nco financial systemsFraud business practices!

On 1/13/07 i received a notice from nco financial services telling me that verizon had placed my account with them for collection. I also tried to contact these individuals and each time i thought i had gotten through the person answering would ask me to please hold and hold and hold. They never came back to talk to me. I attempted this several times with the same results each time. I have every intention of contacting verizon tomorrow and inform them of what i have discovered. I would also like to thank ComplaintsBoard.com because without reading the other responses from individuals i would not have known of the problems other individuals were having with this same company. Thanks very much.

• Valerie Jan 19, 2007

Right about 11am today (1/18/07), my cell phone rang.. but, instead of hearing a voice, I heard a recording, saying, someone will handle YOUR CALL in a moment-- sorry for the delay.

I found this strange, as I don't have this number published to anyone. So, I "waited" for whomever was calling to inform them to take MY number off their calling list. Finally, after a minute of "premium" time, some guy with broken English wanted to know if the person he was talking to was me. I demanded to know the name of the firm calling and what type of business they were in. He told me after a couple of tries. NCO Financial Services. I had never heard of them. He then asked again if this were me. I said, ummm, no, but you can remove my number from your call lists,, as this is a cell phone and I get charged minutes for taking your call, and then hung up. I'll be interested to see if they call again, as some other reporters have written, and will carry it to the next level which would filing a complaint with the FCC & BBB (though, the later is useless for the most part)

• Valerie Feb 07, 2007

I mailed in a check to NCO and was contacted by a very rude person from NCO telling me it should have arrived. It had only been 3 days. I tried to say that postal mail could take up to 5 to 6 days to be delivered, but the woman began yelling at me so I hung up. This company should be closed down - the people are rude, and unprofessional!

• Valerie Feb 16, 2007

Hello my name is Robert I work for nco financial services. I cant believe the garbage i have read on this site about the company.

We are very fdcpa compliant and if we have broken fdcpa laws it is mainly because debtors give misleading information to dodge their debt. For instant we run live messengers that leave messages on consumers voicemail which is totally legal considering our skip tracing team was given numbers that were deemed to be accurate the proper thing to if the number is bad is just to call and tell us and we would simply remove the number. I find reviews about our company to be even partially true. All i have to say if debtors dont like phone calls they should pay their bills like any other normal human being. About 90 percent of the people I talk to have in collections for over 2 months and clearly show no intention of paying their accounts simply tell us you are refusing to pay and we will send it back to our client and as far as rudeness if debtors payed their bills on time they would still have customer service we are not customer service. People need to grow up and get a life I think the us should be name United States Of The Offended. What a bunch of low life deadbeat crybabies.

Anna Nicole Feb 22, 2007

NCO has been calling our unlisted LANDLINE to collect from a welfare loser name Brain Day! They call everyday and will not remove out #. This number was Brian Days cell # in 2004! We were assigned this # by the phone company when we moved into a new house. They are harassing non English speaking losers just like the ghetto blaster they lent the money too!

• Si
    Sil Aug 26, 2007

I also work for Nco Financial Services and honestly having idiotic consumers like you guys trust me its very hard to deal with that ###. I work for the prelegal department and i get ###s that dont pay ### for 6 months and scream when we call. excuse me but when you had a ###ing minimum payment on ur first bill of 10 dollars and u couldnt pay it? You guys think we don't note the files? Just like when u guys ### that we got the wrong number...and wonder why we keep calling...trust me we know more than u ###s think. It's like sitting on the other side and screaming on the fone and hanging up not wanting to hear our side...if were trying to help...if we wanna advise u of something...Seriously consumers make it seem as if THEY ARE DOING US a favor by making a payment..lol...its ur credit not ours. We have parents that get their 3 year old children to pick up and say theyre not home..common. We deal with millions of consumers a day and we get about the same 5 different ### lies everyday..so dont think were falling for anything. The company isn't even half as bad as it seems..honestly i know we can get annoying..id hate to be called all day too..and i hate calling the same ppl all day too...but i dont understand people who pick up everyday and say "hes not home" (talkin about himself) and not out somwhere looking for a job.

• Ri
    River Bottoms Sep 25, 2007

What part of unsecure Credit or Loan Do you not UNDERSTAND! You,"NCO", are the idiots for not backing credit by collateral.

• Nc
    NCO SUX Sep 28, 2007

I have to say after reading the nco employees comments i would side with anyone against these rude obnoxious bottom dwellers. This is horrible biz practice.

• To
    Tony Oct 21, 2007

I had a bill with NCO, I paid it off. Now they are charging me interest on a balance of zero, i owe them $25.00 this month. I would like any NCO employees to justify that, charging interest on zero.

Michigan Consumer Mar 28, 2008

Yep, after reading the comments posted by those nitwit employees of NCO my opinion has been confirmed... you are a bunch of illiterate idiots who couldn't get a decent paying respectable job if you tried. Did NCO pull you guys off the welfare line? Or did you drop out of school for this wonderful "career"? Who, other than NCO, would hire you?

Your ###ic use of profanity, the thoughtless, disrespectful and repetetive use of the term "###" simply demonstrates not only your lack of class, but also your utter lack of intelligence and education as well as the complete lack of integrity that obviously applies to everyone at NCO. Clearly, this is typical of your behavior on the job as well.

NCO has been slapped with the largest penalty ever by the FTC ($1.5 million) for the extremely deceptive, fraudulent and misleading collection tactics they use to extort huge amounts of money from what they hope are unsuspecting consumers. When caught using this scam tactic by those who know what they are talking about and those who know federal and state law, they reluctantly and grudgingly apologize for the "error" and back off.

WARNING: NCO constantly sends bogus collection letters to consumers using invalid accounts numbers trying to collect on accounts that never existed with any institution, or on accounts that were paid off or charged off years ago (long after the statute expired) in the hope that unsuspecting consumers will agree to make payments under the threat of legal action. If you stand up to the bully that NCO is and file complaints with the FTC, the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office (Penn. is where NCO is based and there is an online complaint form on the Penn. Atty. Gen. website - it is free), as well as the Attorney General's office in your state, they will back down. Be sure to send copies of your letters to the Atty. Gen. to NCO's legal department. Demand that NCO provide you with all documented evidence proving that you legitimately owe the debt. It is THEIR responsibility to prove that you owe the money - it is NOT your responsibility to prove that you don't. They are LEGALLY required to supply you with any and all information regarding the debt or they cannot go forward with any collection activity, nor can they legally post anything to your credit reports. Include in your letter that they are to immediately stop making all contact with you except to tell you that they are terminating collection action.

NEVER agree to make a payment and NEVER send them any payments. If you do, the debt is considered "renewed" and the statute of limitations on the debt begins to run all over again (check your state for the statute) as well as the legal time debts and collection activity can be reported to and remain on your credit report (seven years). Agreeing to make a payment or sending a payment is the ONLY way a debt can be renewed; debts are NEVER renewed because you talk to someone or send them a letter, or simply because they are sold to another collection company so don't be fooled by that line by some unscrupulous debt collector - and they WILL try to intimidate and scare you with that line. Collection agencies are always buying and selling debt for pennies on the dollar, never for the actual "face" amount they are trying to collect.

Do a Google search and read the Fair Credit Reporting Act and go the Federal Trade Commission website for more information on your credit rights under federal law. This is how you beat bullies like NCO at their own game. Hang tough, you will prevail!

Michigan Consumer Mar 28, 2008

I'd like to add to the above Michigan Consumer post: DO NOT EVER GIVE YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR ANY OTHER PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION (such as your address, phone number, place of employment, other account numbers, etc.) TO ANY COLLECTION AGENCY OR DEBT COLLECTION CALLER. ONLY USE THE ACCOUNT NUMBER THEY HAVE ASSIGNED TO YOU. THEY CAN FIND WHATEVER INFORMATION THEY NEED WITH THEIR OWN ACCOUNT NUMBER EVEN IF THEY TRY TO TELL YOU OTHERWISE. INSIST UPON ONLY USING THEIR ACCOUNT NUMBER, AND ALWAYS REFER TO A DEBT AS BEING "NON-VALID" IF YOU KNOW THAT THE ACCOUNT NUMBER IS FALSE. The less you say to them, the better. Keep your answers vague. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ANSWER THEIR QUESTIONS. HOWEVER, THEY MUST ANSWER YOURS!! Although they probably won't, because that's just they way they are.

NCO may try to tell you that the "account" was not included in a previous bankruptcy. Even if you have declared bankruptcy in the past, do not tell them so - remember, be vague with your responses to them! - and do not let this tactic intimidate you, because all your debts are usually included in any bankruptcy proceeding. Companies like NCO regularly search public records and are prepared to use this information to scare you into sending them money. Debts included in bankruptcy proceedings have been legally charged off in federal court and are NO LONGER collectible. The institution where the debt originated took a tax write-off on that debt anyway, but that doesn't stop them from selling the old debt to companies like NCO.

There are many, many websites with postings about NCO and their fraudulent activities. A Google search will return hundreds of these websites with loads of useful information (check out www. /link removed/ for lots of info.). The Federal Trade Commission has a free online complaint form, as do most Attorney General offices in each state. The complaint forms are free and so are the online complaints.

A Google search will also give you samples of cease and desist letters to use when corresponding with collection agencies. Remember, the collection agency is legally required to provide you with ANY AND ALL information they have regarding any debt they are trying to collect. If they do not provide you with that information, they cannot continue moving forward with collection activity.

Google the FDCPA and FCRA for more good information on your rights under federal and state law.

Michigan Consumer Mar 28, 2008

Block your number when calling any collection agency by dialing *67 before their number. If this feature isn't available where you live, call from somewhere other than your home, cell phone or place of business or they will trace your number and start calling you.

• Pa
    Paul Apr 01, 2008

I've read both sides of it, NCO employees call the consumers "###s" and the people say they're lazy, uneducated fat ###. My estranged wife works for NCO in Mobile Alabama and I'll have you know she BARELY graduted high school and she has dropped out of community college not once, but TWICE because she's an ignorant ### ###. She has kept this job for almost 4 years now because she gets to sit on her fat ### and talk on the phone all day everyday while supporting her vietnamese house husband while he does the dishes and prepares her meals. She also abandoned her 3 children in the middle of the night leaving without a damn thing, no money, no food, not even a note as to where she was going. Yeah, NCO is a real moral facility of employment. If You would like to inform this child abondoning whore exactly how you feel her name is April Hook and her number is 251-665-5600 Ext. 2981. If you do, please, email me and tell me about it. Take out some aggressions on NCO's employees.

• Te
    termites all over you Apr 04, 2008

Announcement: The Cyber War against NCO financial has begun. We are beginning by offering you this quick easy method in social engineering.

step 1: when NCO calls, apologize for your late payment, be nice.

step 2: explain that you are moving or have moved and that you need to change your phone number.

step 3: give them the phone number of a member of congress or an individual at the FCC INSTEAD OF YOUR NUMBER.

step 4: They will ask you for your new address, say that you are not sure yet and that you will call back to update that later that you are late for work.

step 5: smile as you realize that they are now harassing the government instead of you.

More to come NCO. You threw the first stone... now, we're just going to ### you up. Oh, and we are pretty sure we can track down the smart ### mother ###ers who posted above. We hope you like spam ### suckers. ### us? NO ### YOU!

COPY AND PASTE THIS MESSAGE TO AS MANY MESSAGE BOARDS YOU CAN FIND ON THIS TOPIC. DO YOUR PART IN THE CYBER WAR AGAINST NCO FINANCIAL. WE'RE GOING TO JAIL OVER THIS ###, SO, WE JUST WANT TO SAY YOU'RE WELCOME IN ADVANCE.

MORE TO COME... LOTS MORE... YOU LIKE AUTO DIALER? WE LIKE BULK MAILER... LET'S SEE WHO IS TRULY THE KING OF THIS ###.

THIS MESSAGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY:

CYBER HITLER

• Ne
    Netman May 11, 2008

By rule of thumb I block repeat phone call
    no matter whom it is from if no message is left.
    Not shure if it is them using a unknown
    name, unknown number and hanging up.
    If it is them, at least leave a name and number.
    I can be rude as well by answering the phone
    with a Co2 horn!!!
    Maybe you should do the same.

John May 12, 2008

My wife just received the same Verizon / NCO notification notice which was completed invalid and neither of us had evidence of validity.

You can see by the responses from apparent NCO employees that they are unprofessional. If a real, professional representative of any company takes the time to post a response you'd figure it wouldn't be laced with profanity and unfounded accusations.

Follow the advice posted all over the internet if received unfounded notices from NCO.

charisse Sep 03, 2008

nco financial systems took moneys out of my banking acct. but I do not know what for or how they got access to my account. My bank says they had my acct numbers, but I never gave any authorization for a withdrawal of funds by anyone but me, they used an electronic check with no signiture from me. I don t owe anyone, at least they could have sent me a bill first to me a chance to pay. So what do I do now?

• Je
    Jen on the rampage Jun 02, 2009

The FCC has refused to take action against harassing phone calls placed by NCO on wireless lines.

NCO started their campaign of telephone harassment while I was on vacation with the family in Disney on May 7. I am standing on line for the Great Movie Ride in Hollywood Studios. They leave a pre-recorded message wanting a call back with a collection disclaimer and they say the bill they are collecting is on behalf of Bank of America, they provide an accunt number and a dollar amount. They threaten to feeze all of my bank/credit accounts unless I call back immediately. I was concerned, because I didn't know of any past due accounts. The account number was unrecognized, and it seemed they were clueless that I only had one credit card with the bank and a really small Pension from the days I worked as a receiptionst 20 years ago for a local predecessor bank that had eventually been acquired by Bank of America.

I get 6 calls that day - only one message - the rest all hang ups. I wound up shutting down my cell phone and not even bringing it with me when touring the parks. By the time I got home on May 10 - three days later, I had 42 hang up calls from NCO.

I called the bank Monday morning May 11 and they said all my accounts are in good standing. In fact they already acknowledged I paid off my credit card in full from vacation via an online transfer, and it was pending process and would be complete in 24-48 hours. They searched by address, social, account numbers, even by dollar amounts and there was not account in my name. Bank of America has stated they are in no eway affiliated with NCO. They do not use NCO for collections and they said I should not give them any information or money.

NCO calls again, I am told to "hold on" by their recording for "someone will be with you shortly to discuss your collection account". The first words out of their mouth is phishing for name, social, and other personal info. I give them my cell# and tell them to stop calling. Long story short, they threatened law suits, extremely unprofessional talking over top of me, not listening, and making every effort to provoke me to lose control of the coversation. These are known tactics people phishing for info use. If you lose your cool, you say something in anger they later use against you. NEVER lose your temper with people like this, just hang up and don't argue. Report them to the powers that be.

So, I took my own advice since they refuse to listen. Reported the incident and details to the FTC, Attorney General in my State and PA where they are located, the BBB, reported each harassing follow up hang up and line seizure call to the FCC, and the Comptroller of Currency to see if they can covince Bank of America to take action against a company harassing me in their name for a bill that they have no record of as well as publically advise people to do the same and share their stories.

The FTC responded with a letter referring me to their website for a summary of my rights. They will not take action.

To date, it has been 45 days since I FedExed my complaints to the Attorney General in my state and PA - no response.

FCC refused to pursue despite the fact they are using an automated dialing system to seize my wireless number, and cause significant expense by not disconnecting the call. I have filed a complaint with my company to pursue for company billable minutes in their campaign of terror. Maybe we could all track those billable minutes and put NCO in collection for unpaid wireless charges.

I reported them to child welfare for terrorizing a minor as my phone was answered by my neice, a minor child when my hands were full and I was expecting an important business call. Child welfare, loved the report as the woman taking the call was a victim of NCO's predatory phishing and she is looking for a way to escalate. The child came to get me and said it was not my client but some man telling her that her "mommy" was going to jail unless she paid them for Bank of America. The young teen got an education that evening as I explained to her how predators like this work and shared with her credit rights, and how people have been taken advantage of. I was impressed to learn she already knew about phishing from an internet safety class they took in school. It was built into the Health Education Program. Obviously NCO knew all about me assuming the child was my daughter.

I am also trying to solicit involvement from the Department of Banking and Comptroller of Currency to launch investigations against NCO for fraudulently phishing for information in the name of Bank of America, when the Bank has stated they have no affiliation with the company.

That's about it on my list for now.

• St
    Steve PA CEO Aug 19, 2009

I received a phone call from this people who said, i am calling in behave of an attorney, and the bill is from NCO Financial. Never heard of that company before and started to worried me. Any how i ask how much is the bill for he stated 3500 dollars... I said give me your address so i can send you a check. They told me its over seas. I knew right away that something was wrong. Cause i don't have a bill that outstanding... Be Careful i feel real sorry for are elders. cause this people probably could scam them... be careful for a phone number..305-728-3048

• Do
    donotfallvictimtoNCO Aug 21, 2009

If anyone here gets a letter from NCO please go directly to http://www.creditboards.com/forums. The people there are all like you and are very knowledgeable in collection agencies and credit laws. They are consumers helping consumers. It is FREE and you will learn so much about your rights as a consumer. Do NOT talk to or call these people on the phone. Do NOT admit to owing them anything or agree to set up payments, do NOT send them any money. Please follow my advice and go to CreditBoards! They WILL help you!

• Jl
    JLG58 Sep 11, 2009

I keep getting harassing calls from these freaks about people with the same last name as mine. Absolutely no relation, yet the calls keep coming. Last May my wife and I refinanced our home and we both had credit scores over 750... These mutants at NCO remind me of hitler's brown-shirts...
    What is this country coming to?

• Ca
    casey1234 Dec 30, 2009

NCO called me a year ago, claiming I owe $65 to major utility company. I called this company, and as I suspected, no deliquent account existed. NCO tried to tell me that after the utility co. sends customers to collection, they purge all records of said customer. Yeah, right!! So I could owe 1000s of dollars to ComEd, and after they send it to NCO, I can call and set up another account at new address in same name? That makes no sense.
    NCO employees-put yourself in my shoes. If YOU were thorough in paying all your bills, as a rule...and some random company w/ pre-recorded messages started harassing you to pay ComEd...and ComEd said you owe them nothing...would YOU then make out a check to NCO and mail it?
    Now you people are calling again, a full year since last harassment. This time claiming I owe same company double what your first figure was. I'm reporting you (again!) to the utility company. AND, since it is winter here and not much to do from being snowed in...I think I will entertain myself by posting on every single on-line forum, message board, consumer advocacy website, etc. I can find.
    I'm sure there ARE people who owe money. And not all of them are "dead beat", "losers", "###s"...Do you watch the news? Read the papers? Are you in touch w/ reality at all??? Perfectly upstanding citizens are losing their jobs, homes, self-respect all over the USA. WHY? Because the BANKS screwed us over w/ unsecured loans, jacked up real estate appraisals, over lending to innocent people who were told "SURE! You can afford a $500, 000 house on a yearly income of $35, 000!"
    Never before, since the "great" depression have so many GOOD people been so economically screwed. Perhaps NCO is the least of their problems? Perhaps they aren't really worried about paying a light bill because the bank foreclosed on their damn house? Luckily, I'm not one of them. And you're not getting a red cent out of me. I don't care if you waste the next 100 years calling.

• Me
    melmar Feb 05, 2010

Thank god other people have had the same horrible experience from these nasty, abusive fraudsters. I've been trying - actually reaching out to them - to get information on the debt they claim I owe, they refuse to provide it and taunt and abuse me in every phone call.

It's useful to see the other legal action that was taken against them - I am just talking to a lawyer now about suing them, really good to know I am not alone in this world and have some rights to defend myself against crooks and bullies.

• Li
    lilielil Mar 01, 2010

I had the opposite issue with NCO of everyone else here.

I got a check for $50 in the mail from NCO Financial Systems Inc. It had my name and address on it, but no accompanying letter or any other information other than an account number.

I looked up the phone number and called them, and they said they had no record of that account number, and asked for my SSN. I didn't give it to them. Then they told me to call another phone number, and I was bounced between three different numbers a few times, each one telling me to call a different phone number, and no one being able to tell me if the check is valid.

I don't want to cash the check because I'm worried they could get my bank account number that way and then deduct money straight from my account (I won't lie - I am consolidating debt so my accounts are all purposefully behind). It would be nice to have an extra $50, but from what I'm reading about NCO not worth the chance!

• Or
    orionseye311 Apr 19, 2010

I have a similar issue with NCO as most of the readers. I had been in an accident and acquired a significant number of hospital bills. Of course without health insurance I couldn't cover them all and a few went into collections. NCO contacted me with a bill and I called telling them I could only afford a small amount $20 a month on a 1200.00 debt. I wish I had read this site before doing so because now I can't even get someone on the phone to show me documentation on the debt itself. The are rude and disrespectful when you actually get someone on the phone, most of the time you stay in cue and never get a person, then try and leave a message and it says mail box full. Do not pay these guys a penny before verifying that you actually owe the debt. I wish there were more sites like this educating people on there rights and bringing together people with similar experiences.

pmf1 Apr 26, 2010

NCO kept buggin me.
    Although, now they no longer contact me but send the collection effort off to another company on their behalf.
    I have a letter I send to everyone of them and they cease and desist immediately.
    No phone calls and no letters !

• Mc
    mcolleenbecker May 20, 2010

I bought a Tracfone for my mom in early May and received a local phone number. Immediately she began receiving calls from NCO and a few other collectors seeking a woman named "Amanda". I called the other two collectors from my phone to say that "Amanda" no longer has that number and to please stop calling. They complied. NCO however, did not. It's been several days and several phone calls later. I told the gentleman that called today that if they didn't remove the number from their system(s) I would take legal action and sue the company for damages in excess of thousands of dollars for lost air time, harassment, violations of the FDCPA, disclosing personal information about another to someone not authorized to have such information, and waking my third shift working butt up!

I finally had to just contact Tracfone today and ask for a different number.

pmf1 May 21, 2010

You made a mistake.
    You called them and told them to cease the calls.
    Send a registered letter with return receipt requested.
    It will work

MimiV Jul 06, 2010

I got a letter from NCO about an account with Cablevision. As many of you I called Cablevision and my account is Zero balance ($0.00). I told them about my concern of this letter of collection and gave them the account number. Cablevision confirmed that that account was owed by me but with a different address and the debt match for what NCO was charging me. Now is there anybody stealing my name and #SS to get cable? I called NCO and told them all this and they nicely told me to send a letter to dispute the charge and they will send it to Cablevision to clear my name. The letter of dispute should say that I did not live in that address and for the periods of time they were charging me. Now How come they are charging me for cable services in another address and send me this letter to my actual address? Did Cablevision made a mistake about filing for collection using my #SS? I know there are a couple of people in my area that have my same name but live in different areas. Am I being a victim of fraud from Cablevision, NCO or someone else? Please advice. Thank you and I am sorry for all the aggravation we all have gone through.

pmf1 Jul 07, 2010

Welcome to the world of fraudulent collections.
    Send a cease and desist letter to NCO within 30 days.
    Then in a few months they will sell your alledged debt to another collection agency and this will just keep repeating itself.
    There is no sense talking with any collection agency as they will just assume you are a deadbeat.

Good Luck ~ ! ~

• Oo
    Oob Sep 10, 2010

We keep getting calls from this number daily asking for a "Jose". We were just assigned this number and I am assuming they are looking for the previous owner of this phone number. My husband and I are neither "deadbeats" "losers" or "on wellfare" or "lazy". My husband works 7 days a week at a well paying job (so I think that rules him out as being a lazy deadbeat on wellfare...and I don't think he's a loser) and we don't have any bills that are unpaid or in collections. I am sure people use the excuse "this is the wrong number" all the time when they are trying to get out of paying a bill, but I don't even know a Jose and my husbands name is Shea. In this case they really DO have the wrong number, I think we just got assigned our number too quickly after the last person disconnected. The first time they called it was a woman speaking only Spanish and I told her "I'm sorry I only speak English", shea said "gracias" and hung up, after that someone speaking very poor English started calling for Jose, I told them no Jose lives here, but like I said I'm sure they don't believe me and I don't know how to get them to stop calling. I am considering just changing out number.

I am also very disappointed after reading what certian NCO "employess" have written. Just because these people have unpaid bills does not mean they are bad people, you have no idea what their situation is. Also your company is ACTUALLY calling the WRONG number at my house, and please quit being all high and might about the people you are calling, my husband probably makes more in a day than you do in a week at your job that requires no skills other then being able to harass people well. Consider the fast that every once in a while you might actually have the wrong number and the person isn't just lying about it.

• Bl
    blahblahblahblah2222222 Oct 22, 2010

I had a debt that NCO bought. I got the amount and the account number and sent them a check. They sent it back and said they couldn't find the account. Then they started calling again. So same thing again. Sent another check and it was returned again, they couldn't find the account. I called the original debtor and they couldn't find where I ever owed anything either. Guess what NCO kept calling. Give me a break. Then a few years later, current day, guess who calls. NCO. They were collecting a debt from a gas company from 2000, from a state I didn't even live in. Fantastic!

pmf1 Dec 26, 2010

There is consumer protection legislation that is pending that would stop some of this harassment, but with the change in Washington it may not occur now. Senator Franken is one of the sponsors of the bill.
    I have a standard letter I send and then they just go away until they re-sell the debt to someone else.
    It genuine and it works ~ ! ~
    I am not proud of some of my credit history but they do not the right to harass you with non-stop phone calls.
    Lets hope the legislation passes.

• Sc
    scared in tn Feb 04, 2011

I have a student loan of an excessive amount, $45, 000.00, and after I could not pay even though I kept applying for defferment, they sold it to NCO. now I have letters stating they are going to start garnishing my paycheck. I was married when I went to school. Now I have been a single parent for 6 years and don't know what to do! can anyone give me some advice? thanks

ChicoChicoChico Mar 09, 2011

uummmm i love how the employees get pissed at me for not paying my bills like im living this lavish lifestyle... Its not my fault im one of the 20 million unemployed, college grads that defaulted on their student loans due to lack of work. Believe me if i had it my way I wouldnt be in this postion.

• St
    Steetoe Steveo Mar 25, 2011

I have an outstanding balance on a workmans comp claim. I told these [censor]s I needed them to send me a bill. They said they have and only send one. Then threatened to report me to the credit agencies. I said it will get paid as soon as I have proof I owe this money as my employer tops me to say. They keep refusing to send it so they won't get paid.

SamanthaBee Apr 11, 2011

I was working at the NCO Financial call center in Sarnia Ontario. It was a nightmare. I had planned to go shopping for boxing day in Toronto so I could get a new inhaler for my asthma (Its took me a year and some travleing for tests to prove to a Dr. in Sarnia that I did in fact have asthma, I was in the emergency room once to twice a week having an attack and no puffer to diolate my breathing passages)
    The supervisors make a bonous on how many of us poor suckers they can get to sign up to work a stat holiday. Sure enough my supervisor forged my signature, it ended with me loosing my job for not comming in that day, as I had said I could not, and I would not sign the paper.
    I was going threw a seperation at that time, I got a note from to DR that verified the days I took off where for medical pourpose, as well as a note that would qualifie me for a stress leave. But being young with all their harrasment and the gut wrenching fear of being un employed I agreed with HR and just quit. They gave me the choice to walk or get tossed. Dr notes, and forgery apparently mean nothing to this beast of a company, there is something wrong with the world today. Out of all the people I knew there 8 of us have called the labor board and all got told the same thing. Nothing could be done.

• Sp
    spikejoker911 Aug 15, 2011

I just got outa the military dec 29, 2009. I owed STAR CARD 2, 798.21 and they would (since deployment a year before) send me statements with the amount: "0" due. So basically i put it aside. During thie last 2 years i recieved no statements from STAR CARD and they would not allow me to access my account via internet and they claimed i only had the option of making payments over the phone. Just a week ago NCO gave me that sam BS call putting me on hold lol. I eventually waited and the representative answered and told me that my STAR CARD debt was forwarded to them. I explained i hadnt recieved any statements in almost 2 years and they said that wasnt their problem. They gave me my balance with them which was the amount of 4, 286.16. They said it was their legal right to put an increase of 25% on my balance. Now im all sorts of jacked up. I was discharged 4 months early for Alcoholism. I had just turned 18 when joining. My recruiter paid the 100 for me to take my GED. I deployed to iraq for 14 months. When i got out they claimed i was an alcoholic before i had even enlisted. They also gave me a general discharge and took my GI BILL from me. The past year ive been trying to get a claim from the VA for Anxiety and Depression. With that i will apply for an upgrade on my discharge in attempts to reclaim my College benifits. Basically what im trying to say is NCO may be a third party company to scam people, but dont let your guard down for a minute. Most all companies are there to take you then exploit you and leave you with nothing. Good Luck PEOPLE!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices