MTAdriver on m14d

A Jul 02, 2019

I boarded the M14D, Bus No. 5510 at 18th Street and 9th Avenue. At 14th Street and 6th Avenue I asked the bus driver to let me off at 14th Street and 5th Avenue since it was 11:15 pm. My understanding is that one may ask to get off on a corner other than a bus stop after 10 pm as long as it is not dangerous to do so. This driver refused to let me get off at 5th Avenue even though she was stopped for the light and no traffic was coming. She said only short buses do that. If that is so, than there are many "long" bus drivers that are breaking the 10 pm rule. As a matter of fact, this driver was the only driver ever to refuse to let me off at a safer, more convenient corner along their route.

The bus driver was not wearing her badge (which I thought was mandatory) so I could not get a number and didn't want to get into an argument since she was already acting contrary. The driver was a hispanic woman with light hair. Again it was bus #5510. Since traffic was so light, I would estimate it left it's starting point at 18th Street and 10th Avenue around 10:50-11:00 pm.

Please let me know if my understanding of the after 10 pm rule on NYC MTA buses is wrong. I can be reached at [protected]@outlook.com.

Audrey Sevastacis