Premier Care In Bathingbathtub

M

In March of 2009, I bought a tub from Premier Bathtub. The salesman came to my house and in front of two witnesses assured me that the tub he was selling me was two inches wider inside and the same width outside compared to my present tub. I'm in a wheelchair and needed a wider tub because I've gained weight. The salesman, Byren Breffle, knew this was the only reason I was buying the tub and deliberately lied to me to make a sale. He’d measured my tub and knew the dimensions of his. As it turned out, Premiers tub was the same inside, which gave me nothing, and an inch narrower than my present tub making a room remodel necessary to install their tub. I had my old tub removed and the people doing it measured Premiers tub and found out the difference. From what I’ve seen, they seem to prey on elderly and handicapped. I contacted who I could and the upshot was that Premier called and offered to kindly give me 1/2 of my money back. They offered to give all my money back if I sent papers from the sale and removal of my tub. I did and, of course, they didn’t. On reflection, I should have taken this and still filed a lawsuit but I didn't. I thought they might find some integrity. I talked to a former salesman from Premier and was told this is standard practice for them. This is backed up by the fact they weren’t in any sorry about the fraud and their offer to pay me half of my money back. They just circled the wagons and, as their attorney put it, protected the company. They don’t care one bit about the people that were the victims of fraud. Make the sale at any cost and if there's consequences, deal with them later. Premier sent a rep out here to check into it. He told them my old tub had never been removed. I have receipts and the men who did it that say differently. I was told that I had to appear in South Daytona, by them, to sue and try to get my money back, which because of medical conditions from a stroke, I’m unable to do. For two years, they have steadfastly refused to return the money that they knowingly, I feel, stole from me. I can’t believe they’re allowed to do business anywhere. My suspicion is that they pay off the right people. Business the Chicago way. They now offered me my money but I have to sign a release for them absolving them of any wrongdoing, which I won’t do. No offer was ever made that reimbursed me labor for removing and reinstalling my old tub, forced storage of their tub, my time fighting them, the accounting for inflation, nothing. It was completely their fault yet they want to duck any responsibility. Like the attorney said, protect the company. They’re a perfect example, in my opinion, of what’s wrong with America. I’m surprised that they’re allowed to sell in any state. I urge anyone thinking about, or knowing anyone, thinking about buying from Premier Care to do a web search, Premier Care Complaints, and they’ll find out all they need to know.

Sally evans Jun 12, 2014

I wAs considering purchasing a Premiere tub for my 89 yr old father but now I'm going to find another solution...Thank you all for taking term time to write...You're saving the rest of us from making the same mistake...I'll tweet too!

• Mi
    Mike Gibson Oct 17, 2013

You'd think the AG, Pam Bondi, would at least look into Premier after all the complaints Florida has received.

• Si
    SimplyShowbiz.com Oct 17, 2013

This horrible company has a long history of scamming the elderly. My own mother was one of their victims. Google "Premiere Bathrooms Swindles Parkinson’s Afflicted Elderly For $15, 000 Bathtub" and also Google “Premier Bathrooms Fraud Operation” and also "Fraud on the street and via celebrity endorsements: The truth behind 'as seen on TV'"

• Mi
    Mike Gibson Feb 26, 2011

It was a walk in tub and I'm going to see an attorney as soon as the snow melts and I can get out of my house. Nothing you said has any bearing on the Chicago style business practices of Premier.