflation on a .5% interest rate on 100.000 dollars? (Big numbers so you can see the cost) 3500 dollars of lost money a year. This means the money is worth less each year and therefore is costing them more and more each year. After 20 years, the value of their money is now worth 30.000 dollars. I thought money was to grow, not shrink!
    -------------

No, I was saying about my company. The one I bought after having Primerica in my life for 5 years. I saw how they did things and copied them on the good things, the training the hiring, the stuff that works.
    --------------------

Are you, a friend, or a family member affiliated with Primerica in some way?

Well I do consider my agent a friend. but we did not meet until the person who did my insurance quit. He and I became friends since he made me money on my investments.

But other than that no.
    -------------

What do you have to gain?

Wel First Gain is not the word I would use. I would being informative. Since I ahve been going to their meetings for years, seeing what works and does not, Implementing this in my own business, I get mad when people like you come in here and try to destroy their name.
    The only people who gain from a post like yours is an agent like the one that try to replace my insurance with a cash value one. HE first thought I was not as smart as I was, along with thinking that my agent was no longer with Primerica it would be an easy switch. When I ask him to come back, I ahd my present friend, and agent be there with me. HE not only ran, but tried to say that my agent was breaking the law with the insurance commissioner.

So as for gaining anything, I actual lose time, something I do not like giving up to answer from people like you, that have a little knowledge. We all know that a littel knowledge is a dangerous thing.
    --------------

I am sorry to hear that you would pass up a job that pays as well as my company does. My Newest employee is making 50, 000 dollars a year and he has not even worked a full year. Most of my employees make between 50, 000 and 200, 000 a year. They do it honestly and ethically, because I would fire them if they did not.

As for you working for me, you would not last even if I hired you in my customer service department, because even they have to sell there. They sell my company on good it is to do work for them.

As for the name calling, I used to be in the Military, as an Officer. I believe in a code that you problably never heard about since you seem to misquote people and make things up as you go along. Something you might want to learn before you lsoe your next job:
    "I will not lie cheat or steal no tolerate anyone that does."
    ---------------------------

Quote: Since you keep saying you have a stellar reputation, I have to worry about it. Go to the Federal Government and see how many Securities complaints they have against them? Why not check with you state commissioners and see if they have any compaints agaisnt them?

First, If you know that some agents of the competition has been known to post with different emails and alias. The agent that tried to get me to change had 7 different accounts on one of these boards, they always complimented each other, so looking at these boards for knowledge about a company is at best a hit and miss.

Secondly, why do they complain here? Is it because they are not known and there fore can't be called out. there was one guy saying AIG was the best thing since sliced bread before, then he had to eat every word when they were caught in scandal after scandal.

-------------

So to answer your question, owning a business is not for everyone. Most fail before the first 10 years. The only difference is with Primerica you are not out anything, but you get something. Remember you get to keep your licenses, that you earned. If you do nto earn any, then yes they are lazy, because I have heard of those people too.

But, I have people who worked for me for a couple months. They could not hack it. They said the job was to hard. That I was making it impossible since I required to much. When I go to unemployment and fight paying them, that is what they say. I show them that other people are doing it and they lose. Should I have to pay since they felt working hard was not for them? That they tried to do it their way and not mine and they failed, I should have to pay their unemployment.
    -----------

I am sorry did you think that Primerica is failing? May be you missed all the publicity in the last year. Companies that are failing do not go IPO, they go bankrupt. Primerica is one of the only assets Citi has that is not costing them money. It is actually bringing in money. So the only people who lose out are those, like you who listen to people on the internet. I mean if believe the internet, Iraq has been finished for many years now. And that the world is going to end in 2012. The list goes on...
    -----------------
    Quote: But as for toiling with the regular people you do sound like you are not a Primerican person. You rather do the ordinary and get ordinary results. Primerica is there for people who want more than just ordinary, and are willign to work for it.

Please do not play the Wolf in Aesop fables. It si called "The Wolf and the Grapes" You should read it.
    --------------

First you said you did not know where they saw you at, you do not remember that you interviewed with them. They could ahve gotten it off any one of the web posting you used to get your resume out. So please do not say that they were there if you were not for sure before.

Secondly, what misleading are they doing? They do not tell you the position. Damn call the MP's and throw them in the stockade. Is it a sales position possible but since they train you sales is not important to the position, rather a detriment. Ask the next interviewer if they rather get a fresh person with some knowledge or a seasoned sales position. Most will tell you the first.
    --------------

First Mary Kay and Primerica have the only thing in common is the fact they both are labeled MLM. After that it is like bird and the monkey on the evolutionary tree, so divergent you can't see any resemblance.

As for getting you Ba or Masters, this confirms that you might not be the right person. People with those items think they are entitled for more since they got them. I actually try not to hire people with those degrees unless they are needed for the job. Most do not. It keeps my headaches down when they say I should be getting more than someone else because I went to college.

Lastly, It is not a get quick rich scheme. Matter of fact it really is a self-improvement program with a great benefit package in the end.
    ---------------------

I have answered this before but you keep asking for it. It is a sign of someone that really can't defend their position and need to harp on a point that they are sure that they can defend.

I do this because I have seen this for years, I correct people here and other places since the company you are not researching but are maligning has done some great work with me and many of my friends. They have also helped many people in the military along with saving them money and showed them how not to be like many of the vets unemployed and unable to get work.

I do this because I have more knowledge than most since I have seen these posts like yours, placed here as a question but really being done by an agent who has lost another client to Primerica and really can't defned his product in front of them so they have to do negative attacks here.
    ---------------

That is my choice. You can keep on bloviating about how awesome this company is. However, I won't be part of it and there are ways of getting out of debt without purchasing a loan to do so. It's called cutting up your credit card (which Dave Ramsey has advocated) and never getting into debt again. Common sense is as much a tool against becoming a victim as much as reading accounts like the ones I've seen on this board.

That is one way. And if you did any investigating at all, Since I was baiting you to see if you would do any. They have two other ways.
    One is a debt stacking program. which is given to their clients for free. Everyone else charges for this program. So it cost them
    Two is a loan if they do not have a home. This will allow them to pay the debt faster since the interest rate is lower and it is set to be accellerated. This is something that other companies can do but rather not since their is not a lot of money to be made on these.

Most advisers tell Primerican Clients to get out of debt before they will help them out. They help them out.

I am glad you are not going to work for them, it will keep you from posting your misunderstanding and misleading knowledge here.

But then again I do not think you are who you say you are, but that is my knowledge and intuitiveness that my experience brings to these boards.

• Ka
    Karenzita1 Feb 03, 2021

@The Knowledgeable One Wow, I tried to read the entire thread but it was too long. I want to chime in on the Mary Kay subject. My mom has had a very great career with Mary Kay and I can attest that its a extremely wonderful company that rewards it's consultants and directors amazingly compared to many other companies. Commissions are great, prizes and even new cars. My Mom makes great money, has driven new cars for the length of her career and gets amazing g bonuses and trips. We have financial stability and went from rags to riches with Mary Kay.
    In regards to Training, each Director trains different but because it is a business where yoy make commissions off how your team grows and performs, Directors are motivated to train exfremely well. My Moms career has positively impacted the lives of hundreds of women by offering them financial stability and freedom to work their own hours.
    Not everyone is good at these type of business' and every company or business in the world has negative complaints. But why are they still in business?? Because they're doing something right. I've seen horrible women do terrible things with the business too, but that doesn't make all Consultant's or Directors bad. My mom took on a single mother with 2 kids into our home. She had nowhere to go. Gave her a free room to live in.. She trained her and supported her to the point that the women became a Direcror with her own group and won the use of a new car. Just to have all her comissions earned in the span of one year, taken from her and given to the woman's previous director. Why? Because the women had previously been recruited by someone else and never told my mom. Then said thay my mom had known, which was a lie. So because MK has a loyalty policy, they gave all those commitments to her old director ( who didn't help that women the way my mom did) So yeah, there's shifty people out there, but that doesn't make the company bad. Those are the ones who give negative reviews or blame others for their lack of motivation to work or capacity to do it.. no one forces anyone to invest. Some people just do it and never show up to be trained or always have excuses for why the "business isn't working."
    If yoy work hard, you will be co.pensated greatly with MK. My mom is a incredible honest God fearing woman who has Never taken advantage of anyone. She loves to help others achieve their potential, and she's great at it. So keep that in mind with this business. There are some crappy Directors out there for sure, but their are also some pretty amazing ones. I'm happy to say my mom is a great National Sales Director.
    Just like with any other business. One tuxedo rental company might have gotten your order wrong but then you go to another and find great service. That's how it is.
    So anyway, just thought I would defend the company that has honestly changed my family's life.
    I stumbled onto this trying g to find reviews about Primerica Mortgage Loans, any help?

• Ba
    bangerem Mar 14, 2010

The Knowledgeable One:

Response: Really? Are you sure about that? Primerica is a subsidiary of CitiGroup which doesn't speak highly of their associations. They may not be CitiGroup but they're certainly part of that company's business practices. Why do they need that company's protection to operate? I'm sure, that most of Primerica's history, they've been able to skid past the SEC (which was easy to do until investors started complaining and filed a lawsuit against Citi) because they're technically not breaking the law but what they're doing can't be considered a job or an opportunity when you make little on commission. For that kind of experience, I'd rather be a sales associate for Macy's where I'm simply there to "help" consumers not sell them something they don't want or need. Furthermore, families don't need Primerica to retire or get out of debt and selling people loans to get them out of debt is not only exploitative it's counterintuitive. I don't think Dave Ramsey would approve of that. Airing my skepticism and distrust of such business practices is not tarnishing Primerica's. I'm more worried why you're sticking up for this company unless you're associated with it in some way or have profited from them in the past.

Response: So, as a long time fan of Dave Ramsey's, I have trouble believing he would endorse a company selling families loans to get out of debt. No self-respecting financial advisor worth his reputation, and in such economic times, would readily do that. Dave has made his mark trying to deter people from entering into such arrangements. I'm sorry, when someone tells me they'd like to use me to help make inroads into the Hispanic community, red flags go up. The reason the Hispanic community is getting taken advantage of is that they don't trust the mainstream financial industry (especially if they're illegals who don't want to get caught and deported) so they get taken by fly-by-night charlatans. The main reason the mortgage industry is in disarray (as is our economy) are all these companies selling fraudulent financial products to people who could not possibly pay for them (including illegal/legal Hispanics).

Response: Really? My impression from multiple sources is that they'll take any maliable dupe that they can use to make them money. Where is the vetting process in that? Don't act like Primerica is some exclusive organization that won't take just anybody... the Primerica guy on the phone didn't even mind that I had no sales experience which also is troubling. Why call me when he could call a ton of other people who might be out of work sales professionals?

Response: You basically admitted that both organizations operate with the same structure, also known as the MLM. Mary Kay and others like them have a ton of complaints against them too for conducting the same poor, misleading business model. I'm beginning to understand, all too well, that you are trying to convince yourself more than me that Primerica is not Mary Kay. They may represent different industries and sell different products but they make their money recruiting and you know it. You need people to make money for you and when those people either start to feel like they're being exploited or harassing friends and family (the warm market) to make a buck ### their conscience they get out. I was expected by Mary Kay to press family and friends to make cosmetics sales and, according to my research, Primerica does that as well. Why would they need to do that if they had a great product to sell? According to my research their product is no more unique than other financial products and that it doesn't even compare to what other companies in the industry sell.

Are you admitting that you work for Primerica with the phrase "how my office works?" Are you, a friend, or a family member affiliated with Primerica in some way? What do you have to gain? The accounts you have given me are conflicting representations of the company and if you run your company the way Primerica runs its business, I wouldn't work for you. Finding a decent job is hard enough but working for charlatans and con artists would be even worse because, in the end, not only does your reputation suffer, so do your relationships as I discovered with Mary Kay.

Response: So, because I air my skepticism and suspicions I now have the questionable reputation? I see how that goes. So, I know how it works now. Say something against Primerica and your reputation will suffer. I've already checked their Securities complaint history but funny thing is, in the course of that I'm finding a lot of people with horror stories warning people to think twice before they work for Primerica. Are they all lazy, unsuccessful losers because they tried their luck with Primerica only to find that not only were they not making a lot of money (some either lost money or made very little), that they were being exploited with an MLM scheme as well? Word of mouth matters and can reflect well or poorly on a business and it seems Primerica hasn't learned it's lesson. I'm not willing to take a career detour and have to regroup just to say I took advantage of some "random opportunity."

Response: I guess I don't have what it takes to be a "Primerica person." I might be "ordinary" but I rather not be another dupe either. I find it disturbing that you defend a company with such misleading business practices and that they have moved on to fresher targets, namely the military community and its members and spouses. I happen to be a military spouse and don't like being somebody's target. This company was a participating company at a military job fair which doesn't say well for the Chamber of Commerce's discretion. I've worked in multiple industries and am not afraid of hard work. If I were, I wouldn't have a BA or Master's degrees. I'm also no dumb schmuck. When I hear the following: Primerica is there for people who want more than just ordinary, and are willing to work for it, " I feel like I'm hearing some late-night, get rich quick informercial. It doesn't sit well with me and just reconfirms that I don't have what it takes to con people, harass my family, or go through another Mary Kay experience.

However, I must ask again: if you have nothing to gain from Primerica or are not invested in them in any way, then why are you defending them? Why are you calling into question the reputations of people who came across them (like me) or who had bad experiences with them and making them seem like they're unsuccessful, lazy losers who couldn't make it work? Not everybody is cut out for this kind of business, but I do know that the financial industry needs good admin folks to keep they managed and organized. I was a branch administrator once at a brokerage firm and didn't have to sell financial products to make a good living. As I grew in experience as an admin, I knew what I was good at and what I wasn't. Sales isn't where I want to go with my career and if you decry that as giving into mere "internet rumors" then so be it. However, don't keep lying to those of us who've come across Primerica and found the experience shady. Sometimes, you have to trust your gut and when I get a bad feeling, I'm going to do what I feel is right.

The Knowledgeable One Mar 13, 2010

I have a question. I came across Primerica at a job fair in Colorado Springs. I actually submitted my resume to the Chamber of Commerce before the fair as was expected for all participants to do. Out of the blue, I get a phone call from a Primerica rep. I never interviewed or networked with this company at the job fair and yet, they got their hands on my resume from the Chamber and liked it.

-------------

I've worked in the financial industry before. I'm mostly an administrative assistant. The Primerica guy I spoke with, who called me out of the blue, would never specifically answer my questions. Would never tell me what position I was being interviewed for and what skills would be involved. He told me "mostly sales-oriented" and not as much administrative. His lack of candor immediately raised some red flags for me. Most jobs I've interviewed for in the past, the potential employer was always candid and didn't beat around the bush.

-----------

My question is this: is this tactic the customary way Primerica hooks people in?

---------

I've scheduled an interview for Monday and I think I'm going to cancel it. First, I'm not good at sales and in my heart that's where I don't want to go with my career. Second, I don't like being lied to or mislead by somebody who couldn't even answer my questions. I don't trust people by nature (sorry Primerica reps) and if you don't answer my questions I grow suspicious and seek answers on my own.

-----------------

Here's a question for those Primerica people who love this company so much: why call somebody out of the blue who never sought you out to begin with?

--------------

I'd already had done some initial research about this company and found it to be much like the Mary Kay business models in existence. I wasn't happy with what I found out and put them on my 'no' list. Why should I put my professional reputation on the line?

----------------

Another thing that got me is how much this Primerica person loved my Spanish fluency (I'm bilingual) and that he thought it would help the company's outreach into the Hispanic community. Oh, I'm sure it will especially since many of those people don't put their money into conventional banks and are ripe for the picking. I will not be used to aid, abett, or help illegal immigrants in this country or take advantage of them.

---------------------

It's time for some answers pro Primerica people and if you can't supply them then of course others will come forward. I will also not risk my reputation on some "chance opportunity" when I can go through more "legitimate" channels such as staffing agencies (which are a necessary evil in this economy right now) or headhunters. I've also had experience with Mary Kay (that's why I've cited them) when I was a very short-term beauty consultant and all they care about is loading deluded schlups with product that they can never get rid of. It's always sell, sell, sell whether or not the product is any good.

----------------

To the pro Primerica people: I'm very suspicious of this company and unless you can give me a reason why I should keep my "interview" I'll just toil like other unemployed people by going through the want ads, staffing agencies, and headhunters. Sorry, but my professional reputation is everything and I refuse to be part of a company whose shady business practices could later come back to bite me when I seek other professional opportunities.