NIITgrievance : full fee paid to niit andheri mumbai centre in dec 2018 but no follow up action to start the education

R Nov 14, 2019

This is a greivance against the NIIT Centre at Old Nagar Das Road in Andheri East Mumbai by Col Rajender K Jeer, Veteran - Indian Army.
Consequent to my super annuation from the Indian Army in Mar 2018, as part of effort to re-skill my self for Post Retirement life, I happened to make enquiry with the NIIT regarding various Software Pgme.

What followed was a swarm of telecalls from the Sales Team at the Old Nagar Das Road Andheri Mumbai NIIT Centre, to solicit my enrolment and close the "sale" with some complimentary soft ware training package / stack thrown in. As a recently retired soldier, I was not really accustomed to such aggressive & persuasive sales pitch.

Of course I was actually looking to do a course, but not in such a hurry and in the Self Serving Scheme and Timings of NIIT Sales Team at its said Andheri Centre.

My contact person and counsellor has been one Ms Clara at the Old Nagar Das Andheri NIIT Centre. Hard pressed by unrelenting calls from Ms Clara and her team, after nearly one month of my initial query, I did visit the Andheri Centre in Nov-Dec 2018 and recieved counselling for the C+ & Java Programming, Full stack. I did inform the Centre of my option to return to the Army by 31Mar19 on Contractual Re-employment, in the rank I retired and that I may or may not be posted to Mumbai or for that matter any such city or location in India where NIIT Centre may exist for me to be able to train with the NIIT. I was then told that the Diwali Promtional Offer for the NIIT Courses was still on and being extended to me by exception (I suppose that was an euphemism) to enrol for full stack JAVA at a cost of ₹75, 000/- only, (Seventy Five Thousands) only). So, I ended up enrolling by paying out of my retirement funds, but subject to the condition that I will start the said course at a time and location of my convenience, which may be at least six months after Dec 2018.

My greivance is that the counsellor who sold the course to me never followed up on email / telecall, to offer or inform or update my status for the commencement of course. On the contrary, when I made a telecall to follow up today 13nov19, and reminded her of failing in her fudiciary role as counsellor by not follwing up my course commencement even after nearly one year now, she was defiant and told me it was left to her team to do so. After listening to her arguements, finally I had to tell her that all I expected to hear was a word of regret and assurance of corrective action and some professional approach, before niit confiscates my fees on some grounds of time limitation etc.

Such conduct of business by NIIT Centre at Andheri Mumbai is annoying and sullies the Brand Name that NIIT claims and is perceived to be. My particulars are :

Name : Col Rajender K Jeer
Course : Full Stack JAVA
Centre : Centre NIIT, Andheri East Mumbai.
Regn No: Pl see all below, Fee Paid Ack by NIIT Centre, Andheri, Mumbai
Contact No: 9820691098

Kindly address my greivance suitably at the earliest, to preclude escalation.

Thanks and good wishes.

Yours sincerely,

Col Rajender K Jeer, Veteran

On Mon, 31 Dec 2018, 11:40 NIIT eInvoice, wrote:
Dear Student,

Warm Greetings from NIIT!!

NIIT is taking many small steps to make our environment GREEN and reducing carbon footprints.

As a part of this initiative, your Invoice towards the payment made to NIIT Education Center, is now being sent to you as a PDF document attachment.

We urge you to participate in GREEN initiatives by reducing the usage of paper whenever possible. Save Paper, Save Trees.

As a Student of NIIT, you can contact your Education Center SSA, Faculty, GL, Centre Head or Centre Accounts Officer for any kind of assistance or write an email to [email protected]

To open this file, you need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, please visit the following link to download it: www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html or http://get.adobe.com/reader

Warm Regards,
NIIT Team.

Disclaimer:
This emailer is intended only for Student of NIIT and does not tantamount to spamming. This emailer and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged info rmation. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the NIIT Education Centre or forward this e-mail to [email protected] and destroy all copies and the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

*This is a computer generated Invoice and hence requires no signature*

*Please do not reply to this e-mail as it is a computer generated e-mail*
Error Icon
Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to [email protected] because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.
The response from the remote server was:
551 5.1.1 user does not exist