Patrol OnePatrol One should be shut down

Patrol One - www.patrol-one.com

I think everyone from the owner who is named Bill V. down to the patrol drivers are corrupt and are getting paid on the side from the tow companies "kick back" for towing any and all cars. Duane Turner is very rude and seems to have a hand in this matter of getting kick back monies from the tow companies for unjustly having vehicles towed. We are paying our associations to make our place of residence more secure and safe, and in turn they have hired patrol one which is the bully of the streets and should be shut down for unethical and illegal practices and all licensing revoked and mr Bill should retire and get an attitude adjustment. Patrol one is notorious for the same complaint over and over again. (FACT) They recently lost the account in Newport Coast ZIANI Tract/Community for the specific reason of towing vehicles illegally and with no justification.

• X6
    x67pdb Jan 05, 2019

If the people running Patrol one is legit...then follow the protocol. I have submitted my sons car on the Safe-List and still got towed. The Board of Directors should re-evaluate and assess the necessity of this absurd and fraudulent practice being used against law abiding citizens.

Matthew2011 Sep 04, 2017

Im still waiting for this tag that was put on my truck should I expect it soon? Or the pennies you use shouldnt I see pennies on the ground all over? Everyday I look for this free money that should be on the ground. Thas what it would be like if you did this tactic without discrimination without just picking out a car or truck maybe 2 right? You would have to penny every vehicle right? Now I know of at least 2 cars that have been in the same spot for over a week why have they not been pennied? Sounds very selective to me wonder what a lawyer might think...

Matthew2011 Aug 30, 2017

So please explain to me what pennied is? Ive worked for management companies and dealt with tagging vehicles for a long time and have never heard of this tactic. And since your company wrote the book or so you say tell me the law on putting a tag/warning notice on a vehicle? I would like to hear your interpretation of how to complete this straight forward task. I have various photos of my vehicle, other vehicles, and how your company does things and I am not impressed nor pleased with the selective towing practices your company does. I also know your company is not following the rules on how abd when to have a vehicle towed and how to warn citizens of a possible tow. Please enlighten me. Also, I was hung up on by one of your office staff without even giving me her name and no I was not vulgar or threatening her in any way. Im sure your company records calls. Over 300 dollars for you to illegally tow my vehicle and it was so called "pennied" and tagged but I never received the tag/warning and the penny was still on my vehicle at the tow yard...how is that possible? I was told if it was moved you would know..how if your penny was still there? I have photos. I have photos of my windshield and driver side window with no warning at all and no evidence of anything being on my vehicle. Looks to me like my vehicle was deliberately and illegally towed for now real reason but so you and the towing company and possible management company can kick eachother money like you know you do. Also it is illegal to accept cash with no paperwork when dropping a vehicle from a tow truck. Many ppl in my gated community have warned and complained about this happening between the towing company and your company...its called kickbacks and you should look it up it is illegal

Mark Shulzitski Jun 05, 2017

Patrol One is CORRUPT!
    I was towed out of my own driveway supposedly for parking backwards. The kicker is there is no rule against parking backwards in one's driveway in the CC&R's. I sued Patrol One and got my money back plus was awarded damages because the car was damaged during the towing. So one of the Patrol One minimum wage rent a cops thought he would be tough guy and confront my wife as she was coming home late at night. There is a long front walkway and it is dark and he followed my wife to the front door and was telling her that her husband must think he's cool because he is a lawyer and won a lawsuit. What he didn't know is that her husband also has a Concealed Weapon's Permit and was driving home and saw this guy walk up the front walkway. As he is telling off my wife he feels some cold rolled steel against his skull and the sound of a hammer being pulled back. The funnies part is when he lost his water while shaking like a leaf on a tree. (For those in Rio Linda that means he wet his pants) Patrol One was FIRED the next day by the association and I hung their sign up on a noose from my house. Mark

• Je
    jenietop Jan 23, 2016

Patrol One Is Making up False Stories to TOW people away from these properties in Irvin CA (UCI) area. Have you DRUG TESTED YOUR PATROL ONE SECURITY GUYS LATELY????
    I am helping a host Mom who was picking up international students studying from China & Japan who were visiting friends at COLUMBIA APT. IN IRVINE & STANFORD studying at UCI. Because I drive from long beach & am tired before I pick them up in Irvine to take to airport I was told I could park in guest parking spot. Many spots were open. So I parked in guest parking abt. 130am. To wait & rest before taking students studying to airport at 330am. I was only there 2 times in one week to do this for a very short time. I parked & dozed off for a power nap. So I don't drive sleep deprived before I go to LA airport This is what happened. I was so pissed off I decided. Forget it! Let these students find another way to the AIRPORT!
    A MAN in a Patrol ONE CAR knocked on my window. Said really CREEPY & Hostile "IF I SEE YOU PARKED HERE AGAIN I AM GOING TO TOW YOU! I HAVE SEEN YOU HERE BEFORE" YOU CAN"T PARK HERE!" I said " I HERE TO PICK UP STUDENTS who are visiting here & they said I could park in guest parking. He said " YOU CAN’T I WILL TOW YOU! PARK on the street. I have seen you here before here. YOU CAN"T sleep here. I said" I AM NOT SLEEPING HERE. I AM MEDITATING BEFORE I DRIVE TO THE AIRPORT! HIS CONDUCT TOWARDS ME WAS VERY ANGRY & HOSTILE. HE SHOULD HAVE SAID NICELY " Sorry. MISS YOU have been misinformed. You have to have a permit to park in guest parking.
    HE ALSO FALSELY ACCUSED ME OF BEING IN THE GUEST PARKING AREA MORE THAN ONCE. THAT WAS FALSE. I THINK HE LIES ABOUT THAT SO HE CAN TOW AWAY VEHICLES. HE ALSO LOOKS STRUNG OUT ON SOMETHING & ACTED MORE LIKE SOMEONE WHO IS RUNNING A DRUG OPERATION OUT THERE. HE ACTED LIKE I WAS IN THE WAY. VERY STRANGE. IT WAS WEIRD! SO WE WERE GOING TO BUY THE CODOS OVER THERE & MOVE INTO the apt. However after that treatment. NO THANKS! THERE IS SOMETHING REALLY WRONG GOING ON THERE ON THE PROPERTY THAT PATROL ONE IS DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN. I ALSO decided not to take the students to the AIRPORT because of his hostile behavior towards me. So I left them there. I am not going to put up with this behavior from PATROL ONE!
    Because of this we decided not to buy & move there! I do not want to rent from anyone who allows simple guests to be harassed when they are simply helping them out. NO THANKS. He also wrote a warning before he did his threating to TOW. HE said he "would hook my car on to his Patrol car if he saw my car there again." That pissed me off because that could cause a lot of damage to my car. He had NO reason to be that aggressive towards me. All he had to say is " You can't park here Miss NICELY. HE WAS ARGUMENATIVE. THE WHOLE THING WAS CREEPY!

saho Jul 14, 2015

My vehicle was towed from my personal property in IRVINE, from my OWN garage. My association Action Property Management even admitted they were wrong to tow my car from my own garage!!! It's unbelievable. It get's worse, because then I call Patrol One, and they speak to me in a harassing manner saying they will not release my car from the Towing Company. The Towing company was a junkyard, my brand new 2014 car was left there overnight sandwiched between smashed cars. Patrol One hung up on me several times, the manager refused to talk to me when I asked for clarification as to why they towed my car from my garage. I thought my car was stolen, they didn't even leave a note or citation or anything. Even my association Action Property Management said I was abiding by HOA rules, that i had NOT BROKEN ANY LAWS. IT IS MY RIGHT TO PARK IN FRONT OF MY OWN GARAGE!!! Patrol One 1) doesn't read the rules, 2) are THIEVES WHO WORK HAND IN HAND WITH TOWING COMPANIES LIKE TOWS RUSS TO STEAL CARS ILLEGALLY AND THEN CHARGE THE CAR OWNERS $$$$$$$$$ TO RETRIEVE THEIR OWN VEHICLES FROM JUNKYARDS. Yes there was a $254 fee to get my car out of the junkyard. My association Action Property management said that Patrol One 'apologizes for the inconvenience'. I lost a whole day of work, I had no way to pickup my car, and the damage done financially to my household for not going in to work is one I cannot gain back. They harassed me, treated me like a criminal, refused to talk to me, refused to help me, even after they realized they were in the wrong.

• Yo
    you've got to be kidding Aug 01, 2014

Patrol One in San Juan Capistrano has just towed my legally parked car, with Disabled Placard displayed properly.

I never received any notice prior to towing. I thought someone stole it and took me several hours to find out that they did tow it. They even admitted that their photo showed my placard hanging from the rear view mirror.

I got a call back from the "supervisor" and she told me to just go get my car at the impound lot.

WHAT ... It is 3 AM and I am DISABLED and now because of them WITHOUT MY CAR. What do they expct me to do walk ?

Thankfully the tow company guy said he knew exactly what happened and that my car was towed illegally by Patrol One, but that the towing company is required to tow per Patrol Ones instruction.

Apparently the tow driver even asked the Patrol One rent a cop if he was sure about authorizing the towing because of it being a handicapped vehicle with a properly display placard and the rent a cop said YES.

The towing company was really nice and even came and picked me up at 3 in the morning and took me to get me car. On my car in the impound lot was a warning notice with a time of citation and the towing was done 35 minutes later. 35 MINUTE warning ? Really ? on a LEGALLY PARK CAR ?

While I did not have to pay any fines due to it being illegally towed, I am so angry at Patrol One.

I want compensation. Several hours of stress trying to locate my car, having to go get it at 3 AM and now my car is filthy from being in the impound lot.

I did NOT do anything wrong, Patrol One did, AGAIN.

They apparently do not train their employees. Last November the patrol guy actually pulled up behind my car, didn't even bother to get out of his vehicle and reached out and stuck a warning notice to the moisture on my back window. If he had bothered to get his butt out of his car and walk around to the front he would have seen the placard hanging properly from the rear view mirror then too.

sad_towed Nov 01, 2012

I had the same experience, my car got towed in the same night of the first "Notice" I was told there was other one left 2 days earlier with no proof, Towing company was so rude and insulted my wife because she was asking a lot of questions about the towing, my car obtained damage due to towing with no compensation, what is scary about the ordeal is, Management company and HOA directors did not anything to say except poems of love to Patrol One, which is so weird and suspicious too, I am online researching Patrol one complaints and everywhere I go I find a manhole of stinking complaints with same scenario, is there any registry for that, I am sure if all these people united in one law suite they can do something instead of crying like babies online???!!!

• Sw
    SweetInOC Oct 04, 2012

I contacted Patrol One to deal with a parking enforcement issue at my community. They did not address the issue and I came to find out that the first time I called the report was not even logged into their system. I found this out because the second time I called the man I spoke with could find no record of my first call. I contacted Patrol One's customer service and explained the problem that I was having (my neighbor was parking in front of my garage as well as their own garage, effectively blocking me in). I explained that nothing was done to resolve the problem and that it was ridiculous that they were being paid to do absolutely nothing.

Robert Paquette responded to my email complaint and told me that: (i) they were in the middle of a shift change and were unable to come out (until three hours later (I called at 6:00 p.m., and nobody came out until 9:00 p.m.). I did not realize that a shift change took three hours!!!); and (ii) my HOA didn't pay them enough for immediate service (which I found out later to be untrue because my HOA pays them for service 7-days a week and there is no extra charge for immediate service). Not only was he defensive and rude to me, but he did absolutely nothing to resolve the problem or apologize for the poor service. When I confronted him about it and told him that I would be going to the Board to let them know that they were not doing their job, and complaining about the HOA to boot, he started backpeddling and said that I took his comments out of context. It was obvious to me that he realized how rude and unprofessional he was and that he was trying to make it look like I was taking his comments the wrong way. The property manager was equally upset with his comments and forwarded them to our Board of Directors for their review. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE! They do not care about their customer or about doing their job effectively, and their customer service is terrible.

• Bo
    Board_of_Director Jun 17, 2011

As a Board of Director in a multimillion dollar community in Irvine, CA, I researched the past tows by Patrol One. Patrol One tows vehicles illegally. For example, a vehicle was towed without proper notification ( documented in email from Patrol One).
    I and the rest of the community are AWARE of the illegal tows by Patrol One, Bill Bancroft, Samir, Robert Paquette and encourage others not to use Patrol One.

From the word on the streets, Patrol One is in violation of OSHA for not allowing employees to take lunch breaks or 15 minute breaks.

• Bi
    BIG EW Sep 02, 2010

Ex 423, this is ex 410. Remember me?

• On
    One Angry Huntington Homeowner Jun 16, 2010

NEWS FLASH 5/28/2010 !!! HAHAHA!!! PATROL MASTERS OWNER; Samir I Ahmad pleads guilty to 20 counts !!! Felonies including Insurance Fraud ! Workers Comp Fraud !!! Filing false Tax returns !!! HAHAHAHAH!!! Defend him know you little lost minions !!! HAHAHAAHAAAA!!! Check your facts you little freaks ! california courts case # 09CF1417 !!! HHEEEHEEE !!! I Peed my pants !!! OOHHHHAAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

• Li
    Lil B.O.B Mar 08, 2010

First off, obviously going online and responding to residents complaints is not the way to address any problem. The people complaining on this site are not waiting for a response from the company. Its is simply a board of complaints. Not a board of complaints and resolutions. Any LEGIT complaints are fwd to the office and addressed in a professional manor as the normal procedure goes with any companies.
    Additionally, Jason was ONLY correcting the information which was provided above. The stone had already been casted when the owner of Patrol Master was charged. He was not giving anything additional. Why don't you read the first line of his comment:
    "188 days ago by Jason (Patrol One) 0 Votes
    In response to the Samir Ahmad link. It does all seem to be true, however please note:

Samir Ahmad does not work for Patrol One. Samir Ahmad owns Patrol Masters. These charges are against he and Patrol Masters. "

• Ki
    Kingofpride Mar 08, 2010

There are as many "Under cover" comments by employees and staff of Patrol One, as there are legitimate complaints. Why not just address the complaints, "Jason(Patrol One), " instead of casting aspersions in the direction of another company in the same industry? I think that your audience would appreciate that more than the useless, self serving, information that you provided.

chazzmad Jan 30, 2010

I agree. They are heartless and apparently have no concern for the serious financial trauma this has on people. They towed my car from the gated community where my boyfriend lives in and pays good money for. There were plenty of open spaces around, I had the code to be in the community and that alone should be enough to be parked there. There is no point in doing this, it is robbery. Not one person appreciates this except for the companies who benefit financially. There is absolutely no reason why they should be towing cars in this manner. I am very upset with this company for towing my car without notice and now causing me to pay $330 to get it out the day after, not to mention the inconvenience of not having a car. Can we vote out this dictatorship?

Indy423 Sep 14, 2009

LOL.

All I hear from you people is speculation and made up opinions.

First off. I haven't worked for Patrol One in 10 years. I came across this forum while research Googleing the companies info for my employment and work history records upkeep. I happen to be out of work at the moment due to the recession that Idiot Obama is fueling and trying to turn into a depression... and am considering going back to work for them at a sever pay cut until i can find work in my field again.

As far as responding in this forum goes... I like to debate. I happen to be spouting nothing but facts where as every response against me seems to be wild guessing hate filled fantasy opinions...

If you want my credibility: I'm Honorably discharged US Army; I'm certified to teach and work with children: and i have multiple emergency medical certifications in several nation wide health organizations (which require the utmost in moral fiber btw...). Not to mention the years of security certifications which must be renewed each year...

So. If you want to do something about your vehicle being towed, then i suggest you stop parking illegally. All towing operations are required to have a photo of said vehicle violating the rules before they can be touched or towed. This will be used in court if some person like you wants to try and weasel out of the fee's by trying to take Patrol One to court.

I don't know what you are babbling about that some woman you talked to (who i have no idea who is) told you that they would perform an illegal action when all tickets are done in triplicate. When i worked for them it was like pulling teeth to get authorized to tow a car. All files were checked and confirmed before a tow was authorized by home base.

Now. I have watched this forum get filled with miscreant children who make false claims of being Patrol One employees and speak of doing your wife or sister and whatnot. Come on people! Do you REALLY think that a company would give idiots like that the keys to an expensive vehicle and authority and trust them with the company image?????... That is not to say that the security industry across the country isn't plagued by personnel that i wouldn't trust with a toothpick due to the REALLY low wages the industry offers nowadays, but you have to have experience, and a documented work history and driving record of excellence before you are allowed to touch a company vehicle and be a patrolman, which by the way, is also the supervisor of all personnel within that patrolman's patrol route.

Anybody care to retort with more fantasy and rage driven opinionated slander?????????...

Ex patrolman 423

patrolgang mental cases Sep 04, 2009

About 5 years ago I took a job at patrol one while I was attending college. I showed up for my first night and I was shocked to see 95% of the people that work there are extremely limited mentally and most came off like criminals. Some of the employees did get kick backs from the company and the goal of the patrol drivers was to tow cars no matter what. I was also told if you didn't tow cars you would be fired. As far as "patrol" there was none as soon as they gave out a couple of tickets and tows they left. Sometimes they wouldn't even patrol, they would just go to the guard house, sign something and leave. I knew my first night would be my last but I stayed through the first night just to see how this shady scam worked. Talking to these patrol drivers was like hanging out with gang members. At the end of my shift I was told by the lead gang member patrol guy that I needed to clean the patrol car and his patrol car off the clock. I had enough by this time and just laughed at him. I was called later that day by the human recourse guy who I am pretty sure is part of al-qaeda, he tried to threaten me he was going to call the police and have me arrested if I didn't return the used uniform shirt I had. I again laughed and told him I will be calling my uncle who is a police detective in Orange County. He then hung up the phone on me and again when I called him back. They never paid me for the one day of work and then two years ago I get informed of a class action suit against them won by former employees. I would never live in a place that did business with this company, It's no different than going down to Santa Ana and hiring a gang to patrol your neighborhood.

Patrol Tow has got to go! Sep 01, 2009

It is funny to see patrol one employees coming onto the complaint website and posing as ex employees. So, Ex Patrolman 423, you are telling us that you love patrol one so much that you decided to look them up on google to see if they had any complaints against them so that you could defend them? Seriously? You have nothing better to do! We are on this website complaining because we feel that we have been wronged and we are expressing our feelings. I have had some great jobs, but never once have i went back and looked them up to defend them on a website. You are obviously a current employee told by your boss to go on this website and say how great of a time you had working for patrol one. Or y0u might even be the boss yourself. If patrol one does nothing wrong then why are their employees on this website defending them? A guilty party always opens their mouth, an innocent party feels they have nothing to worry about and lets there actions speak for themselves.
    Now to my complaint, last night my vehicle was towed from my complex and I had to pay $250 dollars to get it out of towing. Which is a crime in itself! I called patrol one and spoke to a lady by the name of Mayra, who might very well be Ex Patrolman 423 as far as I know. I asked why I had been towed because I had not recieved 2 prior violations which is required by our association before being towed. She stated that I had revieved one in June and one just a few days ago. I did recieve the one in June, that I am admitting, but I did not recieve a violation a few days ago, that i am sure of. I requested that a copy of the violation be sent to me and she stated that it did not matter because if there was not one on file, that they could just write a new ticket and say that it was the original one left on my car. When I questioned her about the legality of that she retracted from her original statement and said she was just using that as an example. Why would you use an illegal action as an example? She pretty much stated that they can write tickets in the office and say that they had been placed on your car and that they must have been blown away. Are you serious!!! This activity should be looked into and I will be contacting the BBB and notifing them of what I was told. They should not be allowed to have free reign on our associations! What are they there for other than to tow our vehicles? If I have an emergency I am calling the police, not a security guard!! There name should be changed to Patrol Tow! That is all they do, can someone please give me proof that they do something else besides tow vehicles. I live in Ladera Ranch, probably one of the safest communities around, so I know they are not out chasing bad guys or making my street a safer place to walk around at night. I have never seen them rescuing kittens or knocking on my door just to let me know that they are there and that I can get a good nights rest. I am probably going to get my car towed straight from my garage in retaliation because of this email. We all know that they obviously check this site often. Fire Patrol Tow!

Jason (Patrol One) Sep 01, 2009

Indy423 Jul 31, 2009

Scottrod is an idiot. Unfortunately the standing guard positions don't always attract the best or brightest...

He was a standing guard that was probably fired for being caught by a patrolman for being late, screwing around, sleeping, etc...

There is NO time for anything but the job. I used to come off the 10 hr. shift exhausted from the workload and 250 miles of driving i would do in a night over several cities.

A patrolman is checking accounts, checking on standing guards (the patrolman is the supervisor of all standing guards within the patrolman's route), ticketing, towing, and IMMEDIATELY responding to emergency calls pertaining to domestic disputes, noise complaints, and alarms going off. All before, during, and after locking up and unlocking pool's, spa's, gate's, and business building doors, churches (I had to lock up several), etc...

So as you see, there is NO time for anything but the job, and any patrolman who even attempts to loaf off will be detected by Sammy (Samir) or other office and field supervisor personnel. They know what is supposed to be happening and can easily tell if somebody is not doing their job due to all the documented paperwork, radio traffic, pictures of towing's, occasional surprise inspections of the patrolman by the field supervisor, and most importantly... the fact that patrol one has documents of studies that calculate the time it should take to get from any account to any account and have constantly adjusted time and travel vs. workload documents for each patrol area based on input from field supervisors, office staff, and the patrolmen who drive it.

I don't know how many times i was queried about my location because i hadn't radioed in yet that i was at the account because i was held up by traffic, construction, etc...

Heck! I couldn't hardly find a place that was open in the middle of the night to get lunch/dinner! Much less have the time to stop and eat! Usually we ate on the run! (lol, i shared a patrol vehicle sometimes with a supervisor that was on different days who liked the vehicle immaculate and wouldn't allow me to even eat in the truck! So there goes even more time!

I digress though.

All in all, I have have said it before and i'll say it again. Patrol One does nothing wrong. I am not aware of any shady past of Sammy's and whether there is or is not something in his past it's irrelevant. He does not own the company and his personal background has no business being placed in conjunction with Patrol One. If anything, i would laud him for that type of background because that would mean he would no exactly how to operate a security company to prevent criminal activity and to catch the ones that attempt it anyway! Didn't any of you ever hear about those reformed bank robbers that would get hired by banks to break into their banks to then tell the bank exactly where their weakness's were and how to prevent them from being exploited again?... I saw a TV show about the same thing but it was an ex burglar who showed homeowners how to protect their homes...

I just checked observer14370's link. There is NOTHING there... it's just a search window to dig up pending cases. No information pops up. Even if i'm putting the info in wrong, these would all be PENDING cases. I could accuse any of you of anything and go get myself a lawyer to sue you. But would that make you guilty?... I could claim that every one of you that is reading this has murdered somebody and take you to court to defend yourself... That would be a felony trial would it not???... But does that mean you are guilty????... and WOW! >> 99 <<!!! that certainly seems like a lot of felonies for one guy to get away with without the police checking him out, arresting him, etc... You know... the most hated criminals in this countries history didn't have 99 felonies against them... That's EPIC! Almost like criminal dictator killing people type of level...

Don't you think we need to come back down to reality and stop trying to get some kind of puny revenge by writing bull crap like that! So you got your toes stepped on by Patrol One because you did something you weren't supposed to and got caught. Quit whining about your stupidity by being childish by slandering the people who are doing nothing wrong and grow up.

If it wasn't for the people at Patrol One, an Orange County Sheriff would be dead right now! One of the patrolmen (Who either was at the time, or became a field supervisor after) during his shift driving past Cook's Corner (A haven for quite a few bikers) saw an Orange County Sheriff by himself at the front of the bar on the ground getting beaten to death in the center of a large crowd. The Patrol One patrolman raced in, jumped into the the mob throwing attackers aside and dragged the officer out of harms way and protected him until backup could arrive. ALL WITHOUT BEING ARMED. Patrol One personnel did not carry guns, and as far as I am aware, still do not.

Care to throw mud at that one people?????...

ex Patrolman 423

• Sc
    scottrod4u Jul 23, 2009

ihate patrol one i usedto work for them ...all they ###ing do is drink on duty while there working and driving the night shift they speed and too top it off they fot even work iknow work for them i ssen it all .they loc up the pools and after that they strip clubs and bars an come back too unlock the pool and they go home ...

• Sc
    scottrod4u Jul 23, 2009

the hell with patrol one i used to work for them...there drivers are ###en lazy all they doo drink on duty and go pretend to work ...

• Ob
    observer14370 Jul 15, 2009

Check out this link Samir Ahmad has 99 Felonies pending against him

• Li
    Lil B.O.B Jul 06, 2009

Patrol 1 is one of the best companies i have ever wrked for. The best part was the treatment from the owner. He was very honest, and respectable. He treated all employees very well and maintained an open door policy while doing so. There was a specific company begining which took patrol one's clients with obvious tactics and strategy. 2 which included x P1 employees knowing pool gate combos and locking pools which patol one already secured so it would look as if patrol one did not. They also removed signs from accounts which are costly. Through all of the unfair tactics this other security company has shown patrol one owner Bill handled everything with extreme class. karma will soon reach the other security company. There is a website which u can check by name peoples crininal chargers. PLEASE check the owner of the other security company and see what is finally taking place. Not too many ppl r aware so lets not forget about our freedom of speech.

- Lil B.O.B. :)

Indy423 Jun 23, 2009

All you homeowners and tenants who have been towed because of Patrol One and are on this website complaining should stop blindly accusing Patrol One of wrong doing. I was a Patrolman with Patrol One for 2 years. I have not worked for them in years due to moving away, and I have nothing to do with them or anybody working for them now, but I can tell you that there was no illegal activity like getting kickbacks from towing agencies or anything else like that. Those practices are highly illegal!

Patrol One did not and still does not make parking policies.

All parking rules of any community or area are set up by the Owner of the property or the Home Owners Association governing where you live and park your vehicles. Patrol One simply is hired to enforce SOMEBODY ELSE'S rules.

I can tell you that I have even been ticketed by Patrol One for not following the association rules of a gated community a friend lived in that I was visiting. It was her fault for not Safe Listing my vehicle, and my fault for not making sure she Safe Listed my vehicle. So I have no complaints.

If you can't stand or handle living and parking by the rules set forth by the HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION then stop parking there, move out, or simply petition your association or the people who govern the place where you park to alter the rules to make things easier on you and your guests.

PERIOD.

Those rules are set forth to keep emergency lanes clear per city ordinances, keep vehicles from blocking other peoples driveways, keep strange vehicles out of your community to give enough parking spots for you home owners, and to keep the look of your communities clean, open, and inviting so you have a nice place to live and your property values don't go down the toilet.

I don't know about you, but it pisses me off to see my parking taken and have to look at some junker car that never gets driven, or somebodies boat or RV parked right in front of my house instead of in front of their own house half a block to a block away...

Ex Patrolman 423

• Mi
    mike3695 Jun 02, 2009

Patrol One is a pathetic excuse of a patrol company. When they first sign up with an association they encourage immediate towing of cars that do not have the parking tags hanging in the mirror. It costs the resident owners hundreds of dollars to get their cars after being treated like a criminal by the bull dog that works in the office at the tow yard. Then, when an association finally wises up, or is so tired of the complaints from the homeowners, they finally research other options that don't involve towing. Then the patrol company disappears. Now you are paying them for nothing because the never come around. They ONLY are interested in patrolling properties where they can make money from kick-backs from the towing company. This is against the law in California, but happens all the time. Any association or company who is thinking about hiring this company needs to know this. They are not trustworthy or ethical!

• Ad
    Adam Feb 11, 2009

I can't begin to tell you how upset I am with Patrol one. I got in with my trailer at 2 am at my house and woke up in the morning and they unhooked it from my car and towed my car and trailer. I have never had a warning for my trailer. Our CCR's require 3 warnings then a tow. I went to pick up my trailer and my ATV's were untied inside and while they towed it it caused 2k worth of damage inside. They said they towed it because my car had 3 warnings and needed to be towed and they didn't want to unhook my trailer in case it got stolen so they towed it also. I have tried to get them to pay and they have been unprofessional and very rude and refuse to pay for the damages. I pay my HOA due's and they hire a company like this that is unethical.

Mark Johnson Nov 16, 2008

I totally agree that PATROL ONE employees in many cummunities are paid kickbacks by towing companies. You have to understand that Patrol One is owned and operated by former law enforcement persons or their families, so are towing companies owners.

This is an legal organized gang with connections.

• A1
    a10cowgirl Nov 02, 2008

I've had a bad experience with Patrol One also. I lived in Orange and parked in the handicapped parking in front of my condo. My neighbor had a space right next to mine. I caught Patrol One putting my car on the tow truck and stopped them. I had a handicapped parking permit, but it wasn't on my rear view mirror. I showed them the permit and the tow company put my car back. Mind you, I had parked in that same place every day for the past 4 years. My neighbor had the same thing happen to him. Patrol One towed his car 3 times. He threatened to sue. After so many complaints by residents, Patrol One was fired by our complex. Thank God! The people that work for them see it as doing their job, but they fail to look at both sides. The homeowner, who pays high association fees, and parks in front of his/her residence gets their car towed and has to pay a huge fee to get it back, when the only thing they did was park in front of their house. That's their right. How criminal is that? The association fees paid by the homeowner pays Patrol One to tow the cars, so the homeowners has to pay more just to get their car back. Just who is benefiting by this? The tow companies of course. This is not rocket science. There are plenty of views to go around here, and plenty of blame. I don't blame the homeowners for being angry. Something does need to be done. This is a multifaceted problem. It's not only Patrol One's fault for not being more discriminate, but the association's that hire this company to tow vehicles. The tow companies are not careful about towing vehicles either. They don't seem to care, because they don't check carefully before they tow either. That's how they make money. My solution to this problem was...I moved. That solved it. End of story.

• Ni
    Nick Oct 15, 2008

Private Party Impounds are the easiest money-making activity for towing companies. smaller and/or newer outfits will often do virtually anything to get them. some people with management and/or boards and/or security will sometimes do anything to get them and so will tow drivers most of the time. if they're not towing something, they're not making any money! the Incentive is definitely there to be Diligent on Enforcing the Rules, instead of Cutting Slack, just like the Cities who give tickets if you're on the street on street-sweeping day. there will Always be at least some money or other rewards changing hands to some degree, believe it, it's Big Money!!! but still...they can't get you if you're not taking the chance that they won't catch you, they Will!!!

• Ar
    Arrg Oct 03, 2008

I agree with the complaints. They have ridiculus rules, its not like "all you have to do is abide the rules."
    Anybody would go along the rules if they were clear. To make sense of patrol one rules, you will have to
    get several papers(citations) and go on to the job of surfing their super slow website that has a very poor
    quality of everything. Although( i mean no offensive to the employers), they have the question "are patrol-one officers
    blind, dumb or stupid" on the faq, which in my opinion, very much tells us what the consensus is, and
    also tells us that the administrator of the website is a arrogant person who thinks by putting that piece will
    help people like patron-one or thinks its funny.

• Bl
    blaze 420 Sep 26, 2008

I still work for Patrol One and also for Patrol Maters. I tow cars out of driveways with no violaions cuz I get paid mad $$$ from tow companies. Dumb ### rich people. Oh..yeah. and i probliliy bang your daughter to.

• Je
    JENNANDBRY5802 Jul 30, 2008

PATROL ONE - HORRIBLE COMPANY

• Be
    ben Jul 11, 2008

I totally agree they towed my car parked in front of my house and the tow truck company people
    were rude and obnoxious they too should be shut down or investigated for improperly towing cars.
    We should get of Patrol one, our associations are paying them so they can proide security and not to
    gouge us.

• Ge
    getover it Jun 19, 2008

It is so sad to see that there is an actual web site created by people that actually live in theses beautiful high end areas. I guess it pays off to be rich since you seem to have all this time to bash not only a company that is hired by your associations to do a job, but the employees that are only getting paid to enforce the rules your board members set and you people just cant seem to follow. One would assume that someone that can afford luxury living is well educated and would know how to read. Guess not. It's sad! Not only are you people throwing hissy fits and whining like babies but your all taking it out on the wrong people. And it is pretty annoying i might add specially since before moving into these homes you are explained of all these ugly rules an regulations. First i reccomend that if you are really that upset, then attend a board meeting. Talk to your board members (you know the ones that set the rules.), 2nd if you are still unsatisfied MOVE! There is no 3r or fourth option. If you are one of the many who has lived at association for years(and use this as an excuse) then you must really enjoy being aggravated or better yet must enjoy aggravating and letting out your frustations on others to make up for you being so bitter. Must be all that money!.. lol. Cmon people get a life, and enjoy it.

Jason (Patrol One Employee) May 16, 2008

Regarding complaint made by "Patrol One Complaint" on 05/16/08:

Patrol One has a responsibility to enforce each property's parking rules as we have been directed by each client's Board of Directors.

In this particular case, the vehicle owner received two courtesy notices prior to the vehicle ever being towed. Subsequently, the vehicle has been towed three times because the association-required parking permit was not clearly visible and hanging from the vehicle's rearview mirror. The resident has admitted that her parking permit hang tag was not hanging from the vehicle's rearview mirror, as required by the association. The vehicle owner thinks that maybe the permit fell onto the floor of the vehicle.

The vehicle owner freely admits that the first time the vehicle was towed, they failed to put the parking permit in the vehicle.

According to the vehicle owner, when she arrived at the tow yard after the vehicle was towed for the second time, someone at the tow company informed her that she would not have to pay the tow fees if she and the tow company employee could clearly see the parking permit from outside the vehicle (even though it was clearly not hanging from the rearview mirror as required). The vehicle owner was unable to see the permit from outside the vehicle, and so was required to pay the tow fees. If the vehicle owner could not see the permit from outside the vehicle during the day, is it more likely that a patrol officer would see the permit in the vehicle at night? I doubt it.

The association's rule in this case is very clear, and Patrol One has a responsibility to enforce that rule strictly and uniformly. As a courtesy to homeowners our officers do make an attempt to locate parking permits that may have fallen, broken, or been misplaced. In the event our officer locates a misplaced parking permit, generally another courtesy notice is issued to the offending vehicle, indicating that the permit must be placed in the required location.

It should also be understood that Patrol One has no desire to tow any vehicle. Patrol One does not make any money from having a vehicle towed. In fact, doing so would be in direct violation of the law. Patrol One offers a substantial cash reward to any persons who provide information leading to the arrest and conviction of any of our own employees engaging in "kick-backs" or receiving any monetary compensation for the towing of any vehicle. Additionally, Patrol One requires all of the tow companies with which we do business to sign an agreement indicating they will never engage in "kick-backs" or monetarily compensate our employees for the towing of vehicles.

As for our officers becoming "familiar with the cars that are parked in the association, " it must be understood that each of our officers evaluate thousands of vehicles each day, and have issued over 125, 000 courtesy notices in Orange County in the past year. It would be unreasonable to expect that any of our officers memorize the vehicles they evaluate on a daily basis.

Would it be fair to the tow company to have to return the vehicle to the owner at no charge, even though they performed the tow as requested and were not at fault in any way? Clearly not.

Would it be fair for Patrol One to have to pay for the tow, even though we were not at fault in any way, and in fact were contractually bound to perform our duties in the exact fashion that we did? I don't think so.

Would it be fair for the vehicle owner to pay for the tow, given they admit that they failed to follow the specific instructions provided to them by the association? I believe so.

It is unfortunate for anyone to have their vehicle towed for any reason. It would strongly be our preference to never have to have a vehicle towed from any property. The towing of a vehicle requires Patrol One to invest a significant amount of time and effort, for which we are not compensated in any way.

xxwildbillxx Jan 24, 2017

@Jason (Patrol One Employee) then you need to hire more people, to surevy a goo tow or, a mistake tow

• Fr
    frustrated May 16, 2008

I agree! Patrol One is a selfish, unreliable company. I live in Costa Mesa with an association that has limited parking. I have lived in this complex not even a half a year, and my car has been towed 3 TIMES ALREADY!!

One would think that the "rent-a-cop" wannabe drivers of Patrol One would EVENTUALLY become familiar with the cars that are parked in the association. One would ALSO think that when these drivers survey an area and find one of these familiar cars parked without a pass, they would get off their a$$e$ and take a good look to see if the pass may have fallen on the floor somewhere. Not Patrol One! I had to pay to get my car out, EVEN THOUGH MY PASS WAS RIGHT THERE ON THE PASSENGER'S SIDE OF THE FLOOR. Patrol One would NOT work with me. Their excuse, this coming from "Jason"- "Someone has to pay for the tow." WOW!

I would recommend to ANYONE to bring these complaints up to your association and have Patrol One changed IMMEDIATELY. The longer they remain a part of your association, the longer you, your family and friends will be BULLIED from a company that is only looking out for their wallets.

xxwildbillxx Jan 06, 2018

@frustrated I have completed all information needed and since my vehicle had a blownd gasket, I moved it from the disabled spot while not in use, so another disabled person can use it, so I moved it to open spot the next day I was towed with out any warnings, one way or another Patrol one will be paying for this.

• Ro
    Robert P May 06, 2008

These complaints are based on a vehicle being towed away at the vehicle owner’s expense. If the people posting these complaints were to follow their associations parking rules and regulations (which they signed off on when purchasing their home) then their vehicle wouldn't have been towed and they wouldn’t be posting a complaint on this website.

Patrol One is a reputable company and has been for over 15-years. We have a "AAA" rating with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) for a reason and would be more than happy to utilize the mediation service they offer their clients to oversee any complaint that anyone may have on us.

It is sad that there is a website that allows people to throw grenades at a company and not be responsible for what they claim!

xxwildbillxx Jan 06, 2018

@Robert P Yes and you suck

An HOA Pres Apr 20, 2008

Dear sir,

I understand you are angry but really... all you really need to do is follow the rules. They are called, "CC&R" You signed it. You agreed to it. As far as parking any place you feel like, well, doesn't your assoc. look BEAUTIFUL! Aren't you proud to have visitors over? Again... I do understand your point of view, however please understant the assoc. doesn't want EVERYONE just parking any were. It is normal to allow people to "slide" but then before you know it, everyone will be doing it. That's normal human nature.

Thank you for reading...

patrol one employee Mar 23, 2008

i be getting $200 for towing yo wheelz and get paid watching to bang yo girl. now pay me. and yo can't do anything about that. cuz i'm contract.