Newport News — deceptive marketing practices
My wife made an online purchase of clothing from Newport News about 2 years ago. On checkout, she was asked if she wanted “free shipping” with the order, and if so, to enter her email address. She did so. She was apparently enrolled in a "30 day free trial" to catalogs, discounts and coupons. At the end of the 30 day "free trial period" she was automatically enrolled in a $12.95/month "membership". That was 2 years ago. I finally noticed the recurring charge on my credit card statement today, via something called “Encore Marketing.” I canceled today by telephone with Encore Marketing (on behalf of Newport News). That "free shipping" and "free trial" ended up costing us over $310. This is deceptive marketing.
More Newport News Complaints & Reviews
- Spiegel / Newport News - hidden charges!
- Newport News - billed multiple times for ordered clothing
- Newport News - hidden charge of "free shipping"!
- Spiegel / Newport News - spiegel is a dishonest company. shame on you!
- Newport News - horrible customer service and return process
- Newport News - can't get refund for returned merchandise
- Spiegel - return/credit
- Spiegel / Newport News - refunds
- Newport News - refund
- Spiegel/Newport News - on line purchase return held