Menu

Norton  -  unauthorized payment

C
Author of the complaint
10:42 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

i got charged an annual fee for the anti virus software and i never gave permission for this. £59.98 was taking from my MasterCard. my e-mail address is [protected]@gmail.com. i would like to here from you as soon as possible.
yours sincerely,
Ciara odonohoe

More Norton complaints & reviews

Norton - fraud and scam
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Norton - credit card being charged after I cancelled the renewal
Norton - norton finance - like net66 - just can't keep a promise.
Norton - unauthorised payment taken by norton
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Norton - security software has been removed and you have removed fees from my bank
Norton - unauthorised payments
20 comments
J
Sep 08, 2019 5:38 pm

Exactly same thing happened to me. I think it is a concerning issue that a company we are support to trust and protect us against viruses is actually taking money from Paypal with out my authorisation. I have no intention of using Norton ever again as a consequence. It worries me because this is the first time this has happened to me

Not impressed at all.

J
Nov 30, 2016 12:47 pm

Yes, last year they took my money from my credit card without consulting me. As I was going to renew anyway, I didn't complain but I have recently had 2 e-mails supposedly from Norton - it might be a scam for all I know - demanding that I update my credit card or I will not be automatically renewed and this could cause a problem. My renewal is not until February 28th 2016. Whybare they so desperate to get their hands on my card. I have changed cards since last renewing but from having read these other posts I am most certainly NOT going to opt for automatic renewal in the future. They can send me a reminder and then I will renew like always happened in the past. Or - aas this is making me uneasy, I will probably not renew at all. Alwyas thought they were a trustworthy company but this seems like decidedly shady dealing.

H
Jan 31, 2016 11:22 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

If Raj believes what he says, because he is a technician for Norton, then either they've disposed of BitDefender in the past 6 months, or he is not aware of Symantec's long list of companies.

H
Jan 24, 2016 3:08 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

For the benefit of those who are having problems with Norton or Bit Defender, for that matter, both companies are part of the Symantek Corporation, whose Head Office address is:
Symantec World Headquarters
350 Ellis Street
Mountain View, CA 94043
Phone: +[protected]
For Your Information: It is possible to leave comments on Symantec's website, but regardless of whether you leave your name/address etc., in the hope of a response, don't hold your breath or keep your fingers crossed, as I doubt they'll care what you have to say or how badly Norton or any of their software companies have treated you. They don't give a damn. I have yet to write them by snail mailwith all the problems I had of their previously excellent Norton 360 gobbling up my maintenance software, from about 8 month ago: having ignored it for the previous 5 years! I have learned from experience that if you have maintenance software that has similar maintenance functions to some of their own (added on over the years) (i.e. not virus related), that they will use their Antivirus software to remove it's executable files and destroy it! Never mind that they had ignored it in the past!

V
Mar 14, 2014 4:26 am

Veraldi francesco Indirizzo mail: v [email protected] : ho Pagato il r Innovo del Norton annuale [protected] con Carta di Credito il . 23.08.14
Ho r iconfigurato il Sistema ma non ri esco p i u ad attivare norton . Ch i edo assstenza - Grazie

G
Feb 27, 2013 3:08 pm

Ho ottenuto addebitato un canone annuale per il software antivirus e non ho mai dato il permesso per questo. £ 59, 99 stava prendendo dal mio MasterCard. il mio indirizzo e-mail è [email protected] vorrei qui da voi il più presto possibile.
Distinti saluti,

D
Feb 06, 2013 5:08 pm

Same problem for me in december 2012.
Ref is : NORTON ANNUAL RENEWAL [protected] LU
The amount is 74, 99€ from my creditcard.
Please help.
Thank you.

G
Sep 19, 2011 7:35 pm

on 08/28/2011 I've paid for an extension online and get an invoice. The number is: [protected]
Address: GAUB GmbH.

Aug 11, 2011 5:15 pm

No problem, it's oké.

Aug 11, 2011 1:35 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I agree. I had forgotten it after 8 years. But of course you can read it in the terms and conditions. Marcel de Roij

Aug 11, 2011 1:04 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

If you had bought Norton and installed and deleted the program from your computer - WARNING. It had happened to me also. Your Norton account at www.mynortonaccount.com stays forever. When at your account is seen 'choose for automatically update' will there automatically every year money from your credit card without your permission.. Turn this off. asap. .Your inlog name is your E-mail adres. Forgot your password, you can ask for a new one directly. After that you can delete this dangerous setting. Sorry for the bad translation. Marcel de Roij (Holland).

B
Apr 05, 2010 4:49 am

Jeg er blevt trukket over 550, 00 kr på min konto, og jeg har ikke Norton instaleret og har aldrig givet tilladelse til udbetaling !

B
Apr 05, 2010 4:47 am

Jeg er også blevet trukket for over 550 kr på min konto, og jeg har ikke engang Norton instaleret!
Berner Pedersen

Sep 30, 2009 5:16 am

[protected] OSTOPVM 090919
EUR 44, 99 Kulut 0, 00
MF NRO 74313309263937141945862
VARMENTAJA 400
Odotan Ohjelmaa Mutta en ole saanut vielä mitään saisinko jotain ilmoitusta? [email protected]

F
Apr 24, 2009 3:13 pm

same here
39, 99 euro
I work hard for the money, so pleace send it back where it belongs.

N
Mar 27, 2009 11:05 am

I like to have the danish number to norton

N
Mar 27, 2009 11:03 am

The same has happend for me in Denmark.
The problem is that it is not possible to find the mail either the adress or the phone-number to the cmpany!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

376 complaints