Paraco Gashorrible customer service

I used to deal with a local mom & pop service for my propane heating called "Dependable". Sadly they went out of business and were swallowed up by Paraco Gas. The women in the Paraco Saugerties office (and they are all women) are some of the coldest, nastiest and in some cases the most sadistic people I have ever come across in all my life. I am disabled becasue of that am almost always struggling to make ends meet. Because of this I depend on the HEAP home heating federal grant to pay some of my winter heating bills. This year the grant came late (11/16 as opposed to 11/1) because of cut backs which means my propane tanks were very low and had not been filled since the previous March. When my tanks get below 15% (10% being empty) my absentee landlady told me I would have to shut off the heat. Because if the tanks run dry it would damage my furnace somehow and need to be reset and I would be responsible for any costs. By the week of Thanksgiving I had to shut off the heat.

Because of the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend I could not get a delivery. I called first thing monday morning and was told I the earliest I could get a delivery was on Wednesday 11/30. Emergency or not.This would mean two more days without
heat but what could I do? Wednsday rolled around and by 2pm there was still no delivery. I called the office and was told by some very ice cold woman that they would be there friday! I asked why then I was told wednsday? She told me they had the right to change delivery dates and routes when they pleased! I was speechless. She didn't apologize or sympathize or anything. She just acted like it was no big deal! When I asked why no one called to tell they wouldn't be coming I got silence. She told me to just keep my electrical space heater running. Again, I couldn't believe I was talking to another human being yet alone a person in customer service talking to a customer. Her message was basically 'drop dead'!

Enraged, I called the corporate headquarters and left a message with the regional managers voice mail. He called back within 45 minutes and was actually very nice. He apologized and said a truck was on its way and should be to my home within minutes. Sure enough there it was with my fuel. Which proves the women in Saugerties lied AGAIN to me when they said there was no truck in my area. To add insult to injury, when I got home later that day after grocery shopping there was a message on my machine. It was some woman from Paraco Saugerties named Bernadette who must have been so angry because I went over her head she actually called to harass me under the guise of "being concerned"!! She said "I am just calling to confirm the truck got there. It seems he delivered 120 gallons. (if she knows how many gallons I got she knows he came right?). "You WERENT OUT OF FUEL like you suggested. I suggest you look into that next time if you are not getting any heat." The absolute stones on this woman is something to behold. She couldn't let it go. I am not even going to bother to call and explain to her that in my case, for all intents and purposes an almost empty tank is an empty tank for me. After all, who is going to pay my landlady for a busted furnace? Bernadette? There is really something wrong with the Paraco in Saugerties. They should remember that in these days they should be on their hands and knees everyday thanking God they have a steady job. But instead they act like they are doing you a giant favor by answering the phone and doing their job. Stay away from them if at all possible. But since they have a small monopoly up here that might be difficult.

• Sp
    spackle Dec 30, 2011

Follow up. Today is 12/30/2011. I woke up this morning to the sound of someone pumping fuel into my propana tanks. I rushed outside and told the delivery man to stop pumping fuel as I DID NOT ORDER A DELIVERY!! I still have two tanks half filled. And if they bothered to look at my account they would see I only have about $75 in credit left! I have told the Saugerties office numerous times not to deliver fuel to me unless I call for a delivery, yet there he was and this is not the first time I have gotten unwanted deliveries. If I had not been there to stop him I would have gotten a bill for at least $300 which I simply could not pay! A bill which they would harass the Hell out me for and wind up putting locks on my tank for non-payment in very quick fashion. If I have the money this Spring I will be dumping Paraco post haste as their office seems to be run at best by people who are lazy and simply do not care about their jobs or at worst are just plain IQ challenged.