Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & General Contracting Logo

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & General Contracting

Having problems with Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & General Contracting?

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & General Contracting Customer Service Contacts

Thu6:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri6:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sat6:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & General Contracting Customer Service. Initial Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & General Contracting complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & General Contracting above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & General Contracting. Discuss the issues you have had with Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & General Contracting and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & General Contractinggutter repair

Called ned stevens to fix a 30 foot gutter run, they told me they would be out in the next 2 days. After a week I called to see when they would be at out home to fix the gutter, the person on the phone told me they didn't say they would be here in the next 2 days... Basically calling me a liar. They said we were scheduled to come out today... The day I called... But it was already 2pm. Of course they didn't show up again!! I called the next day and they said we were in line to get the job worked on... But I said when??? They said very soon... Lol. Today I called my local handyman company and they are coming out tomorrow. I called ned stevens to cancel our appt. They were very adamant they would be out tomorrow with a 20% discount... Lol. Needless to say I passed on this as they had already wasted our of our time. Not trustworthy and they lie to you... Be careful with this company!!

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & General Contracting — gutter install

The customer service team has lied to me everyday about when my gutters would be installed. When I call they...

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & General Contractingemployee health and safety

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning has received serious citations from OSHA for employee health and safety violations. The company consistently fails to provide protection against falls. Hundreds of people die or are seriously hurt every year from falls from ladders and roofs. The company also fails to provide proper personal protective equipment and training on chemical hazards.

Ned Stevens Gutter CleaningBadgering

Ned Stevens cleaned my gutters last summer. It was the first time I used them, and their work was at best adequate, and overpriced. But, what infuriated me was the claim at the end of the work that my gutters really needed to be replaced. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my gutters, and I declined their offer. Since then I have received emails and multiple phone calls "following up" on the problem they found, urging me to hire them to replace the gutters. I just got off the phone with the most recent offer, and I assured them that I still didn't need gutters, and if I did I definitely wouldn't contract the work with them.

Bottom line...if you let these guys onto your property, be prepared for a hard sales pitch for work that doesn't need to be done. Ned Stevens will never do work for me again!

• Gu
          GutterOwner Jun 12, 2018

Yes. They did that to me. I wish I had read your review. I caught the worker red handed when he tried to loosen the screws with a power screw driver, so that the gutter pipe would appear to sag and used that as an excuse to replace

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning — Gutter replacement

This company was hired to replaced my outdated gutters that were functioning at about 85% efficiency. When...

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning — Performed work without permission

Company put me on a automatic cleaning schedule and they just came to clean gutter without a confirmation in...

Ned Stevens Gutter — service and billing

they keep comingin out and charging you even after you ask them to stop. if you send email asking to stop...

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning — Incomplete job

Contracted Ned to clean my gutters on 4000sqft home. When they finished they left all the debris on my back...

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning New Jersey — Constant telemarketing calling

We've had Ned Stevens come and do our gutters for 5-6 years. On the positive side, they have done an...

Ned StevensWrong Size Gutter Installed

Installed the wrong size gutter. insisted there was only one size gutter, even after they removed the old damaged gutters that were the right size. It was clear they did not carry the size gutter we needed and they should have been honest and told us they could not do the job. They returned our complaint call to tell us, sorry and they would give us a discount on future services. Now have gutters that are too small on the house and they look ridiculous. I will have to redo the gutters and pay twice.

RESOLVED

• Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning Apr 30, 2012

Dear Dissatisfied Customer-1,

Ned Stevens is committed to delivering the best possible customer experience and we’re sorry to hear that you had an issue with the size of your gutters.  We’d greatly appreciate the opportunity to resolve this matter to your satisfaction.  Please email us at [email protected]  We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Jenna
            Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning

• Ho
            Homeowner2 Apr 04, 2012

Hired them to clean gutters on first and second story in Fall 2011. They cleaned the first floor and shot all the debris down the leaders and into the tubes that are in the ground to carry water away from the house. When I inspected their performance, I saw that the tubes were jam packed with debris. I am unable to check the second story. I called them back to clean out the debris. I was unable to be here for when they came back, but they said that they cleaned the gutters again, but they didn't clean out the debris. Now I have to hire someone to dig out the debris in the tubes. Also, on the receipt which is computer generated, stated that I need new gutters, (for $1300) and that the angles were wrong. This receipt was generated at their office prior to them seeing my house! They are apparently scam artists looking to rip people off. Finally, after telling them I do not need their services ever again, they keep calling and hanging up the phone when I answer.

Ned Stevens Gutter CleaningNot a company to be trusted

I was on a fixed schedule for work to be completed, after the last visit I noticed that certain gutters ( the ones located higher on my home ) had not been cleaned, when my next scheduled cleaning was done, I stayed home to see exactly the level of work done, the crew arrived, one stayed in the truck ( it was a cold day ) one took a ladder & cleaned only the lower gutters, left a bag of leaves on the curb smaller than a tall kitchen garbage bag, & left, total time beginning to end twelve minutes, When I called to complain they told me the crew two guys, one sat in the warm truck, had been there & done the sevice, when I told them what went down & that I had the bag of debis to prove my case they told me the crew came, the JOB was completed & I was responsible for a bill in access of $130.00, they are RIP OFF ARTISTS, not a company to be trusted, my advice use a local company that does the actual work & stands behind it.

• Ne
              NedStevensCSR Sep 27, 2011

I have a very difficult time believing your review. I get the feeling you are perhaps a competitor looking to give us a bad reputation. We do guarantee EVERY job we perform, 100%. If you would contact us at [email protected] I would be happy to review your actual account, your history, and have a QC Manager at your home to meet with you. We take our job extremely seriously, and any crew who performed work like you described would be immediately terminated. Every employee goes through rigorous training and each is hand selected for this job -- the rest go to work for our competition. Again, if you truly are a customer, let us know and we will figure the entire thing out ASAP.

Ned Stevens Gutter CleaningIncomplete gutter cleaning

Like so many other people have complained, Ned Stevens does not clean the top gutters. After the latest cleaning that happened in March (well after the leaf falling season), I noticed that the top gutter was full and overflowing and the bottom gutter was clean. I called to get service and the Ned Stevens person claimed that the clog was caused by new debris. Interesing how clogging debris supposedly collected only in the top gutter, while the lower gutter is clean.
            I insisted on a service call, but they were not willing to do it. They said the gutters will be cleaned on their next visit.
            I told them that if they do not send someone immediately to redo the job, I would cancel my prepaid service with them. The Ned Stevens person raised her voice and said "I will not be talked to that way". I ended my conversation and proceeded immediately to cancel the service with the help of my credit card company. Ned Stevens tried to call again, but I don't want to deal with poor workmanship and unprofessional people.

• Ne
                NedStevensCSR Jun 07, 2011

I handled this account personally and this is 100% untrue, as such I am sorry for my tone below, but this review is very disturbing.

First of all, the young lady on the phone NEVER ONCE raised her voice. All calls are recorded and we have the proof. She was honest and fair, and eventually had to defend herself from an extremely “aggressive” person (which is the nicest way to describe this customer). NOBODY has the right to speak to a customer service representative in the manner he did, and she was, correctly, defending herself by saying she doesn’t deserve to be spoken to in that manner. I am proud of her for not just letting someone speak to her in the manner he was speaking. If you want to know the facts, CONTACT ME AT [email protected], AND I WOULD BE HAPPY TO SEND YOU THE ACTUAL RECORDING OF THE CALL. YOU CAN HEAR THE PROOF FOR YOURSELF.

As for the cleaning, we clean, flush and inspect all gutters and leaders. This customer lives in an area with woods all around his home. His gutters were last cleaned on March 25.

He says in his review that he noticed the problem in March, however he never contacted us to report the problem until June 2?? Why did he not call us in March, April or May when it rained if he had this problem all that time?? The reason is simple: the gutters were not clogged until after the Spring debris fell in mid-late May, and the customer needed a cleaning (like everyone else). Why were the top gutters dirty? Because they are the top gutters – they collect the debris that lands on the roof and gets washed into the gutters.

Nevertheless, in spite of his “aggressiveness”, I personally offered 3 options 1) move up his June cleaning to ASAP, 2) come back and clean as an extra cleaning for free, 3) have a QC Manager out to inspect and take pictures. With me, he refused all 3. I outright asked “what can I do to make you happy?” His response was that he wanted his plan cancelled, and has now chosen to go to the internet to complain.

Interestingly, we had been cleaning this customer’s gutters for years, and he has never levied a complaint once. Why this time? Because the debris fell early -- something he refuses to understand.

So everyone who reads this review knows what we are seeing every day, I have attached pictures of debris found in gutters in May. The house in this picture was cleaned in March also, and claimed that the gutters were overflowing in the rain in May. After seeing these pictures, the customer learned about what had recently fallen, and thanked us for our quick response.

We are A+ rated by the BBB. If we make a mistake, we admit it. We work very hard to make people happy because we love what we do and we have a passion for gutters. We are here to earn your respect, so contact us any time to discuss any questions or comments you may have.

Comments
                Comments

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaningunnecesary service calls

ned stevens employes telephone sales people. once you use them they will constantly call to persuade you that u need additional service. smooth talking sales people get u to agree for service calls.they record all their conversations and use it against u. beware this amoey driven operation and its tour money they want.
              john d bergen co

NSGC Jan 20, 2011

While I am sorry that any customer is ever upset, this is absolutely not true. We had 2 separate and distinct conversations with this customer where he clearly authorized service. All we did was EXACTLY what he asked us to do. ALL COMPANIES record calls for Quality Assurance. It is instant replay. We know exactly what was discussed with the customer -- which protects BOTH the business AND the customer. The facts are the facts. If anyone would like to hear the 2 calls, please call and ask for the office manager, and I will send you the calls to hear. You can be the judge. As for the telephone staff, all we do is offer services that are necessary for proper maintenance. Every customer decides if they want our offered services. If they don't want them, we don't provide them. If they do want them, we do provide them. It's really that simple. When offered the call for his review, this customer declined to hear it. Why? Again, anyone who would like to hear it can simply call us at 800.542.0267 and ask for the manager, and we will let you be the judge.

Ned Stevens Gutter CleaningTelemarketing

Don't give them your number. They won't stop calling you to get more business even though they are not good. They will claim to clean your gutters for cheap, then try to up sell you for new gutters. If you call another local verified good gutter company, you will find that Ned Stevens did a horrible job on your gutters.
                They will keep calling you claiming they are returning a missed call based on caller id.

NSGC Jan 20, 2011

I am sorry you are upset. We have tried using every 'gutter caulk' on the market. If we could caulk every leaky gutter, we would do it. The problem is that it does not work, and we end up coming back time and time again to re-seal. It's like putting tape on a dusty table-- it will never hold. We only fix things the right way, and when it comes to leaking miters, unfortunately that means they have to be replaced. I assure you that we would make much more money in sealing everyone's leaky miters with a quick fix. But if I can't guarantee it, I don't do it. As for service plans, yes we offer them to all customers as a matter of routine, as it is what is best for them to avoid gutter problems. However, not every person wants one. I am sorry if you think we are being too assertive in doing so. We take this stuff pretty seriously and we feel it is our job to teach people what we have learned over the course of 47 years of only cleaning gutters. Again, I am very sorry for upsetting you!

• Ph
                    philosifur Jan 06, 2011

I am afraid this is no bogus complaint, at least as it pertains to trying to sell customers additional work. Ned Stevens telemarketing is aggressive in my opinion. While I have no complaints about the actual cleaning work performed, Ned doesn't like that fact that I am not on a service plan. And at each cleaning request, I have to get the service plan pitch when I call to schedule, and then they call me up after to make the same pitch despite me repeatedly telling them I'll call when I determine the gutters need a cleaning. Also, because my gutters drip at the corners, each time they clean, I get a call that my gutters need to be replaced. Never-mind that these gutters are relatively new, and there is such a thing as "gutter caulk", Ned keeps telling me the only sure-fire way to stop the leaks is to pay approx $2, 000 to have the relatively new gutters replaced, and then Ned will gladly guarantee the gutters against future leaks. Gutter caulk, Ned says, doesn't last. Well, that's true enough, but gutters don't last forever either, and it's sure a hec of a lot cheaper to goop up the corners than it is to drop 2 large to stop some dripping. So Ned, since you read these complaints, you can read my typing: I am growing very weary of running the sale pitch gauntlet when I call for service, and I seriously thinking 2010 was your last year servicing my house.

NSGC Dec 29, 2010

This is a bogus complaint from a competitor. We have been in business since 1965, we are A+ rated by the BBB, and nominated for the Honor Roll on Angie's List. We report gutter problems that we find and we call every customer whose call we missed. We take gutters seriously so that you don't have to. I challenge this "person" (who has only ever registered one complaint, in OUR name) to call me.

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning — non performance of work

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning — Did work without my permission and ruined gutter guards

I called to have gutters cleaned once. It didn't look like they did much, but I wasn't home when...

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning — contractor fail to appear in a timely manner and claim to have work which they have not done.

Enclosed is an excerpt of a recent letter to Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning: I made an appointment wit NS to...

Ned Stevens Gutter CleaningService

Terrible Company! They were very nice over the phone, but I had to call them FOUR times after they didnt show for an appointment to get them to show up! And when they came, they only cleaned gutters on 3 sides of my house and left food trash all over the lawn. Then they billed me for more than the price I had agreed upon. Beware!

NSGC Jun 07, 2011

We do not and would never hire a "day worker." Our staff is THOROUGHLY trained and we have full time QC Managers whose job it is to inspect jobs that are done to make sure the crew did a great job. We can certainly put you on our "do not call" list, and we won't call again. However, if we did appear, there was a reason. We only perform work which was authorized. While there is a chance you forgot that you pre-scheduled your next service (as most customers do for convenience), there is no chance we would ever forget-- it is our job to remember! We are A+ rated by the BBB for a reason -- we work very hard to make all our customers happy. Please call us today if you wish to be taken off our call list, as the anonymous nature of your complaint makes it impossible to locate your account. Lastly, remember that the review on top that started this whole chain of comments, was a FAKE POST from a competitor.

• Je
                      Jersey Girl2 Apr 15, 2011

This company is hoaky in its business dealings and continue to call with bothersome unwelcomed calls. They contiue to call you even after you tell them to lose your number.They cleaned my gutters and then sent a cleaning crew without permission on later date. Terrible customer service and rude personnel. They try to intimidate into paying a bill you did not order. Their field personnel did not speak english and wore no uniforms. Look like they hire day workers and not trained personnel.

NSGC Dec 29, 2010

I received this today (copy and paste verbatim): "Ned---We received excellent service today--- very professional, thorough, and friendly. We are very satisfied with your work!!!" I received this earlier (copy and paste) "Your level of customer service is EXCELLENT! Thank you!" And recently received this (copy and paste verbatim): "Thank you for your commitment to great service - that's why I never hesitate to renew my contract! The leaves are all down now, so when your team is in this vicinity, I would really appreciate it if they could give the gutters a final clear out." I received this one a few weeks ago (copy and paste verbatimredacted to remove employee name and cust address): "Today I signed up for service to my gutters at 2 locations (the operator)was very nice, courteous, informative and professional. He is a VERY good representative for your company." And, I received this recently (copy and paste verbatim) " your company is excellent, especially for a seemingly impersonal industry where you never talk to or even see the service tech, but its always good, clean, & efficient. Gentleman on phone is always pleasant and gets the job done. Thanks so much. As long as that continues, I have no reason to go elsewhere. Happy Holidays!"
                      We work very hard 7 days a week to make our customers HAPPY. Our QC department works hard to make every job great. We have earned our ratings. Don't let some phony customers stop you from hiring the hardest working, highest rated gutter company.

• Sh
                      shorty443 Jun 11, 2010

they keep saying they have a great rating with the BBB it does not look like it from all of this I am reading. I was going to call them but after reading this I think I will call someone else

NSGC Oct 13, 2009

This is a non-verified complaint. It is a competitor. Why don't you focus on doing a great job for people, and maybe you won't have to waste your time making up phony complaints!!

• Je
                      JerseyGal2009 May 20, 2009

Definitely from Garden State. The guy put in a comment into a post bashing Garden State saying that they were great and now he is bashing a gutter cleaning company. Definitely fishy!!!