Newport Newsyou can't get your money back even when it's their mistake

S

I returned a duplicate order Newport News sent me. I returned it the same day. It has been 3 months and no refund. I spoke to customer service, they are going through a bankruptcy and i will not get my refund. They said they will send me a letter. This is so wrong. They should not be sending orders to people while they're going through a bankruptcy. This should be illegal because you can't get your money back even when it's their mistake.

• Jg
    J Gibel Aug 04, 2011

I am waiting over 40 minutes to place a order They suggust to go on their site but very difficult to impossible to place order or check status of order. I been with this company for over 10 years NO MORE unless things changed Daytona Beach Fl Joyce

• Ri
    Richard in Texas Jan 15, 2011

I did not get calls. I just got credit card charges! )-:

Awhile ago, I did buy some things on-line from Newport News. This telemarketer is related to them.

Solution: Call your credit card company. Dispute all credit card charges. Let them handle it. It worked for me.

• Ek
    EK3 Sep 27, 2010

Newport News did nothing wrong. At the end of an order a banner ad online comes up. It clearly says to the left of where you enter your e-mail to receive a free shipping voucher that it is a trial program and you are giving Newport News permission to transmit your information to Encore for the charge. When will people learn that you have to READ a contract before you enter into it. It says one charge of $1.95 and $14.95 every month after that when you don't cancel. You receive junk mail in your e-mail and at home outlining the plan, but you probably threw it away not knowing whatit was for, because you din't read the contract you entyered into...all you saw were the worsds "FREE SHIPPING anddidn't determine why or what consequences. This is the consumer's fault for not reading, not the catalog for offering.

• Kr
    Kris Apr 13, 2010

Has anyone been successful in getting Newport News to remove improperly reported bad credit ratings to the credit bureaus? I've been trying for nearly a year to get this stuff removed and NN claims it's not their problem.

• Na
    Nargiz Bagirova Mar 10, 2010

I have never authorised any chargges from insider pass. New port start to charge me 14.95 from 30.09.2009. I would liketo get my money back

Scarlett Moon Nov 17, 2009

They may be working with Encore Marketing...this happened to me through Newport News. Here is my registered complaint with phone number information...My suggestion is to phone Blair and ask for a supervisor; upon reaching one you should ask if they are associated with Encore Marketing and follow the advice below. I did not use foul language however the point must be put across that you are MORE than unhappy about this situation. I hope this helps...

A daily check of my bank account revealed a $14.95 debit from 'Insider Pass'. Having no idea who or what that was I did an internet search. The charge had come from a third party associated with Newport News called 'Insider Pass', what I assume is touted as a discount club. I had never signed up for anything although I had placed a credit card order with Newport News in October...this is April. I have clicked on many of their links to view their catalogue...does this justify an unauthorized charge by a third party to my credit card? I think NOT!

After a quick search I found others to whom this has happened. I was outraged!! As I was on hold with Newport News I kept reading complaint after complaint about these companies.

You must call Newport News and very angrily ask for a supervisor. You do not reach a supervisor, you reach 'Robert' who speaks on behalf of management; who speaks over you and tells you that 'Insider Pass' is a third party; who after much angry cajoling agrees that Newport News is associated with Encore Memeber Services - Insider Pass; and then you are given the number for Encore Member Services - [protected]. You must angrily ask them to remove and refund your charges. They then give you a confirmation number...so...all very official however 7 - 10 business days to refund your account so we'll see. I've also opted out of Newport News email list and will NEVER buy from them again!!! Who do they think they are?

Telling me that Encore is a third party...associated with Newport News...Encore Member Services had to get the credit card number from somewhere!!

Unbelievable!!

• Da
    Dar J Daniels Aug 14, 2009

I was unknowingly signed up for Insider Pass through Newport News and was charged a monthly fee without any authorization.

• Jm
    jmg Jun 03, 2009

After paying my bill for $53 in full, Newport News now says my payment was 4 days late and wants $79 worth of late fees. I tried talking to their customer service/collection representative but to no avail. This strikes me as highly unethical, usery, and consumer abuse.

Scarlett Moon Apr 16, 2009

You must call Newport News and very angrily ask for a supervisor. You are given the number for Encore Member Services - [protected]. You must angrily ask for them to remove and refund your charges. They then give you a confirmation number...so...all very official however 7 - 10 business days to refund your account so we'll see. I've also opted out of Newport News email list and will NEVER buy from them again!!! Who do they think they are?

Unbelievable!!

Scarlett Moon Apr 16, 2009

Just happened to me as well. This is BS! How dare they have the gall to charge your credit card if they are unauthorized to so! Am on hold as we speak...

• Kr
    Kris Feb 26, 2009

I've had the same problem. I've called them many times and explained that these are unauthorized charges and they refuse to work with me. I've filed reports with the BBB, FTC, and now here.

I've been unable to get the charge removed from my account and there is no hope of getting it removed from my credit report.

• Al
    Alyssa Feb 05, 2009

The same thing happened to me. Thankfully I caught it after one month. I called the company that charged me and canceled my membership however was not able to speak to anyone about getting a refund. I called Newport-News and they claimed I signed up for this "Insider Pass" through an email that I clicked on about deals. I was UNAWARE that I would be charged anything. I filed complaints with BBB for Newport News and the company that charged me. I got nowhere with Newport News' customer service. What a shady company!

Jackie Nov 13, 2008

YES, I have been trying to figure out what is it that has been charging my account!!! How can they do that?
    Were you able to get your money back?

• La
    Laurie Nov 07, 2008

It was a telemarketer that you probably said NO to.

They did this to me - I found about it when it was billed.
    When I called Newport News they lied and said they did not know how they got my account info - and told me to call the program.
    The program people told me it was NEWPORT NEWS OWN TELEMARKETING STAFF!

Once I got the program cancelled - they tried to say it was too late as I was only given 14 days to cancel, and was now 30. But realized I never authorized the charges.

I called Newport News back and closed my account - I told them I refuse to any further business with them as crammed unauthorized charges to my account and LIED TO ME about it.

• La
    Laurie Nov 03, 2008

BLAME THEIR TELEMARKETING SERVICE - they already have your account number and will sign you up even when you say NO.

I closed my Newport News account years ago because I was signed up for some service. When I called Newport News - they told me - they had no idea how I was signed up and to call the service provider It was the service provider who told me it was Newport News own telemarketing staff. I immediately called Newport News and cancelled my account because they lied to me.

• Ki
    kim zsitek Nov 01, 2008

They are taking 12.95 out of my debot card monthly for insider pass I did not order this

cheryl a jackson Oct 13, 2008

charged me 14.95 for nothing! Insider pass whatever that is.. I have only ordered clothes from them and did not know I was getting scammed into something I don't want.

• Da
    Dana Ramseur Oct 12, 2008

They have been charging my account since June of 2008 $14.95 for an unknown reason, through research I learned many people have been a victim of this and I have asked them repeatedly to refund the money before I seek legal assault.