Basement Technologies Inc Logo

Basement Technologies Inc

Having problems with Basement Technologies Inc?

40 Hudson Rd, Canton, MA
Canton, Massachusetts
United States - 2021

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Basement Technologies Inc.

Complaints & Reviews

Basement TechnologiesHarassing Phone calls and high prices

Basement technologies came to my house to give me a quote 2 years ago. They were way to expensive (double the cost of drycrete in Waltham, MA http://drycretewp.com/ [protected] ) Drycrete has the same guarantee with high quality work, the owner was great, on time and very professional. Ever since I have been getting repeated calls on my cell phone from Basement Technologies. I have spoken to managers of the call center, mangers in IT and always get the same run around we have 2 systems and they don't talk, we get external leads, its not our fault its the computer, etc. Yes but its my unlisted cell phone and they have my address... Well this time I asked to speak with the owner so they transferred me to the executive office and his admin said no. Then I asked for a letter from him stating that it I would not be called again and she said no! she would email that my number was removed. Yea that's what they said last time and the time before that!!! When I asked that this issue be addressed with the owner the admin said no all she could do was to send me an email from her. If they can address this professionally I would not hire them.
James Pratt Owner
Basement Technologies 35 North St canton, ma or 40 Hudson Road Canton, MA
[protected] (don't give them your number they will harass you for years)

Basement Technologiesa total scam

Basement Technologies is a scam! They came twice to my father's house -- the second time on the pretext that the first assessor had been fired and so they were sending his supervisor. Both times, they showed no interest in finding the source of the water entering the basement. They didn't care where it was coming from, how much water was entering, how to stop the filtration... This is because Basement Technologies ALWAYS proposes the same patented solution of digging an inside trench and pumping the water out. If they had done this, the pump would have caused even more water to flow in from the outside. And on top of this, they tried to pressure my father into signing a contract on the spot, saying that they could not guarantee the price if he didn't sign immediately. When he didn't sign, they called and called to pressure him.

Basement TechnologiesWon't stop harassing me!

As part of a draw they were having for a prize at a sporting event I submitted my phone number. Ever since then they call me non stop and will not leave me alone!! I have told them a million times to stop calling me and remove me from whatever list they have. They keep saying they will do this and still keep calling me constantly. Don't EVER give them your number for anything!!! This should be illegal!

Basement TechnologiesPoor Customer Service

My experience: I have several cracks in my foundation that leak during heavy rain. During the recent rain storms, I decided that was enough of dealing with this and I started calling basement waterproofing companies. Basement Technologies offered me a free analysis of my basement situation in which someone would come out to my house and review the problem and put together a plan to repair it- great ! However, this is where the frustration begins. Appointment #1 the rep no shows. I called during working hours and left a vm, no return call. I sent a email, no response. I called 3 more times leaving vm's every time and then on the 4th time, finally reached someone. I explained that I had an appointment which nobody showed for and it took a ton of effort on my part to reach them, and now I am mad, she tells me "well then go with another company, I don't know what to tell you". So fine, I hung up and decided not to deal with this company. A few weeks later I received a call in response to one of the many vm's I had originally left asking to reschedule the appointment. She is pleasant enough so I agree to reschedule. Appointment #2, 15 minutes past the window of the appointment I call to find out when they will be here. I am told they have a different time scheduled for me than the confirmed time- I have already taken a half day off work waiting for them and can't wait anymore, so, now I have to reschedule. Appointment #3, at 7:30 am on a Sunday, another no show. I think I am all set with Basement Technologies. 100 year rain storm or not, I am not even a customer yet and this is NOT how I expect to be treated.

Basement TechnologiesWaterproofing

Do not deal with this company. I have had nothing but trouble and floods since they installed a "watergrabber" in my basement. The last storm the pump failed to activate. When I called I had to wait for 6 hrs. for a return call while my basement filled with water. When I finally got a call back the "technician" told me I needed a different type of system. I unplugged and re-plugged, as soon as the pump started the water went away. Now I have been waiting for 2 days for a call as the pump alarm went off and I have no idea why. Basement again flooded.
          A true rip off...

• If this customer will contact us at [protected], we will make every effort to resolve the issue.

We always do our best to return all calls in a timely fashion. Certainly the ground rules changed during this last unprecedented (200-year) storm. Customers who have lived in their homes for over 20 years - and never had a drop of water - were suddenly flooded during this torrential rain.

It’s possible that the Water Grabber does not address the perceived areas and could not handle the sheer volume of the water, or a second Water Grabber may be ncessary depending on the size of the system installed. It appears this property has not had ANY system installed and only has a Water Grabber. A full perimeter system is necessary to avoid water intrusion into the basement. A home with no system or a partial system is in danger of having water intrusion - especially during the tremendous rainstorms that we have just experienced.

The fact is that BT does care very much about the satisfaction of all of our customers. In this case, we had a 100 year rain storm bring over 10 inches of rain in a 3 day period, followed immediately by another giant storm - requiring the National Guard to be called out and resulting in a National Emergency. As you can imagine, our resources were stretched to the limit. We put extra personnel on - in every department of our company - as quickly as we possibly could.

Please contact our office and we will do our best to renew your faith in our company.

We have been a member of the Better Business Bureau for many years and have always made customer satisfaction our highest priority.

• El
              elizabeth6336 Jan 25, 2011

dear ripped off homeowner, your best bet is to take this company to court and they will most likely award you a full refund. This company cares nothing about its customers or and only about there money, resulting in poor workmanship and even worse customer service.The one day fix has resulted in numerous floods and technicians back to attempt to fix the problem, even asking for more money!? A number of technicians at my home have explained why there are so many disgruntled customers. They will promise you the moon to get your deposit, then move on to the next victim once the job is done, letting unqualified employees work on your home. Once the job is done, they say your "all set" then they demand payment and storm off, leaving your house a mess. Now once they have your money, they wash there hands of you and do this to someone else. Dont be that person.

• Lo
              Lori C Dec 21, 2012

This company does not provide quality customer service nor do they treat the employees with respect. The owner only cares about lining his pockets with your hard earned money so he can go on vacations and pay his alimony to his numerous ex-wives. He teaches his salesman to lie and then reprimands the technicians who try to be honest with customers when telling them they were sold the wrong products! Please save yourself the trouble and find a more reputable company to help you with your waterproofing needs!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices