[Resolved] Opodoflight booking

H Nov 20, 2017

Hi Team,

Its really disheartening and disappointing to read the response from you as you don"t have courtesy to understand the pain I had after I could not board the booked Flight with Ethiopian Airlines.

Did you ever bother to read through the issue before simply copying and pasting the response to my email; I would request you to read through the email carefully before pasting the ready template.

Kindly go through the experience I had yesterday with Ethiopian Airlines;
I had horrifying time at Airport, I could not board the flight as this Flight has VISA restrictions, one needs to have Multiple Visa entries for Schenegan.which should have been suggested at the time of booking the flight, we should have some check marks while we do the booking.
It was never mentioned to me at the time of booking this flight, however when I tried to check-in, I was told that I am not allowed to board the flight As I dont have multi-entry VISA, Why was I not asked at the time of booking the Flight, I had to roam here and there along with my one year old Infant and Luggage. Which was very horrifying, nobody listened to me. On top of it, you have not even read my email.
I talked to your Customer care people before starting journey two times, they never mentioned about these rules to be considered, Do you find this Funny, I was at Airport struggling with my Infant crying all the time.

I had no other ways to leave the flight and paid three times the charges for another flight back to Stockholm, I must say it was horrible experience at the Airport, I will definitely take this matter for legal Pursuance, if I dont get compensated for this properly. I paid three times the new booking and it was truly horrifying to see my Child crying in pain and loading the luggages here and there on the Airport without any Help.

• Resolution Statement

• Opodo Customer Care's Response · Nov 21, 2017

Hi Harshit,

As our terms and conditions state

"3.4.1 It is your responsibility to be in possession of a valid passport and, if appropriate, a visa. It is important to remember to include all transit points in your journey which may also require you to obtain a visa. It can often take some time to obtain a visa, so you are advised to apply in plenty of time. We accept no responsibility for customers who do not possess the correct documents."

I'm truly sorry for the experience you had but I'm afraid it is your responsibility, if you wish to discuss it further please send me your booking number via a private mail.

Kind regards,