Platt College Los Angelesschool loans, I know it’s not the school’s fault...

My school loan was originally and roughly around $1, 000. Reasonable for an 1yr associates degree, it was the change of hands with the loan department and the increase at every change that was the problem. My loan, after a little struggle (the guaranteed job I was offered was at a car lot...for production art. I graduated second highest honor and whether I complied with my slotted time or not) was eventually paid in full with a 400% mark up. Yep...$4, 000. I overpaid $3, 000 in the end, and the Board of Education sent me a letter inviting me in their class suit, but I stupidly did not respond. Is it too late?