Menu
PetSmart Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

PetSmart
reviews & complaints

www.petsmart.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.6 645 Reviews

PetSmart Complaints Summary

96 Resolved
539 Unresolved
Our verdict: With PetSmart's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for PetSmart has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of PetSmart. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

PetSmart reviews & complaints 645

Filter reviews by rating
1 review
9 reviews
Sort by:

Newest PetSmart reviews & complaints

PetSmart poor service!

I was recently in a Canadian petsmart store, that has apparently taken over all the Canadian owned SuperPets that I used to shop at. The food I have had my dog on for over 6 years is now not carried because of the buy-out by PetSmart. The breeds of birds are no longer available because PetSmart only uses certain breeders. Some of the staff was the same, but I was told that a lot of them had already quit because of how PetSmart treats their own employees. Others had already been fired! It has upset me greatly to see employees who worked for SuperPet for years, whom I have personally dealt with, have to leave their job because this American company has put so many demands of them. One staff member was telling me that any one who works on cash, must get 65% of the customers that come through to sign up for these "pet perks cards" if they don't get their mandatory 65% then PetSmart can fire them! How absolutely ridiculous this is... and this is just one of many things I found out about what this company expects from its employees. I will not shop at this Company ever again, which I must say is very sad since I actually had a personal relationship with some of the staff while it was SuperPet. What a shame that this Canadian owned SuperPet chain sold out to a American owned PetSmart company that cares nothing about their staff or customers.

Read full review of PetSmart and 4 comments
4 comments
K
K
kim
Aug 08, 2008 9:45 am EDT

I work for the petcare department and I've had no problems. It takes to work the job to know it and you don't know it. Maybe that store is rubbish, but most managers -or atleast mine- keep you after 3 write ups. I don't know what your source is smokin, but its makin them ###ed.

I
I
islilme23
Pearland, US
Feb 20, 2008 10:12 pm EST

From a person actually in it, and not a person listening to discruntled former employees, I can tell you that Petsmart is a wonderful place to work. I've never heard of any of the guidelines and procedures you talk about. Maybe some of the people who were fired needed to be. Petsmart has a really high standard in safety and if anyone comprimises that they need to go. Sorry you disagree because you can't get birds you like or food your dog eats. You're an outsider who should judge the source of info. And if you choose not to shop there then please don't. I personally hate dealing with people who have already made up there minds and don't like to look at facts.

Ryan
Feb 12, 2008 12:15 pm EST

As a cashier for PetSmart, personally I can 100% disagree with you here. This company has been one of the best I have worked for and they treat everyone in my store great! The managers are nice and friendly, and the store manager is probably the nicest and jokes the most. I have many personal experiences in which I can vouch for PetSmart. And let me tell you, what is this nonsense of having 65% of customers sign up for PetPerks? Never heard of that, but let me say that I probably only issue 2-3 PetPerks a day...nowhere near 65%. So, maybe things are different up in Canada, but down here in the US, PetSmart is a great place to work!

danni
Dec 08, 2007 12:37 am EST

I can tell you for a fact that it takes alot more to fire an employee than not getting 65% of their customers to sign up for PetPerks. There is a whole write up and warning process, just like any other business. Also, from the way you talk about it... why does it matter that PetSmart is an AMERICAN company?

12:00 am EDT

PetSmart petsmart - not smart about customer service

This company is all about profits, no customer service values or
healthy outlook towards pets. Today I used a manufacture coupon at my local Petsmart location and I was asked to pay the taxes on a free bag. I have never heard of or seen anything so tacky and in such poor taste in all of my life! This
gave me a really low impression of Petsmart. This was just embarrassing! I take manufacture coupons at my work all the time and I do not ask my guests to cover the taxes. As well I have used coupons before at smaller pet food retailers (Bosley's, Save-On-Foods, to name a couple) and this has never occurred there, so why at a larger chain where one expects to be treated better? This just reinforces the idea that larger chains are all about profits and not about customer service! And no, there was no such fine print on this coupon - the coupon said it would cover up to a certain amount and that amount would have covered the taxes I had to pay! And on top of it all the cashier was rude and pushy about it and was angry with me for giving my other coupon to one of their other customers!

Here was their official reply:

Dear (and here they copied my email address instead of typing my name). Thank you for your email.

We apologize that you are upset about paying sales tax on the free bag of food. Unfortunately, any coupon used, regardless of the amount does require that the consumer pay the applicable sales tax. This requirement is typically listed on the fine print on the back of the coupon and is a law we are not able to override.

If you have any further questions, please contact us again.

Sincerely,

M
MonicaP
Louisville, US
Jul 17, 2009 3:08 pm EDT

Umm, win you win a car on Price is right, you have to pay taxes. You go to Oprah and she gives you something, you have to pay the taxes. You win the lottery, you have to pay taxes. BUT no way should you ever have to pay sales tax on a free bag of dog food. Are you kidding me? This is your big complaint? What was it 2.00? For goodness sake! Then we all wonder why the economy is in such bad shape.

tweettweet
Goliad, US
Feb 25, 2009 12:03 pm EST

that's the law...the other day someone complained about having to pay taxes on grooming bc its a service but the law says that grooming is considered a luxury. blah blah blah. its the law contact your senator no the store manager everytime you come in!

P
P
polarbearpwn
Hobart, US
Feb 11, 2009 4:30 pm EST

haha, it's the law you ###. Complain about your government, not PetSmart. What are they supposed to do? Break the law just so you don't have to pay tax on your FREE dog food?

Jojo
Aug 06, 2008 12:51 am EDT

How would Petsmart make money on Taxes? They dont, thats the Goverment, not Petsmart, [censored]

Renee
Feb 05, 2008 10:51 pm EST

Welcome to the 21st Century, where consumers are taxed on their purchases. In the majority of states, the Government requires companies to collect these taxes. If you operate a business that accepts coupons, and you are not requiring your consumer to pay such taxes, you are commiting coupon fraud, by not following the terms of the coupon. Unless your state excludes it, and only a few do, you are also commiting tax fraud. Yes, the coupon that you redeemed said that taxes are the responsibility of the consumer. The manufacturer wrote the coupon, in compliance with local laws, not PetSmart. Pull your head out of your hiney long enough to read, and comprehend how sales tax laws works in your state. Hope your pets enjoyed the bag of food that the manufacturer GAVE you for free, since the tax all went to your state Government. Greedy bast*rd!

Janet
Jan 14, 2008 4:35 pm EST

Unless you were hiding in a cave in some remote island everybody has heard of paying taxes on most anything you buy. I have never seen a coupon where taxes were not to be payed by the customer. Fast food contests like McDonalds monopoly instant food winner games you even pay the taxes on your mcmuffin. They or any other business is not resposible for that nor should anybody expect them to pay YOUR taxes. Get a grip and be happy for the free bag of food and quit being so rude and greedy.

danni
Dec 08, 2007 12:27 am EST

I've had to pay sales tax on many free things before too. The way I see it is you're getting a free bag of food. What is a couple cents to you? I think I would be happy if I only had to pay the sales tax on the bag of food!

lisa coburn
Sep 11, 2007 9:39 am EDT

I work at petsmart as a pet trainer but also cashier sometimes. I had the same thing happen to a customer and it took me awhile to read the fine print, but it did say the person was responsible for taxes. I don't think it's fair, but it is the coupon that dictates what happens, not petsmart. I had a time with the customer and understood what he was saying. If it says it is free, then it should be FREE.

Jackie Scurlock
Sep 02, 2007 9:03 pm EDT

Your the one being tacky, not pet smart, good grief, So you got a free bag of pet food and got upset for paying the sales tax. YOU need to educate yourself on business. All company's have to pay the sales tax they collect on every product they sell...they don't get to keep the sales tax, they have to pay it to the state monthly on every product they sell, thats why you had to pay the sale's tax, even though the coupon was for a free bag of pet food, you apparently did not read the fine print on the coupon, never includes free sales tax, someone has to pay the state for sales tax.

PetSmart horrible customer service

My husband and I had taken our Yorkie to PetSmart for grooming over 1 year ago and received terrible service. The grooming was awful (tips on ears unevenly cut, silky hair cut too short, visor was crooked, w/big chunks of hair missing, and his inner ear hair was not plucked as it should have been). Not to mention, when we dropped him off, we were told to leave instead of staying to watch, because it may be too upsetting to him. I can understand dogs get anxious under grooming conditions, but why have a grooming department with glass walls?!?!?!... Where everyone in the store can watch him, except us?!?!?!? A year has passed, and we thought we would give them one more try, as we are desperate to have him groomed before we leave for vacation. So tonight we stopped in the PetSmart in Hiram, GA to inquire about an appointment for this week, and we were rudely told we had been "red-boxed" and they were refusing service to us! What a joke... "Red-Boxed", obviously some ridiculous term PetSmart executives have come up with in order to belittle and insult their customers. They were the ones who messed up our dog's hair! We were completely insulted and will never shop there again! It was really the most ridiculous thing we had ever heard of... refusing service to a 10 lb harmless dog, just because they screwed up last time! I suppose they think they have some sort of "monopoly" on the pet store industry, but actions such as this will surely be the end of PetSmart!

There are plenty of other pet stores out there, and hope all of you pet owners who are reading this will consider shopping elsewhere. I'm sure you would hate to find out you had been "Red-Boxed" too!

Read full review of PetSmart and 69 comments
69 comments
Vicki Widrick
Sep 21, 2018 8:10 pm EDT

Store #: 6134 E. Colonial Dr., Orlando Fl. I took my tiny YorkiePoo to the groomers at this PetSmart, she only weighed about 3 lbs. when I was told she was ready about 35 minutes later. No one said anything to me but gladly took my money.
Seconds later, I was holding my tiny YorkiePoo and her face on the left side was quite swollen, both her eyes were filling with blood. Her Vet was in the same PetSmart at Banfield, I immediately ran in there and they started working on her right away. Her Vet sent an assistant right in to talk to the groomers to find out what happened. They refused to talk, the Vet himself went in to speak to them and was so angry, they again refused to talk to the Vet. The Groming Manager was called and said her employees already called her and nothing had happened.
My tiny YorkiePoo was in critical condition and almost died.
The Grooming Manager was just nasty and refused to talk. We even said we were not trying to Sue anyone, we just needed to know what happened as the Vet was frantically try to save her life. My dog still suffers from trama to her ears.
Stay away from this grooming salon. Several other pets also suffered at the hands of this salon and the grooming manager is useless.

Julia Campisi
Oct 09, 2016 3:17 pm EDT

My experience with my two little dogs was far from pleasant at the petsmart Barrie, Ontario, they wrote my phone number wrong, left a message on a wrong number, i was late getting my dogs on a Saturday, one got an ok haircut but my shi tzu got sick he has a bad cough probably from the chocking collar they used and fever, he has no hair under his neck plus very irritated skin, they gave me "pawgress report "saying he was HORRIBlE, and i paid the double of money i pay in the other place, unfortunately they were too busy until the end of the month and we could not wait.
A total lack of respect for us costumers, if they cannot handle a dog they should call the owner and stop hurting the animal, i thought they were professionals since is a corporation but is truly just a business that care just on making a profit.

Anzhele
Aug 29, 2016 7:50 am EDT

While in store on 7/26/2010, CASHier informed me that while giving me a grooming card with a treat attachd that I could get my new pup of 2 months groomed for $5.99. I thought this was really a fantastic but questionable price and questioned her for a second time if that was the price. She for a second time said that would be the price. The next day, I called to set up an appointment and the clerk stated that the price I was given was incorrect and the price would be $10.99. I made the appointment for the next day and when I inquired what the price would be, I was for a second time told another of $15.oo. This was indeed a bait and switch game.

Lolono
Clarksville, US
Mar 17, 2013 7:18 pm EDT

I'm about to leave my job as a dog bather at my local Petsmart. I think the groomers deserve a LOT more credit then what they get, because their jobs are so difficult. Also, like me, they all start off as a dog bather. Being a bather I worked along side the groomers, and I give them so many props for the ### they deal with. Being a dog groomer is just like being a cosmetologist for people, with the same amount of complaining and pickiness from a customer, but the client often does not want to cooperate, will bite and spin around the table, and just cause a ruckess like you wouldn't believe. Groomers get paid commission so any misbehaving or late dogs they have to spend extra time working on do not get counted as "over time" if the groomer winds up having to leave way later then they were scheduled to. I can't STAND my job as a bather. We get the biggest dogs, and they have the build of a carnivore with the mentality of a scared toddler. They flail, scream, shriek, and when they are REALLY stressed, will try to bite. They fall off the table, do alligator rolls and bite while we try to blow dry them, and are the absolute worst to do nails on. Imagine being scheduled 8 or 9 bath dogs and then having to deal with walk in nail clips and grinds on dogs that are totally time consuming and uncooperative. Personally, I think walk ins should be banned on weekends or busy days, as all they are are a hindrance. The nails can wait. If it's such a dire issue, go to a vet and quit wasting our time. Bathers wind up quitting every month at my pet smart and I'm barely making it past the one month mark. It sucks even more because the attitudes of our customers. I can understand your frustration, but please, try to put yourselves in our shoes.

taraut
Jul 11, 2010 3:36 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We just had our dog shaved at pet smart. The only reason we peed them was because there was an urgent need . In the past, we learned ththat getting a dog groomed at petsmart should only be done in an urgent situation. The staff at our store in KNOXVILLE tn are indifferent at best relating to customer service. The don't seem to appreciate the customer and treat them as if they are just a hindrance or a bother on their time.This is sad because when I worked in a sales position with a children's shoe store, I would have been fired if I was ever rude or disrespected a customer. The customer is why you have a job in the first place ! Our dog was shaved very quickly . They said he would be ready by 3-4 pm...he was done by 1. Not sure what happened but the job was obviously rushed and when my husband picked the dog up, theady told him he didn't do well, not suprised. I usually take our dog to a private groomer who loves dogs and has over 30 years of experience.Most of the groomers I've seen at petsmart are young or youngish, have multiple piercings ( not professional) and come with a snarly attitude as in, bosses don't care . You get what you pay for. Or in the case of petsmart, not always, but the real gripe should be with the managers who hire the rude people and don't train them how to be professional in dealing with customers in the first place. Seek out a groomer you like and don't be naive and believe everyone will give you and your pet wonderful service *yat because they offer grooming.its your responsibility to yourself and your beloved pets.

Tdog1
Durham, US
Feb 05, 2010 12:04 pm EST

I took my Yorkie to the petsmart groomer in Durham, NC. I dropped him off at 8:30pm so that I would make it to work on time even though his appointment was at 10. I called a head and asked if this was okay and it was. When I picked my dog up after work I was overcharged for services I never asked for and the appointment wasn't made for and much more importantly my dogs eye was injured. I understand soap in the eye can sting, but it was much more than that. His entire right eye was blood red and running so I took him to the emergency vet. $200 later plus the incorrect extra charges from petsmart, which since they did do the services they would not refund me for, the vet told me that my dog had experienced sever trauma of being hit in the eye and his pupil was damaged.
The next morning I went back to petsmart with my medical bills and spoke with the grooming manager who told me that they had no record of my dog getting injured at their location and implied that I hurt my own dog. The words she used were "it's ashamed animals can't speak and that you can't prove anything happened here." The only place my dog was all day long was at the groomers, he was dropped off and picked up there and as soon as I got home and noticed his strange behavior I saw his eye. Not more than 10 minutes passed that he was out of the groomers and the manager had the audacity to imply this was my fault somehow.
Now I have to return to my vet three more times to check his eye and see if his vision is recovering and I didn't get so much as a refund or any compassion from anyone at petsmart. I had been going there for 2 years with my dog and will never go back ever again. Instead of a refund for my overcharge I was offered a free service next time, yeah right, so they can damage his other eye. There was no paperwork at all about my dog, whether he was being difficult for the groomer or not, no documentation-and I was never made aware of any problems he posed in the past 2 years he went there so I don't think this can be blamed on the dog.

Stop and open your eyes
Sherman Oaks, US
Dec 16, 2009 12:38 pm EST

Just like the others have said if your running late give the groomer a call don't show up at 11 when your appointment was at 9. Then get mad at the groomer because you were not on time and didn't call. Your the one being rude. I agree the groomer should have never said anything to you about the red box. But there must have been a good reason for you having a red box. Keep in mind your dog should go to the groomers about every 4-6 weeks. Alot of people don't realize by letting those matts get worse on the your dog its cuts of blood circulation. I groomed 2 dogs over the summer who had serious matts on the ears. When the matts finally were removed the blood was able to flow in the veins on the ears again. The ears then began to bleed and become all red. I think all dog/cat owners should read up a little bit more about the health and care of there animal. That way they won't be ignorant and blame groomers for there missed behaving animal for grooming. If you are seeing someone abusing animals say something. If your not saying something was it really happening?! Or are you mad because the groomer wouldn't take you in for showing up 2 hours late for appointment?! And smaller Pet salon are going to have the same type of problems as companies like Petsmart and PetCo. Also if you look up information on dog grooming most deaths from dog grooming happen at smaller salons. Why because they don't have all the polices like Petsmart has. So to those people on here who own your smaller salon don't down Petsmart and Petco. Your not any better.

lovemycats
Wilsonville, US
Nov 07, 2009 12:18 pm EST

Wow I am amazed at the complaints. I don't have a dog but a himilayan that goes to petsmart and it is great.
My question is why on earth if you see abuse going on don't you say or do something and if employees are rude get a manager. If you were in a park and saw someone abusing a child would you just ignore..I hope not, people lacking in the ability to respond to such situations are part of the reason it continues.
I have been to petsmart when someone comes in late and I was next, when they were advised they needed to reschedule the customer got rude and I told them that if they made an appointment just like with their doctor they need to be ontime.
Clipping dogs and cats is not easy I can do it myself but prefer not and I am ok with that.
I think its great to vent but think out the entire situation and see if it could have been handled different on both sides for the employee, the animal and its owner.
Kathy

E
E
etormentas
Reno, US
Sep 30, 2009 11:45 pm EDT

I agree that PetSmart grooming isn't very good at all. I live in Reno and I took my Yorkie in to get groomed, I gave the groomer three pictures of exactly what I wanted...I wasn't looking for a champion show dog haircut. All I wanted was for my puppy to look like a cute fluffy teddy bear, and he came out of the groomers looking nothing like one. I'm not really picky about cutting my puppy's hair, but I was really sad...my dog looked like an ugly rat...I made it clear I didn't want them to touch the hair on his face, but I guess I didn't make it clear enough...I previously took my other Yorkie about a year earlier and the same thing happened, but I thought I would give PetSmart another chance, but I came out with the same results. The groomer knew I hated the cut, since it looked nothing like the three pictures I gave her, but I didn't make a big deal out of it...my puppy wasn't matted either. I groom him everyday, and he is mellow around other people since he is really shy. Waste of $45.

F
F
fampty
Hemet, US
Jul 28, 2009 2:05 am EDT

I work at Petsmart, and you definitely should have been treated better! But although we all follow (or are supposed to follow) all the policies and procedures, all shops are different. One Petsmart could have an "I could care less manager", who lets the groomers abuse dogs and be rude, while another Petsmart in the next town over could have a wonderful manager who will not tolerate anything but sweet baby talk and smiles. Groomers in a salon usually emulate their manager. If all/most of the groomers in a salon are yelling, being rude or ignoring customers, it is likely they are following an example. Please don't write off all Petsmarts because one shop was stupid.
You should not have been told you were "red-boxed" (which is not even the term we use over in our district). I do apologize for that. It is not made to belittle customers as you aren't supposed to know about it. It is a warning that pops up when we pull up your information. For example "Fluffy does not like the top kennel-if you put her in one you will not be able to get her out and she will viciously attack you" or "owner has been here 10 times and has had a free groom 10 times. Maybe we should suggest an alternate salon as we cannot seem to make her happy" You should have taken your complaint to corporate because most likely talking with the store managers won't do anything as they see that behavior from their associates all the time and obviously condone it as they are still working there. Corporate customer service exists so that they can try to make each customer happy ("delighted" is the word they like to use which I think is a little overzealous), and prevent them from going online and "red-boxing" petsmart.
I think others have stated it perfectly--it is extremely stressful for you to be watching and in sight of the dog and to have it not be able to "go to mommy". Can you imagine how heart-wrenching that is for a dog? They don't have an opportunity to settle down and accept the groom and get to know the groomer. They just know that mommy is watching, she knows I am upset but WHY ISN'T SHE WITH ME? They do not find it comforting if you are there. I have been grooming for 5 years at Petsmart and not once have I seen a dog calm down and enjoy/appreciate it's parent's presence through a window.
Find a salon you and your dog loves-you owe it to her. But Petsmart is not evil. We are the only place with strict enough and consistent enough policies to prevent the most accidents/deaths to pets. We love animals--our job is extremely stressful and we are not paid enough for it. We must love animals to work there--I know I do!

PetSmart horrible grooming job

We had taken our kitty boo boo in for a trim. The groomer said that she could only do a lion cut, and showed us a picture of a nice cut. We agreed to have our long haired cat trimmed in the lion cut. When we returned to get out kitty, they had him in his carrier. We had to pay, more than they quoted us in the first place, but when we got home and removed him from his carrier, he had the most horrible cut and shaven job i have ever seen on any animal. The coat was shaven, in sections with all kinds of lines. He looked like a zebra. The hair that was left on his legs, and undersides was all jagged, choppy, and looked just like they took there had and pulled a bunch out. Some was 1/2 inch, and some was over 2 inches. He has been totally traumatized by this and is not himself. He has been hiding in the bathroom ashamed of himself ever since we brought him home. Do not groom your cats at petsmart, as they do not have the proper training on how to do our wonderfully, loved kitty pets. When i called to complain, they were rude and nasty and said that the cat was squirming, and that if it had been his 36th cut, he may have looked better. I demanded a refund, and they did however tell me that they would credit my account.

Read full review of PetSmart and 4 comments
4 comments
H
H
hautegoddess
Katy, US
Aug 24, 2009 2:44 pm EDT

As a professional cat groomer and cat owner (professional?) let me tell you that grooming a cat is one of the most horrible bloody experiences there can be (for the groomer) Literally, we get bit, scratched, peed on, anal glands sprayed at RANDOM on us, all for 50% of $70 or so dollars. I used to work for Pmart (as i call it). You have to be "cat certified" and most of the time it takes two "cat certified' people to hold a growly, uncooperative monster who is trying their best to KILL US.
That being said, if your cat still has "boots" it's because that area around the joints will get a groomer bit 99% of the time if they try to put a vibrating clipper near it. Persian cats are the best about getting clipped, however I think it's just because their bracycephalic faces make latching on to us with their fangs difficult... I'm sure your cat Boo Boo (cute name btw) was an angel, but give the groomer some slack! They really do work hard. Next time just ask for a redo because the lines (cornrows) on your cat are caused by a dull ten blade (the only blade safe enough to use on a thin skinned cat really) and they could have used a reverse seven blade to take out the lines but that runs more risk of cutting your cat's skin open if Boo Boo were to jerk around suddenly. Was your cat cut? No? Then the groomer did a good job being cautious. And I own a formerly feral cat who is an angel to me, but take her out of her home to the vet or wherever and she becomes Beelzebub. Cats don't like change in their environment or new people with loud equipment shaving their bodies.
Hope this comment helped. God bless you and your cutie Boo Boo.

Terrashuman
Fredericksburg, US
Apr 16, 2009 11:04 pm EDT

It's not worth the time grooming a cat. Like someone already said most groomers won't do it and for many reasons. 1. Cats bite and scratch, a cat bite is one of the worst bites you can get from grooming small animals. If your unlucky it's just enough to cause a horrible infection 2. They are reluctant. 3. They stress out much more than a dog. 4. Most people have a cat for 5 years and then decide out of the blue to have fluffywuffums first professional grooming. Those are more than enough reasons. I don't think they tramatized your cat. You never introduced your cat to grooming. How did you expect it to act? Some cats really love grooming but most of them have been slowly introduced to the idea at a young age. You got your money back and nobody got bit.

anon
lol, US
Feb 23, 2009 9:19 pm EST

PetSmart groomers go through a special training program before handling cats. Some of the requirements include:
-At least 1 year of grooming experience
-No safety incidents *at all* in the past 6 mos.
-Studying a special cat grooming manual outlining how to safely handle, bathe and shave cats
-Training under a certified cat groomer for no less than 4 weeks or until they feel you are competent enough to handle cats.
-Having to re-certify every year.

With all that being said, it is corporate rules that the only blade we can use on a cat is a #10 blade. This is a very short blade but the reason for this rule is that cats have paper thing skin. This blade is considered to be the only safe blade to use because no matter how experienced you are, cats are unpredictable. They will wiggle and twist every which way, and its better to have a safe blade that will not cut them if they move around than one with wider teeth that may do more damage.

The reason your cat's legs and underside may not have been trimmed is that generally cats get very upset when you're messing with their rear ends or legs. If I've shaved a cat's body and he or she gets too stressed out, I will not trim the legs. I would rather the cat not look as perfect as it could than have the cat flail about and potentially get cut or get loose and bite me.

Cats that have not been shaved before can react badly to it. I know when I do something as simple as clip my cats' nails, they will run off and hide for hours afterward. Imagine how they feel when you're doing nails, ears, bath and shaving. Of course your cat is mad. Cats in general want to be left alone.

It is unfortunate that all of this was not explained to you before the service. In the future, it would probably be best just to have your cat bathed. He is much better off with the hair as he obviously seriously dislikes being groomed.

sk
Oct 14, 2007 3:13 pm EDT

The poor groom job was more than likely a case of your cat being unwilling. Dogs are generally more tolerant of being handled by strangers. Not so with cats. Your cat probably struggled quite a bit, maybe even tried to bite or scratch. That's why so few groomers are willing to do cats.

Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

PetSmart - not satisfied with their services!

Never take your pet at Petsmart grooming. I took my cat there for a full grooming services and they didn't wash it. They brush it a little and cut his claws and charge me full price. I call the manager and and they said that there are sorry that i was not satisfied with their services... What services if they didn't wash him??? Check your pet before you...

Read full review of PetSmart and 103 comments

PetSmart Customer Reviews Overview

Petsmart is a popular online retailer that specializes in pet supplies, pet food, and pet services. The website has received a large number of reviews from customers who have purchased products or used services from the company. Overall, Petsmart has received positive reviews for its wide selection of products, competitive pricing, and excellent customer service.

Many customers have praised Petsmart for its extensive selection of pet products. The website offers a wide range of items, including food, toys, grooming supplies, and more. Customers appreciate the convenience of being able to purchase everything they need for their pets in one place. Additionally, Petsmart offers a variety of brands and products that are not available at other retailers.

Another positive aspect of Petsmart is its competitive pricing. Customers have noted that the prices at Petsmart are often lower than those at other pet supply stores. The website also offers frequent sales and discounts, which further reduce the cost of pet supplies.

Petsmart has also received high marks for its customer service. Many customers have praised the company for its knowledgeable and helpful staff. Petsmart offers a variety of services, including grooming, training, and veterinary care. Customers appreciate the convenience of being able to access these services at the same location where they purchase their pet supplies.

In summary, Petsmart has received positive reviews for its wide selection of pet products, competitive pricing, and excellent customer service. Customers appreciate the convenience of being able to purchase everything they need for their pets in one place, and they value the knowledgeable and helpful staff. Overall, Petsmart is a highly recommended retailer for pet owners.

PetSmart In-depth Review

Product Range and Availability: PetSmart offers a wide range of products for pets, including food, toys, accessories, and grooming supplies. They have a good selection of brands and options for different types of pets.

Store Layout and Organization: The store is well-organized and easy to navigate. The aisles are clearly labeled, and the products are neatly displayed. It's easy to find what you're looking for.

Customer Service and Staff Knowledge: The staff at PetSmart is friendly and knowledgeable. They are always willing to help and provide advice on pet care. They can answer questions about products and offer recommendations.

Pricing and Value for Money: The prices at PetSmart are competitive, and they offer good value for money. They often have sales and promotions, making it affordable to shop for your pets.

Online Shopping Experience: PetSmart's website is user-friendly and easy to navigate. They have a wide range of products available online, and the ordering process is smooth. They offer convenient delivery options.

Pet Grooming Services: PetSmart offers professional grooming services for pets. They have experienced groomers who can provide various grooming treatments, including bathing, haircuts, and nail trims.

Pet Training Programs: PetSmart offers training programs for pets, including obedience training and puppy classes. They have qualified trainers who can help you train your pet and address behavioral issues.

Veterinary Services: PetSmart has veterinary clinics in some of their stores. They offer routine check-ups, vaccinations, and other medical services for pets. The veterinarians are knowledgeable and caring.

Loyalty Program and Rewards: PetSmart has a loyalty program called PetPerks. Members can earn points on purchases and receive exclusive discounts and offers. It's a great way to save money on pet supplies.

Return and Exchange Policy: PetSmart has a flexible return and exchange policy. They accept returns and exchanges within a certain timeframe, as long as the product is in its original condition and packaging.

Community Involvement and Adoption Programs: PetSmart is actively involved in the community and has adoption programs in partnership with local animal shelters. They provide a platform for pet adoption and support animal welfare initiatives.

Overall Shopping Experience: Shopping at PetSmart is a pleasant experience. The store is well-stocked, the staff is helpful, and the prices are reasonable. They offer a variety of services and products for all your pet's needs.

Pros and Cons:

• Pros: Wide range of products, knowledgeable staff, competitive prices, convenient online shopping, grooming and training services, veterinary clinics, loyalty program, flexible return policy, community involvement
  • Cons: Limited availability of veterinary clinics, not all stores offer grooming and training services

Final Verdict: PetSmart is a reliable and convenient option for all your pet's needs. They offer a wide range of products, professional services, and competitive prices. Their commitment to community involvement and adoption programs sets them apart. Overall, it's a great place to shop for your furry friends.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

PetSmart contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with PetSmart?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with PetSmart Customer Service. Initial PetSmart complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for PetSmart above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about PetSmart. Discuss the issues you have had with PetSmart and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.