NordicTracknordictrack c990 treadmill breaks down and nobody cares to help at icon / nordictrack

M May 23, 2019

We bought the C990 treadmill in may 2018. Last month the incline system broke down and did not work anymore. The incline jumps from 0% to 12% without doing anything but spinning the motor for 2 seconds... So I suspect the sensor is faulty.

I made a video of the issue and reached out to NordicTrack support which seemed to be IconService.com. I asked them to take a look at the video to see if a new sensor is indeed what I need.

They simply said: The machine is outside the US, we cannot help you. I bought the machine at Amazon.com and shipped it to Curacao where I live so I asked them who to call / contact next. After I said that Curacao is part of the Netherlands they gave me a Dutch telephone number that was out of business for 5 years! The website does not give any help finding a Dutch partner so I contacted Icon Support again.

Then they simply said : We do not give any help or warranty outside the US!

After explaining I need no warranty but want them to take a look at the video to confirm the sensor is the issue so I can order a new one, they directed me to Icon Canada... They supplied a website of them that did not work but finally I got in touch with them. Of coarse Icon Canada said to me: You have to be in the US for support we cannot do anything...

After hours and hours explaining and begging to take a look at the video to see if I need a new sensor, nobody at Icon / NordicTrack seems to care or want to help... They make nice products but they really do not care about their customers and do not give any help or support...

After 5 hours calling, explaining and getting nowhere I decided to trash the nearly new NordicWalk Treadmill C990 because appearently noboy even bothers to take a look at the video I made and let me know what the problem possibly can be... NordickTrack does not give a [email protected]$&%^ about their customers...

Please, please do not buy these products since they do not even want to spend 15 seconds on video's presenting the issue... They will not help you when things break down...

Marc Verkade - Curacao