Neiman Marcuscredit card problems

T

I decided to be a good consumer and instead of getting paper statements for my Neiman Marcus credit card to go with e-statements. I track my credit through a credit bureau tracking service, and I received a notice saying that there was a change to my credit record. When I checked into this, I found out that Neiman Marcus had put a negative inquiry into my credit record. I called up the bank charge company that handles Neiman Marcus' charge card and they said that they had sent me my statements for both Dec and Jan and that since I hadn't paid they sent me to the credit company. For the record, I never received an electronic statement, nor did I receive a paper letter or a phone call telling me my payment was late or due! And now I have a complaint into the credit card compnay and a complaint into the credit bureaus.

• De
    Debra Ann Jun 01, 2009

For the pious responder who thinks this person is a ###, be careful when passing out judgments so freely. I am a good consumer with a credit rating that is envious, I pay all my bills in full every month. I have recently had a similar experience with Neiman's. I did not receive a notice that my bill was available to view and I had not made any charges on my Neiman's account - I prefer to use AMEX because their billing system is much better. I received a letter saying my account was past due; I immediately checked my account and learned that my daughter was allowed to make charges on my account without my knowledge and without my card. I paid the bill in full immediately and Neiman's flagged my credit rating anyway. I called Neiman's to discuss this and was told that they would contact the credit agencies and remove the negative flag since it was their fault. I was to receive confirmation of this correction in writing, instead I received a letter saying that they would not make the correction with the credit services and took no responsibility. This is not good business and they do have a responsibility to their creditors and they should take responsibility for their mistakes. Every situation should be considered based on the circumstances and the credit history of the individual.

• Cd
    cdbj_hawaii May 15, 2009

Just because you didn't receive a e-statement or a paper statement doesn't mean that you don't have to pay the bill. They aren't baby sitters...you made the charges...as a "good consumer" you should be cognizant of your bills. Are you trying to tell us you went a whole TWO billing periods without once thinking oh I should pay my Neiman Marcus bill...nah...they didn't send me a bill or an e-statement so they must not want their money. Your ridiculous and I'm sorry but you deserve the negative rating on your credit report for being such a ###.