New York State Electric & Gas [NYSEG] — phone service is ridiculously horrendously bad!!!
You first start out with an automated phone system, which is just them getting marketing information and statistic on you. All the information you input, you have to do it all over again when you get a person. No data sharing here.
You can be logged into your account online, and still have to give them all the following or they will refuse to talk to you.
2) service address in full (nothing missing here or they refuse to continue)
3) account number (this is optional for some reason, and seems to be mean nothing to them!)
4) Phone number (s), (again they want you to give them the phone number they have on file, plus the phone you are calling from) All of which seems to be data mining for collections if you ever have problem with them. I have never have, btw.
5) Social Security number in full, and if you refuse they ask for the last 4 of it instead. So, there is some low educated twit, that is rude, and unskilled; that has full access to everyone's full social security numbers online that has an account with them!
6) Email address
If you fail or refuse to give any of the above item they demand, they will end the call, get rude, or just refuse to continue the call. Even if your presently logged into your account online! Extremely touchy feely people with massive attitudes.
More New York State Electric & Gas [NYSEG] Complaints & Reviews
- NYSEG - bad service
- NYSEG - incompetence & overbilling
- NYSEG - overcharged
- NYSEG - poor consumer care
- NYSEG - overcharged/illegal shutoff
- NYSEG - frequent power outages
- New York State Electric & Gas [NYSEG] - frequent power outages
- NYSEG - poor customer service, continued brown outs, refusal to do any preventive maintenance
- NYSEG - electric
- NYSEG - bills are misleading, online is inaccurate. representatives are dishonest.