Petcopetco 102 liberty square hurricane wv [protected]

June 3rd, 2017 last Saturday I went into my local petco in Pikeville KY. Store representive helped direct me to contact Teays Valley petco store in search for a panther chameleon. (She informed me that is closest store that she knows had one) She contacted store manager Sally ( manager over reptile department, I believe this is her name) to confirm if they had one available. Sally informed me she did and she also sent pictures to the store rep that was helping me. We spoke of price which was $299.99. Since I live about two hours away I informed her I was planning to make the trip there to pick up the blue male panther chameleon to add to our family within next couple of days (I needed to re-arrange my appointments with work first) I informed Sally I would stay in contact with her to make sure he would be there before I made the trip. I contacted Sally again on June 5th to ask if I would pay $260 plus taxs would she sell him the next day. She explained to me she couldn't which is very understandable and she went on to advice me that there was a 50% off reptile sale coming up the following weekend which would have him marked down to $149.99. She went on further to inform and assure me no one was interested in purchasing the panther chameleon for the $299.99 price so she recommended I wait and be first in line at opening 9am to purchase him. I took it upon myself to schedule off work to make the trip early Saturday morning 6/10/17 to be first there when the store opened so I could take advantage of the 50% off sale. I contacted Teays Valley petco today spoke with store repersentive who informed me he sold today. I find it hard to believe a customer would pay full retail price $299.99 exactly one day before the 50% off sale. This does not add up. When the call was originally placed by my local store manager Sally was making guestures stated since the panther chameleon has been there so long no one has bought him they wouldn't mind keeping him as their store pet. I feel today the blue panther chameleon was sold today at the 50% off price to either family/friend member or a customer. If this case is investigated and found the chameleon was sold today for the discounted price this is very poor customer service. I myself am a regional manager currently leading 8 stores of my own. Customer service is number one priority to increasing store revenue and customer base. If the transaction shows the sale was given a day early the employee needs to be retrained on when you make assumption to your customers follow through.
All retail businesses need our repeat loyal customers and need to keep all customers trust. If the store manager did not assure me the panther chameleon would not be sold and would still be there by Saturday I would have made the trip earlier this week. I would appreciate this matter to be investigated and I am asking for a follow up email regarding this matter.

[protected]@hotmail.com