Nokia 5310 Xpressmusicfaulty handset

R

Hi all,

I have purchased a nokia model no 5310 xpressmusic (imea no: [protected]) on the 8th of december 2007 from the univercell the mobile expert - universal telecommunications india pvt ltd. # 19/11, 20th main road (chord road) , 1st r block, rajajinagar, bangalore-560010. (contact # [protected])

This was a birthday gift, after a week of use it was observed that the mobile hangs and does not function the mobile cannot be switched off none of the keypad works. this happened thrice in one week. I thought it was a problem with my handset and wanted to approach the store where I purchased the mobile. meanwhile I heard from few of my colleagues that they had brought the same model and faced similar problems and the nokia 5310 is a faulty model.

Since I was traveling I approached the store on the 16th of december to return the handset as it was a faulty piece. the salesman mr. naveen kumar at the store who had sold the handset refused to replace the handset with another model and said once the phone is bought it cannot be exchanged and he has not got any complaints about this model. he even enquired with his manager and came back with the same story. and even gave me the address to make a complaint but were reluctant to help me out.

I am very disappointed with nokia as well as the way I have been treated by univercell. I have paid rs.10,800 for a new nokia 5310 handset and I am not able to use it as it is faulty.

I have been a loyal nokia customer for the last 7 years and nokia has been synonymous for cell phones in india & have recommended nokia as a brand to my family & friends and i'm very disappointed with this entire incidence and the way a customer has been treated. I would never ever buy a nokia phone nor will I recommend any body to opt for nokia phones after this incidence.

I want somebody from nokia to look into this matter immediately and replace my handset and refund my money back!!!

A very dissatisfied customer

Rekha

• Pa
    PARIMI RAVIKUMAR Aug 22, 2010

AM FACING SAME PROBLEM.. SUDDENLY SWITCH OFF AND HANGING... PARTS TO BE VERY HIGH PRICES NOW A DAYS TAKE NEW MOBILE THAT PRICE...

Shivanand Aparaj Aug 08, 2010

I am complaining now, but I am facing problem for the last about 6 months. All the problems that are listed above is true. My key pad gets stuck and neither I can receive any calls nor I can make any calls. Its embracing for me when phone starts ringing and I dont pick up the call basically it is not possible to take the call and also I can't switch off my phone. The only way to make my cell silent is to remove the batterry. I have updated the latest software several times but with futile efforts. Kindly help me. I have taken my cell to nearest Nokia priority delaer and service center at Bhashyam Circle, Rajaji nagar, Bangalore. However it works for a week and again the problem starts occuring. My cell No. is [protected]

• Ih
    I HATE NOKIA Apr 01, 2010

i have the 5310 6 months old. The screen is just black has been for a while for no good reason, store wont help. DONT BUY THIS PHONE!!!

Sakawa Feb 20, 2010

Hi people,

I came here to find a solution, i thought its just me but...looks like its really a messed up problem. I have same problem with my Nokia 5310, it starts working on its own like decreasing volume or voice recognition menu etc, worse is when i try to go back all keys freeze and no way out other than taking out battery.
    I would really appreciate any kind of suggestion or help.
    [email protected]
    Thanks.

• Na
    nat92 Feb 03, 2010

Hi, i bought the nokia 5530 x press music in december, and as wel my fone has started to turn it self off and on soon as i bought it. But it isd now not letting me send any text messages out. I can recieve and ring out etc. Does anyone know what to do if it is not texting out?. i went to the shop where i bought it but they told me i can not exchange it. I would be greatful if anyone could help me out.
    Thanks

• Fj
    FjjF Jan 18, 2010

It's completely true! this handset is a piece of s**t!
    I'm from Venezuela and here is the same problem!
    I bet Nokia have NO PROBLEM AT ALL with the product's profits aren't they!?

• Da
    Dain Jan 04, 2010

Hi Guys

I have a Nokia 5310 XpressMusic, i bought it on the 24th Dec, evey time i make a call it turns off, this phone is a little over a week old.

can anyone help

Thanks Dain

[email protected]

• Aw
    awesomee Dec 14, 2009

Mine is messing up too. it freezes, i cnt get calls, its reaaally slow, it restarts itself. and it takes a long time to start back up. this phone is very faulty and i shouldnt have gotten it.
    i got mine january 17 2009 at a reguklar tmobile store in pennsylvania, us.

Matter fact, its frozen right now and its been giving me problems ALL DAY. I'm really frustrated with this phone and dissapointed because i was reaally excited to get it. hopefully i get a new phone thats NOT NOKIA soon.

CHANDAN... Oct 15, 2009

ARE YAAR BAHUT GHATIA PHONE HAI...5310

anurdh Sep 08, 2009

In point of view Nokia 5310 xpress music is a good model only. Because when i bought this it got locked & I found the unlocking code for this model from http://www.unlocking4u.com/unlock-your-phone/rs6wp2/. But my problem is my mobile fall into water, now the display has some problem

Saifuddin. Jul 20, 2009

Hi All,

I have purchased a Nokia Model no 5310 XpressMusic

This was a my father, after a week of use it was observed that the mobile hangs and does not function the mobile cannot be switched off none of the keypad works. This happened thrice in one week. I thought it was a problem with my handset and wanted to approach the Store where I purchased the mobile. Meanwhile I heard from few of my colleagues that they had brought the same model and faced similar problems and the Nokia 5310 is a faulty Model.

Since I was traveling I approached the Store on the handset as it was a faulty piece. The Salesman at the store who had sold the handset refused to replace the handset with another model and said once the phone is bought it cannot be exchanged and he has not got any complaints about this model. He even enquired with his Manager and came back with the same story. And even gave me the address to make a complaint but were reluctant to help me out.

I am very disappointed with Nokia as well as the way I have been treated by Univercell. I have paid Rs.10, 800 for a new Nokia 5310 Handset and I am not able to use it as it is faulty.

I have been a loyal Nokia customer for the last 7 years and Nokia has been synonymous for cell phones in India & have recommended Nokia as a Brand to my family & Friends and I'm very disappointed with this entire incidence and the way a customer has been treated. I would never ever buy a Nokia phone nor will I recommend any body to opt for Nokia phones after this incidence.

I want somebody from Nokia to look into this matter immediately and replace my handset and refund my money back!!!

A very dissatisfied customer

Saifuddin

• Za
    zaangpoolaa Jun 09, 2009

Just brough Nokia 5310 addicted to its slim feature and now the mobile restarts and shutdowns automatically and keep on until the battery is totally drained out. Factory settings wont work. Nothing can be done. Only the option left which i didnot try to to flash the phone.

Maybe the Nokia Centre should take those into serious issues and make it worth using henceforth.

sonam, . bhutan

• 99
    99231 Mar 31, 2009

it is the first and last nokia I will buy. Send an postcard to Nokia and tell them how bad the phone is, if they get enough they my take notice, or not.

Rachel Mar 14, 2009

Nokia 5310 is horrible! I have had the phone for about six months. First i began receiving texts up to 48 hours later. It won't let me receive a few phone calls which leads to me constantly receivingmessage bank messages. It kept resetting itself. Slowly the phone became slower and lags a lot... NOW it suddenyl got a black screen! I can still receive calls, make calls etc; but i might as well be blind! The phone has a nice size and weight, other than that it's absolutely ridiculous. It's been more of an inconvenience for me

Ralph Feb 26, 2009

Your Complaint Is Correct And You Can Solve This Issue By Updating The Firmware To 7.01 Or More.

sadia Nov 03, 2008

I HAVE D SAME PROB DAT MY NOKIA 5310 RESTARTS FREQUENTLY... X-(

• Kk
    kk Oct 20, 2008

great.more details here.

• U5
    u5man4 Oct 07, 2008

your complaint is totally correct but did you notice how to fix this except whining about the matter

SOLUTION
    ================================================================
    UPDATE UR PHONES FIRMWARE AKA SOFTWARE
    I THINK THE FIRMWARE HAS GONE UP TO VER 7 OR 5
    TO SEE FIRMWARE VERSION PLZ TYPE DIS IN UR CELL "*#0000#"
    GOOGLE FOR NOKIA FIRMWARE UPDATE
    P.S I AM NOT A NOKIA CUSTOMER IM A SONY ERICSSON LOVER
    OWN IT ALL W610;)
    ================================================================

shailendra Sep 22, 2008

hello friends
    even I am a sufferer of nokia xpressmusic 5310. it gives problem while listening music only and gets repeatedly hanged. once i removed the memory card it started working fine. but wats the use of a cell without a memory card...

• Tr
    Travis Sep 21, 2008

Hello everyone ; I bought my Nokia 5310 on 21st november 2007 and it was peforming well for the first few months until all the problems started . Firstly the phone started with shutting down by its own, then the volume up button did not work but the volume down button was working so I just thought that it's just the button's fault nothing much and a few weeks later the volume down button was also spoilt now I can't even control how high I want to set the volume and just yesterday all the buttons on top failed . I seriously regretted getting this model though its not gonna stop me from purchasing phones from Nokia but Nokia should do something fast cause there are MANY people getting problems from the 5310 model . Glad to know i'm not the only one with this kinda problems around .

Jamal Aug 24, 2008

I hav a similar problem my nokia strats the screen will go white . And it simply restarts itself.
    I brought this phone brand new from a shop and i am taking it back tommorow and i am getting it fixed . If you ask me you should not buy this model but dont let it put you off buying nokias all together.

saurabh Aug 19, 2008

I bought Nokia 5310 1 month back and while i ws listening to music on my phone it suddenly got hanged and its display went blank. Now, the phone is getting started but the screen comes blank.
    I dont understand what is the problem...

• Bi
    Bino Aug 16, 2008

Hi All

im also facing the same issue. but still i feel its a great gadget and even if i feel frustrated at times, this thing is quite gud with its sleek design and candy bar kind of looks.

• Kr
    krishna Jul 17, 2008

this is one of the worst mobiel wich i have used so far...I moved contact from phone book to sim ...now it is not showing any contacts and it is giving the problem...i am unable to recollect those numbers and i am unable to view those numbers...

Please let me know if any one of you find solution to this...

• Ab
    Abdul Malik Jul 08, 2008

Error is that ( Sim Blocked ) How can its remove?

jordan Jul 03, 2008

hi all. after deciding that nokia phones cant all be as bad as the n73 which i had previouisly and it practicly fell appart, i decided to buy a 5310. big mistake, it freezes all the time and the screen doesnt make any sense anymore, i thought it was related to my constant use of the mp3 feature so turned it off fora few hours, now that i try and turn it on it wont com on, the screen just flashes black and stays off.

please email me if you know whats going on/how to fix it if it can be done by yourself

thanks

• Ju
    julie Jul 02, 2008

had my nokia 5310 expressmusic for 29 days inner screen cracked for no reason.took it back they did not want to know.told me i had done it no way.would not even fix it under warranty.will never buy a nokia mobile again.advise anybody who is thinking about it think again.if you do buy a cover for it or else you will be very dissapointed as a lot of people have had the same problem. julie

• Bi
    Biju Andrews Jun 20, 2008

I too face a similar problem with the handset. It does have the problem of restarting every now and then. Also, many a time when I try to talk, the other end won't hear what I say. NOKIA 5310 is a piece of TROUBLE...

• Da
    Daniel Cribbin Jun 18, 2008

Hi,

I'm from Ireland and this phone has rapidly become very popular, at first everything was good but then little things started to happen like the volume button would hang the odd time. But then the black outs started, in the middle of a phone call it will just go. I havent approached a Nokia store as of yet but will be doing so very soon. I also read above somebody had a problem with the security code, i tried restoring the factory settings except the security code, 12345, as provided in the handbook is incorrect. Which means i cant restore the settings. Basically all of these problems should not be associated with a new phone. Nokia, get your act together!!

The amount of complaints above better have Nokia worried and if nothing is done about this there will be a lot of unhappy customers.

Ram prabhu May 10, 2008

Hi there i'm using N5310 fm nov 23 after one month i started gettin da problems of restart, hangig, etc who is responsible for dis problems plz give idea 2 overcome it anyone...

• Ki
    Kishore May 05, 2008

Tnx buddy. I thought of buying this model. Now I have with drawn. Thanks!

Charlie May 04, 2008

Hi,
    Im from the philippines. I just bought my nokia 5310 3days ago. right now its in the nokia care center because the display wont work after i turn on the phone. Im very disapointed since its brand new and its from an authorized nokia store so im sure its original. Its my first time i encountered this kind of problem. other problems like music player suddenly stop and the volume keys sometimes hangs pisses me off. Nokia should really be concerned about this.

• Ge
    George Njenga Apr 19, 2008

Hello Same problem here. Maybe even worse.
    I bought my phone on 7th/ 3/08. At first no problem. Then certain keys don't work (volume, phonebook, ...) but this was all solved by restarting the phone.
    What happens now is that the keys are locked and there is no way to unlock them. When I "restart" the phone by removing the battery of course, I am asked to enter my security code then required to verify, then nothing unlocks, since no keys are working I can't unlock . So i take out the battery and put it back in. The phone starts up completly normal but still no keys working :-(

Can anybody help me with this untill there is some new firmware. I do like the phone, light, slim, easy to use (if it works), ...

I have no doubt that Nokia will fix this but they are seriously running out of time before losing more customers.

Sharan Apr 10, 2008

I am using Nokia 5310 Xpress music for last 2 months and found few issues. First being music keys hang. This has happened 2-3 times. Secondly, Music player stops without any reason and this has happened around 2 times.

• Fo
    Fonti Mar 28, 2008

Hi!

My phone restarts byitself then completly turns off also,
    i hear from other users that this happpens because the memory card has stored TOO MANY music files.
    I recently deleted a few songs and its works ...so far so good.
    Also having a big storage (2 gbs plus) has the same effect on the fone.
    I am also very disapointed with nokia, but i absolutely love the phone

ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE PHONE CAN HAVE INTERCHANGABLE FACEPLATES?

Thanks

• Aa
    Aashiq Mar 20, 2008

hi rekha,
    no need to try that
    its a mad way to check your mobile..
    may be its a faulty piece
    The mobile expert only cheated You
    not nokia
    Here after never recommend anyone to buy from The expert
    Buy it from the CONNECTING PEOPLe
    They only know the value of the customers
    Ok
    bye

my advice is to try installing the software again because u may downloaded lot of pics or musics via bluetooh
    Now it may be due to a virus
    Note: Never keep your phone with bluetooth on ok
    bye

• Za
    zaid sharief Feb 18, 2008

Hi, i have a nokia 5310 here and i droped it in the floor and the screen mashed. It comes on and the back light comes on but nothing is on the screen its just plain. If anyone knows whats wrong with it can you please let me know on >>>>>[email protected]<<<< thank you ever so much.

• Ar
    Aron Immanuel Feb 13, 2008

Yes Friends,

Even I started facing problem with Nokia 5310 Xpressmusic from the second day onwards..
    I have paid 10k for this mobile and I bought it from a very well known reputed shop in Hyderabad.
    Nokia needs to do something about this.. either recall the model or atleast stop the production of this and correct the problem. Nokia being such a reputed mobile company should really work on this..

I will definitely not refer this model nor the company for any of friends.. Its a pain and dissatisfaction to the core..

ANAND DAGA Feb 02, 2008

I HAV ALSO PURCHASED THE SAME HANDSET A MONTH AGO.FROM THE DAY ONE I M FACING THE SAME PROBLEM.THE PHONE GETS HANGED WHEN THERE IS A MISSED CALL---WHICH IS NOT ATTENDED IN 5 MINS.I GAVE THE HANDSET THREE TIMES TO NOKIA SERVICE CENTRE BUT THERE WAS THE SAME PROBLEM.THEN THEY REPLACED MY HANDSET.THE NEW HANDSET WHICH I GOT ON 29/1/08 IS ALSO HAVING A SAME PROBLEM .NOW I DONT KNOW WAT TO DO. I HAV TAKEN A WRONG DECISION BY PURCHASING A NOKIA HANDSET

• Me
    Mehran Moazzami Jan 27, 2008

The phone is apiece of crap. Mine hanged while playing music and is completely out of orfer. when turning on, it restarts itself 5 times and Boom. Everything will go black again.

Don't know what to do. Will be gratefull if someone help. I got a load of contacts on it.