Newegg.com / Upsdelivery errors

B

So, this is a brief complaint that should be taken more as a warning than anything else. Beware ordering anything from NewEgg.com when it is to be shipped to you via UPS. The short of the long is this:

I ordered an entire PC from NewEgg. Case, motherboard, everything. The shipment would be delivered to me in three boxes, two on a Wednesday and the last on Thursday. Well, I work those days. So I spend time at work checking the tracking information and I notice that the status is changed to delivered around 3:30 in the afternoon. So I call the house, expecting to hear that we have two packages. To my surprise, we had only one. The case, being the largest of the items ordered and weighting around 40 lbs had its own tracking number. It was missing! After several hours of research and calling both UPS and NewEgg about the issue, we discovered that for some reason the driver decided to leave one box by the door and one box, the missing case, with my neighbor. He even signed for it! I don't know my neighbor. It's 2009, who does? We're not living in Mayberry anymore.

The problem? The case was delivered to one address, while the other box was correctly delivered to my house. I got the run around from both NewEgg and UPS about who I should talk to. Two hours on the phone, back and forth. If you haven't already and you're in a similar situation, let me tell you how to fix it. Call UPS. Tell them you never want packages left at your address without your signature. Don't bother with NewEgg, they won't help you. Best they can do is contact UPS with a lost/stolen claim and you'll be left to wonder who, if anyone, is handling the situation.

My advice? Don't order from NewEgg and never have anything shipped via UPS. I've ordered from NewEgg several times and always seem to have some sort of shipping problem. I live in Memphis. FedEx lives here too. I'll be looking for a company that knows how to get things shipped properly in the future. You should do the same.

RESOLVED

• Newegg International's response · May 29, 2009

Hello BKidd,

My name is Aaron Aragonez, I'm a supervisor at Newegg.com. I came across your complaint on Complaints Board and I felt compelled to contact you immediately.

I truly apologize for the trouble you experienced with the delivery of your most recent order. If you can contact me at your earliest convenience, I can assist you in resolving this issue completely. I would also like to retrieve more details about the conversation you had with Customer Service when you notified us about your problem.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Aaron Aragonez