Plato's ClosetDiscrimination & rudeness

M

Hi I recently went into platos closet actually I went in on today, I walked into the store with my 2 silver colored bags filled with clothing, jewelry, shoes, e. T. C and as I walked to the counter 2 females were standing there one greeted me with dark hair and a very squeaky type voice asking me to fill out a card with my name, id number, phone number, and so on which is the procedure so upon doing that I was also asked to write my name on a tag and stick the tags on the front of the bag which is also the procedure after that I was told by the dark haired young lady that it would be like 30 mins or so. About 5 minutes later the blonde cashier asked me if the bags were mine with a stink face something like a scowl I replied yes so she picked the bags up off of the floor put the bags on the counter began to look through one of my bags and I noticed that she was grabbing my items with the tip of her nails & omg! I was so pissed she only looked at about 2 things out of 2 bags of clothing and sayed to me i'm going to be giving you all of your things back because we have no use for them I swear to you I keep all of my clothing in tip top shape no stains no smell no holes no nonthing all the jewelry, shoes, handbag were brand new and I even had a brand new pair of dolche & gabama white sunglasses in the bag and then a white lady walked up with a bunch of nasty looking jeans and shirts in a grocery bag and the cashier was like ohh! This is so cute and of course they brought it I could have caused a scene but I didn't.. But the thing that pissed me off was how rude she was to me & she was acting a if I was dirty or something

• Ne
    Newnan, Georgia Platos (ghetto's) closet Jan 19, 2021

The dialogue on this page should've been enough for me not to get involved with this business. I brought three bags of high end items to the Newnan, Georgia store with, among other things, a Prada purse and a Oscar de la Renta sweater. The girls didn't even notice. They didn't even care. Nevertheless, after looking at the inventory in the store at that time, I realized that is was the exact same at the inventory at the Goodwill store. I took my items to another store in Peachtree City, Georgia and the owner called me to enquire about additional items. She made a revenue of $1, 050.49 on all the items in my bags which she said sold immediately. Too bad for poor old Platos ghetto closet. :) :) :) :) :) :). I still can't stop laughing.

• Ka
    Katintheoc Jan 31, 2013

I'm neither your honey, sweetie, nor your dear. I am a mere victim of your stupidity. Shouldn't have allowed myself to get sucked in. I take full responsibility for the mistake.

• Mi
    midge87 Jan 31, 2013

Kat- Get over yourself, sweetie. I only comment if the person is being ridiculous (like you) or something really major was done wrong to them. Only incorrect people can be discredited, my dear.

• Ka
    Katintheoc Jan 31, 2013

Midge likes to get on here and discredit the consumers for their personal feelings. Clearly she has too much free time in her life, perhaps she needs to get a life. Too funny! Why don't you start commenting on Seattle news articles, and leave consumers alone. Hater.

• Mi
    midge87 Jan 31, 2013

It's sad that you feel the need to scream discrimnation. 99.99% chance you were the only one taking note of race. Just because they didn't want your stuff doesn't mean it had a darn thing to do with your skin tone. You made some rude comment about someone else's merchandise, have you seen jeans nowadays? The most popular styles look like they needed to be tossed in the trash, not bought new off the rack, but that's what's "in" right now, get over it.

• Ms
    MsVKnowsBest Sep 16, 2012

lots of platos closet stores discriminate. and they have absolutely no fashion sense either. they are too expense also!