Menu
NeuroRestorative
reviews & complaints

NeuroRestorative
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

5 complaints
0 resolved 5 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of NeuroRestorative. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
T
5:58 pm EDT

NeuroRestorative - Failure of treatment and care

My daughter was admitted on 6 Jan 2022 for intense behavioral therapy after a horrible car crash. She sustained a brain injury and the facility in Austin, TX was recommended by the Shepard Center in Atlanta. After seeing her sit in her room and cry everyday, very little therapy, and waiting almost 2 weeks for the Physician to finally see her we decided to pull her out of this place and bring her home. Non of the "Therapist" actually worked at the this facility, my guess is they worked at one of the other 5 facilities and only visited the facility in Austin when needed. I was suspicious when they had to take my daughter to another facility for a physical therapy evaluation, this was my first clue that something wasn't right. The only way to talk to any of them was via telephone, because they weren't at the Austin facility, this was my second clue. I noticed staff members with "Therapist" and "Nurse" on their badges only to find out they were not accredited "Therapist" and "Nurses" only assistants, this was my third clue that there was an issue here and my daughter was not getting the care we were promised. While I was visiting my daughter one of the male patients tried to gain access to her bedroom, it took 3 staff members and with me standing in her doorway, to get the male patient to turn around and return to his room. After this incident we insisted on putting a camera in her room, much to the staffs disagreement, but luckily the TX State law allows it. The male patient was moved to another unit so he wouldn't be a threat to my daughters safety. I know these things because either my wife or I were there everyday for the 2 hours of visitation that was allowed. Be aware of the fact that they mix male and female patients in the same units with and only have 1 staff member to watch them at night. The bottom line is that this is nothing but an assisted living center for people with brain injuries and when its convenient to the Therapist and their Assistants schedule a little therapy might take place. I would not recommend this place unless you are looking for an assisted living center.

1 comment
M
Jul 17, 2022 1:06 pm EDT

Verbatim at the blacksburg VA site for I was a TBI victim that endured there bullsh*t and let me tell you they were looking to do some pretty shady stuff to me. Sorry about your daughter. I've been out 4 years now and looking to gain what they pulled me away from. I know I have a lawsuit. God bless hope things get better.

A
5:36 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I can not find the man who claims he is a medical director. Mattew B. This place needs to be investigated as soon as possible. The activities Lady, Ila Yeager, always has a strong smell of alcohol coming from her. My son has been put on more drugs then he has in his whole life. His health is tremendously decreased and the bruises increase. I have realized...

View 0 more photos
S
4:43 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NeuroRestorative - horrible rehab - med errors, no individual treatment plan or case manager ...

I arrived 30 March and flew a family member down with me to help me with admission paperwork etc. I had to badger them to GET the admission paperwork and this did not happen until after day NINE of my stay - a 42 page document I was incapable of reading/comprehending myself - this is why I'd flown someone down there with me!

Daily medication errors- giving me wrong meds at wrong time of day, giving me substances NOT prescribed for me. They withheld my anti-inflammatory for the first 2 weeks causing an increase in pain; failed to adhere to dietary restrictions (mechanical soft diet was necessary due to neck surgery) and my pain was increased because it took over 2 weeks for them to stop giving me food I had to chew! I was moved into a room that did not have a handicap accessible shower and they did not fix this for almost 2 weeks. I had no functional case manager - he never met with me, never got an individual treatment plan as described in the admission documents. I left treatment early because it was causing more harm than it was helping and NOW I'm having trouble getting them to engage in discussion with me re refunding part of my payment because I DID NOT receive the services I was supposed to and do not feel I should have to pay full price for such an abysmal stay. I was told - "you had a chance to talk to the state director but you declined" I was in severe pain (due in part to the poor quality care I received) at the time of the meeting and had my private case manager attend that meeting in my stead. They will only give me a phone # for the state director but they know I need to do this in writing due to an auditory processing disorder. Yet the only response I get is "you had a chance to talk to him"

I'm a former Board member for the Brain Injury Assoc of NC - this was an abysmal substandard, experience and I will be reporting this to CARF -

Desired outcome: partial refund

3 comments
A
Jun 15, 2021 5:41 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

If you would like to join me and some of the other parents/ family members, feel free to contact me. We can make a bigger impact and be more effective if we team up.

Cell: [protected] (Preferably text so I know who it is.)
Email: [email protected]

T
Nov 17, 2021 12:14 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I will probably be contacting you soon for the substandard care my husband has been receiving at the Fannin location in Houston, TX.
I am pleased to know that y'all exist and are available if/when I need your assistance. Thank you so much! Tina D., email address: [email protected]

D
Mar 17, 2022 8:59 am EDT

Email me please [email protected]

S
11:03 am EST

NeuroRestorative - Home group mistreatment

Hello:
My sister Rulla Badro has been living in a Neurorestorative group home located on 39 South Laurel Drive, in Somers Point NJ 08244.
It is well documented by several neurologists that Rulla does not have a feeling sensation in her palms and that prevents her from feeding herself, bathing herself or wearing her shoes. She doesn't feel a sandwich when placed in her hand. She does not feel a bar of soap given to her to bath herself. Worse yet, she cannot see the bar of soap if it fell out of her hand because she became blind after her brain injury.
Now since Rulla had complained about being yelled at several times at the group home by a supervisor, a campaign of retribution or reprisal has begun.
Now, no one is feeding her, no one is bathing her, no one is helping her wearing her shoes.
Of Course, everyone knows that is how you push someone out the door.

G
3:17 pm EST

NeuroRestorative - retaliation

Supervisor Marisa Gonzales, has retaliated against 3 staff that they acclaimed that did follow her directives in training. She has advised all employees not to contact 911, but to contact the on-call staff to give them details of incident and they will follow up to let you know if it is an emergency situation, to contact 911. On date of September 09, 2017, there was a situation that 3 staff contacted on-call to be able to contact 911. The patient was not taken to the emergency room that night. The day shift CNA, ended up taking the patient without getting consent. She has quit the job because of the misconduct, 2 have been fired and one is still holding on to the job until Marisa Gonzales, supervisor fires them. This company has done many things of misconduct. Marisa Gonzales blamed the 3 CNA's for the patient in the hospital and being on life support. Her program coordinator Latoya made accusations the patient was fasking. And she was not taken to the E.R. when asked. The night shift lied, and stated that on call contacted them back. when she told us she did not contact them back. There is a lot that was not right at this job

Update by GoodCNA
Dec 18, 2017 3:23 pm EST

She wrote us up for CC: Human Resources because you can't trust her with your emails. She is quick to say she didn't get something. So we emailed a copy to Human Resources to cover our tracks. We were all wrote up for sending copies of our notes to fellow CNA's this was done so they would all know of what is going on at the site. Some of the CNA's don't read the books, they just start there day. But, they all read their emails. We have been written up with the most denes reason. There is so much misconduct being done. She harasses her team, to where everyone that has quit is due to this supervisor. Nobody likes her, everyone has bad comments, sighs about Marisa Gonzales

NeuroRestorative contacts