National Magazine Exchangescam for sweepstakes

F Review updated:

I received a scam notification concerning a sweepstakes I haha won that is sponsored exclusively by National Magazine Exchange. Prize to be awarded as 30 annual installments of $70, 000.00 or a lump sum payment of $1, 100, 000.00.

My ID# is [protected] but I came to this site to check it out first. They even had the disclaimer down "There is no purchase required to enter or win and a purchase will not improve your chances of winning." And my contact date is by January 22, 2009.

• Mc
    McDowel Apr 14, 2021

Hi I got this letter also, I was suspicious so I came to this web site and am reading all the posts. The one
    thing is that I moved to a new location and the only company I notified was Publishers Clearing House...
    then I get this letter to my new address???? So PCH is definitely culpable in this scam. I will no longer
    order anything from them as of today. I pray no one else gets stung by this.

Rose Ann

• Ho
    hotenuf Oct 19, 2020

I suspected that NME was an agent(?) for PCH, the unknown holding company behind them.
    PCH's ploys are very close in presentation as I received from the agents trying to get me to buy
    4 (FOUR) magazines. They talked at me for 40 minutes but I was trying to make money taking
    surveys (true businesses (I hope) perhaps some are some aren't. My 10-year-old email address
    happens to be [email protected] Greed is STILL the #1 pandemic to my
    mind - I am a Christian and I send money and items to several countries to the missionaries
    to dole out to the people who actually need them. I also give to Saint Jude Hospital since its
    inception in 1977. I quit giving to Red Cross because my sister informed me, while she was an
    employee there that Red Cross actually were SELLING the donations they were receiving.

Back to the subject of NME - I've received a letter from them that they cannot use my card
    (I wonder why I changed it? I such a fool, right????) I was trying to obtain the phone number
    of the Clearwater facility (perhaps a couple of rooms in a dilapidated office building?) but I
    cannot get it through searching.

• Ur
    UR An Idiot Sep 04, 2020

@Misunderstood Rep, I agree with most people on this ridiculous SCAM. Today is 09/04/2020 so I guess your fraudulent attempts are resuming. You really shouldn’t be commenting to anyone, considering the language barrier you must have. I would guess the English language is your second language, since you can’t spell. Only an ignorant and uneducated person would put those poorly written texts on here. We do have a great feature called SPELL CHECK”. You may want to look into it so you can learn the correct verbiage instead of cursing. This is totally a scam. Are you sitting on someone’s basement or a sweat shop as you get these inbound calls? Maybe YOU are the one who needs a job, as you’re not qualified to even text. SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

• Ba
    Bab'sboogie Oct 03, 2019

I just received the same thing. I am a financially challenged mother of one. $520, 000.00 would change my life after my ex made us homeless and took all of my money. This is just another reason I can't handle people anymore because you have to be a bit of a scam artist to survive. He did it to me, they do it to people etc... Look no one is saying they will give you the money, but trust me when I tell you I have not seen anyone win one of these ever and I would love to I have worked for years, helped other people out been helped out recently so this would just help me do all I need to for myself and my daughter, go back to school, open a business, pay off debts etc...
    I believe in hard work not scamming people, I believe in also working smart not stupid of course there are short cuts in this world but nothing ever comes for free. Usually people make it by someone else losing, just remember that! However if they have not had one winner and they keep amassing money then one day it will all catch up to them and frankly I would not want that burden at all!

JoBlow Aug 28, 2019

I received a Strike It Rich XI sweepstakes letter.After reading the reviews of this business I surely will not call the number that they had in the letter.

• Cl
    Claudette R. Apr 03, 2019

I just got my letter so decided to Google it. Anything out of Florida deserves to be checked out first. It is pretty much the scam capital of the U.S. So I checked the BBB site through the link that was provided above by @Powerhse74. (Thank you!) Very informative and straightforward. Here it is for your convenience:

Check it out. There's nothing more to say. Whether it's a scam or not, doesn't matter. They have an unbelievably poor rating. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

• Le
    le0001 Feb 11, 2019

Got mine in Feb 2019. Amount changed, mine is 520, 000.00 meaning 10, 000 a week for a year. I wasn't 100% sure if I should call, because I do enter legit sweepstakes still. But after I googled the po box (phone number did me no good as it has had multiple owners - some legit, others not), and found this, I won't be using their number.

• Ka
    KASHURika sims Dec 16, 2018

Hey." I just gotten a mail in today Dec 17, 2018 from something called National Magazine Exchange it was a Notification System it's says But I do not remember about me applying to a entry that doesn't exist to me its a lie don't falling for that I think, personally myself excuse my language it is ''[censored]'' because why it possible a scam Artist probably somewhere with in the united states if trying to make money off of you they wants you to contact them? That's what want did they say something to do with sweepstakes, cash up to $10, 000.00 dollars for prize every 52 weeks for and entire year and you have until January 3, 2019 to respond then its fake and its a lie probably a con-Artist that can convenience people so u fall into they and they say you do not have to pay bill or cash for sweepstake now that fishy.''

• La
    La Lawrence Aug 24, 2018

I just got one such letter, myself. .So I checked in and found you people..lol.
    Well I knew right away it was a scam.. I can't even get a loan from friends.. more lol.
    Here's the deal~~~ They sell magazines...What do they want ~ Your money~~sign up and get lots of offers.
    and no money because you did not win.. Does anyone ever win ?
    Did you think to ask for a list of verifiable winners ?
    Nope~~~ Didn't think so !
    Do not get your blood pressure up, just throw it in the garbage. ( oh the loss of trees, paper for this crap ).
    You will be getting plenty more where that came from. That -is verifiable.

• Po
    Polonus Apr 20, 2018

Scammers family like PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE, SWEEPSTAKE CLEARING HOUSE, NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE - NOTIFICATION SYSTEM and others.They are luring potential "soft targets" by multiple zeros. What they are needs from you? Just full name, address and credit card ####. That's it. They are got you! I hope that sooner or later somebody will introduce law which will punish such businesses. I'm writing a book about the first one mentioned above. After my experience with those - the "Magazine Exchange" has no choice with me. ...Jeremiah

Joke is on u Mar 07, 2018

I got the scam as well I called the number just see then I thought i got the letter bit I called to see about it everything free until supervisor takes over u have to pay. I was at post office the other day and read a sign about scams and just what that sign said I knew it was a scam. I hung phone up she wanted by bank account number hahhahha home on them I am happy that sign reminded me stop

• Ed
    Ed Givens Apr 28, 2017

I just got a letter also saying I hav to call by a certain date, (two weeks away). I guarantee if I call they'll try to sell me something, no thanks. I only play my state lottery when I do want to try to win something because I know it's legit.

ANONmcmcmc Mar 02, 2017

Oh and BTW

Out of my wage that i receive for all hours worked, I pay federal taxes ... some of which goes towards the social security check that you used to purchase your magazines with. So, your welcome for the free magazines.

ANONmcmcmc Mar 02, 2017

Well guys, i work for national magazine exchange, i can assure you that this is no scam; i have medical insurance at a decent rate with very competitive commision-based pay if i do well, and a low hourly rate that i'm guaranteed if i do poorly. I work from home and don't want anything at all. I'm full, my bills are paid, and i'm in the best shape of my life all because some people called me and bought magazines.

Today i sold 11 magazine packages, and thats not even really that great of a day.

I'll admit that it's a little tricky, but everything is presented very factually and no charges will ever be seen that weren't described to you, that you accepted with an affirmative yes, because the first time you were asked you said, "fine, " or "sure, "and then i asked you, "may i accept your response as a yes, margaret?" and then you said yes for the first time legally, but twice if you count when you said it your way.

I'm glad you said yes in your own way margaret, now could you please say yes in our way as well? Just so that we're all 100% clear.

Why did you say yes?

Debatable. Here's all the reasons why i can imagine that you said yes:

You heard a good deal that interested you... You thought you would lose out on your chance to win if you didn't buy... I was intimidating... You take drugs and simply went into a "yes man" state of zoned out tranquility... I asked you so many times that you finally say yes out of annoyance because hanging up felt rude... You have dementia... You are a sickly, elderly person who lives all alone at home with nothing to do, and your brain feels like its rotting out from all the tv so you pick up the phone and call the number on the letter just to hear a friendly voice and they convince you that you could use something to read with all that spare time you've got

Scam? Not debatable. There are real magazines, and watches... And gift cards and trial offers galore... Along with a winner for every sweepstakes. And all the exact right verbiage to wrap it all in a nice pink bow and make considerably more money than you pay out in sweepstakes prize money. Not to mention, the deal for the magazines is actually really good if you do the math. Only if you like magazines, i guess, but... If you don't, why does it even matter?

So... Is your issue with the business model itself, or is your issue with the fact that some people are simply natural salesmen that are either really convincing speakers, or are very pushy and wont take no for an answer?
    Because to me, from the moment i was introduced to the script for the first time at the most basic level, i thought to myself

This is the most genius business model every created. With a simple process, both creating and harnessing emotion into buying power in a beautiful psychological dance. I've had callers crying it all out to me and thanking me profusely by the end of the call.

And it really is genius, and i'm pretty good at it most of the time.

But don't worry, as long as you're capable of saying no 5 times, or hanging up the phone, you won't ever talk to me.

But you might win a bunch of money regardless. Meanwhile, just chill out, guys... And don't buy anything that you don't want. Not just magazines, that goes for anything in life. Even soda, popcorn, condoms and break pads.

Just say no

5 times ;)

• To
    Todd Kavanagh Jun 06, 2016

same o same o, $550, 000
    deadline by June 23, 2016

• Tr
    Trina A. Grundy Jun 03, 2016

My Name is Trina, I received an urgent letter from the National Magazine Exchange from 16120 US Hwy 19 N, Clearwater Florida 33764 about a 2,000,000.00 sweepstakes entry. I called the number and some lady started asking me question about what I will do with the money if I won etc. She then asked me if I wanted to receive magazines and I told her that I was'nt interested because I am currently receiving enough magazines already.She talked me into receiving more and that they would debit $1.00 from my account and $49.00 each month there after but instead they deposited the $49.00 plus $69.00 from my account the same day. I think something should be done about this they are ripping off people big time.

Anita Palmer Jun 03, 2016

I called them after I saw a $1.00 that was going to be deducted from my account. I called them & told them that I didn't want the magazines any more... she went on to try & keep me from canceling the magazines... ITS A SCAM!!! My aunt got on the phone & threatened her.. she said she would cancel.. but I dont know yet!

• La
    Laura Jun 03, 2016

This is their direct phone number, they are also known as Special Data Processing. Call and complain until they do something to help you. [protected]

• Ce
    Cecil Allen Feb 26, 2016

Looks like their at it again, I just received a letter in the mail, I've won 1, 100, 000.00 . My deadline is March 17, 2016. It's sad that when you go to a Home Show in Ottawa, you'd hope that when you fill out a ballet to possibly win a prise that they wouldn't sell your information to the highest bidder to send us this kind of scams.

• Ke
    Kelly Casey Lucas Oct 07, 2015

Question...has anyone actually ever WON THAT MONEY... Uhhh...no?... Right...ok then.

• Ca
    Cautious Casey Aug 03, 2014

I have received several calls over a 2-3 week period. The guy ask for me by my last name, told me that I did something online that put me on there list. Not in those words, but he then told me I had to tell him my name to verify who I was then I would be entered in a sweepstakes for the chance to win 1 million dollars. He was talk so fast I didn't understand where he was calling from, so I asked him and again he quickly named a company and told me to tell him my name. I told him that because I didn't remember doing anything that would have made me eligible to enter his sweepstakes I didn't feel comfortable giving him any info. He said "I understand but could you jus tell me your name so I can get you entered in our sweepstakes." So after telling him no a few more times he got pissed and hung up on me. Which made me even more uncomfortable. Like I mentioned before he called me several times after that. Then a few days ago I received a letter in the mail about a sweepstakes with a prize of $1, 100, 000.00. I have been hesitant to call the number on the letter but am strongly considering it. I figured since they already have my first and last name why not, but I will not be giving out any credit card info.

• As
    AshleyL19883 Jan 28, 2014

So I guess this a scam, cause I just got the same letter in the mail. I wish they do something to people that is trying to scam people. Also they need protect people getting people's information on computers.

• As
    AshleyL19883 Jan 28, 2014

I got one of these letters and said the same thing. So is it a scam?

• Na
    National Magazine Exchange Dec 15, 2013

I am writing because I was scamed From The National Magazine Exchange program. I keep getting magazines that I dont want and these high bills I called and asked them to stop sending them. Over and over there should be against the law for people or companys to keep billing and sending people things they dont want

• Ir
    irock_you Jun 07, 2013

I paid $60 a long time ago on a phone call about receiving magazines for 60 weeks, I love magazines. I kept receiving chunks of interesting magazines every week. good stuff. I remember the chick on the phone telling me to wait until "This particular month-June that is" to be qualified to win a prize. $100K. or a Ford Mustang. I received the same sweeptakes letter and I gave them a call via Skype, no one asked me to pay or buy anything. the lady asked me politely to provide my Entry ID number.. then, she gave me the necessary information, and thanked me. and hung up smoothly.

Honestly, I don't give a rat's ### about sweepstakes. but I'll give it a shot and give you guy any update I get from NME.. I've got nothing to lose. and my bank account is flat zero. I'm a student. and I don't have any credit account.

anjilkat Mar 06, 2013

Chisox 1125 is the ### within this complaint of this SCAM!!! and Michelle04 a REAL company does NOT cheat people and steal from them like this company has done most of the people submitting complaints here. You both are sounding along the lines of the India guy who has called our house saying he's with the NY Police Dept one time then the New York SHERIFF's dept the next time. We've been scammed one too many times via the internet from simply making purchases or filling out an order form. It's ludicrous to see how easy actual legitimate companies steal from all of us quite easily and get away with it and remain in business! On this particular magazine sweepstakes baloney? Bottom line is...if you NEVER ENTERED this contest to begin with, why would they be notifying you of being a potential winner...that's the clue to avoid it altogether in the first place.

Oh and another company that I'm going to make a complaint about here soon is Crafter's Choice where you sign up for a membership and are supposedly only obligated to make a certain number of purchases beyond the beginning offer and you can canel your membership once that commitment is made...well they're a rip-off, too! Just trying ENDING your membership with them. I'm STILL trying to get them to cancel my membership after 8 months. They continue to try to send me their book orders and bill my card. I will next be contacting my bank and turning them into fraud for not abiding by their own contract.

Best wishes to all who are scammed in ANY way shape or form. It does make it much easier to pay bills etc online, but this fraud stuff needs to end, NOW.

• Bo
    bowdy777 Feb 06, 2013

Today i received a letter fron a collection agency (Tata & Kirklin) revealing i have as opportunity to settle a 278.00 bill with the national magazine exchange for 166.00... I am very upset with companies like them that take advantage of people who live on a limited income and they know that if the customers reveal this info while being pressured to order or reorder. Now to begin with i placed an order in 2011 and all was paid for, then i received another bill for 49.00 or they debited it from my account and had to fight with them to get it back, at that time i was told my order ws all set for 2yrs.. I never received a bill since then, till today, and like i said it was from a collection agency. The NME said my bill would be zero'd out therefore my acct was settled and the collection agency would be notified within 30-45 days.. Im worried they will put this fraudulant bill on my credit. As all know, u cannot have anything against your credit or they put u in the POOR CREDIT rating. Im sick and tired of extreme untruth in this country today concerning bussiness's who are out to get money from u one way or another. This is what Jesus tells us in the bible, "The world will be full of liars in the end times". If i have problems with people or bussiness's, thing's etc, I pray then do what i can to straighten things like this out and it ussually all works out for the good.. will see how NME goes forth from here. Good luck to the others who have problems with this co.

Comments

• Do
    DONTBELIEVEITSNOTTRUE Jan 24, 2013

I DO BELIEVE IT'S A SCAM, WINNERS YOU NEVER HERE OF THEM.. EVERY YEAR I GET ONE OF THESE NOTICES FROM THESE PEOPLE. THERES NOTHING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES.. IF IT WAS REAL YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO PURCHASE ANYTHING...FREE NOTHINGS FREE, AND CERTIANLY NOT 1.000.000.00 DOLLARS

J of Athens Jan 08, 2013

My deadline is January 24, 2013, by which date I am to contact them or else lose out on possibly winning $36, 666.67 per year for 30 years, OR, $550, 000.00 in one lump sum, pre-tax. The letter stated, "We have been trying to reach you..." and yet, unless they are one of the many solicitors for money I refuse to talk to on the phone, I have never been contacted before regarding this deal. They are not listed with the Better Business Bureau of Clearwater, Florida, whereas you would think that a company that has been in business for "over 25 years, " as stated on their website, nmemags.com, they would have earned kudos from the BBB for having enriched so many Americans, or possibly Canadians (who must take a timed math test to win--if selected to win!). And come to that, wouldn't you think that over the course of 25 years they would have awarded more than "over $9 million in prize money, " as per their website, OR that they would have simply gotten out of the business since they can only manage to get rid of about $360, 000 per year?? Huh? I hope they used recycled paper to make this solicitation to riches; what a shame it would be if a tree had to die for these crooks. J of Athens

• Ha
    harleyjeenz Nov 09, 2012

My mom received a letter asking her to call before 11/1 to continue to be eligible for winning. When she called, they verified her address only. Yesterday she received a call from a Florida phone number saying she won $500, 000. They wanted to know if she would be home next Tuesday between 9-12 because they will be delivering the check to her door. They did not ask for any credit card or bank info but please know my mom receives magazines she has ordered so they received a check from her at one time. When I called the number showing on her caller ID, got a recording saying the number dialed was not available. I looked at the letter mom had received initially and discovered it was "junk" mail (I'm a letter carrier so I know what that looks like.) If it had been 1st class, I would have given it some credence. Now we'll wait and see if someone shows up on Tuesday. I don't think they will, but the setting where she lives is gated and I've informed the front office to be on the lookout. I myself would like to be there to strangle the jerk who is trying to take advantage of an elderly widow, but have to work. Hopefully the front office will do this for me.

• Bu
    BusMom Nov 06, 2012

Received the "letter" today telling me that my $1, 100, 000 sweepstakes ID #[protected] was assigned to me on October 29, 2012 and that I only had until Nov. 22, 2012 to enter the sweepstakes. Fat chance!! Don't hold your breath about that one, cause it aint happenin! I think all these scam artists should be drawn and quartered!!! Shame on you for continually trying to scam innocent people out of their hard-earned money!! I find comfort in knowing that these people will be judged by God come judgement day. I pity you then.

• Am
    amaniplay Aug 28, 2012

HI, I received the same mail and i gave them my card information for the magazin, they said they will charge me every month but i found that they took all the money.
    i want to know if they keeping charge me after a year . ? what can i do

• Mi
    Michelle04 Jun 28, 2012

Its a real company and if people actually listen they would know when exactly they are registered.

• Mo
    morris waldman Apr 28, 2012

i have been trying to cancel all magazines for months i refuse to pay

morris waldman

• Na
    Nass Mac Dec 06, 2011

I did recieve an Official prize distribution statement for 1, 100, 000.00 too with a ID no. of [protected] ... if this is nothing to do with you and your organization please do something to prevent these letters to be send to people and distroy your company ... thanks

• Ro
    RON CONFUSSED Oct 29, 2011

I just received a collection letter in the mail. saying i owed National Magazine Exchange $278.32 for some magazines i never received . I have never even heard of the place or business so i called the collection agency . witch they could not give me no information on the dept so i got on line to find all of the complaint's. so i deiced to call the collection agency back they would pick up the phone. and i could here people in the back ground but they would not answer me then they would hang up on me . i tryed several times calling them back . im thinking the collection agency is part of there scam

chisox1125 Jul 07, 2011

This is not a scam. Cause I work at this place you ###s. No one is holding a gun to your damn head to buy the magazines, or anything that we sell... and no you didnt win you have a chance to win.. FYI as well they dont need just your expiration date on the card you jack ### they require the card number as well as like any situation that requires you to purchase something. And there is no insurace money as well MISS JOHNSON, u got scammed by someone else because number 1 the damn sweepstakes in March of 2012, you didnt win no 2nd place prize from us.

• Cl
    claudia i gonzalez May 11, 2011

acabo de recibir la misma notificasion por correo mi id# 371880890i mi plaso sebence el26 de mayo

• Do
    dontfallforit001 Apr 19, 2011

This company is not accredited by the BBB. Their overall score is D-.
    Factors that lowered National Magazine Exchange's rating include:
    390 complaints filed against business
    Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints.
    One complaint filed against business that was not resolved.
    One serious complaint filed against business.

Factors that raised National Magazine Exchange's rating include:
    Length of time business has been operating.
    Response to 390 complaint(s) filed against business.
    BBB has sufficient background information on this business.

National Magazine Exchange — scam for sweepstakes

Beware of this company everyone!

• Ho
    hotwired56 Apr 12, 2011

My elderly mother received a notice in the mail saying that she were trying to reach her regarding a $1, 100, 000.00 prize entry. I walked in the door as she was on the phone with the representative, I listened closely as I sat down on the couch, they asked her for credit card information...that's when I spoke up. I told her that ANY supposed sweepstakes that you didn't enter in the first place who has representatives that ask you for bank account, credit card, or other private info is a SCAM. The woman she was talking to got angry...Mom handed the phone to me, I told the woman (while she would not shut up) that it was nothing personal, but we were going to call the State Attorney General and inquire about this, and if it was on the up-and-up we would call back...she started reading some scripted response to me, and telling me that my Mother called THEM, that they did NOT call HER, that my conversation was being recorded, etc etc etc...

I'm going to show this page to Mom and hopefully she'll know better next time.

ID.# [protected]