Newegg International Logo

Newegg International

Having problems with Newegg International?

Newegg International reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 10, 2006. The latest review Wrong Product was posted on Oct 25, 2021. The latest complaint Wrong Product was resolved on Oct 25, 2021. Newegg International has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 150 reviews. Newegg International has resolved 120 complaints.

Newegg International Customer Service Contacts

9997 Rose Hills Road
Whittier, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Newegg International Customer Service. Initial Newegg International complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Newegg International above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Newegg International. Discuss the issues you have had with Newegg International and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Newegg International Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

Newegg.comunethical return process

I will never buy at newegg and will tell everyone not to either! They are so unethical in the return process. Can you believe that they change your items to refurbished ones in the return process? Unbelievable!
I bought two iphones on newegg for my parents but later they changed their minds so I need to return the phones. When I got the phones, I contacted the customer service and return the phones at the same day I got it. However, they returned back the phones and said the items are wrong. When I get the phones again, I found that they have changed them to refurbished iphones. How could they do that?!
I contacted the customer service, no response, then I contacted with their manager, who promised me to investigate and contact within two days. However, I never received her email and never got respond with my email! Worst customer service ever!!!

• Newegg International's response · Dec 16, 2014

Hello Echo216,

We're sorry to hear about the difficulties you are having with your return and would like to investigate this further for you. At the same time, we agree that it is unacceptable that our team never got back to you. Would you mind contacting us at [email protected] and include your RMA number so that we may further assist you? Thank you for your patience and we look forward to hearing from you. ~ William

Newegg.com — rma return fraud

Newegg.com defrauded me on this RMA return for a ASRock 990FX Extreme9 AM3+ motherboard. it was defective...

NewEgg — rebates

Newegg is running a scam with the rebates. They had a $40 rebate on HiSense Tablet, submitted the rebate...

Newegg.comunethical

I will not do business with this company again!!! I ordered a large TV from this company along with a wall mount bracket for the TV and a warranty on the TV. It took them 2-3 weeks to send me the TV. When it arrived it was broken. It took them 3-4 weeks to accept the TV back. They had previously agreed to replace it, but after the long processing time there were none of that product left. Despite this, they refused to accept the TV bracket back. It is preposterous to expect me to keep a product (a large TV wall mount bracket) that was purchased along with a much more expensive product of yours (a large TV) and solely for use with that more expensive product based on the fact that your company took 2-3 weeks to ship me defective equipment that I then had to wait 3-4 weeks for your company to process the exchange, especially given the fact that I requested an exchange, not a refund, with the original RMA and which was approved at that time. If Newegg didn't have the product at that time they should have approved a refund, not an exchange, and I could have returned this other product at that time. If they had another TV and sold it after approving the exchange I do not believe my good faith reliance on your company's promises should be held against me. I pointed out that although it may be an exception to NewEgg's policy to accept this return, I think this is the appropriate time to make an exception. They refused. They are considering whether or not they will refund the price of the warranty...I will let you know how that turns out.

RESOLVED

Took care of the problem properly once I posted this on ComplaintsBoard. Refunded money for the mount since they could not sell me the TV any longer.

• Newegg International's response · Aug 18, 2014

Hello BL71,

We're terribly sorry for your experience with this return and would like to look into this further for you. Please know that it was not our intention to cause such difficulty for you. Would you mind sending us an email to [email protected], provide your sales order number or RMA number and reference this post on Complaints Board. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

NewEggabsurd customer service

Newegg has blocked my account of many faithful years for reasons they can not/will not share with me. Newegg Customer Service could not even tell me definitively if they could unblock it for 2 days. The final answer was that the company that blocked it (Newegg) cannot unblock it and that I should create a new account if I want to purchase items.

As a Vice-President of Customer Service for a technology company, I have to say that this is unprofessional, extremely suspicious, and just plain nonsensical. I would seriously reconsider any staff member who took this position with one of our customers.

Making matters worse, the many web posts I have read suggest that this not at all unusual, and that I will most likely be unsuccessful in creating a new account due to duplication of items such as my e-mail address (perhaps I am expected to change that too).

Newegg has ostensibly forced me to find a new supplier.

• Newegg International's response · Jul 09, 2014

Hello Technot789,
          We're sorry to hear about your account. We'd like the opportunity to review your account information and assist you in any way we can. Would you please email us your account information to [email protected] and reference this board? We will be happy to look into this for you.We look forward to hearing from you.

Neweggflash.comthey didn't deliver orders

I bought two signs from www.neweggflash.com and the total price was about $30, but the seller offered discount. After that I paid and got confirmation info. But I didn’t get any info about delivery. After several days I contacted the seller, and he told me that the order was sent and I needed to be patient. I still haven’t received my signs and the seller suddenly stopped to communicate with me. Maybe someone has any idea how to track this seller and return money back, please contact me then or leave a comment. Thanks.

Newegg.com — charged me for "free" game that was overpriced

Newegg said the game was free with my video card order. The video card was defective and I had to send it...

NewEggrma shipping

A week or so ago I made my own negative comment on another person's Newegg complaint - now that my issue has been resolved by Newegg to my satisfaction I wish to be fair to Newegg and add the whole story.
          This is my original complaint to Newegg - I sent it twice on their webpage customer service area:
          “I am extremely disappointed by your
          level of customer service with my first purchase here - I paid $4.99
          shipping for my refurbished laptop to arrive. Since it had problems I
          was forced to return it but at the cost of $17.61 for the
          RMA. So I have paid a total of $22.60 in order to troubleshoot a laptop
          for your company. I am now scheduled to receive a refund for the cost
          of the laptop of $900+ because Newegg either could not repair it or
          replace it. This entire adventure has cost me
          almost 3 weeks of time and I am out an additional $22.60. I request a
          full refund for my shipping as well - this is not an acceptable level of
          customer service for a purchase with your company. If this request is
          not met I will be writing further reviews to
          appropriate channels. I would appreciate your help and consideration
          concerning this issue.Thank you.
          Here is their response:
          I apologize for the
          trouble this matter has caused you. We always provide a pre-paid
          shipping label to return defective items and a full refund is given for
          all items returned due to damage, defect or not working. Our website
          does not allow to create pre-paid labels, customers need to call us so we can
          provide them. I have already requested the refund for the shipping
          label to be issued. I also requested the $4.99 to be refunded since it
          was a return for a defective item. Please allow 3-5 business days to process. Should you ever need assistance placing
          an order or returning an item in the future, please feel free to contact
          one of our customer service agents at [protected] and they will be
          happy to assist you.
          Customer feedback is very important to Newegg as it
          can pinpoint areas within our services where improvement is needed.
          Your feedback has been forwarded to Customer Service and upper
          management for review. Please be assured this matter
          will receive the attention it deserves. As our valued customer, our
          main goal is to have your complete and total satisfaction.

We thank you for taking the time to contact us so that we were able to address your concerns.

Thank you and have an EGGcellent day!

My purchase amount and all shipping costs have been fully refunded as of yesterday.

Respond

NewEgg — delayed shipping and terrible customer service

I had elected for 2-day shipping for a computer and peripherals which I needed ASAP for a new employee. My...

Newegg Asus Motherboardnew item came opened and damaged

Bought a new asus sabertooth z87 motherboard from newegg. When this item arrived I found that the item had been opened and accessories opened as well. I called newegg to report this and was asked it I wanted to rma right then. I said let me see if it works but if it doesn't I do not want any problem returning this since it is opened and possible used. I was under time constraint and if it worked I would have been happy to keep it. Well, it didn't boot up and tried to use asus support to figure out what was wrong with it. Asus asked that the ram be exchanged since it wouldn't even go past ram check. Exchanged new ram with new ram and again it would not go past ram check and power up. Decided it wasn't worth exporing a dead board any further and called newegg for return. They said that since I had had it just past 30 days like exchange was only way. Not happy but agreed to this and explained many times that this board was received opened and in disarray. I even reminded them that I called when I received it and asked it be documented to this fact. I was disconnected from chat twice, gi ven a phone number that was already closed to go to for RMA, and generally not a enjoyable or satisfying ordeal.. I decided that I would just RMA the board and wait for another. I took the board apart and noticed that some of the upper Cpu pins looked slightly bent. Now I tried to put the cpu cover back on and it wouldn't fit so just left it off tryig to protect the cpu slot I have built many computers so I am not new to this . AS i chatted back that I noticed that the CPU pins looked bent that's when it got ugly. I was refused RMA at that point. It was deemed I damaged to board. I explained this was supposed to have been a new board and it wasn't. the package was obviously opened and gone thru. I explained that it could have come bent from the get go but they assume it was me. Well I assume it was a used board and that it never worked never booted and was bent when it came. I never even got the cpu to boot check past ram. So Newegg support is saying I damaged the board. I am saying you frauded me by sending me damaged used opened board. from the start and are not willing to back up their mistake. My mistake is being honest and trying to work with them.

• Newegg International's response · Sep 10, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with your order.

We would be glad to look further into this issue for you. Please send us an email at [email protected] and we will do everything we can to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Respond

NewEggrebate refused, and then newegg stopped responding

I purchased two tubes of Arctic MX4 thermal paste from NewEgg while they were running a rebate for the full price. I carefully filled out the rebate form and photo copied everything I mailed in. Three months later I received a denial stating something was missing and I would have to resubmit. I called the 800 number listed a couple of times and got a recording asking you to leave your contact information. I did that and received no response. At that point I messaged NewEgg CS and received a reply to please forward the required documents to them and they would pass them on. That weekend I did as requested but received no reply. Three months later I still had not received a rebate or denial, and after e-mailing NewEgg CS two more times I have received NO replies from them.
              I might add I have always been happy with NewEgg and their service up to this point, and have spent a fair amount of money on their product, but will be seeking other suppliers for my future purchases due to this poor service incident.

1 Response
                • Newegg_Support Aug 19, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Newegg Support

NewEgg — newegg denies ram return

I ordered a Dell Ultra Sharp Monitor, U3014 from Newegg.com, and I picked up the next day at its Will Call...

Newegg Motherboardrefusing my rma / refund

I recently bought some computer parts from Newegg. One of which was an asus motherboard, I have experience with installing and building computers and when I tried to get this motherboard to work, nothing would make it happy. After about 20 hours of troublshooting time invested into the mobo, I requested an RMA For it and sent it back to Newegg. I Just received an email stating that the board was damaged, and They were refusing refund. Now they are mailing the board back to me and I am extremely irritated. Do not buy from this company.

• Newegg International's response · May 17, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,

We would be glad to look further into this issue for you. Please send us an email to [email protected] and we will do everything we can to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Newegg.com

1 Response
                    Noel Diaz Feb 24, 2014

Agree with the poor service from Newegg. It is mind boggling how a company will not stand by a product they sell and rather have a disgruntled customer tell the whole world about their bad experience. That is why companies like Walmart are amazing. Good word travels slowly but bad experiences travel like wildfire. I myself received a defective motherboard which had a few of the
                    pins not aligned correctly. Newegg gives out an RMA takes a month to
                    send back the mother board, Refuses to rectify the situation and states
                    that their technicians found "evidence of thermal paste (not, liars)
                    and that it was damaged do to improper installation(not, more lies).
                    Good thing they are not in charge of a persons life when facing jail term.Thet state that I need to go through the manufacturer instead of them. Being that most production companies have quality control where some laser does quality check and since the laser is not perfect, they have humans also checking after the laser. We all know that humans are far from being perfect so in turn not only do defects get overlooked by the laser but also by the human. So it is a he said she said scenario and the retailer (newegg) always has the last word. Just like the issues that they had In March 2010, where Newegg sold 300 counterfeit Intel Core i7-920 CPUs. Which was complained about on the website HardOCP,
                    Due to Newegg denying them to be fake since they (Newegg) is always
                    right and the consumer is wrong. Seems like the great customer srevice that Newegg use to have has been going downhill since 2009.

Newegg.comdeceptive returns policy

On the newegg.com page you purchase your item from on the Details tab scroll way down it says "Standard Return Policy" or another type of return policy there are 20 different types of return policies. Click the type of return policy for your specific item they don't tell you anywhere that you pay the shipping back to them even for items they sent you that are defective or broken. They tell you all these other things that make it sound like a good deal like "Return for refund within: 30 days" etc. but they don't tell you that you're going to get stuck paying shipping back to them even if they sent you a bad item.

I don't like this newegg policy they are deceptive about it and have it buried on their web site the information is very hard to find you have to look around a lot, on their FAQ Search Results put in "shipping " and scroll more than half down, it says "Does Newegg pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise?No, Newegg does not pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise. We are not responsible for product defects, because we do not manufacture the products we carry. However, if you pay to send the item back to Newegg, we will replace the item and ship the replacement to you at no charge. Newegg will employ every resource it has to ensure that your item is replaced promptly, without hassle."

This is a bad deal for items like computer parts & electronics since if you buy a lot of this kind of thing there are several times you could get a defective product. Best to shop around and use places like Amazon, B&H photo, etc. they cover the shipping back for bad products.

3 Responses
                    • Je
                      JeanieQ Feb 25, 2014

This is exactly what happened to me. I purchased a laptop that was refurbished. When I received it my son was getting it all set up for me - he does this for a living - but the laptop would not start up again once he set it to restart. we were already finding little things that were not working but tried to make it work in spite of these. I received it on a Monday and returned it the very next day. I was not happy with the return policy which required me to prepay $17 for the RMA label. They received my RMA and refunded only my original laptop purchase amount but none of the shipping costs. I wrote to them on their website right away and have heard nothing from them concerning this issue. I will not buy from them again. Their customer service is lacking in the returns area. I basically did the troubleshooting for their laptop and paid the shipping for it both ways for my efforts.

• Ki
                      Kimberlee A Jul 18, 2013

I agree that there return policy sucks. I purchased 2 hard drives that were defective and I am having to fight to get my money refunded back to me. I even purchased and paid for the replacement hard drives before they received the defective ones back. I was told more than once that when the hard drives were returned my credit card would be refunded for the full amount. That never happened. I have spent many wasted hours trying to get this resolved. We shall see what happens tomorrow. I told them that if they balance of my credit did not appear on my credit card I was going to dispute both charges (the original charge and the replacement charges) with my credit card company.

• Tw
                      twime May 12, 2013

What did you buy so I can look at the specific return policy?

NewEggrma refuse serial number mismatch

I bought a surround sound system from newegg the system did not work the sound would switch from the front speaker to the back speaker? I callled got an RMA sent the product back they said its not the unit we sold you thats weird because that us what came in the box?? It is the unit they sold me there seems to be more the one serial on the unit one on the back from the manufacture and another on the bottom. The bottom serial matches the serial on the box oddly enough new egg is saying its an entirely different serial number then the two Ive. What do they just randomly throw serial numbers on these things I would think the manufactures serial would be what you'd use the serial number they reference does not match that at all?? Regardless of all this it is the surround sound system they sold me. Its next to impossible to get anyone to pay attention I've sent pictures and just get the same canned response this is a Newegg error I would prefer to have this resolved through Newegg but given the responses to the problem I believe its highly doubtful anyone from Newegg will truly take the time to check into these irregularities and resolve my problem BUYER BEWARE do not trust NEWEGG..

Respond

Newegg.com — do not buy anything as a gift from newegg

Do Not buy anything as a GIFT from newegg. Their customer service does not care about you or your situation...

NewEggselling defective products

I bought a 2008 “refurbished” Macbook from Newegg.com. It arrived with a dead battery. I complained and they replaced it with another computer with a dead battery. They will not replace the battery and continue to advertiser and sell this product to who ever will buy it. On their website there are numerous complaints of this issue, but they choose not to resolve it and instead only offer a RMA or replacement which arrives defective.

Respond

Newegg.comthe worst customer service on the planet

I used to be a good Newegg customer but stopped doing business with them about a year ago due to my experiences with their customer service. I saw a Laptop that was on sale for Cyber Monday and thought I would give them a chance again. What a mistake. I ordered a laptop and laptop bag and put it on my "Preferred" Newegg credit card so I could get 12 months same as cash. It went through just fine and said I would receive it within 3 days. I checked lat the next day and saw that my order was denied. I called and tried to get hold of customer service. I was hung up on two times with a very nice message telling me to call back later. I then went online to their customer service chat line. After waiting about 15 minutes I get a customer service rep who tells me the problem is that my billing and shipping addresses are different. I just moved, so I thought no big deal. After giving her the correct billing address she comes back and tells me there is still a problem. I asked "What is the problem?" She said she didn't know and I would have to contact the "Preferred" credit card vendor. I called them and they said there was no problem but asked me a bunch of verification questions. They then told me that they would authorize the credit to Newegg but I would have to contact them back to resubmit the order. After going on the Chat line and waiting another half hour they tell me they can resubmit the order but it would take 3-5 business days to process the order. I said "What?" Why so long" They couldn't tell me.
                        I cancelled the order and will purchase elsewhere. Newegg.com could care less about your business. They apparently have all the business they need in the world and don't need mine or yours. I will never shop with them again. If you think ordering from them is bad, just wait until you have a problem - then the fun will really begin. Consumers beware!

Respond

NewEggthey sent the wrong product and returning it was next to impossible

I ordered the 2013 Norton Internet Security from NewEgg. When it arrived the box said it was the 2012 version - NOT 2013. This was useless to me as I already own the 2012 version and it's about to expire. I noticed that NewEgg stuck a fake label on the bottom of the box claiming it was a 2013 version. But the box clearly stated on the front that it was 2012. Perhaps NewEgg thought it could dupe customers into thinking they were buying the 2013 version when, in fact, they were selling them the 2012 version - which is just wrong.
                          Contacting NewEgg's customer service to return this outdated software was next to impossible: The live "chat" was never available (always said it was "full" no matter when I tried to use it), sending emails got no response, and waiting by phone took close to 45 minutes before a rep finally answered. When I finally reached a rep by phone, she issued me the RMA to return the item, but getting the shipping label (so that I could send back the item for free) was another issue: It's taken mutliple emails and phone calls for me to get a response: At first I was told it had been sent, but it wasn't. Then later, I was told it would take a couple of days to generate the postage label. I'm still waiting for it now.

Clearly, NewEgg is not the company it once was. I used to buy a lot of items from them a few years ago, but now it appears to be a totally different company - one that sends fraudulent items and makes it as difficult as possible for customers to return anything - even when it's NewEgg's error.

Buyer beware. I won't ever buy anything from NewEgg again.

Respond

Newegg.combig scam site, don't give them you're credit card information

They are a scam. I had my credit card charged for an order I never placed. They were rude and said I made the order. That was a lie. I asked them where it was shipped and they couldn't tell me. They were so rude to both my boyfriend and i. I can see that i'm not the only one that this happened to.

Big scam site, don't give them you're credit card information.