National Recovery Agencyfalse collection

I was just recently notified that a National Recovery Agency was placed onto my credit report as a collection. When I looked it up they are showing the debt to be for a Columbia House DVD account for an even $100 and showing 2 different account numbers. I presently have a Columbia House account and am in good standing with a zero balance. Since its ipossible to contact NRA because they won't leave any contact information I contacted Columbia House. Columbia House said they have no idea why they are claiming a debt from them, both the account numbers listed are not Colmbia House numbers and Columbia House never asked them to collect a debt for them. So directly from the supposed "origininating client" National Recovery Agency is completely full of crap. Not to mention this just now showing up (4/2010) but showing its original date of 2/2009 and I have never recieved any letter from them about this account. Already been reported to BBB and Florida Attorney General.

• Jc
    jchavez May 31, 2011

It's like I wrote this post! They contacted me about a debt for Columbia House in the amount of $100 for books purchased in 2005. They said i'd paid $2 and change but that there was still a balance. I'd never even heard of Columbia house. When I asked them to prove it was my debt, they told me I had to prove the debt WASN'T mine. How am I supposed to prove that I DIDN'T order something? I've sent them a letter recently so I hope that stops collection.

• Re
    Renita May 24, 2010

I am experiencing the same problem with this agancy. They submitted something to the credit burea and this ashowed up onmy credit report. I contacted the Book club thatit is supposedly for and they have no idea what they are talking about. First of all, I never had an acct with the book club. They are saying that they received it in 2006 and the acct was from 1995!!! I am filing a lawsuit.

• Re
    Renita May 24, 2010

I am experienceing the same thing only mine is froma book club that I contacted and they have never sent anything to them. Mine is supposedly from 1995!!! and just showed up!!! I am in th eporcess of trying toget a home loana nd this is keeping me from doing so. I am filing a lawsuit.

Comment Guidelines