[Resolved] Overstock.com — got the run around re: defective merchandise not returnable
I purchased an expensive Simmons bed from Overstock.com, within a few months a bad sag started happening. Well, not being too pro-active I contacted Overstock 8 months later, they sent me to Simmons, Simmons had me fill out this huge form, including bill of sale, etc. and sent me a letter two weeks later that I had to 'contact the retailer.' I contacted Overstock and they said they had to contact the 'warehouse' who had to contact Simmons to say I got the mattress from them in order to proceed under warranty. I filed a warranty complaint with Simmons and they assigned it to a mattress tech. The mattress tech came three weeks later spent 1.5 hours examining and measuring the 1.5 inch divot in the mattress, took apart the box spring and noticed two bent wires. He said bent wires usually happen at the 'warehouse' or in delivery. Two weeks later a letter from Simmons voiding the 10 year warranty due to defective boxspring wires I contacted Overstock about receiving DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE and they said I only had 30 days to bring that to their attention. They offered to pay for a new boxspring but the warranty would still be void. 800 bucks for a defective bed. Hours on the phone with Simmons, Overstock, Mattress Tech, and I'm stuck. I get a small refund for my trouble but now I have to buy a new bed.
I will never every buy anything from Overstock.com again.
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
More Overstock.com Complaints & Reviews
- Overstock.com - platinum protection plan issues
- Overstock.com - return scam
- Overstock.com - returning jewelry
- Overstock.com - I am thinking I may have to take them to small claims court
- Overstock.com - return scam!!
- Overstock.com - held funds for order cancelled
- Overstock.com - Never buying from them again.
- Overstock.com - poor service
- Overstock.com - incorrect items shipped and bed assembly ridiculously difficult
- Overstock.com - highest price guaranteed