Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] new item came opened and damaged

Bought a new asus sabertooth z87 motherboard from newegg. When this item arrived I found that the item had been opened and accessories opened as well. I called newegg to report this and was asked it I wanted to rma right then. I said let me see if it works but if it doesn't I do not want any problem returning this since it is opened and possible used. I was under time constraint and if it worked I would have been happy to keep it. Well, it didn't boot up and tried to use asus support to figure out what was wrong with it. Asus asked that the ram be exchanged since it wouldn't even go past ram check. Exchanged new ram with new ram and again it would not go past ram check and power up. Decided it wasn't worth exporing a dead board any further and called newegg for return. They said that since I had had it just past 30 days like exchange was only way. Not happy but agreed to this and explained many times that this board was received opened and in disarray. I even reminded them that I called when I received it and asked it be documented to this fact. I was disconnected from chat twice, gi ven a phone number that was already closed to go to for RMA, and generally not a enjoyable or satisfying ordeal.. I decided that I would just RMA the board and wait for another. I took the board apart and noticed that some of the upper Cpu pins looked slightly bent. Now I tried to put the cpu cover back on and it wouldn't fit so just left it off tryig to protect the cpu slot I have built many computers so I am not new to this . AS i chatted back that I noticed that the CPU pins looked bent that's when it got ugly. I was refused RMA at that point. It was deemed I damaged to board. I explained this was supposed to have been a new board and it wasn't. the package was obviously opened and gone thru. I explained that it could have come bent from the get go but they assume it was me. Well I assume it was a used board and that it never worked never booted and was bent when it came. I never even got the cpu to boot check past ram. So Newegg support is saying I damaged the board. I am saying you frauded me by sending me damaged used opened board. from the start and are not willing to back up their mistake. My mistake is being honest and trying to work with them.

• Newegg International's response · Sep 10, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with your order.

We would be glad to look further into this issue for you. Please send us an email at [email protected] and we will do everything we can to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] rebate refused, and then newegg stopped responding

I purchased two tubes of Arctic MX4 thermal paste from NewEgg while they were running a rebate for the full price. I carefully filled out the rebate form and photo copied everything I mailed in. Three months later I received a denial stating something was missing and I would have to resubmit. I called the 800 number listed a couple of times and got a recording asking you to leave your contact information. I did that and received no response. At that point I messaged NewEgg CS and received a reply to please forward the required documents to them and they would pass them on. That weekend I did as requested but received no reply. Three months later I still had not received a rebate or denial, and after e-mailing NewEgg CS two more times I have received NO replies from them.
I might add I have always been happy with NewEgg and their service up to this point, and have spent a fair amount of money on their product, but will be seeking other suppliers for my future purchases due to this poor service incident.

• Newegg_Support Aug 19, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Newegg Support

[Resolved] newegg denies ram return

I ordered a Dell Ultra Sharp Monitor, U3014 from Newegg.com, and I picked up the next day at its Will Call...

[Resolved] refusing my rma / refund

I recently bought some computer parts from Newegg. One of which was an asus motherboard, I have experience with installing and building computers and when I tried to get this motherboard to work, nothing would make it happy. After about 20 hours of troublshooting time invested into the mobo, I requested an RMA For it and sent it back to Newegg. I Just received an email stating that the board was damaged, and They were refusing refund. Now they are mailing the board back to me and I am extremely irritated. Do not buy from this company.

• Newegg International's response · May 17, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,

We would be glad to look further into this issue for you. Please send us an email to [email protected] and we will do everything we can to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Newegg.com

Noel Diaz Feb 24, 2014

Agree with the poor service from Newegg. It is mind boggling how a company will not stand by a product they sell and rather have a disgruntled customer tell the whole world about their bad experience. That is why companies like Walmart are amazing. Good word travels slowly but bad experiences travel like wildfire. I myself received a defective motherboard which had a few of the
    pins not aligned correctly. Newegg gives out an RMA takes a month to
    send back the mother board, Refuses to rectify the situation and states
    that their technicians found "evidence of thermal paste (not, liars)
    and that it was damaged do to improper installation(not, more lies).
    Good thing they are not in charge of a persons life when facing jail term.Thet state that I need to go through the manufacturer instead of them. Being that most production companies have quality control where some laser does quality check and since the laser is not perfect, they have humans also checking after the laser. We all know that humans are far from being perfect so in turn not only do defects get overlooked by the laser but also by the human. So it is a he said she said scenario and the retailer (newegg) always has the last word. Just like the issues that they had In March 2010, where Newegg sold 300 counterfeit Intel Core i7-920 CPUs. Which was complained about on the website HardOCP,
    Due to Newegg denying them to be fake since they (Newegg) is always
    right and the consumer is wrong. Seems like the great customer srevice that Newegg use to have has been going downhill since 2009.

deceptive returns policy

On the newegg.com page you purchase your item from on the Details tab scroll way down it says "Standard Return Policy" or another type of return policy there are 20 different types of return policies. Click the type of return policy for your specific item they don't tell you anywhere that you pay the shipping back to them even for items they sent you that are defective or broken. They tell you all these other things that make it sound like a good deal like "Return for refund within: 30 days" etc. but they don't tell you that you're going to get stuck paying shipping back to them even if they sent you a bad item.

I don't like this newegg policy they are deceptive about it and have it buried on their web site the information is very hard to find you have to look around a lot, on their FAQ Search Results put in "shipping " and scroll more than half down, it says "Does Newegg pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise?No, Newegg does not pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise. We are not responsible for product defects, because we do not manufacture the products we carry. However, if you pay to send the item back to Newegg, we will replace the item and ship the replacement to you at no charge. Newegg will employ every resource it has to ensure that your item is replaced promptly, without hassle."

This is a bad deal for items like computer parts & electronics since if you buy a lot of this kind of thing there are several times you could get a defective product. Best to shop around and use places like Amazon, B&H photo, etc. they cover the shipping back for bad products.

• Tw
    twime May 12, 2013

What did you buy so I can look at the specific return policy?

• Ki
    Kimberlee A Jul 18, 2013

I agree that there return policy sucks. I purchased 2 hard drives that were defective and I am having to fight to get my money refunded back to me. I even purchased and paid for the replacement hard drives before they received the defective ones back. I was told more than once that when the hard drives were returned my credit card would be refunded for the full amount. That never happened. I have spent many wasted hours trying to get this resolved. We shall see what happens tomorrow. I told them that if they balance of my credit did not appear on my credit card I was going to dispute both charges (the original charge and the replacement charges) with my credit card company.

• Je
    JeanieQ Feb 25, 2014

This is exactly what happened to me. I purchased a laptop that was refurbished. When I received it my son was getting it all set up for me - he does this for a living - but the laptop would not start up again once he set it to restart. we were already finding little things that were not working but tried to make it work in spite of these. I received it on a Monday and returned it the very next day. I was not happy with the return policy which required me to prepay $17 for the RMA label. They received my RMA and refunded only my original laptop purchase amount but none of the shipping costs. I wrote to them on their website right away and have heard nothing from them concerning this issue. I will not buy from them again. Their customer service is lacking in the returns area. I basically did the troubleshooting for their laptop and paid the shipping for it both ways for my efforts.

rma refuse serial number mismatch

I bought a surround sound system from newegg the system did not work the sound would switch from the front speaker to the back speaker? I callled got an RMA sent the product back they said its not the unit we sold you thats weird because that us what came in the box?? It is the unit they sold me there seems to be more the one serial on the unit one on the back from the manufacture and another on the bottom. The bottom serial matches the serial on the box oddly enough new egg is saying its an entirely different serial number then the two Ive. What do they just randomly throw serial numbers on these things I would think the manufactures serial would be what you'd use the serial number they reference does not match that at all?? Regardless of all this it is the surround sound system they sold me. Its next to impossible to get anyone to pay attention I've sent pictures and just get the same canned response this is a Newegg error I would prefer to have this resolved through Newegg but given the responses to the problem I believe its highly doubtful anyone from Newegg will truly take the time to check into these irregularities and resolve my problem BUYER BEWARE do not trust NEWEGG..

[Resolved] do not buy anything as a gift from newegg

Do Not buy anything as a GIFT from newegg. Their customer service does not care about you or your situation...

selling defective products

I bought a 2008 “refurbished” Macbook from Newegg.com. It arrived with a dead battery. I complained and they replaced it with another computer with a dead battery. They will not replace the battery and continue to advertiser and sell this product to who ever will buy it. On their website there are numerous complaints of this issue, but they choose not to resolve it and instead only offer a RMA or replacement which arrives defective.

the worst customer service on the planet

I used to be a good Newegg customer but stopped doing business with them about a year ago due to my experiences with their customer service. I saw a Laptop that was on sale for Cyber Monday and thought I would give them a chance again. What a mistake. I ordered a laptop and laptop bag and put it on my "Preferred" Newegg credit card so I could get 12 months same as cash. It went through just fine and said I would receive it within 3 days. I checked lat the next day and saw that my order was denied. I called and tried to get hold of customer service. I was hung up on two times with a very nice message telling me to call back later. I then went online to their customer service chat line. After waiting about 15 minutes I get a customer service rep who tells me the problem is that my billing and shipping addresses are different. I just moved, so I thought no big deal. After giving her the correct billing address she comes back and tells me there is still a problem. I asked "What is the problem?" She said she didn't know and I would have to contact the "Preferred" credit card vendor. I called them and they said there was no problem but asked me a bunch of verification questions. They then told me that they would authorize the credit to Newegg but I would have to contact them back to resubmit the order. After going on the Chat line and waiting another half hour they tell me they can resubmit the order but it would take 3-5 business days to process the order. I said "What?" Why so long" They couldn't tell me.
I cancelled the order and will purchase elsewhere. Newegg.com could care less about your business. They apparently have all the business they need in the world and don't need mine or yours. I will never shop with them again. If you think ordering from them is bad, just wait until you have a problem - then the fun will really begin. Consumers beware!

they sent the wrong product and returning it was next to impossible

I ordered the 2013 Norton Internet Security from NewEgg. When it arrived the box said it was the 2012 version - NOT 2013. This was useless to me as I already own the 2012 version and it's about to expire. I noticed that NewEgg stuck a fake label on the bottom of the box claiming it was a 2013 version. But the box clearly stated on the front that it was 2012. Perhaps NewEgg thought it could dupe customers into thinking they were buying the 2013 version when, in fact, they were selling them the 2012 version - which is just wrong.
Contacting NewEgg's customer service to return this outdated software was next to impossible: The live "chat" was never available (always said it was "full" no matter when I tried to use it), sending emails got no response, and waiting by phone took close to 45 minutes before a rep finally answered. When I finally reached a rep by phone, she issued me the RMA to return the item, but getting the shipping label (so that I could send back the item for free) was another issue: It's taken mutliple emails and phone calls for me to get a response: At first I was told it had been sent, but it wasn't. Then later, I was told it would take a couple of days to generate the postage label. I'm still waiting for it now.

Clearly, NewEgg is not the company it once was. I used to buy a lot of items from them a few years ago, but now it appears to be a totally different company - one that sends fraudulent items and makes it as difficult as possible for customers to return anything - even when it's NewEgg's error.

Buyer beware. I won't ever buy anything from NewEgg again.

big scam site, don't give them you're credit card information

They are a scam. I had my credit card charged for an order I never placed. They were rude and said I made the order. That was a lie. I asked them where it was shipped and they couldn't tell me. They were so rude to both my boyfriend and i. I can see that i'm not the only one that this happened to.

Big scam site, don't give them you're credit card information.

[Resolved] very poor customer/technical support

Ordered a Gateway DX4870-UR11P from Newegg.com. I wish I read the reviews about this vendor before buying from them because I will never buy anything from them again. I got my order in two days, however, there was a problem. The pc could not detect the wireless signal. The pc was returned for replacement which I waited for 8 days. The second time, the same problem exists. Waiting time to get a live customer support ranged from 20-42 minutes. Only got to talk to the tech support once when the first problem occurred. Never got hold of a tech guy the second time. Frustrated, called Verizon tech support. They recommended to get an adapter to boost signal. Bought one from Radio Shack for $25. It worked wonderfully! I was saved from returning the pc again to Newegg - only had a choice to return for either a store credit or replacement - Newegg's policy of no return for computers sucks but it explains why because after a poor customer service, no one will definitely want to buy from them again. I will not attempt to buy anything from Newegg, because if there is a problem, you're stuck. Help is a long way if you're lucky to find one. I just hope this computer will last long.

• Newegg International's response · Jun 09, 2016

Hello Disappointed with Newegg,

Thank you for taking the time to post this and we are sorry to hear about this negative return experience. Based on your review, it appears that the adapter suggested by Verizon has helped resolve your wireless signal issue. If it has not, please send an email to [email protected] with your order number and reference this post so we can see what we can do to help.

-Rella (Newegg_Support)

• Newegg International's response · Jun 09, 2016

Hello ewahyde,

We appreciate that you've provided feedback on your recent experience with us and we are sorry to hear about this. Normally we are not able to provide replacement accessories as we are not the manufacturer and do not have the spare parts in our warehouse. All things considered, we'd like to look into this further to see what we can do to help you get the missing accessories and to update our site if needed. Please feel free to send an email to [email protected] with your order number if you'd like us to look into this further.

-Rella (Newegg_Support)

• Ew
    ewahyde Jun 03, 2016

Terrible customer service. I ordered 2 things from them. 1) a CPU heat sink, and 2) a Blu ray drive. The heat sink was missing a small pin in the hold down assembly. Their response was for me to send the entire thing back instead of sending me the part. They said they cant help it if something is missing parts. The blu ray drive that many people in their feedback section stated "comes with software", did not come with software. other web sites also stated that it came with software. Their response was I should have read the description more carefully and maybe the 5+ people who said it came with the software put it under the wrong product. And before newegg gives their stock response of "we apologize, contact us", I contacted you on both occasions and was told to bug off.

[Resolved] false advertising and lousy customer service

Newegg is the only retailer of Microsoft Xbox products that registers the products upon receipt, not when they are sold. This short changes consumers of the full 1-year manufacturer warranty that is inferred prior to purchase. If the product sits in stock for awhile prior to selling, the consumer may receive little to no warranty from the manufacturer at all. I purchased a new Xbox and Kinect bundle and am receiving 60% of the manufacturer warranty. XBox hardware is notorious for failur between months 10 and 12, and I have no coverage for that period of time. It took three separate inquiries on my part over a two week span just to receive a r esponse from Newegg on this issue. The response was "sorry, that is the way it is". Customer service is unresponsive and poor. Invest your money elsewhere and save the hassle.

• Newegg International's response · Aug 16, 2012

Dear Milesfromu,

We apologize for any misunderstanding regarding your purchase and warranty information. Our records indicate a Newegg representative has reached out to you and confirmed that the item is under warranty from the date of your purchase. If you have any further questions regarding this incident please respond to our email or contact us directly at [email protected] Thank you for your time.

-Newegg Support

lost package apo address

Warning to soldiers and civilians with apo address
If you are a soldier or civilian working overseas for uncle sam and lucky enough to see this before placing an order please consider yourself lucky (I wasnt) and review the following comments and suggestions:

Newegg only offers usps priority mail w/delivery confirmation. That really means tracking may or may not happen (C*p shoot).

They will not offer any other service (Which you would think would be in the best interest of both parties), no insurance (Newegg has some sort of contract agreement I think regarding insurance), no registered mail, no express mail option.

Most apo addressed locations allow for all of the above but you cannot take advantage of any additional services that may better protect your package.

Also warning newegg does not follow the law regarding the customs form requirements. This could cause your package to get hung up in customs maybe even returned to sender.

If your package is lost/stolen, you will be left hanging for at least 6 weeks before you can submit a claim, then you have another 10 days at least to wait before you can get refunded or ask to reship.

Do not ask to reship. I repeat do not ask to reship. Why? Because if they reship then they base your warranty period on the original invoice. So basically though you never got the items the first go your warranty is already out of date!!!

If you do decide to place an order do not order all on same invoice. I would suggest breaking the order down into max 1, 000.00 really 500 would be better.

(I screwed up and had a 3800.00 dollar order, somebody hit the jackpot and since it had no customs form the only one who knew what was in the box was an employee located at the tenn warehouse, hmmmm, I bet that somebody pulled the jackpot prize from the pallet before it got shrink wrapped and the manifest applied to it, and didnt report that it was removed. That is why it probably showed shipped from usps as the postal worker only scanned the manifest and not each package shrink wrapped on the pallet).

I think the odds of all packages being lost slim. You will only be out 1, 000 or 500 bucks till getting a refund which takes forever to complete.

If you ordered and item and it does not show up in 2 weeks, start filing complaints with the usps inspector general, military postal service etc. None of this will do you any good but hopefully if this is a re-occuring problem maybe with enough compliants they may discover where and who is the cause of the missing packages...

James Farrell Milby Dec 25, 2016

Agreed. They are ripping Military and DoD civilians off and blaming the military (MPS). I ordered a laptop on Nov 25th, was charged over $37 for shipping (USPS for this would be around $12) plus a "rush processing" fee. It is Christmas and it didn't show up. USPS tracking number provided says the Post Office hasn't even received it yet. I ship packages from the USA regularly with other vendors within 2 weeks and they always have appropriate tracking, even car tires that weigh over 100 lbs. with no issue.

double billed

Add me to the list of NewEgg complainers. I bought a laptop for my husband for Father's day and spend almost $500. NewEgg processed it through to my account twice, over 6 minutes apart. No, I did not hit send twice, or I would have 2 laptops now. I have been dealing with their "customer service" deparment who keeps reiterating that I need to be patient and they're sorry, but it can take 2-3 or more days to resolve the issue. Meanwhile, the money sits in the pending area of my checking account waiting for someone from their accounting department to "take a look at it". I'm sure if it was their money, the process would be a LOT quicker.

[Resolved] one more newegg refuses return stating serial number does not match their record

Warning:

Do not order anything from newegg.

I ordered lenovo thinkpad 43n3423 500gb 7200 rpm 16mb cache 2.5"sata 3.0gb/s internal notebook hard drive.

Few days later, I received a toshiba internal notebook hard drive with a receipt (Printed the lenovo product that I ordered).

I thought toshiba might manufacture some accessories for lenovo.

I returned the toshiba product with the reason"the size does not apply to my notebook."

A week later, newegg informed me as below:

Your rma (Rma number: [protected]) return was received and sent to our inspections department for closer examination.

Unfortunately, the item (S) you requsted for rma was not what we received.
This rma was issued fpr item [protected] nbhd 500g lenovo
Serial number 1s43n3423pbwmm86.
We received simalar item but with
Serial number 32f4p0xhtqk4, newegg has not history of this item belonging to newegg. This item will not be accepted and will be returned.

For further assistance, we recommend contacting the manufacturer directly to see if they can offer repair or replacement of the item (S) under manufacturer warranty. Please use the following link to find the contact info for any manufacturer whose items we carry: contact manufacturer.

We greatly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank you for your patience and understanding. The item (S) are currently being shipped back to you and should arrive in approximately 5 - 10 business days.

I never have toshiba products in my apartment.

I have not ordered any accessories for my notebook for more than one year.

I packed this toshiba something into its original package right after I unpacked it, and returned it to newegg.

So, if I really follow newegg's instruction, would toshiba accept this wrong item and send me a lenovo?

I did not take pictures of the packed-with-newegg-receipt item.
Well, they can still deny it.

Since the proof of mistake is held in newegg, they can conduct whatever process they want.

Do not buy from newegg or you would probably get non-newegg something and lose your money.

I will not accept this toshiba something that they ship back to me until they tell me where it came from.

There are more negative reviews online. I sincerely hope mr. Fred chang not to dishonor our mother country.

After several communications, newegg still replies that non-newegg toshiba something, not my refund, is coming to me.

• Newegg International's response · May 31, 2012

Dear oitension,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. A Newegg representative is currently assisting you and will work with you directly. We appreciate your patience. Have a great day.

oitension May 31, 2012

Then Newegg has sent me different e-mails:
    The first one is, Newegg is going to let me return the item.
    And then, Newegg is going to refund me.
    The latest one is, Newegg has verified that Toshiba something belongs me Newegg. However, Newegg will try to send me a replacement (Lenovo) first. If there is no stock, Newegg would refund me. So, Newegg still neglects my choice from my very first return request: refund.
    So, what is Newegg going to do? Anyone? Anyone?
    I am not sure how serious Newegg's disease is.
    I just want my e-mail box simple and clean.

oitension Jun 01, 2012

I already did it. Thank you, though. I am waiting for my money back.

markpontius Aug 15, 2012

I have ordered from them for years and recently i recieved a cpu that looked like it had been through ww3 and two bad motherboards one to replace the first bad one was bad too lol and they refuse to replace them or refund my money they state it was user damage hmm thats funny i took video of the unboxing according to them i somehow damaged the products befor i ever opened or recieved them? they were trashed out of the box guess i am just that good

oitension Aug 15, 2012

Recently I checked the consumer forums in China. The Chinese people are going through the same problems as people in the U.S.A. I read lots of complains about Newegg in China. Although China still desires Taiwan, I, as a Taiwan person, feel sorry for Chinese people.

market place

Really bad customer service. I purchased an item from their market place (Third party seller) incorrect item was sent. I called newegg and they said just refuse the packages and once the shipper get the item back I will be issued a refund. Well I did that and 10 days after shipper received the item back still no refund. So I called newegg back and they said just file a paypal dispute then to receive refund. I did and promptly got a refund. But now month later I find out they have suspended my account because of the dispute and will not release my account until I revers the dispute. You can't revers a dispute once closed. So newegg will never let me buy from them again.

newegg needs to take a look at their return policy

I spent close to $2, 000 with your company to build a system for a client... Never worked...many error...

[Resolved] if you get cheated in newegg marketplace, newegg won't help

Newegg-proper is still OK, but ... Major problems with the Newegg Marketplace. If you get cheated in Newegg...

rebate not accepted

I purchased 2 Corsair 2x8gb mac memory ram kits while it was on sale with rebate. After I purchased the ram and submitted the rebates, Corsair rejected one of the rebates and said to contact Newegg about the problem. After contacting Newegg several times, they told me that they cannot do anything about it and that it was my fault. I currently have both kits of ram and am stuck paying the regular price on one of the kits. I am outraged by the lack of assistance Newegg offered me with the rebate and the severe lack of respect they have shown me throughout this problem. I do not advise people to purchase from new egg especially if there purchase includes rebates.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices