Platt CollegePractical Nursing Advisor

I called them to inquire about their practical nursing program. After calling twice and waiting 45 minutes to get a return call that never came, I called them back. I was transferred to a man named David who, honestly, had the telephone personality of a wet mop. The man was as monotone and disinterested as he possibly could be. He answered my questions abruptly and flatly, with as much brevity as he could muster. When I told him I thought my questions had been aswered, before I could even thank him for his time, he SLAMMED THE PHONE DOWN ON ME. No goodbye, no thanks for calling, NOTHING. I was literally left with my mouth agape for about five seconds, listening to the silence that precedes the dialtone. For $27, 800.00 in tuition for a ONE YEAR nursing program, you'd think the man would be licking my shoes to get me to sign up. A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. AVOID THIS [SCAM OF A] COLLEGE.

Practical Nursing Advisor

• Nu
    NurseJ Jan 07, 2010

I attended Platt's LPN program last year, and you talked to the wrong person!!! The school is great. The instructors are absolutely wonderful. Call back and talk to a lady named Kim. Honestly, it was the best schooling I've had and I attended UCO for four years as well.

• Ud
    Udud Feb 17, 2011

I attended Platts fake medical asst classes. There isn't enough room on here to put all my complaints on here. Out of the three classes we had to attend each day only one teacher was there and as much as I liked her she would cheat with students that were in by court order. I had to self teach myself and so did my classmates.
    The biggest joke and scam I've ever seen in my life. They couldn't keep a typing teacher, so we would have past student volunteers come in and literally teach nothing.
    We were promised computers but what we got was some old used typewriters. The staff was super nice, no doubt..because we paid them a very nice salary being there. The only equipment available was a few microscopes for a large class. I would beg anyone to run the other way...We did have our books so we could read and try some of the lessons on our own, but usually we didnt have any supplies to complete anything we needed. Most of the days I remember was a classroom sitting and waiting on a teacher that might show up but usually did not. Oh, field trips to the park down the street ? Whats that got to do wiht medical ? Oh but why should i complain I got a 4.0 in everything..wonder why ? Graduation ? What graduation, no diploma, no ceremony...Again I beg you ruuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnn !!! The staff changed twice while i was there...Now I see MP is president? He used to be a counselor or something, now hes a president ? We went through 2 presidents in one year...GL with your real student loan for your fake classes...

Chef_Nurse29 Apr 29, 2011

During my admissions interview I grilled the representative about accreditation and credit transfers. I was ASSURED they were "fully" accredited. After completing the program, however, I am unable to transfer my credits ANYWHERE IN OKLAHOMA! They are NOT accredited by the Oklahoma Board of Education, rather by a scam company in Florida. I have filed a BBB complaint, and pleaded through letters and personal meetings with the staff to refund me my tuition as my "degree" isn't worth the paper it's printed on. I will be seeking legal counsel in the near future, and luckily I have several other credible student witnesses who will corroborate my story. I urge you all to stay away from all Platt colleges. The staff is only interested in money, not education. Equipment is sub-par, and most instructors don't have degrees in the field they are teaching! I could go on and on, but I will surmise it to say "It's a nightmare".

• Me
    MelissaSmith7 Jun 18, 2012

My name is Melissa smith I am in the dented assisting program right now and I can not speak for the other programs, but my instructors are amazing!
    I get theory and hands on with a real dentist set up. My teachers are there every day and treat all of us with respect even when they don't get it from the students. Combined they have 46 years of experience. I have learned so much from them in the three short months I've been there and I know many people that took the same class and have wonderful jobs making good money, not to mention that all of the rest of the staff there are amazing as well, I had some problems in my personal life that they went out of their way to help me with and because of them I was able to stay in school. Im sorry for those who didn't have a good experience, because mine has been wonderful! I'm so thankful that I go to platt college on Ann Arbor in OKC!

• Me
    MelissaSmith7 Jun 18, 2012

It was ment to say, dental assisting

• Br
    brandy johnson Jan 03, 2014

well i am interested in getting the degree and finishing for an year, been in nursing field for 8 years wouldn't want them to teach me nothing but how to pass state everything else i can figure on my own it goes for all colleges...everybody wants money its unto you to learn on your own, usually how it happens...but i need to better myself regardless of the complaints.

MA_Erika Jul 12, 2016

Platt College is awesome! It is under new owners now and yes it is accredited. My instructors really care and know what they teach. I am really making something of myself and I'm proud and so is my family. I just completed Medical Assisting Program and passed all my cerftifications and they even helped me get a job. I am making money now to support my family and I wouldn't have been able to if I didm't go to Platt. So check it out for yourself, you will see that everyone there really does care and it really gets you ready for your career.

• Nu
    nurse flash Nov 11, 2016

Ok I don't quite know what happened to this person however I am a proud graduate from Platt College, Ann Arbor location and passed my boards the first, now I'm not saying having to take your boards more than once is a problem, because Lord knows its not and I will be furthering my nursing career w/by obtaining my BSN, so I say if this were not possible, explain how I was able to take boards, which I may add is w/the Board of Nursing. Now the cost is, correction was a little steep, which I did not qualify for any assistance d/t income. But tho I was a little salty, I do not regret because any time you go to a technical college, and take an accelerated course you must be prepared to pay more, now there are other colleges that offer the same courses, however depending on the reason you're going, they do not offer required "pre-reqs" which in turn you will end up paying maybe 1K-2K less, (I did my homework) prior to going to Platt, I also have a daughter in college, whom also didn't qualify for assistance, so that was also something we had to take into consideration. And also, anyone applying for a nursing program which normally takes 2 (2 1/2)yrs depending on if you take summer courses or not, and chooses to take an accelerated course, should really examine yourself and see exactly what you already know in the field, and what you need to know, and what can you learn and retain in 16-18 mos that you would benefit more if you went the full 2yrs +. I had 16 1/2 yrs + in the filed prior to me going to Platt. To sum it up "crash courses" are designed to enhance and refresh what you already know"