Nokia 5310 Xpressmusicfaulty handset

Hi all,

I have purchased a nokia model no 5310 xpressmusic (imea no: [protected]) on the 8th of december 2007 from the univercell the mobile expert - universal telecommunications india pvt ltd. # 19/11, 20th main road (chord road) , 1st r block, rajajinagar, bangalore-560010. (contact # [protected])

This was a birthday gift, after a week of use it was observed that the mobile hangs and does not function the mobile cannot be switched off none of the keypad works. this happened thrice in one week. I thought it was a problem with my handset and wanted to approach the store where I purchased the mobile. meanwhile I heard from few of my colleagues that they had brought the same model and faced similar problems and the nokia 5310 is a faulty model.

Since I was traveling I approached the store on the 16th of december to return the handset as it was a faulty piece. the salesman mr. naveen kumar at the store who had sold the handset refused to replace the handset with another model and said once the phone is bought it cannot be exchanged and he has not got any complaints about this model. he even enquired with his manager and came back with the same story. and even gave me the address to make a complaint but were reluctant to help me out.

I am very disappointed with nokia as well as the way I have been treated by univercell. I have paid rs.10,800 for a new nokia 5310 handset and I am not able to use it as it is faulty.

I have been a loyal nokia customer for the last 7 years and nokia has been synonymous for cell phones in india & have recommended nokia as a brand to my family & friends and i'm very disappointed with this entire incidence and the way a customer has been treated. I would never ever buy a nokia phone nor will I recommend any body to opt for nokia phones after this incidence.

I want somebody from nokia to look into this matter immediately and replace my handset and refund my money back!!!

A very dissatisfied customer

Rekha

• Re
    Rekha Menon Dec 20, 2007

Hi All,

I have purchased a Nokia Model no 5310 XpressMusic ( IMEA no: 358653013375344) on the 8th of December 2007 from the Univercell The Mobile expert- Universal Telecommunications India Pvt ltd. # 19/11, 20th Main Road (Chord Road), 1st R Block, Rajajinagar, Bangalore-560010. ( Contact # 23379813)

This was a birthday gift, after a week of use it was observed that the mobile hangs and does not function the mobile cannot be switched off none of the keypad works. This happened thrice in one week. I thought it was a problem with my handset and wanted to approach the Store where I purchased the mobile. Meanwhile I heard from few of my colleagues that they had brought the same model and faced similar problems and the Nokia 5310 is a faulty Model.

Since I was traveling I approached the Store on the 16th of December to return the handset as it was a faulty piece. The Salesman Mr. Naveen Kumar at the store who had sold the handset refused to replace the handset with another model and said once the phone is bought it cannot be exchanged and he has not got any complaints about this model. He even enquired with his Manager and came back with the same story. And even gave me the address to make a complaint but were reluctant to help me out.

I am very disappointed with Nokia as well as the way I have been treated by Univercell. I have paid Rs.10,800 for a new Nokia 5310 Handset and I am not able to use it as it is faulty.

I have been a loyal Nokia customer for the last 7 years and Nokia has been synonymous for cell phones in India & have recommended Nokia as a Brand to my family & Friends and I'm very disappointed with this entire incidence and the way a customer has been treated. I would never ever buy a Nokia phone nor will I recommend any body to opt for Nokia phones after this incidence.

I want somebody from Nokia to look into this matter immediately and replace my handset and refund my money back!!!

A very dissatisfied customer

Rekha

• De
    Deepu Dec 20, 2007

Hi Rekha,

i have also faced the same problem with the same model....

I fell like it's a problem with the sim.. When i replaced my sim card the problem is solved... So you can also give a try with another simcard...

The phone wil be hanged if u do the following steps..

1. Give a miscall to ur cell.
    2. keep it idle for 10-15 mins

If ur cell is faulty it will hang by this time or else ur lucky :)))

Good luck.

• Sj
    Sjz Dec 25, 2007

I am using Nokia 5310 too.
    My Nokia 5310 is bought from local shop here in Malaysia.
    Me too having the restart problem frequently.
    But i would like to know more about your problem?
    You mean it restart itself? It's common problem, my phone restart itself in 2 hours while i am hearing to the music.
    This should be the firmware problem since this is the first firmware for Nokia 5310.
    Just wait a few more months and Nokia will come out with a newer version of firmware to fix all the bugs. Update our firmware that time will do.
    Well, it's quite frustrating to have a new phone but end out like this, but just think of the pros of this phone, it's so slim and light, even slimmer than Mot L7 some more the sound quality is good also.
    So just wait another few months.
    Thanks.

• Re
    Resha Jan 01, 2008

Hi all am also facing the same situation right now. it is very Embarrassing for me.

Also some time my volume control keys are also getting stucked and my head set is not working properly.

I have bouhgt this product on November 26th , it won't take even 1 month to judge the product.

SO PLEASE GO THROUH THE MATTER. :((

• Sr
    Sridhar Jan 06, 2008

Hi All, I too am having the same problem. In the middle of the conversation the phone suddenly hangs, theres a sound and the whole screen goes blank. Since this morning after one such hanging my display isn't working too. Planning to approach a Nokia care centre tomorrow. Any more feedback will be helpful

My phone was bought at "The Mobile Store" on 15-12-2007 and my IMEI is 358653013224098. Lets all write to Nokia too, may be we can use the contact us section

• Mo
    Mohamed Abdallah Jan 07, 2008

Hi All, i'm Mohamed Abdallah From Egypt.

I'm also have the same problem with nokia 5310 XPress Music , it became restarting every time i listen to music.

When i searced for this i found that the problem was from the first batch of Nokia 5310 with v3.60FW installed does have a codec problem on the music player , and the solution for the mean time is to convert the format for the music files to (M4A/eAAC+) format.

I used this Method and it was useful untill now ( Except once or twice).

You can convert the Music files Through the " Nokia PC Suite " which can be downloaded from This link : http://europe.nokia.com/A4144905.

I hope it be useful to u too.

• Mo
    Mohamed Abdallah Jan 07, 2008

Hi All,

I'm Mohamed Abdallah again, i'm sorry i wrote my mail wrong in the previous message.

My mail is : [email protected]

If any one want to contact with me through my mail , contact from this one not from the first.

I'm sorry again.

• Mi
    michelle of Philippines Jan 07, 2008

pax!

I bought my 5310 xpressmusic last jan. 2, 2008. from the date it was purchased, i don't feel any problem with my unit tough it is only a 6 days old.

To inform you guys, that there's a nokia 5310 xpressmusic that is recondition.

manish Jan 10, 2008

Hi all,

I have purchased nokia 5310 and i amverydissatisfied with the phone as its ringer volumeis very lowand it hangs very often.

• Kr
    Kristof Jan 10, 2008

Hello Same problem here. Maybe even worse.
    I've bought my phone on 28dec 2007. At first no problem. Then certain keys don't work (volume, phonebook,...) but this was all solved by restarting the phone.
    What happens now is that the keys are locked and there is no way to unlock them. The powerbutton gives me the message to unlock the phone, since no keys are working I can't unlock the keys. So i take out the battery and put it back in. The phone starts up completly normal but still no keys working :-(

In my opinion they have rushed this phone on to the market for Christmas 2007. I have no doubt that Nokia will fix this but they are seriously running out of time before losing more customers.

• If
    Iftekharul Islam Jan 13, 2008

Same problem with me. My 5310 restarts frequently. Now I bought it from Nokia main center here in Gulshan Dhaka. I wanted to avoid this kind of problem as I had biiter experience with my previous Nokia phone. They said I have 0ne year warranty. And it just only 1 month. Before it used to restart once a day .. now thrice or more. I am thinking of going to visit them. Lets see what they has to say about it.

Nokia should be ashamed of this faulty phone.

• Ke
    Kent Jan 17, 2008

All
    I also have a similar issue with the 5310 which could be a great phone. I purchased this phone on 14th December from Celluphone in the Ibn Battuta Mall in Dubai and on the 1st of January it was back there again for repair under warranty. The problem was that the phone reset itself when playing music and would not reboot again. I did read about the issues surrounding this phone after I bought it but thought I would put up with it until a firmware fix could solve the problem as I liked it's style so much. The biggest downer for me came when Celluphone's electronics guy returned the phone saying there had been a third party repair on this phone and no work could be done on the faulty part due to this. Till this day I am still fighting with these people trying to reason with them as to why I would void a warranty after 2 weeks of purchase and am also totally unqualified to do so.
    Anyone know any places in Dubai that can fix this phones faulty component as at the moment it is a 1125 Dihram paperweight, and not a very good one at that as it is so thin.

• Ba
    Basheer H B Jan 17, 2008

Hello all, am Bash, I too having the same problem. In the middle of the conversation the phone suddenly hangs, theres a sound and the whole screen goes blank. So i have rest to factory settings. But the result is even worst. begining it asked for security code which I put 12345. Totally phone got stucked. keypad also not working. ### cellphone i have ever seen.

I purchased on December 29 to give New year gift to my bro. from Reem Tele Communications Saudi Arabia.

Anyone help me to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Bash

• Me
    Mehran Moazzami Jan 27, 2008

The phone is apiece of crap. Mine hanged while playing music and is completely out of orfer. when turning on, it restarts itself 5 times and Boom. Everything will go black again.

Don't know what to do. Will be gratefull if someone help. I got a load of contacts on it.

ANAND DAGA Feb 02, 2008

I HAV ALSO PURCHASED THE SAME HANDSET A MONTH AGO.FROM THE DAY ONE I M FACING THE SAME PROBLEM.THE PHONE GETS HANGED WHEN THERE IS A MISSED CALL---WHICH IS NOT ATTENDED IN 5 MINS.I GAVE THE HANDSET THREE TIMES TO NOKIA SERVICE CENTRE BUT THERE WAS THE SAME PROBLEM.THEN THEY REPLACED MY HANDSET.THE NEW HANDSET WHICH I GOT ON 29/1/08 IS ALSO HAVING A SAME PROBLEM .NOW I DONT KNOW WAT TO DO. I HAV TAKEN A WRONG DECISION BY PURCHASING A NOKIA HANDSET

• Ar
    Aron Immanuel Feb 13, 2008

Yes Friends,

Even I started facing problem with Nokia 5310 Xpressmusic from the second day onwards..
    I have paid 10k for this mobile and I bought it from a very well known reputed shop in Hyderabad.
    Nokia needs to do something about this.. either recall the model or atleast stop the production of this and correct the problem. Nokia being such a reputed mobile company should really work on this..

I will definitely not refer this model nor the company for any of friends.. Its a pain and dissatisfaction to the core..

• Za
    zaid sharief Feb 18, 2008

Hi, i have a nokia 5310 here and i droped it in the floor and the screen mashed. It comes on and the back light comes on but nothing is on the screen its just plain. If anyone knows whats wrong with it can you please let me know on >>>>>[email protected]<<<< thank you ever so much.

• Aa
    Aashiq Mar 20, 2008

hi rekha,
    no need to try that
    its a mad way to check your mobile..
    may be its a faulty piece
    The mobile expert only cheated You
    not nokia
    Here after never recommend anyone to buy from The expert
    Buy it from the CONNECTING PEOPLe
    They only know the value of the customers
    Ok
    bye

my advice is to try installing the software again because u may downloaded lot of pics or musics via bluetooh
    Now it may be due to a virus
    Note: Never keep your phone with bluetooth on ok
    bye

• Fo
    Fonti Mar 28, 2008

Hi!

My phone restarts byitself then completly turns off also,
    i hear from other users that this happpens because the memory card has stored TOO MANY music files.
    I recently deleted a few songs and its works ...so far so good.
    Also having a big storage (2 gbs plus) has the same effect on the fone.
    I am also very disapointed with nokia, but i absolutely love the phone

ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE PHONE CAN HAVE INTERCHANGABLE FACEPLATES?

Thanks

• Sh
    Sharan Apr 10, 2008

I am using Nokia 5310 Xpress music for last 2 months and found few issues. First being music keys hang. This has happened 2-3 times. Secondly, Music player stops without any reason and this has happened around 2 times.

• Ge
    George Njenga Apr 19, 2008

Hello Same problem here. Maybe even worse.
    I bought my phone on 7th/ 3/08. At first no problem. Then certain keys don't work (volume, phonebook, ...) but this was all solved by restarting the phone.
    What happens now is that the keys are locked and there is no way to unlock them. When I "restart" the phone by removing the battery of course, I am asked to enter my security code then required to verify, then nothing unlocks, since no keys are working I can't unlock . So i take out the battery and put it back in. The phone starts up completly normal but still no keys working :-(

Can anybody help me with this untill there is some new firmware. I do like the phone, light, slim, easy to use (if it works), ...

Charlie May 04, 2008

Hi,
    Im from the philippines. I just bought my nokia 5310 3days ago. right now its in the nokia care center because the display wont work after i turn on the phone. Im very disapointed since its brand new and its from an authorized nokia store so im sure its original. Its my first time i encountered this kind of problem. other problems like music player suddenly stop and the volume keys sometimes hangs pisses me off. Nokia should really be concerned about this.

• Ki
    Kishore May 05, 2008

Tnx buddy. I thought of buying this model. Now I have with drawn. Thanks!

Ram prabhu May 10, 2008

Hi there i'm using N5310 fm nov 23 after one month i started gettin da problems of restart, hangig, etc who is responsible for dis problems plz give idea 2 overcome it anyone...

• Da
    Daniel Cribbin Jun 18, 2008

Hi,

I'm from Ireland and this phone has rapidly become very popular, at first everything was good but then little things started to happen like the volume button would hang the odd time. But then the black outs started, in the middle of a phone call it will just go. I havent approached a Nokia store as of yet but will be doing so very soon. I also read above somebody had a problem with the security code, i tried restoring the factory settings except the security code, 12345, as provided in the handbook is incorrect. Which means i cant restore the settings. Basically all of these problems should not be associated with a new phone. Nokia, get your act together!!

The amount of complaints above better have Nokia worried and if nothing is done about this there will be a lot of unhappy customers.

• Bi
    Biju Andrews Jun 20, 2008

I too face a similar problem with the handset. It does have the problem of restarting every now and then. Also, many a time when I try to talk, the other end won't hear what I say. NOKIA 5310 is a piece of TROUBLE...

• Ju
    julie Jul 02, 2008

had my nokia 5310 expressmusic for 29 days inner screen cracked for no reason.took it back they did not want to know.told me i had done it no way.would not even fix it under warranty.will never buy a nokia mobile again.advise anybody who is thinking about it think again.if you do buy a cover for it or else you will be very dissapointed as a lot of people have had the same problem. julie

jordan Jul 03, 2008

hi all. after deciding that nokia phones cant all be as bad as the n73 which i had previouisly and it practicly fell appart, i decided to buy a 5310. big mistake, it freezes all the time and the screen doesnt make any sense anymore, i thought it was related to my constant use of the mp3 feature so turned it off fora few hours, now that i try and turn it on it wont com on, the screen just flashes black and stays off.

please email me if you know whats going on/how to fix it if it can be done by yourself

thanks

• Ab
    Abdul Malik Jul 08, 2008

Error is that ( Sim Blocked ) How can its remove?

• Kr
    krishna Jul 17, 2008

this is one of the worst mobiel wich i have used so far...I moved contact from phone book to sim ...now it is not showing any contacts and it is giving the problem...i am unable to recollect those numbers and i am unable to view those numbers...

Please let me know if any one of you find solution to this...

• Bi
    Bino Aug 16, 2008

Hi All

im also facing the same issue. but still i feel its a great gadget and even if i feel frustrated at times, this thing is quite gud with its sleek design and candy bar kind of looks.

saurabh Aug 19, 2008

I bought Nokia 5310 1 month back and while i ws listening to music on my phone it suddenly got hanged and its display went blank. Now, the phone is getting started but the screen comes blank.
    I dont understand what is the problem...

Jamal Aug 24, 2008

I hav a similar problem my nokia strats the screen will go white . And it simply restarts itself.
    I brought this phone brand new from a shop and i am taking it back tommorow and i am getting it fixed . If you ask me you should not buy this model but dont let it put you off buying nokias all together.

• Tr
    Travis Sep 21, 2008

Hello everyone ; I bought my Nokia 5310 on 21st november 2007 and it was peforming well for the first few months until all the problems started . Firstly the phone started with shutting down by its own, then the volume up button did not work but the volume down button was working so I just thought that it's just the button's fault nothing much and a few weeks later the volume down button was also spoilt now I can't even control how high I want to set the volume and just yesterday all the buttons on top failed . I seriously regretted getting this model though its not gonna stop me from purchasing phones from Nokia but Nokia should do something fast cause there are MANY people getting problems from the 5310 model . Glad to know i'm not the only one with this kinda problems around .

• Sh
    shailendra Sep 22, 2008

hello friends
    even I am a sufferer of nokia xpressmusic 5310. it gives problem while listening music only and gets repeatedly hanged. once i removed the memory card it started working fine. but wats the use of a cell without a memory card...

• U5
    u5man4 Oct 07, 2008

your complaint is totally correct but did you notice how to fix this except whining about the matter

SOLUTION
    ================================================================
    UPDATE UR PHONES FIRMWARE AKA SOFTWARE
    I THINK THE FIRMWARE HAS GONE UP TO VER 7 OR 5
    TO SEE FIRMWARE VERSION PLZ TYPE DIS IN UR CELL "*#0000#"
    GOOGLE FOR NOKIA FIRMWARE UPDATE

great.more details here.

sadia Nov 03, 2008

I HAVE D SAME PROB DAT MY NOKIA 5310 RESTARTS FREQUENTLY... X-(

Ralph Feb 26, 2009

Your Complaint Is Correct And You Can Solve This Issue By Updating The Firmware To 7.01 Or More.

Rachel Mar 14, 2009

Nokia 5310 is horrible! I have had the phone for about six months. First i began receiving texts up to 48 hours later. It won't let me receive a few phone calls which leads to me constantly receivingmessage bank messages. It kept resetting itself. Slowly the phone became slower and lags a lot... NOW it suddenyl got a black screen! I can still receive calls, make calls etc; but i might as well be blind! The phone has a nice size and weight, other than that it's absolutely ridiculous. It's been more of an inconvenience for me

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices