Nine WestDefect Products

I have been an avid nine west shoe purchaser. One of the pairs of shoes had a clear defect in that the heel cracked in two. I returned the pair to the store and although the sales lady clearly agreed with me and said it is a defect, she would only action a credit if I could produce my original receipt! When I buy shoes, I don't intent on returning them - I intend on wearing them and enjoying them! So why would I keep receipts? ANyway, the point is - it's a nine west brand so for me it's a brand issue. Why do I need ot prove I bought the shoes from nine west when they ARE nine west? Definitely have lost me as a customer.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices